PDA

View Full Version : Two new Japanese titles (including the long awaited episode 300!)*SPOILERS*

Zak
8th April 2003, 07:19 PM
Alright, here are two more Japanese titles, straight from Zak headquarters...

299(23): Roughneck of the Sea! Corphish Enters!

300(24): Run, Ash! Cross the Carvanha River!

Well well well... looks like episode 300 was just a long-awaited filler.. =/

~Zak

Hanada Tattsu
8th April 2003, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the titles, Zak!

299: Well, I guess Ash gets Corphish in this episode. I was expecting Brock to get Mudkip before Ash gets Corphish, but I guess not. Well, at least he gets it soon enough.

300: Wow, episode 300! The 300th episode of the show! It's nothing but a filler about Carvanha. I hope someone gets Carvanha later on, hopefully Ash or Brock.

Well, thanks for the titles again!

E-Leigh-T
9th April 2003, 12:59 AM
The 300th episode. Gee I never would have never thought that the show would make it this far back in the days of the orange Island Leauge. I remember thinking that ep 100 was a big near end of show episode. Now lets hope that we are around in time for the 400th episode. I know i will be still here.

Amoblaz
9th April 2003, 08:57 AM
The 300 episode..
And ive only saw 209 episodes of it .. hm.. i got a long way to go..

Chris 2.1
9th April 2003, 10:45 AM
cool titles. weird how 300 adresses Ash only...maybe he gets seperated from the group on the other side of a river or something. Corphish still sounds like an R/S Kingler, which i am nit best pleased about, but i still love the guy ^^

Light_Togetic
9th April 2003, 11:29 AM
Aww man! When is Brock going to catch Mudkip!! Oh well, I'll try to be patient. What is wrong with those people?! It's the 300th episode, and all they can do is still it with a filler? At least it's about Carvanha, a pokemon that I'd like to see animated. I always thought it looked weird, so I want to see how it moves in the show.

Powarun
9th April 2003, 09:14 PM
Yay, I like the sound of Corphish entering. I don't thin Sharpedo will make it on TEam twerp/

Too Cool Scyther
10th April 2003, 12:53 AM
Well, the really big episodes to celebrate is episode 500 (if they make it that far) so let's keep hoping.

Chikoo
10th April 2003, 11:01 AM
299. So Ash catches a Corphish in this episode...cool. I hope it evolves into Crawdaunt someday.
300. W00t! Sharpedo and Carvanha make a great 300th episode. ;) Carvanha would make a great Pokemon for Misty, right? Yeah, right! Like Misty would try to catch that.

Nikku-San
11th April 2003, 09:23 PM
Hehe, it'd be funny if 300 is the final episode and ends with Ash being eaten by Carvanha.

PAK Man
12th April 2003, 02:51 PM
Even though episode 300 is a filler, it sounds like a really interesting one. Carvanha is a pretty cool Pokemon. I don't think anybody will capture it, since I think Carvanha and Sharpedo are basically the Gyarados and Ursaring of Hoenn. They look cool, but Ash, May, Brock, Masato, Jessie and James are all afraid of them.

On the other episode, it sounds cool that Ash gets a Corphish. I was kind of expecting him to get one. I highly doubt it will evolve. Dark Pokemon don't have that great of a reputation in the show. Only the "enemies" (Gary, Team Magma, Team Aqua, the Masked Marauder) seem to have Dark Pokemon. I highly doubt the writers would give Ash a Water/Dark Pokemon.

Chris 2.1
14th April 2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by PAK Man

On the other episode, it sounds cool that Ash gets a Corphish. I was kind of expecting him to get one. I highly doubt it will evolve. Dark Pokemon don't have that great of a reputation in the show. Only the "enemies" (Gary, Team Magma, Team Aqua, the Masked Marauder) seem to have Dark Pokemon. I highly doubt the writers would give Ash a Water/Dark Pokemon.

anyway, since Crawdaunt was owned by TA, it kinda has a bad reputation, just like Arbok and Weezing. And if TM have Numel, then Ash might not get one...:o

CobaltDragon
15th April 2003, 02:39 AM
Hey wait a minute!

Although, Corphish sounds like a great Pokemon, its similar to Krabby! Wouldn't Ash want something totally different?

And how come Brock gets a Mudkip? I thought Ash always gets a three starter Pokemon. He got all the others!

Kiddow
15th April 2003, 05:55 AM
Ash also doesn't get a Torchic. :)

CobaltDragon
15th April 2003, 07:51 AM
Although, Corphish sounds like a great Pokemon, its similar to Krabby! Wouldn't Ash want something totally different?

I just caught a Corphish and realised how cool it was!! I changed my mind now, so I can't wait for the Corphish episode and I hope he catches one!! ^_^ :yes:

Anyway, if Ash is going to catch a Treecko, and Brock a Mudkip, does that mean May will catch a Torchic?

