PDA

View Full Version : SNOW!!!!!

Lady Vulpix
10th July 2007, 07:27 PM
I know that using 5 exclamation marks means I'm crazy, but who wouldn't be after this?

IT SNOWED IN BUENOS AIRES!

It happened yesterday, while I was still in the USA. (Why did I have to miss the snowfall? But I got to see the snow!)

It hadn't snowed in Buenos Aires since 1918. It was all over the news. My mom told me that my dog would run over to the garden and come back covered in snow!

And it happened on our Independence Day to boot!

Most of it has melted by now, but I took photos!

From the plane (http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g26/Gliynn/Snow%20in%20Buenos%20Aires/p8090683.jpg)
Snow-topped palm trees (http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g26/Gliynn/Snow%20in%20Buenos%20Aires/p8090685.jpg)
Snow by the road (http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g26/Gliynn/Snow%20in%20Buenos%20Aires/p8090686.jpg)
Some snow in my garden (http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g26/Gliynn/Snow%20in%20Buenos%20Aires/p8090688.jpg)

Blademaster
10th July 2007, 07:54 PM
ZOMFG!!! IT'S SNOWING IN BUENOS AIRES! THE GLOBAL CLIMATE IS SHIFTING! THE NORTH ATLANTIC CURRENT HAS STOPPED FLOWING! SOMEBODY CALL DENNIS QUAID - THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT WILL SOON COME TO AN END! REPENT!! REPENT!!!

Seriously, snow in Argentina? o.O That is kinda creepy...

But on the plus side, now I can do this!

(skis down the roof of the Teatro Colon)

WEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

SPLAT!

Oooog... I'm OK...!

(avalanche falls off roof onto his head)

Owie...

Lady Vulpix
10th July 2007, 08:11 PM
There are places in Argentina where it snows every winter (like Mendoza and the Southern Andes), but Buenos Aires isn't one of them.

Where do you know the Teatro Colón from?

Blademaster
10th July 2007, 08:22 PM
My grandma told me; some aunt I've never met before that lives in Argentina told her.

...Uh, incidentally, can somebody get me a snow shovel...? I can't feel my toes...

Jeff
10th July 2007, 08:43 PM
Seeing those palm trees covered in snow is pretty crazy. This has certainly been a weird year for snow, just this past April we had snow falling on green grass (and sticking!) up here. Snow in April in Maryland is quite rare. I do remember it happening once before though, but it didn't stick. But yeah, snow sticking in a place that has palm trees is definitely even wackier than our April snow, I guess you win :P.

MarshmallowEgg
11th July 2007, 05:13 AM
Man, I wish it would snow here. I'm dying of heat. It's 3:08 in the morning, I've got the lights off and my window open, and it's still... *checks temperature* about 87 degrees in my room. It's awful. Especially considering that I'm in Washington state and it's really not supposed to be this hot in this part of the state.

Number1ChanseyFan
11th July 2007, 07:31 AM
Yay!! I am happy that you finally got to see snow!! I wish it would snow now, it's been over 90 for like the last three days, and I am really tired of it, but I have never liked it being warm anyways.

Knight of Time
11th July 2007, 10:01 AM
Whoa, snow in Buenos Aires? I saw the story yesterday (before coming on here for the first time yesterday, I believe), and it was jaw dropping. I can only imagine how my "winter" life would have unfolded there, I mean, snow in July is rather unusual, but it does have the element of fun mixed in (unless ice is also mixed in with it, though).

BTW, out of curiousity, but is the snow still in any places on the ground in Buenos Aires, Gabi?

Lady Vulpix
11th July 2007, 10:18 AM
Megan! It's nice to see you again!

Not anymore, Kyle. But it was good while it lasted. By the way, the strange thing was not that it was in July (it's winter here) but that it snowed at all.

Magmar
11th July 2007, 01:24 PM
That is so unusual. The other meteorology students are all ZOMG THAT PROVES THINGS but I'm like... it's just a freak weather event.

I've seen snow at the end of May (that would be like the end of November for you) which is awfully sad considering it's about 100 degrees Fahrenheit every few days int he summer here. New England has some weird weather.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
12th July 2007, 05:38 AM
I like snow. Now I will begin to go to Argentina in summers (I mean, when there's summer in Finland)!

Crystal Mew
12th July 2007, 12:17 PM
Wow thats cool that you got to see snow Gabi :)
It snowed alot here last winter and its usually uncommon for it to snow that much here. Oh well, I didnt complain, it was awesome! :)

DarkTemplarZero
18th July 2007, 10:41 PM
And my first reaction to that is "shit, it's global warming". Enjoy the snow ^_^