PDA

View Full Version : Lapras Valley High Lounge

Drusilla
22nd August 2007, 06:26 PM
OK, staff lists for those curious:
Jeremy Stevens, Headmaster (Older, balding)
Martha Banks, Dean of Solaria (Small blonde woman)
Fredrick Schoeder, Dean of Aquaria (Tall, young, with brown hair)
Tiffany Straights, Dean of Flaria (Pleasant, round, raven-haired woman)
Paul Darrens, Dean of Joltaria (Thin, average-looking blonde man, currently standing at the main gate)

Amy Hall, Language teacher (No physical description yet)
Jennie King, Mathematics teacher (No physical description yet)
Lawrence Herring, Geography and Modern History teacher (No physical description yet)
Sarah Key, League History and Government teacher (No physical description yet)
Kara Lee, Introduction to Science and Ecology teacher (No physical description yet)
John Roberts, Biology and Applied Sciences teacher (No physical description yet)

Non-dean teacher descriptions are up to whomever writes them first in their posts...

Unless noted, all classes meet in the main building. When a Strategies class is in session, the arena is off limits.
Schedules:

Freshmen- (Ellen Thompson, Saiga Aliester)
MWF: 8 AM Defensive Battle Strategies, Martha Banks
10 AM Official Battle Strategies, Paul Darrens
2 PM Offensive Battle Strategies, Tiffany Straights
4 PM Wild Battle Strategies, Fredrick Schroeder
TT: 8 AM Language, Amy Hall
10 AM Mathematics, Jennie King
1 PM Geography, Lawrence Herring
3 PM Intro to Science, Kara Lee

Sophomores- (Dru Pyronson, Joey Ip, Ryan Craig, Alexander Angel, Jimmy Skulls)
MWF: 8 AM Defensive Battle Strategies, Martha Banks
2 PM Offensive Battle Strategies, Tiffany Straights
TT: 8 AM Language, Amy Hall
10 AM Mathematics, Jennie King
1 PM League History, Sarah Key
3 PM Biology, John Roberts

Juniors- (Eric Foley, Tad Jonas, Lumaria Tasmern, Lyzolda Kuro)
MWF: 8 AM Advanced Battle Strategies, Paul Darrens
TT: 8 AM Mathematics, Jennie King
10 AM Language, Amy Hall
1 PM Ecology, Kara Lee
3 PM Modern History, Lawrence Herring

Seniors- (Ivan Faust)
MWF: 10 AM Official Battle Strategies, Paul Darrens
2 PM Advanced Battle Strategies, Fredrick Schroeder
8 PM Independent Study, Tower Dean (For Ivan, Tiffany Straights)
TT: 8 AM Mathematics, Jennie King
10 AM Language, Amy Hall
1 PM Applied Science, John Roberts
3 PM Government, Sarah Key

As previously noted, most classes will be held in the main building. However, Strategies classes are often split with the first hour or so in the classroom, and the second at the arena, or in certain circumstances, on the beach or in the forest. Classes are an hour and a half, at most, in length. The fewer students in the class, the shorter the duration most of the time, and it's rare for any class to constantly take the full alloted time.

Tuesday, 7-9:30 PM, Intramural Practices, Volleyball
Thursday, 7-9:30 PM, Intramural Practices, Basketball

Grounds Map (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/wednesdaygirl13/RPG_characters/LaprasValleyHighMap.jpg)

The Towers:
Each is comprised of four floors, the first being a common area including kitchen and laundry room. The second floor is made up of the girls’ rooms, and the same for boys on the third. The fourth floor is another common area with pool table, couches, a TV, and coffee tables. Each tower is decorated in its own colors; red and light grey for Flaria, blue and sea green for Aquaria, deep green and light brown for Solaria, and yellow and white for Joltaria.

