PDA

View Full Version : Jesus Island (M) (Sign-ups, interest-gauging)

Hinoryu
27th August 2007, 01:05 AM
So, there's an RP I run on IRC. It's pretty funny and weird, despite an extremely serious premise. So I found myself wondering what would happen if I brought it to a different environment. So, here we have it.

(DISCLAIMER: This name was chosen from the Katamari Damacy song of the same name. No messiahs were blasphemed in the making of this RP.)

THE WORLD
A word of warning: This is not the happy bright show version of Pokemon. Kids do not get a Pokemon liscence at the age of ten. Instead, they may take a test at eighteen to become trainers.

Pokemon are more like wild animals. They understand speech, and can be domesticated by Pokeballs, but they will attack any human who they feel is threatening them. They also may not take kindly to a human coming up and throwing large balls at them, should they manage to escape or evade them.

Geographically, the world is mostly islands. Kanto/Johto is the largest single landmass in the world. Sinnoh is the most populated island to the north, while Hoenn is firmly in the southern tropical belt.

The world is fairly technologically advanced, even by Pokemon standards. It would likely most resemble the Electric Tale of Pikachu comics.

This game will take place on a single island in a new country, however. Called 'Kumoen', this country is a large chain of islands south of Sinnoh and east of Kanto. The country has no official government, has stayed out of all world affairs, and is completely self-sufficient, electing not to trade with the outside world. People would go to Kumoen to explore, and many would not return, and those who did simply said it was better to not talk about it.

Recently, in a shock to all, Kumoen announced it was opening a school for anyone who chose to attend. This was a trainer's school, students being allowed their own provisional liscence and the opprotunity to handle Pokemon. Kanto, Sinnoh, and Hoenn all had this same kind of school, but it was only open to the extremely wealthy, or genius kids, and then only natives of the country could attend. Kumoen's school is different: Free to attend for anyone. If you desired, you could simply show up in the office one day and enroll, or enroll over the Internet. This school quickly gained fame.

The school used an entire island, named Jesus Island. This island had a unique feature: Due to an electromagnetic anomaly in the atmosphere, it had just about every conceivable environment coexisting on the island at once, meaning most Pokemon could be found there.

THE SETTING
The school simply goes by the name of Jesus Island as well. It includes grades 7-12, and is seperated into four dorms by age and gender (Grades 7-9 male, grades 7-9 female, grades 10-12 male, grades 10-12 female).

Students have core classes, like math and science and whatever you believe the Pokemon world's native language to be. In addition, electives are about breeding, battling, or capturing Pokemon, or whatever else have you.

At any given moment of the day, there are no wild Pokemon out in the island, down to the tiniest Bug-types (Though normal animals and insects would still be around.) The Pokemon out are strictly controlled through a series of teleporters and tags, along with a rather impressive underground system of cages and sealed rooms, to move Pokemon around the island for students to capture or battle at appropriate times.

PLOT
So, since every RP needs one of these, here it is:

The entire island is secretly run by Team Rocket. Unbeknownst to all, they are recruiting students, sometimes through brainwashing or threats, sometimes by finding willing participants, to join their ranks. Team Rocket is building an army, and this time, they're doing this 'take over the world' business right.

Now, some of you may be thinking 'Well, that's certainly a straightforward plot.' Those who thought that clearly don't know me well enough, as no one ever has it that easy when I make these plots. Sleeping under the island are Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. But with so many people suddenly above them, lots of minds of all kinds, they're starting to stir again. They aren't happy about it, either.

CHARACTERS
And now what you want to know, should you have made it through this entire tl;dr summary, and are insane enough to want to sign up. How to make a character sheet!

If you're signing up as a student, this is the character sheet you want to fill out:

Name:
Grade:
Starter Pokemon:
Appearance:
Personality:
Type Focus: (Note: A 'type focus' is more or less what the Gym Leaders of the games do: Focus on one type to train. This is optional to have on a character.)
History:
Misc. Notes:

To sign up as a staff member, you want this:

Name:
Job:
Main Pokemon:
Appearance:
Personality:
Type Focus:
History:
Team Rocket member: (Answer with a 'yes' or 'no', though non-TR staff should be far fewer than the actual TR staff.)
Misc. Notes:

If anyone has any questions, run them by me, and you'll have an answer!

