PDA

View Full Version : The TPM Battling League: Standard Tournament #4 (COMPLETE)

mr_pikachu
26th July 2007, 11:58 PM
The TPM Battling League
2007-08 ~ Standard Tournament #4

Admin Approved by Chris
Commissioner: mr_pikachu

This topic is to inform participants of the TPMBL about an upcoming tournament, for competitors in the tournament to report their battle results, and for pairings and results to be announced. It is not to be used for tournament registration.

To register for this tournament, follow the instructions given at the bottom of this thread.

Tournament Information

Basic Information
Standard Tournament (Round-Robin)
Double-Battle Style
Start Date: August 3, 2007

Lineup Clauses and Limits
Level Limit: 100 (Auto-level will be used)
Pokémon Limit: 4 Pokémon
Legendary Clause
Species Clause
DS Style

Battle Clauses
Sleep Clause
OHKO Clause
Self-Destruct Clause

Tournament Limits
Maximum Players: 8
Tournament Duration: 6 days

Staff
Head TD: mr_pikachu
Assistant TDs: Phoenixsong

Tiebreakers
1. Solkoff
2. Cumulative
3. Median

Additional Notes
This tournament is quite a bit different than the ones before it. First of all, it will be a double-battle tournament as opposed to the single-battle competitions we've had thus far. Second, participants are limited to four Pokémon instead of six. Third, there are no late registrations this time. And fourth, it will be a round-robin tournament. This means that the pairings for all rounds will be announced at the very beginning, and each competitor will battle against every other participant in the tournament in whatever order they wish, as long as they do so within the six-day time limit.

This will be a much faster tournament, as the double-battle style and number of Pokémon both lend themselves to quicker battles. So, are you ready to rumble?

Registration

To register for this tournament, send a PM (Private Message) to the Head TD with your TPMBL ID# (found in the Rules, Ratings, and Standings thread). The PM must include the following information for all of the Pokemon you will use in the tournament:

Species
Level
Gender (if none, put “Genderless”)
Ability
Hold Item (if none, put “None”)
Move #1
Move #2 (if none, put “None”)
Move #3 (if none, put “None”)
Move #4 (if none, put “None”)

Your Pokemon must be listed in the order in which they are arranged on your team.

Mega Horny
27th July 2007, 12:12 PM
I'll pm you once I finalize my team's movesets.

mr_pikachu
31st July 2007, 12:02 AM
As of right now, we have zero participants and only a day left to register. Make sure you get your team in before time runs out! Get in the game!

PNT510
31st July 2007, 06:31 PM
I'm still trying to get my team together, sadly I don't have a ton of time to play right now so I doubt I'll have my team in by the deadline.

mr_pikachu
1st August 2007, 01:10 AM
Since we currently only have one participant registered for the tournament, we'll extend the deadline another two days. If we do not have any more participants by that point, the sole registrant will be declared the winner by default.

mr_pikachu
3rd August 2007, 02:12 PM
Because we still only have one participant, we cannot continue. Therefore, the winner of this tournament, by default, is Negrek!

Thanks for participating, Negrek. Perhaps we didn't give others enough time to prepare their teams... we'll have to take that into account the next time we do a "fun" tournament.

We hope to see you and many others for the tournament #5!