PDA

View Full Version : Help with choosing pokemon for Pearl

Zallarion
6th August 2007, 10:08 AM
finally.. i got pearl..

i started playing with with piplup (now in it's second form)
i caught a shinx(als in it's second form..)
i caught a geodude for rock smash, HM poke.. don't use him in my team..

So i got 4 empty spaces in my team.. i'm at the point that i just beat' galactic commander 1..

so please help me=D

N2KOT

Poryhedron
6th August 2007, 10:17 AM
How many HMers are you comfortable with having at once? I typically go with two...I ask because Psyduck can be found in the deeper parts of Oreburgh Gate without the need to fish or Surf, and Psyduck are compatible with a surprising range of HMs and other out-of-battle TMs.

Zallarion
6th August 2007, 10:19 AM
2 i guess.. but i don't want more then one unless i need more..

Any other suggestions?

PNT510
6th August 2007, 03:36 PM
Bidoof is a good HM slave. It can learn everything but fly and defog I think.

Zallarion
7th August 2007, 08:02 AM
Okay.. and i was thinking(with a little help from porhyredon) about a drifloon?

Toxicity
9th August 2007, 10:15 AM
Bidoof and Drifloon are probably the best picks if you only need two HM Slaves and not sacrifice move slots on your main team, although it's best you evolve both to be able to learn all of the HM moves.

Bibarel can learn all but Fly and Defog, and Drifblim can learn both of those, as well as Cut. Best bet is to teach Drifblim all three it can learn, and then teach Bibarel Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, and Surf or Waterfall.

It doesn't really matter which water move you teach Bibarel, but it's best that you teach the other to Prinplup, to also get the infamous STAB (same type attack boost) in battle. Waterfall is for more physical-based offense, while Surf is special-based, so you might want to consider your Prinplup's nature and characteristic before making up your mind.

Hope that helps. Also, sorry if I confused you any.

Zallarion
10th August 2007, 09:44 AM
Not confused.. really happy for the help, but i don't want to use drifblim as a hm-slave it's quite powerfull and i want to use the three stockpile moves.. or do they su.. bite?

Mewfour
10th August 2007, 01:00 PM
I use a Golduck or Azumarill as my HM slaves, as they can learn pretty much any HM outside of Cut and Defog.

Blademaster
10th August 2007, 02:09 PM
I use a Golduck or Azumarill as my HM slaves, as they can learn pretty much any HM outside of Cut and Defog.

ZOMFG!!! Azumarill N Golduck R t3h FLYz0rs!!!1!!1111!11! :o

Toxicity
10th August 2007, 03:43 PM

So what do you do when you're in a foggy place and need to go somewhere distant fast?

*sigh* If only Tropius was available before the National Dex was obtained.

DarkestLight
10th August 2007, 04:43 PM
So what do you do when you're in a foggy place and need to go somewhere distant fast?

*sigh* If only Tropius was available before the National Dex was obtained.

You whip out yer Staravia and go

STARAVIA! CUT THE FOG WITH YOUR S-CURL OF AWESOMENESS!

Zallarion
11th August 2007, 06:09 AM
Starly it is..

Aggron Beta
25th August 2007, 04:19 PM
I would use a Starly and Bibarel as HM slaves, as I always use a Water Type knowing Surf in my team.

You don't need Cut much, so delete it if you need to, but teach it to Bidoof/Bibarel at the beginning.