PDA

View Full Version : GAME: *~ ARGUE ~* (TML Approved)

Bulbasaur4
3rd August 2007, 12:36 AM
ARGUE

ARGUE: The game where you argue to prove a point, shut down the opponent and move on!

The object of this game is to make a convincing argument that causes other members to chose your argument over your opponent's. You are not trying to make others vote for you because they agree with you, but rather just simply make the best argument. While someone may not agree with your standpoint, they can vote for you because they thought your arguement was better.

The format of the game will be as follows:

I will allow a few days for the game to be open for limited sign-ups. When sign-ups close, no one else is allowed to argue in the game but members outside of the game may VOTE for others in the game.

I then will place each participant against another, and they will be given a statement to argue over and will be ASSIGNED their position on the argument.
Example:
Chocolate pretzels are better than yogurt covered pretzels.
Jimmy must agree for the statement, agreeing with it. Casey must argue against the statement.

Then Jimmy and Casey must post their arguement within three days of it being posted. They must make their point for their arguement in 150 words or less. Going over this will immediately cause you to lose the argument. They also cannot openly attack their opponents post.

Once all sides have been posted, the "rebuttal" stage begins. This is where both opponents are given only a DAY to post in 150 words or less, attacking the opponent's view point.

Then the voting stage begins. All members of the forum and all of the participants are allowed to vote for the person they think made the best arguement. They can vote in all except their own arguement. This will last for two days or so. Then the losers of each arguement will be announced and they are 'defeated' and out of the participant part of the game. They still may vote.

This continues until there is only one member left, who will be crowned the "Best Arguer" XD A few twists may be thrown in, such as they must only use certain words or they must cleverly tie in a certain phrase... and this will be announced in the first phase.

Examples of this are:
Both must use the phrase, "But you see, Monkey's prove..."
Both must compliment their opponent's view

etc...

Keep in mind there are three stages: Initial Arguement statements, Rebuttal and then Voting. ^_^ These will be harmless arguements over little things, so no flaming will start. IF there is any flaming, you automatically are booted from the game.

RULES
1.) All arguements must be 150 words or less.
2.) Keep everything clean, this is for fun.
3.) I will post deadlines and start all the phases.
4.) I reserve the right to judge any tie or complaint.
5.) HAVE FUN
6.) These rules may be edited as time goes on. ^_^

Alright! SIGN UP TIME
I'll keep sign-ups open for a few days, and then we will begin! ^_^ Check back often!

The Participants

Magmar
Toxicity
classy_cat18
mr_pikachu
crazy elf boy
McNinja
Wergoheb

Magmar
3rd August 2007, 01:21 AM
I'm down! I loooove to argue =)

Oh as for chocolate vs. yogurt on pretzels, I'm allergic to both, haha. Juuust saying. XD

Toxicity
3rd August 2007, 01:26 AM
I'll take a spot in this, if I may. Arguing is fun.

classy_cat18
3rd August 2007, 01:31 AM
Why not? I do this all the time with my brother.

mr_pikachu
3rd August 2007, 01:39 AM
Sounds like fun. Or a gigantic amount of aggravation. Either way, let's hit it!

Out of curiosity, will all arguments be bipolar (that is, two sides)? Or will some have more viewpoints, like a seven-way debate about the best color of the rainbow?

Blademaster
3rd August 2007, 02:09 AM
I'll sign up just for the f**k of it.

Crazy Elf Boy
3rd August 2007, 06:01 AM
Me too, I looooooove to argue

Bulbasaur4
3rd August 2007, 07:51 PM
Updated. To answer your question mr_pikachu, there will be creative ways. It will usually be two different view points, but depending on the amount of people who sign up we could have different types of rounds as well.

Dr.McNinja
3rd August 2007, 09:08 PM
I'm definetely in.

Wergoheb
4th August 2007, 03:43 AM
arguing? On the internet? Who am I NOT to want to argue? woo.

Bulbasaur4
6th August 2007, 01:20 PM
alright, edited! I'd like to start this in a few days... but we need at least a few more people before we start. (Or I'd let to get a few more people... O.o;;)

darktyranitar
18th August 2007, 10:28 AM
Is the game still on? Cause if it does, I'd be interested to join in.