Flaria
Ivan Faust, Male, 18, Senior; Spiritomb
Joey Ip, Female, 15, Sophomore; Charmeleon
Dru Pyronson, Female, 15, Sophomore; Flareon

Aquaria
Eric Foley, Male, 16, Junior; Wartortle
Tad Jonas, Male, 16, Junior; Golduck
Ellen Thompson, Female, 14, Freshman; Eevee

Solaria
Lumaria Tasmern, Male, 17, Junior; Carnivine
Ryan Craig, Male, 15, Sophomore; Nidorino
Jimmy Skulls, Male, 16, Sophomore; Cubone

Joltaria
Lyzolda Kuro, Female, 15, Junior; Riolu
Alexander Angel, Male, 15, Sophomore; Buneary
Saiga Aliester, Female/"Male", 14, Freshman; Ditto

Rules and Regulations (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=682&d=1187756742)

Magi of all
22nd August 2007, 10:41 PM
I take it each class is roughly 2 hours long, with about an hour break for lunch?

Drusilla
22nd August 2007, 11:48 PM
Yeah, pretty much. Juniors and Seniors have fewer classes, but a heavier workload.

Oh, and I forgot something... Blade (since Ivan is the only senior), please recheck the schedule. There's something else that's needed there.

Magmar
23rd August 2007, 01:32 PM
Does the school have intramural sports? Oh, Ellen (which is indeed a Gob song haha) is so excited about the volleyball court and basketball court.

I'm assuming breakfast hour is 7-8 AM, lunch is 12-1 PM, and dinner falls around 5 or 6 PM.

Another question: are these classes where the same professor is at the same time, are they taught with both classes together? I'm assuming they are. :)

Drusilla
23rd August 2007, 02:14 PM
Yeah, same prof at the same time is a big class... it's not the whole school, it just so happens that everyone in the RPG has that class... Imagine that... <_<;;

As for meals, you are correct. I hadn't gotten that far, but it worked out that way...

As for intramurals, I'm sure that they'll fall into place. :D

Magmar
23rd August 2007, 02:53 PM
So are there other sections of the class, like other freshmen have Offensive Battle Strategies at a different time than my character does? Just clarifying ^_^; being the only character in a class is going to be a bit of a challenge ^_^;;

I also figured that, since my character's the only one that expressed any interest in any sports, I'd throw out a recommendation for practice times. How does Tuesday 7-9:30 PM for volleyball and Thursday 7-9:30 PM for basketball sound?

Drusilla
23rd August 2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah, other freshman might have Defensive while you're in Offensive, for example.

Both intramural times sound great. Dru will be there for both, probably. I'll post it under the class schedules.

EDIT: I will leave out tennis for now, unless anyone wants to pursue that.

Magmar
23rd August 2007, 03:05 PM
Yay! I made Ellen a cute little schedule ^_^ here it is ^_^ (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/shadowsandrock/smellen.jpg?t=1187899538) Ellen just likes to swim, that's why that's there. Otherwise it's just colorful and pretty.

Yay, glad this is all cleared up! :)

Magi of all
23rd August 2007, 03:41 PM
Since Magmar mentioned sports, is there a swim team at the school? Ryan would be very interested in that. After all, water makes fat people look thinner. (I know from experience)

Drusilla
23rd August 2007, 06:45 PM
Hmm... I'm sure that something can be arranged. I currently have strictly swim times marked down for 6 AM - 7:30 AM every morning, and that could be practice times, with 'meets' on the weekend. I'll probably keep it strictly intramural, though, like the other sports.

Magi of all
23rd August 2007, 07:41 PM
Oh, another question, co we all have room ates? I remember someone mentioned a roommate, but some people described rooms as singles. Is it our choice or what?

Drusilla
23rd August 2007, 07:59 PM
I suppose... the rooms are large enough to be doubles, but most are singles right now because the school isn't anywhere near full capacity. Keep in mind that, as the first year, it's a test run, with us as the guinea pigs. So, if you want to room with someone, that's fine, as long as it's not co-ed.

