PDA

View Full Version : Whacked-out Pokedex clasification?

AdventureSerum
7th July 2007, 09:56 PM
This probably isn't that meaningful a question, but does anyone know why metagross pops up in the pokedex when you search for pokemon in the cluster-like form? I've been trying to figure that out for a while and it's driving me NUTS!

Crazy Elf Boy
7th July 2007, 10:25 PM
I think this would be becasue Metagross is techinically two Metang joined together. While a metang is just two beldum fused together.

Blademaster
7th July 2007, 11:53 PM
'Cluster-like form?' The Hell is that? :confused:

mr_pikachu
8th July 2007, 12:01 AM
I'm guessing it's Pokemon that are formed from combinations of other Pokemon. (Magneton, for instance, looks like three Magnemite fused together.) I haven't tested the Pokedex much myself, but that seems like a reasonable assessment.

An interesting question would be the number of Pokemon required for a "cluster." Is two enough? That would make Pokemon like Slowbro and Slowking legitimate clusters. But if there must be three or more, the list would be much more exclusive.

Then again, it could simply have to do with appearance rather than actual Pokemon combinations. Hard to say.

Greyfox
8th July 2007, 12:34 AM
Can't forget Weezing and Dugtrio. And what about Doduo/rio? A pair or trio of heads for one body is mighty strange. Makes me wonder if they plan on giving the Doduo a prevolution with one head - Doduno...

-Grey

AdventureSerum
10th July 2007, 08:27 PM
Weezing and Dugtrio are, but for some reason Doduo and family are not. Cherubi is, so apparently two is enough.

Starry Might
19th July 2007, 02:38 PM
I haven't got the National Pokedex yet, but this topic's interesting, nonetheless. :)

Are Exeggute and (less likely) Exeggutor considered "Cluster-like"? (Just thought I'd ask since they haven't been brought up in here yet.)

Chris 2.1
30th July 2007, 04:34 PM
I think a cluster is a Pokemon whose evolutionary lines involve fusing, like how Beldums fuse to form Metang, or Koffings fuse to form Weezing. Magneton as well. But Doduo and Dodrio sort of mutate I suppose.

Zallarion
9th August 2007, 09:38 AM
Mutate lol...
i suppose combee is a cluster too..
look at his legend in the pokedex.. it says:

A Pokémon formed by three others. It busily carries sweet floral honey to VESPIQUEN.

So is she a cluster?

Drago
9th August 2007, 10:21 AM
I personally wouldn't consider Vespiqueen a cluster, as she seems to assimilate (or more likely ditch) the other Combees without showing any sign of them still existing.

RattataGuy
9th August 2007, 12:36 PM
Mutate lol...
i suppose combee is a cluster too..
look at his legend in the pokedex.. it says:

A Pokémon formed by three others. It busily carries sweet floral honey to VESPIQUEN.

So is she a cluster?

Oh come on, don't be absurd. You can't trust what the pokedex flavor text says. Until we have a game that has a combee pre-evolution that would indicate otherwise, combee is a single pokemon not a cluster. And that would make Vespiqueen a single pokemon as well.

AdventureSerum
9th August 2007, 01:04 PM
I think anything with more than one face should be under that button's category anyway. It makes sense!

Drago
9th August 2007, 04:57 PM
Oh come on, don't be absurd. You can't trust what the pokedex flavor text says. Until we have a game that has a combee pre-evolution that would indicate otherwise, combee is a single pokemon not a cluster. And that would make Vespiqueen a single pokemon as well.

The 'dex text has a lot to answer for, really. Vulpix should actually have one white tail when they're born... I am so waiting for a pre-evo for that one.

AdventureSerum
10th August 2007, 09:25 AM
Yeah, you know. The old, old text for Ivysaur says it can't stand on its hind feet. Guess what it's doing in the Pokedex picture. That's right, standing on it's hind feet.

Poryhedron
10th August 2007, 11:23 AM
Nidoking can squeeze with its massive tail until its opponent's bones break.

Has Nidoking ever actually had access to a tail move?

The Blue Avenger
10th August 2007, 11:41 AM
Has Nidoking ever actually had access to a tail move?

Ever since Iron Tail was introduced.

Chris 2.1
10th August 2007, 02:55 PM
Meditite can fly after meditation. Nuff said.

DarkestLight
10th August 2007, 04:51 PM
Has anyone SEEN the height Weavile gets in PBR before performing Slam Dunk (formerly known as Brick Break)?

And he doesn't get Bounce?! WHAT? But nn assfirehorse does? Or a Buttfingeringmonkey? No, I don't tolerate that.

Drago
15th August 2007, 08:36 AM
A wee bit off-topic, but has anyone else laughed at the IV 'personality' description of a Pokemon? Such as a Geodude who 'likes to run'...
I laughed when I hatched a relaxed Elekid that 'likes to thrash about' and a serious one that's 'something of a clown'. Contradictory much?

AdventureSerum
15th August 2007, 04:48 PM
Maybe it's a mime.