Hanada Tattsu
15th April 2003, 08:30 AM
Cobalt Dragon, the writers really changed the format of Advanced Generation and made it different from the last five seasons of Pokemon. While in Kanto Ash had gotten Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, and in Johto got Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile, this time he just gets one of the starters, Treecko. May, the girl who replaces Misty, recieves Torchic, and Brock, now training water types, eventually gets Mudkip.

As for Corphish, it is similar to Krabby, but the audience will hardly notice because we never did see Krabby, so it's not like we're seeing the same thing again. Plus, I would like Ash to compete in a battle with a Crawdaunts (if Corphish evolves, that is) and his old Kingler.

CobaltDragon
15th April 2003, 12:52 PM
Oh I see, anyway it's good that it's different, cos it would be boring if it was always the same. Brock changing to water Pokemon will be an interesting change!

A battle with Crawdaunt and Kingler will be cool! Although Crawdaunt being a dark type would be strange on the twerps team. Corphish^_^ and Crawdaunt seem to be more like Lobsters than Crabs.

Anyway, does May have a specific type she likes to train?

Hanada Tattsu
16th April 2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by CobaltDragon
Anyway, does May have a specific type she likes to train?

Surprisingly, no, she doesn't.

Unlike Misty, who stuck to water types, May inhereted the cute factor from Ash. She got Torchic, the cutest starter (in the writers' opinion, I think Mudkip is the cutest starter) and also a Wurmple, which evolves into Beautifly.

So I think she trains "cute" Pokemon, whereas Ash now has tougher Pokemon, like Taillow and Treecko, but also has cute and strong Pokemon, like Pikachu for instance. Brock has stuck to water types, like Lotad and Mudkip.

Reece
26th April 2003, 06:58 PM
I hope Ash's Treeko Fully Evolves

AKA Pokemon Fan
26th April 2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by CobaltDragon
A battle with Crawdaunt and Kingler will be cool! Although Crawdaunt being a dark type would be strange on the twerps team. Corphish^_^ and Crawdaunt seem to be more like Lobsters than Crabs.

Actually they're based on crayfish, also called crawdads (sp?), which are basically small freshwater lobsters in most respects.

Crawdaunt is the RS equivalent of Kingler but at the same time it can learn a lot of moves Kingler can't, like Aerial Ace and Brick Break.

Only the "enemies" (Gary, Team Magma, Team Aqua, the Masked Marauder) seem to have Dark Pokemon. I highly doubt the writers would give Ash a Water/Dark Pokemon.
I disagree. Gary ceased to be an "enemy" back in Kanto, and his Umbreon was shown as a graceful, beautiful and powerful creature. The Houndour in Pikachu and Pichu turned out to be nice. Then there is the Hour of the Houndour, the episode that formally introduced Dark types, the Houndour were shown to be loyal, caring creatures. Same for the Houndoom that took care of Togepi. Finally there's Larvitar's mother, so there's nothing to keep Corphish from evolving someday.

I hope Ash's Treeko Fully Evolves
I suspect it will at least evolve to its second stage, since they'll want to advertise it's signature move Leaf Blade, and it can't use the move until it grows blades on it's arms. It has a personality a bit like Charizards so its likely it would like the idea of evolving. There's also the logic that Ash's first Grass starter stayed in its first form, the second got to its second form, and the third would evolve to the third form. Finally, there's the fact that Treeko doesn't really change that much when it evolves in terms of character. Aside from becoming more cool looking Treeko could remain as it is by evolving, even still imitating Tuxedo Mask with that twig he loves to throw.

Indeed, Sceptile is also the closest starter to resemble Charizard in terms of them both being large fierce lizards with Dragon type qualities, and given how much AG is imitating early events in the series its possible Treeko will become the new Charizard. Not in terms of disobediance (Treeko already has a rebel attitude but respects Ash) but as the large, strong Pokemon Ash keeps as a back up trump card. The sad fact is Hoenn may be too far away from Johto for Ash's Charizard to help him out in this league.

I certainly hope so because Sceptile is one of the most awesome Grass types, tied only with Tropius in my book.8)

And just to be clear from what another poster said. May/Haruka recieves Torchic as her Starter Pokemon from Professor Birch, she doesn't catch it. Ash does catch Treeko though, using Pikachu, much like he caught Bulbasaur with Pikachu back in Kanto. Masato is surprised when he sees the Electric type beat a Grass type with fair ease.:D

Reece
26th April 2003, 07:48 PM
that would be awsome, and I hope Ash catches Pokemon instead of letting them go, stupid boy! I hope the Pokemon Masters Trainer Page is updated with May's Pokemon and Ash's new pokemon