Magmar
25th August 2007, 10:28 AM
I have a question. Is there any sort of religion in this world? I gave one of my character's roommates a very Jewish name and, while I'd like to give no further mention other than that she celebrates Hanukkah (since I do and I think it's fun to write about), I wasn't sure if such holidays exist in this world ^_^;

Drusilla
25th August 2007, 05:21 PM
I guess so... I dunno, things like that are up to y'all. Dru's pagan, just for future reference.

Magmar
28th August 2007, 10:19 AM
I've been waiting for other characters to catch up, but is it safe for us to just move on at this point and start term?

Drusilla
29th August 2007, 03:23 PM
I'd appreciate people not getting too far ahead, but I'm going on and starting classes with the post I'm working on right now....

Crazy Elf Boy
30th August 2007, 03:28 AM
Yes I am not be able to post for a while but I am working on it, I got final exams in a week so I need to study.

Drusilla
30th August 2007, 12:32 PM
OK, go and STUDY. Don't fuck up in school like I did... You'll end up a college drop out without a job living at home and way into debt, spending your time on a Pokemon board...

<_<;;

Drusilla
31st August 2007, 03:08 PM
OK, boys and girls... I'd ask that your next posts finish up the first day in get into classes. Yes, I said that I don't want people getting too far ahead, but I'd like to see some forward movement. Just don't end up days ahead of everyone else, mmkay? I wanted some control over the flow of things on the first day for plot reasons, but interactions can start getting a bit more individualized for a while. Yes, I have something planned; no, you can't know what it is. :P

Some people haven't been able to post, like CEB. This is fine, but I'd like to hear from people so we don't end up sitting around on our hands doing nothing. If you could just post here, or PM me, I'd appreciate it.

Magmar
31st August 2007, 06:01 PM
if nobody posts in a few hours, i'll update my original post to have the first day of class begin. i've been waiting for breakfast for "ryan craig" but he's busy.

Magi of all
1st September 2007, 12:56 AM
My muse seems to have deserted me in all aspects of life not related to FLCL. My breakfast post should be up sometime tomorrow provided life doesn't hit me. The post would cover all of last night up to breakfast this morning and meybe some class. Depends on what posted before me.

just FYI, Blademaster, if you read this, I'm still working on SPM:DP, just very, slowly, yeah slowly.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
1st September 2007, 09:42 AM
I'm getting a little snowed under by preparations for college-going right now; I'd use the standard "But I'm waiting for CEB!!" excuse but I realize I could just as easily put large blanks in my post to fit in with his, so I'll get to it once my mom gets off my back about packing and shopping, or once I'm done with the whole thing, whichever happens first.

Magmar
1st September 2007, 02:40 PM
My muse seems to have deserted me in all aspects of life not related to FLCL. My breakfast post should be up sometime tomorrow provided life doesn't hit me. The post would cover all of last night up to breakfast this morning and meybe some class. Depends on what posted before me.

just FYI, Blademaster, if you read this, I'm still working on SPM:DP, just very, slowly, yeah slowly.

Ah, well just so you know, I took a pit stop in Ellen's story to give you time to catch up and take the steering wheel for a bit. At this point, I'm set up for Ryan to walk over to the breakfast table, but that doesn't need to happen if you'd rather I just have Ellen go directly to class. Anyone else can use/abuse the other freshmen I invented to keep Ellen company, too, by the way ^_^;;

Magi of all
12th September 2007, 10:30 PM
OK people, the ammount of sorry I am for not posting is deserving of the perfix hyper. My computer was on the frits and all the work I had dome on this post (not much, but still) was destroyed. Followed by my mother commandearing the computer for work and my getting sick, this is the first time I've been online for a while. Sorry again, post will be up before Sunday.

Drusilla
13th September 2007, 04:43 AM
That's fine... I'm pretty busy these days, myself, having just gotten a job. I'm the only person working first shift these days, and I'm usually there for nine hours without breaks... So I'm tired as hell when I finally get home. ><

But, I'm going to wait to see who else posts, and then I may get one together myself on my next day off... whenever that's going to be.