PDA

View Full Version : Finding Certain Pokemon

Ultimate Charizard
1st August 2007, 02:43 PM
Ok ive spent the last hour or so in Wayward cave trying to track down a Gible.
Is there a trick to it or is it unavailable till later levels (like Bagon was)

I know its rare but seriously...

Blademaster
1st August 2007, 03:23 PM
Check under the bridge on Route 206 - somewhere under there, at the far north of the route, there's an opening in the wall that leads down to the second floor (Strength is needed.).

THAT is where Gible can be found.

Ultimate Charizard
1st August 2007, 03:48 PM
Ah i see. So untill i get strength im wasting my time.

Whats in the egg btw? From the contest city? I know Riolu is in the Iron mountain egg but wasnt expecting this one.

Dark Sage
1st August 2007, 03:59 PM
The egg contains a Happiny.

Unlike previous games, getting a Chansey is easy in this one.

EDIT: Check that. In order for Happiny to evolve into Chansey, you have to know how to do it. Let it hold the Oval Stone, and level it up during the day. If you do that, it will evolve as early as Lv. 2. But it can't evolve otherwise.

Ultimate Charizard
1st August 2007, 04:02 PM
And heres me thinking it might be something good.
Not one of my first choices but i guess i might give it a chance.
Never been fond of happiness evo's.

And why are Eevee's so hard to get? Trophy Garden? Ive met Bebe in Hearholme but she didnt mention an Eevee lol

Dark Sage
1st August 2007, 04:04 PM
Check my edited post.

It doesn't evolve based on happiness.

Ultimate Charizard
1st August 2007, 04:09 PM
Oval stone? Hmm havent found that yet either lol.

Dark Sage
1st August 2007, 04:12 PM
You'll find it in the Lost Tower. I believe you get Strength there too.

By the way, as far as Eevee are concerned, Bebe will give you one if you visit her after you get the National Dex. See, most of the Pokemon from previous games are not obtainable until you get the National Dex.

Ultimate Charizard
1st August 2007, 04:21 PM
Aw. I wanted a Leafeon too.

Most of the old Pokemon arent available? Im gettin sick of Ponyta, Psyduck, Machop, Geodude and especially feckin Zubats. Feels like im playing Fire-Red or something lol.

Mega Horny
1st August 2007, 04:56 PM
Yeah, seriously, I wasted 4.5 hours searching for a Gible that way.

But I don't see how one can get tired of Psyduck.

Ultimate Charizard
1st August 2007, 05:25 PM
Well ive gone into this with no Knowledge other than ASB knowledge (ie atacks) so what appears where is a complete mystery.
My Starter choice was Chimchar because going by the old Games Fire types were really hard to come across though faced with nothing but Magikarp from fishing piplup was a close second. Now i have Psyduck im pretty happy (always wanted an excuse to use one and if i dont train it from early then i wont swap out an existing water type for it) though some other members of my team are a little harder to find.
Im currently only running round with Monferno, Psyduck and Luxio. Got an Aipom as a HM slave but im looking to add Gible and Riolu to that team at some point and i was hoping for a Leafeon but i guess that needs a rethink now.

rinku
1st August 2007, 07:07 PM
Yeah. There are a bunch of new pokémon that are evos of previous ones that are *not* in the Sinnoh dex of 150, and aren't available in-game before obtaining the national dex. However, it IS possible to trade them in. If you want a Leafeon, you can find someone with an Eevee (or a Leafeon...) and do a Wi-Fi trade.

Note that the blind trade network won't help you here since you have to have seen a pokémon to search for it. But getting someone's freind code and linking up via the bottom floor of the pokémon centre should work.

Ultimate Charizard
1st August 2007, 07:25 PM
Yeah but first i need to get a WiFi usb link and then find someone willing to let go of an eevee.

Jeff
1st August 2007, 08:25 PM
Parting with an Eevee is not as hard as you think, at least for those of us who have a Ditto.:D

rinku
1st August 2007, 08:56 PM
You can use many public Wi-Fi hotspots. Nintendo has deals with MacDonalds and Starbucks - I have used both to trade over when I'm away from my wireless router at home. Check the Nintendo Wi-Fi website for details on public hotspots in your area.

Ultimate Charizard
1st August 2007, 10:16 PM
Hmmm....one more question.
Who do i go see to get a pokemon to unlearn a HM?

RattataGuy
1st August 2007, 10:56 PM
The Move Deleter is in Canalave City, in the house directly north of the PokeMart there.

A PokemonMaster
5th August 2007, 10:20 PM
can someone tell me how to get a Hippopatas? I looked it up in my Pokedex and im lookin where they are said to be found, but I can't find them. So can someone tell me where to find one?

A PokemonMaster
5th August 2007, 10:22 PM
Can someone tell me where to find a Hippopatas? Im lookin where they are said to be found, but I can't find any of them.

RattataGuy
6th August 2007, 12:20 AM
You know where the Ruin Maniac is trying to dig a path to the Solaceon Ruins? Well for every 5 or 6 different Unown you capture, the tunnel grows a bit longer. (Incidentally, catch all 26 and the tunnel connects to the place in the ruins where you can catch ? and ! Unown.)

You can catch a hippo in the tunnel the guy is digging. The appearance rate grows somewhat depending on how far the tunnel is to being complete.

When it's the initial Ruin Maniac Cave hippos have only a 5% chance of showing up. After you start expanding the Cave, the rate goes to 10%. When the area becomes the Ruin Maniac Tunnel, hippos have a 20% appearance rate.