And for my own sheets:

Name: Himono, Tatsuya and Hime
Grade: 10
Starter Pokemon: Tatsuya has Dratini, Hime Snorunt.
Appearance:
Tatsuya: He's kind of tall, with shoulder-length black hair, combed down to cover both his eyes, which are never visible. If you were to manage to get a really good look at them, you'd find they were a light, light blue, to the point you might wonder if he was blind (He's not). Also rather pale skin. For the most part, he wears plain baggy dark jeans and black hoodies, no matter the temperature. He is also rather thin-looking under the clothing.
Hime: Pure white hair, almost going down to her knees, and light blue eyes, though a few shades darker than her brother's. She also wears light blue T-shirts and skirts, no matter the weather.

Personality: Between the two of them, they're a boke and tsukkomi duo. Tatsuya is very easygoing and lighthearted, always having a joke or a quip ready for any situation. He also views rules as applying to other people, doing what he feels like despite any 'rules' stating he shouldn't. Meanwhile, Hime is a more serious person, responsible and rule-abiding... When her brother doesn't drag her along into his schemes anyway. She views it her duty to keep her brother in line, and really only succeeds in getting dragged out of line instead. But for the most part, she's very responsible and takes it upon herself to help others in any way possible.
Type Focus: Tatsuya focuses on fire and dragon-types, while Hime focuses on water and ice.
History: They're twins, born in Pallet Town, Kanto. Both were always fascinated with Pokemon, and this led several times to Tatsuya sneaking into Professor Oak's lab to look around, and Hime following to keep him from doing something too stupid. They finally stopped this after an unfortunate incident involving an angry Kangaskhan, but they still wanted to be trainers. They found out about the Jesus Island midway through ninth grade, and so when they started tenth, they did so at the island.
Misc. Notes: None

Name: Albireo
Job: School Librarian
Main Pokemon: Does not actually possess any Pokemon.
Appearance: An odd-looking man, with dark hair tied into a ponytail, and black eyes. He is of completely average height and build, but he always wears a strange, loose brown robe. He also has a strange air of creepiness.

Personality: Helpful and friendly. However, his air of creepiness, and the fact that he is [i]always[i] smiling leads many to distrust him. He always seems, and acts, like he knows more than the person he's talking to about everything, and he often does. It's unknown how much he truly knows of the machinations behind the island. He seems almost omniscient, though he may be bluffing. He's also fond of playing small jokes on people. However, he treats books with far more respect than people, and should you harm one of his books... Some people who have done so were never quite the same again.
Type Focus: None.
History: Completely unknown. He simply showed up on the island one day and requested a job as a librarian, seemingly knowing there was no one at that position already. He was granted it and immediately supplemented the library with his own sizeable supply of books. Where he comes from or what he has done in the past is an utter mystery.
Team Rocket member: In question. Some Rockets think he is, and some think he isn't. He's certainly not shedding any light on the matter.
Misc. Notes: He's functionally omniscient. Or rather, he acts as such. If you tell him something, no matter how secret, he will already know... or at least act as such. It's hard to say. (Why yes, I do enjoy mysterious characters too much.)

Anyway, sheets aside, I'll start this RP off if/once enough people join. So hurry up and sign up!

The cast list:
STAFF:
Librarian - Albireo (Hinoryu)
Battle Instructor -Dru Pyronson (Drusilla)
Math Instructor - Legato Hutch (Mystic Clown)

STUDENTS:
Himono, Hime (Hinoryu) (Grade 10)
Himono, Tatsuya (Hinoryu) (Grade 10)
Myle Coratheren (Macerator) (Grade 11)
Elwyn Loosestrife (Weasel Overlord) (Grade 12)
Yamazaki, Shun (Chiko-sai) (Grade 12)
Mortimer Ainsley (DragoKnight) (Grade 12)
Alec Wong (Shadow Djinn) (Grade 12)
Serena Ellesmere (Magmar) (Grade 8)
Thomas Bradley (darktyranitar) (Grade 10)

PEOPLE WITH RESERVED SPOTS

Weasel Overlord
27th August 2007, 10:29 AM
*bounces up and down excitedly* ME ME ME!! OOH PICK ME!! Sign-up will be completed sometime this week, depending on how much time I have, but I wanna reserve my spot now, just to show that someone is interested. :D

darktyranitar
27th August 2007, 11:21 AM
Oh, a Pokemon RPG! Reserve me a spot, please!

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
27th August 2007, 11:53 AM
I know I'm in another Pokemon school RP now, but...

