PDA

View Full Version : Facebook now has a group for TPMers

Knight of Time
19th July 2007, 01:35 PM
Well, to anyone that hasn't noticed it already, the social networking site, Facebook, now has a group for TPMers who are members of Facebook to chat away and stuff (basically, it could be a second home for us, incase this site is down unexpectedly).

Among the people who have joined so far, they include myself, Gabi (Lady Vulpix), Chris (Ledian_X; he and Gabi created this group, so I think they deserve recognition for it), Aipom of Doom, Matt (formerly Link 10), Mew Master, and Weasel Overlord.

To reach the group on Facebook, just type in TPMers on Facebook in the search box, and you should find the group. Anyone who has Facebook and is interested in this group should post here in this topic.

Hope to see more of you guys join us soon.

Heald
19th July 2007, 02:22 PM
Hurrah! Another forum where we can all join and hardly ever post! God bless the interweb!

Magmar
19th July 2007, 04:10 PM
I'm in it! Look for meeee! =)

Andrew
19th July 2007, 07:09 PM
I don't think I want to have Ledian X related to my Facebook profile.

You know, really brings it down...

And let's hope he doesn't have a gallery.

Perfect Chaos
19th July 2007, 07:22 PM
That's pretty cool, I guess I'll look into it

Drago
19th July 2007, 07:44 PM
Yay! This will be just as much fun as TPM's MySpace group! ...Oh, wait.

Andrew
19th July 2007, 07:54 PM
lol.

BTW, I am coming down to Melb not this Monday coming, the monday after! You simply have to show me around town. I will be lost, disorientated. And most likely, cold.

No-one told me Melbourne got cold. :s

Knight of Time
19th July 2007, 07:58 PM
Well, it's nice to see more members joining our little "mini-forum". :)

Earlier today while talking with Gabi on AIM, we were both hoping some TPMers who haven't been here in a while might show up as members of the Facebook group. If we're all really lucky, maybe some older members will finally return here after noticing the group, so you guys might want to cross your fingers.

'is awaiting to see if DarkPrincess, Discotheque, and/or Rambunctious Jamirus would be among anyone who joins the Facebook group in the future'

Andrew
19th July 2007, 08:25 PM
But, the problem with that. You have some more undesired TPM members joining :s WPM Anyone?

Knight of Time
19th July 2007, 08:36 PM
Oh no, not WPM...

For our sake, let's hope his maturity improved.

Unfortunately, this new group could also be infested with banned TPMers from the past here, if they cause trouble in the group, at least they can be reported.

Andrew
19th July 2007, 08:38 PM
I would rather hope he's died in an unfortunately tragic, but hillarious accident he induced.

"Boy dies from asphyxiation of Pikachu Plush Toy"

Jeff
19th July 2007, 08:58 PM
Last I heard of WPM was when he got in long debates (read: who can whine more contests) with Serebii Joe back when the English DP pokemon names were being revealed. Oh God. Considering Joe was a TPMer at one time. No, I just don't want to think about it...

Magmar
19th July 2007, 09:29 PM
WPM DIDN'T JOIN.
are you kidding me.

i bet his picture's pikachu.

Phoenixsong
19th July 2007, 10:18 PM
Will be joining shortly, for the hell of it. I hate stuff like facebook, really, but all my friends love it and practically wet themselves when I said I wouldn't get one. Eh, I caved. Already kinda regretting it, but... wth. Dunno how active I'll be... I'm determined not to become mindlessly addicted like all of my friends, and that'll probably mean avoiding it most days. Whatever, I'll try to... uh... check on y'all... er... do whatever the heck it is you do on facebook.

Greyfox
19th July 2007, 10:45 PM
I don't want Serebii.net's webmaster associated with TPM. Have you checked out their RBY/GSC 'dex lately? It's a blatent ripoff of the Pokedex TPM had before it went under. And it doesn't even work right!

-Grey

Crystal Mew
20th July 2007, 02:36 AM
lmao andy.

I dunno if I'll join or not, it has my personal info on there! but regardless, I think everyone has matured over the last few years so it shouldnt be THAT bad, jeeze guys.

