PDA

View Full Version : finding discolored pokemon [shinies]

jacobmillerxx7
9th August 2007, 09:06 PM
use the pokeradar ALOT and eventually u will find a patch of grass that is sparkeling go overtop of tht grass and tada! a shiney appears.
if your looking for a certain shiney species then go to the grass patch where you would find them regularly.(rarely works but i got a shiney shellos that way)

(this trick may take a VERY VERY long time so dont get mad if it doesnt work)

Blademaster
9th August 2007, 09:14 PM
That's actually a well-known fact, jay, but thanks for taking the time to tell us anyway. ^^;

And to all you who post after this and wanna be rude to this guy for stating th obvious, lemme just say

BACK OFF

AdventureSerum
10th August 2007, 09:22 AM
You know, come to think of it, I remember waaaay back in Generation II we used to call them sparkle Pokemon, not shiny Pokemon. Why the change?

Zallarion
11th August 2007, 08:00 AM
No offense.. but i think most hetero-sexual people don't use the word sparkle..

People are going to hate me sooo bad for this..

Magi of all
11th August 2007, 08:08 AM
No offense.. but i think most hetero-sexual people don't use the word sparkle..

People are going to hate me sooo bad for this..

Any particular basis for this fact? Cause I know several stright people who use the word sparkle. A lot.

mr_pikachu
11th August 2007, 02:59 PM
Yeah, let's not turn this into a discussion about sexual preference. Thanks. :sweat:

We never called them sparkle Pokemon in my area, actually. It may have something to do with what guides were available in different regions; I would suspect that some probably used a different term to describe this anomaly. So for the second gen, there were probably many different terms. By the time RSE rolled around, though, they were probably standardized into one term ("shiny," not "sparkle," "flashy," "bright," etc.) due to marketing needs and as the result of online discussions.

Of course, I could very well be wrong, especially if AdventureSerum lives in the good ol' USA. But it's as good of a guess as any, methinks.

P.S. I pray that nobody ever caught a flashy Pokemon. Seriously. I made those up; if they were actually real, I'm going to have to hurt someone. ^_^;

DarkestLight
11th August 2007, 04:06 PM
>> Up in Harlem, we used Sparkly as well as Blinging Pokemon. Sparkly's from the hood, dun get merc' cuz of it ¬¬

Jokes. No merc'in allowed, but yeah,its not a sexual preference thing, moreso regional and informational.

Andrew
12th August 2007, 01:51 AM
If there's another off topic post, I am closing this topic. Thank you.

AdventureSerum
12th August 2007, 12:01 PM
I do live in America, by the way.