Reserve me a spot please :D signup should be up in tandem with Ms. Overlord's. *cackles*

Magmar
27th August 2007, 12:43 PM
Reserve me a spot. :)

Drusilla
27th August 2007, 01:52 PM
Well, -I- am not reserving. I'm signing up.
This could be counted as a spoiler for my own RPG... but oh well.

Name: Dru Pyronson (Yes, the same!)
Job: Battle Instructor, school administration
Main Pokemon: Flareon, "Torch", female
Appearance: Standing at 5'10 with rich black hair, fair skin, and dark blue eyes, she's a mystery from first sight. She would have a pleasant face if she would just smile more, but usually her face is either blank or scowling. Her ears are pierced multiple times, three in each ear lobe and twice in the left cartilage. There are scars on her face that hint at her left eyebrow having been pierced a few times in the past, and her lower lip has a similar scar. She still has her tattoos, the only normally visible one being the blue and black Celtic knotwork around her right bicep. When she wears a tank top, others are often glimpsed on her back, but never for long enough that they can be identified. Her lower body, from just below her hips, is covered in serious scarring from the fires she was caught in when she was five.
Her wardrobe is predominantly black, dark blue, and purple. She seems to have nothing but plain shirts in these three colors and black jeans. Never is she seen wearing anything that leaves her legs exposed. Heavy black boots are always on her feet. Her piercings are all adorned with small, silver hoops, and several silver necklaces hang around her neck, the most noticeable being a western dragon and a cat with a pentacle.
Personality: Gone are her semi-happy teen years. Having spent time in prison, she's become hardened, cold, and unforgiving. Mistakes are unacceptable, and her students will learn that she isn't one to mess around with. Quick to anger, slow to forgive, and more than willing to hold a grudge, she's dangerous in and out of battle. Every once in a while, a faint glimmer of her old self shines through, though she takes her job so seriously it usually only happens in a one-on-one situation.
Type Focus: Fire; she also works with Ghost and Dark types.
History: When she was five years old, fire swept through the section of Cerulean City she and her family (her mother and brother) lived in. With the help of Torch, she survived with the scars that now haunt her, but her mother and brother were never found. At the time, it was said that the fire was so hot, it destroyed the bodies. When she was sixteen, she found that her twin brother survived with amnesia, and her mother had returned home to Johto and was now a gym leader there. Her father, whom she had never known, finally contacted her with the offer to join Team Rocket as an officer. She was torn, finally agreed, but was caught before the end of her sophomore year of high school and did time. She was released a year and a half later, but her old friends at school rejected her. She turned back to Team Rocket and they never heard from her again.
Team Rocket member: Very much yes. She's a "junior exec", if you will.
Misc. Notes: She still plays guitar, and every once in a while, the sound of a lone soloist floats out over the school in the middle of the night, not loud enough to wake anyone, but can be heard if you listen for it. Some say it's for a lost love, though most don't believe her capable of such a thing.

Hinoryu
27th August 2007, 06:59 PM
I should probably mention, people don't actually need to reserve spots. I don't have a limit on how many people can show up or play.

Mystic_clown
27th August 2007, 09:13 PM
Name: Legato Hutch
Job: Maths Teacher, head of the 10-12 girls dorm
Main Pokemon: A male Kadabra
Appearance: Standing at an opposing 6 feet with a lean, yet toned build (almost like a dancer), his skin is slightly pale, yet this seems to highlight his hair and eyes. His hair, a dark shade of blue, falls neatly down to his chin, lightly covering his right eye, his golden eyes look as if they can look right into a person’s soul. His face has a soft, gentleness to it, yet it seems only to add to his sinister aura.

As for clothing, he wears something along the elegant side of things. He wears a white undershirt with a black vest over it. He wears a pair of black pants, a pair of black, Italian shoes and white cotton gloves. Over this ensemble, he wears a white dress coat which is normally done up.
Personality: Eerily calm to the point where people believe him to be cold. He rarely shows any emotion, or, at least, any extreme emotion. He gives a small smile when something pleases him, and a frown when he’s irritated. That’s about it. He displays a great deal of intelligence and patience, willing to wait years for a plan to come to frutation. He can be quite blunt at time, but for the most part displays a deal of politeness, especially to women. He has a soft spot for young children (no, he’s not a pedo you freaks!)
Type Focus: Psychic
History: Legato grew up in Safron City, one of the few residence born with the ability of telepathy. As a result, he spent the majority of his time at the Safron City Gym, where he was around others like himself and was able to hone his psychic abilities. However, even among his fellow psychics, Legato kept to himself, only truly opening up to his pokemon. His connection with his pokemon made him a skilled battler, able to come up with strategies suited to his pokemon’s limitations and abilities. His battling skills caught the attention of a rocket scout, who sought him out for recruitment. He was 16 when he decided to join. During the next six years, Legato worked his way up the ranks before he finally became an executive of Team Rocket, and one of the most respected. At the school, he’s looked up to by the girls, but is a bit of a bane to the male students, especially if their intentions involves said girls.
Team Rocket member: hell yes.
Misc. Notes: He has some psychic skills, although the most he’s demonstrated is telepathy.

