PDA

View Full Version : Help with SSBM

AdventureSerum
6th August 2007, 01:37 PM
Can anyone give me advice on beating Crazy Hand? I tried ALL DAY yesterday and couldn't do it. I'm best with Zelda and Pikachu, so I mainly use them. I'd appreciate any helpful hints.

Pokémaniac Scott
6th August 2007, 03:43 PM
Well what mode and stuff are you doing? I only beat him on normal mode with Ness, and only with him because he's my best character.

Phoenixsong
6th August 2007, 04:24 PM
If you're not already doing so (i.e., if you're trying to beat him in Classic), I'd suggest using Event Match 50 to practice.

The best way to go about it is to use a character you're comfortable with, can recover from falls easily with, and that has a hard-hitting (12% damage or more on average) attack you can pull off repeatedly with little difficulty; I see you're using Pikachu, and he's one of the characters I normally work with for that event. With Pikachu, you basically dodge around all of the attacks you can and spam Thunder whenever a hand is stationary. Marth and Roy's upward stab is also fairly useful, but just go with whoever you feel like using. Focus all of your attention on one hand at a time (you should probably attack Crazy Hand first), but if an opportunity to hit the other comes up, take it.

Basically, keep practicing on the event match until you're comfortable; then try beating him on Classic.

That's the best advice I can offer, really.

AdventureSerum
6th August 2007, 04:37 PM
Ah, thank you! By the way, how do I open the last 20 Event matches?

Crazy Elf Boy
6th August 2007, 05:51 PM
Also with the crazy hand 2 characters that help are Falco/Fox with there firebird and firefox attacks. The other one is Yoshi, with his annoyingly high jump distance combined with his Down + B attack and Up + B attack, the master hand is a cakewalk

Phoenixsong
6th August 2007, 06:19 PM
For the most part, just beat the thirty you have. Beating a certain set of events unlocks the next set.

Jeff
6th August 2007, 08:38 PM
In some cases you have to unlock certain characters, don't forget that. I've found that Yoshi's down+A move works well to pile on the damage pretty quick, and the other things that have been mentioned about Yoshi help too.

AdventureSerum
7th August 2007, 05:16 PM
I beat all thirty, but no new ones showed up! What gives!

Chris 2.1
7th August 2007, 05:37 PM
I find Bowser good; his up + b is good for dealing rapid consecuive damage and whittles way master hand quite quick; I always die against Crazy though --; His down + b is also good for dealing damage to them and a leaping koopa klaw can work.

So when you get MH to 150% CH shows up right? So is it best to finish off Master or take on Crazy straight away?

Jeff
7th August 2007, 05:47 PM
Absolutely, going against one hand is easier than taking on both at once, so finish off Master Hand before working on Crazy Hand.

And AdventureSerum, like I said in my last post you need to have certain characters unlocked to unlock some event matches. Who have you unlocked so far?

AdventureSerum
8th August 2007, 08:30 PM
I've unlocked Luigi, Dr. Mario, Roy, Marth, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, and Young Link. Which ones do I need for this, and how do I get them?

Jeff
8th August 2007, 10:22 PM
I think the only one you're missing is Falco. To unlock him clear 100-Man Melee.

Edit: after some quick Googling, I found a list of how to unlock everything (http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/supersmashbrosmelee/hints.html). To get all the event matches you'll have to have all the characters unlocked.

AdventureSerum
9th August 2007, 01:05 PM
100 man melee. Great. Any good tips? So far at my best I've only managed to get about 70 KOs.

Blademaster
9th August 2007, 01:12 PM
DK's B+down attack.

Andrew
10th August 2007, 12:28 AM
For the hands, I used Shiek's superquick UpA normal and spammed them to death. It deals like 10 damage, but, it's a low risk move and leaves you plenty of escape time.