PDA

View Full Version : Zelda 64 fans, who is the better villian?

pokefreak04
8th April 2003, 10:09 PM
Who do you think the better villian is? Majora's Mask or Ganondorf? I picked Ganondorf for these reasons:
1. He wants to rule the world, not destroy it
2. He actually gets ahold of the Triforce
3. You have to be an adult to beat him<you can beat MM as a kid without the Fierce Deity's Mask>
4. He's actually a little bit of a challenge to beat<if you have the Fierce Deity's Mask, Majora's Mask is NOTHING>
5. He's just plain bad@$$

If you mods feel this topic should be somewhere other than here, then move it.

Pokemaster BW
8th April 2003, 10:28 PM
1. the mask possesed people.

2. it was harder to beat than gannon and gannondorf. (without anything special, like the fierce diety's mask.)

3. the reincarnation, was psycho... it was funny shat. ;)

RaZoR LeAf
9th April 2003, 06:08 AM
* You knew exactly how exactly how to beat G'Dorf because he showed himself, by sending his phantom to play tennis with you. Majora took nothing from previous bosses.

* G'Dorf had two stages, Majora had three.

* It took seven years for G'Dorf to ruin Hyrule, it took three days for Majora too crash the Moon onto the world.

* G'Dorf had to pretend to be good in order to get close to Zelda, Majora just went straight in there and got all crazy evil

* Majora looked cooler (IMO)

Little_Pikachu
9th April 2003, 07:25 AM
You know that forum called Video Games, yeah, that one which is meant for the discussion of all video games...

And that one called Polls, Clubs and Games, the one that you're supposed to run polls in?

Obviously not.

Light_Togetic
9th April 2003, 11:52 AM
I like Ganondorf better. I just thought that Majora's Mask was lame... Zelda stories need to have something to do with Ganon, and Majora's Mask was just kinda boring to me. To me, I thought that three stages was one too many, and I just wanted the stupid thing to die already! Ah well, besides, Ganon is just cooler than the mask.

Ghost
9th April 2003, 01:01 PM
Gannondorf is better. Period. Even if he did turn into a fat pig.

Razola
10th April 2003, 06:21 PM
Ganon is the man.

For one, he is alway coming back. That sissy mask never came back after getting owned by severe Linkage.

Ganon has the power of the Triforce. The Mask has the power of some dopey SkullKid.

Ganon is a big pig, but Majora basically becomes the product of drug use at the end.

It's mask. And a stupid looking one at that.

Ganon's a pimp. He lived in village where he was the only male, and what does he do? Goes out to get Zelda. Ladies man.

It takes sages to help beat Ganon. Link's biggest supporter in Termina is the happy mask weirdo.

Ganondorf sounds funny.

stickachu
10th April 2003, 11:56 PM
Yeah, you just can't beat Ganon. He never stays defeated / dead / trapped. He'll always come back! Majora's Mask? Whatever happened to it? Oh yeah, it became a level on Smash Bros. So did Goomba. So Majora's Mask is as good a bad guy as a Goomba.

And Ganondorf looks a LOT like Ed O'Neill (Al Bundy)

Slowking Man
11th April 2003, 09:29 PM
Ganon/Ganondorf es tu padre. Err, wait, is "Ganon/Ganondorf" really two people? Whatever... Majora's Mask was a freaky, cursed mask with severe psychological problems. And, of all creatures, he takes over a Skull Kid as his evil puppet! Couldn't it at least have taken over someone a little bigger and smarter? On the other hand, Ganon is a big, hulking guy/thing with a giant sword, armies of evil legions, a piece of the Triforce...heck, he's even got his own dimension! How is there even a contest?!

Azure Pathos-Sketchit
13th April 2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Slowking Man
Whatever... Majora's Mask was a freaky, cursed mask with severe psychological problems. And, of all creatures, he takes over a Skull Kid as his evil puppet!

You said it. When you look at it from the manga (http://www.bsu.edu/web/agscherer/majora.htm) point of view, Majora's Mask really was rather childlike and viewed the world and the people that lived in it as his toys.

Playful but destructive attitude + great power = something freakingly scaaaaaary O.O

Ganondorf is just your cliché "I wanna rule the world" villain, but he was still kickass. But I still prefer Majora.

Razola
14th April 2003, 04:32 PM
Gannon and Ganndorf are one and the same. When he is all big bad and pig-like he is "Ganon." When he is his normal demi-human self he is "Ganondorf."

Kind of like Anakin and Darth Vader, only Ganon(dorf) hasn't been in any bad movies.

Dratini Fan DPT
15th April 2003, 04:58 PM
I chose Ganondorf. Why? Because:

1. Ganondorf has several dark magic powers. Majora's Mask only has a few.

2. Ganondorf was a worthy Zelda villian to be playable in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Majora's Mask was just a trophy.

3. Ganondorf is cooler (even though I don't like either one).

4. If Ganondorf got his hands on Majora's Mask, he could use his strength to break it in half. Or transform into Ganon and stomp it into gravel...

So, Ganondorf is my choice

red13n
15th April 2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Pokemaster BW
1. the mask possesed people.

2. it was harder to beat than gannon and gannondorf. (without anything special, like the fierce diety's mask.)

3. the reincarnation, was psycho... it was funny shat. ;) Bah, that mask was not more difficult than Ganon in OoT. That mask was easy. I beat it on my first try, no fairies. Ganon on the other hands has been in so many games that he is actually a villain, rather than just some side quest of a game. So umm...Ganon all the way.

Razola
16th April 2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Dratini Fan DPT
Ganondorf was a worthy Zelda villian to be playable in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Majora's Mask was just a trophy.

Don't forget, Gannondorf was not only a character but MULTIPLE trophies. That stupid mask was just one trophy.

Arnen
20th April 2003, 08:30 AM
I picked Ganondorf for a whole lot of stupid reasons and a few good ones :D

1) He's a Geruuudo (I'm obsessed :P)

2) Majora's Incarnation is a friggen ballet-dancing chicken!

3) He has a cool pooony XD

4) Majora's Mask is NOTHING to beat, even w/out the FD mask!

5) Ganondorf is just... More evil than a demonic chunk of wood (Majora)

Salvester2
20th April 2003, 08:29 PM
Gannon. He kicks Arse. An actually evil villian. unlike alot of villians in Video games. He has a very complex histroy *relativly* and in Windwaker if it was in not in "paper mode" (which, turned out a million fold better than I thought it would be), Gannon would have looked super-badass when he, Tetra and Link first meet.

Gannon also take my bet for coolest Video Game Character overall.

*just cuz I kill all in SSBM with him*

pokefreak04
28th April 2003, 08:31 PM
OMG I just finished playing Wind Waker.....

Spoilers...................

GANONDORF DIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Now what will happen to the game? Will they somehow revive him? Will they do a cel-shaded version of Majora's Mask?<Good game, but dear God, PLEASE dont cel shade it!> Who knows?

End Spoilers