Vejodi
20th July 2007, 07:06 AM
I'm not a fan of Facebook, however I do have a MySpace. And as for getting old members back: more browse than you realise, but I don't think they really care about a TPM group.

DarkTemplarZero
21st July 2007, 11:23 PM
Somewhat hard to believe that people here have facebooks. I remember back in the good old days when nobody here even had digital cameras.

And btw, MySpace is a worthless steaming pile of shit. Makes buddypic.com look like Wikipedia. Get away from myspace, join facebook, you'll be happier for it, unless you're a shallow 10 year old slut or a living reason why not to flirt in chat rooms.

RedStarWarrior
21st July 2007, 11:58 PM
Facebook let's you selectively privatize data, even from friends, so people who are worried about such should still look into facebook.

Anyway, I joined the damn group. You do realize that there are atleast two other TPM groups on facebook, though I think they have to do with RPG and ASB.

mvtm
22nd July 2007, 04:07 PM
Well.I just joined..i guess i should make a note of it here.
xD

Lady Vulpix
22nd July 2007, 04:09 PM
I saw you! And requested to add you as a friend. :)

mvtm
22nd July 2007, 04:20 PM
Yeah i accepted, and even put in details..from an organization or team called TPM,xD!!

homeofmew
22nd July 2007, 04:54 PM
I have a facebook, is there a link someone can send me

Jeff
22nd July 2007, 07:26 PM
Just search the groups for "TPMers", and you should find it.

RedStarWarrior
22nd July 2007, 09:06 PM
TINA...hurry the hell up and join so I can friend you.

Mega Horny
22nd July 2007, 10:51 PM
I'm on facebook...Pretty sure I'm the only one of Weasel Overlord/Crystal Tears' friends named Dylan.

Andrew
23rd July 2007, 12:28 AM
I'm not joining the Group, but, those of you whom I like, I'll add you individually.'

Keep looking through your inbox for the golden friends invite!111

Matt
23rd July 2007, 06:33 PM
This facebook group is so cool. Big JK. Blah blah blah. Much love.

Lady Vulpix
23rd July 2007, 08:29 PM
I'm not joining the Group.Thank you. That's the best form of quality assurance I can expect from you. :)

PNT510
23rd July 2007, 08:51 PM
I think I'll be having to join this group. I prefer facebook over myspace, if only more people used it regularly.

Andrew
23rd July 2007, 09:02 PM
Thank you. That's the best form of quality assurance I can expect from you. :)

Let me assure you, letting ugly people I don't really like be related to my facebook profile is something I'm keeping a stringent check on.

Cferra
23rd July 2007, 09:56 PM
Like Gabi and Knight said, we have a Facebook for old and new members. Not really here that much posting around. But, I do lurk aroun. Haven't really had much to say and I've been buisy.

So, whoever wants to join, they can. If not? Whatever. No one HAS to join. This is just a fun thing Gabi and I made. Hope to see you there.

LX

Magmar
23rd July 2007, 09:58 PM
It does take all of under two minutes to make a Facebook group :p so I just don't understand why people are making this into such a celestial project.

Lady Vulpix
23rd July 2007, 10:01 PM
No one said it was celestial. We're just posting to let you know it's there.

Matt
23rd July 2007, 10:58 PM
There may be some ugly people, but I learned that Magmar is hot. TEHEE. TPM IS SO KOOLZ.

RedStarWarrior
23rd July 2007, 11:34 PM
ANDREW, friend me, you jerk. :D

pokemasterfrank
24th July 2007, 01:12 AM
Against my better judgement, I joined :P

Heald
24th July 2007, 03:18 AM
I've already been told off for very little whatsoever. I love how these guys treat new members.

RedStarWarrior
24th July 2007, 05:08 AM
Who told you off?

Magmar
24th July 2007, 08:21 AM
ANDREW, friend me, you jerk. :D

Search for him, he can't be too hard to find. Just look for Andrew, and if there's a bunch, find the sexiest one. =P

RedStarWarrior
24th July 2007, 10:07 AM
Hmm...who has he friended?

