PDA

View Full Version : Nature Power/Secret Power

Chris 2.1
2nd August 2007, 04:43 PM
Ok so what's the difference between these attacks? Nature Power becomes a specific attack (ie Razor Leaf, Stun Spore, Crunch, Rock Slide, Surf, Swift) depending on the location. But doesn't secret power do the same!?

Phoenixsong
2nd August 2007, 04:53 PM
The difference is, Nature Power physically becomes a different attack, thus allowing your Tropius or whatever to use anything from Razor Leaf to Swift to Hydro Pump. Nature Power is technically not an attack in and of itself. Secret Power, on the other hand, is its own attack. It will always be Normal-type, physical and base-70 power. It simply changes its appearance and its effect.

Hence why Nature Power reads "TROPIUS used NATURE POWER! NATURE POWER turned into HYDRO PUMP! TROPIUS used HYDRO PUMP!" as opposed to "TROPIUS used SECRET POWER!" followed by the animation of a wave.

Chris 2.1
2nd August 2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks Phee that was greatly appreciated :)

Perfect Chaos
2nd August 2007, 05:55 PM
Damn, Phoenix beat me to it :sweat: Well yeah, what Phoenix said basically. For Secret Power, the field you're battling in will determine the status effect you get.

I think when you're in the regular grass, you'll get Paralysis

For caverns, Flinching

I'm not sure about this, but I believe you'll put the opponent to sleep in Tall Grass

I guess in water, you confuse the opponent (don't know)

Anyone know about poison and confusion?

Phoenixsong
2nd August 2007, 06:13 PM
...My name is Phee now? o.O

Anyway, for future reference...

Nature Power's effects:

Grass: Stun Spore
Tall grass: Razor Leaf
Sand: Earthquake
Cave: Shadow Ball
Mountains: Rock Slide
Shallow water: Bubblebeam
Deep water: Surf
Underwater: Hydro Pump
Anywhere else: Swift

Aaaaand Secret Power's effects:

Grass: Poison
Tall grass: Sleep
Sand: decreased Accuracy
Cave: Flinch
Mountains: Confusion
Shallow water: decreased Speed
Deep water: decreased Attack
Underwater: decreased Defense
Anywhere else: Paralysis

All Secret Power effects have a 30% chance of occurring.

And as a side note, since those types of terrain don't exist in the 3D games, they've got their own lists; unfortunately, I'd have to go find those in my books and type them myself, and I'm too lazy to do anything other than c/p right now. I know that Nature Power is Hydro Pump in Phenac Stadium, though. Saved my ass once, that did.

I luffs Veekun, I does. :)