Greyfox
24th July 2007, 02:07 PM
Search for him, he can't be too hard to find. Just look for Andrew, and if there's a bunch, find the sexiest one. =P

But that would only lead him to my profile though...

-drew

Bulbasaur4
25th July 2007, 12:14 AM
I'm letting anyone fromhere add me as a friend. Although I prefur people let me know they're a TPMer so I'm not like... WHO IS THIS PERSON?! NOT ANOTHER STALKER?! AAHHH!!

Although I have no idea why I let Roy continue being on my friends list. STALKER! *scoots away from him in mod land*
XD

Dark Scizor
29th July 2007, 03:40 AM
I'll probably join whenever I next login.

RedStarWarrior
29th July 2007, 11:15 AM
Anyone can add me as well. I'm not as paranoid as Kalah and I'd love a stalker or two.

Magmar
29th July 2007, 11:53 AM
Everyone should add me, because I have a crapload of friends and could always use more people to fill up StalkerFeed.

kendawg528
1st August 2007, 02:28 PM
haha is there any way to make your facebook groups private from one's profile?

it'd be awful if in my first year of college my classmates find out i post in a pokemon message board.

btw gabi i finally figured out how to re-registerrr thankkk you.

Knight of Time
1st August 2007, 02:36 PM
Any of you guys who haven't done so already can add me to your friend list as well if you want, I go by my real name (Kyle) all the time on Facebook, but I don't mind occasionally being called by my initials (K.W.), either. Many people used to call me by my initials in high school, but these days, sometimes people call me by the initials of my username (this one, not my old one of one of the DarkPrince variants); KOT.

Magmar
1st August 2007, 04:02 PM
haha is there any way to make your facebook groups private from one's profile?

it'd be awful if in my first year of college my classmates find out i post in a pokemon message board.

btw gabi i finally figured out how to re-registerrr thankkk you.

What are you afraid of? Kick their asses if they give you shit. That's what I do. =)

DarkTemplarZero
2nd August 2007, 11:19 PM
And kendawg, I had the same issue for about 2 minutes, but you can hide stuff from your feed and if you're a member of a bunch of groups nobody's going to bother to look through all of them unless they're just as much of an insufferable nerd as they may think you are. Or you could just kick their ass, that's always a viable solution.

Zak
4th August 2007, 10:19 AM
I keep getting this IM bot thing that names from here invited me to join FB.

I'm already on it, just haven't been for months. I mainly tend to keep real life and online life separate, but if you know me well enough to be able to find me, I'll add you.
Unlike certain other people...

Arnen
8th August 2007, 08:48 PM
I joined Facebook last night for no apparent reason, so decided to join the groupy thingy. :'D

mr_pikachu
8th August 2007, 08:57 PM
Hey, got a question. When I got some of my friend requests, I didn't exactly know what I was doing, so I checked the "only allow this user to see my limited profile" box. How do I change that setting for friends?

RedStarWarrior
9th August 2007, 06:23 AM
You have to go to your privacy settings, I believe. I can't log on from work (damn you federal government). Anyway, Zak, I know you well, but I'm forgetful. We'll have to talk to refresh my memory.

Bruninho
13th August 2007, 10:44 AM
Cool! Now I actually have a pokemon group on Facebook that I can join, thank you to the creator of the group.

AntiAsh Superstar
15th August 2007, 06:54 PM
I'll just post here to say I'm aware of this - sadly I'm more using Facebook to keep in touch with old schoolfriends so don't expect me to join OR add the few TPMers who try to friend me on there; tho the initial one or two I friended for the most part you guys can find me on MySpace if you care that much, k? I'm the same username as ever there so yeah. I hate having to log into three billion sites to say the same damn thing tho. Don't expect to see me update much if you do find me.

Lady Vulpix
15th August 2007, 06:58 PM
Cool! Now I actually have a pokemon group on Facebook that I can join, thank you to the creator of the group.
You're welcome. :)

rinni the bard
11th September 2007, 01:11 AM
yay! I just joined :D