Outlaw JT
28th August 2007, 03:41 AM
I'm interested but I have to ask something before I consider signing up.

Is this a Team Rocket rpg? Or is there intended to be a balance of characters opposing each other (Rocket and anti-Rocket)? I've never had any interest in Team Rocket rpgs so I wanted to know before I make a decision about joining. Thanks.

Macerator
28th August 2007, 11:32 AM
Wow, a Pokemon RPG at last! Who knew they would be so rare on a Pokemon forum?

My signup:

Name:Myle Coratheren
Grade: 11
Starter Pokemon: Mudkip

Appearance: On the tall side, he stands at 190cm tall. He is quite skinny, only weighing 75 kg. His hair is a short dirty blonde that he wears slicked back. It reaches just above the collar of his shirt. He has very white, pale skin, and his dull grey eyes only add to his wispy appearance.
He wears square-framed wire glasses and very casual clothes. He prefers t-shirts in soft pastels, as they make his skin seem darker. For this reason, he avoids dark clothes. He usually wears pale blue jeans, or beige trousers that are slightly too big and cover his feet. He always wears a pair of brown hiking boots.

Personality: Bright and almost nauseatingly friendly. Naive and exuberant, he's the one that always gets people in trouble with his high energy and over-willingness for adventure. However, while he may act like a crack monkey with ADD, he's actually a very smart and studious teenager - he just frequently forgets to think things through.
He's very outgoing, but he gets embarrassed easily, and is thin-skinned when it comes to insults.

Type Focus: None, though he does prefers water types.

History: Originating from Pacifidlog Town (where he lived with his mother, father and younger brother), he has grown up around water Pokemon, and feels most comfortable around them. Likewise, he feels nervous around rock and ground types. After hearing about the new Academy opening in Kumoen, he pleaded with his parents to let him join. Finally they acquiesced and shipped him off to the island after his tenth year at school.

Misc. Notes: His name is pronounced Mile, not Me-lee.

Hinoryu
28th August 2007, 02:21 PM
I'm interested but I have to ask something before I consider signing up.

Is this a Team Rocket rpg? Or is there intended to be a balance of characters opposing each other (Rocket and anti-Rocket)? I've never had any interest in Team Rocket rpgs so I wanted to know before I make a decision about joining. Thanks.

Ideally, there would be a balance of Rockets and anti-Rockets. However, if all the people who sign up want to be one way or the other, I won't say no.

Weasel Overlord
29th August 2007, 11:43 AM
*dances in* you put me in the *clap clap* MAGIC POSITION darling, now!!

*cough* Sign-up ahoy!

Name: Elwyn Loosestrife
Grade: 12
Starter Pokemon: Growlithe [M] Djinn
Appearance: Elwyn resembles his brother in build, in that he is tall and slender, with the same perfectly straight hair. His hair is flaming red, somewhat similar to the fur of the Growlithes he has grown up around, and he keeps it down at all times. It needs no straightening or anything, and has no annoying kinks, which kinda proves that having beautiful co-ordinator genes can be good for some things. He cuts his hair to about shoulder-length, but it’s shorter and more feathery on top, and he has a very slight fringe that just tickles the top of his eyes. His hairstyle is choppily cut, no piece is the same length, really, which really irks his incredibly fashion-conscious mother and brother.
He stands at an inch over six feet, a fact which he is extremely proud of, since he has managed to outgrow his brother.
Elwyn’s eyes are almond-shaped, framed by pale lashes and perfectly deep green in colour.
For his clothes, as a small act of rebellion towards his brother, he wears an extremely motley selection. Favouring sawn-off-at-the-thighs jeans which are an exceptionally faded blue in colour, and too-large tank-like tops in grey. The tank top is so loose that the “sleeves” can often be seen falling down around his arms, but that’s just the way he likes them. ^_^ He wears lace-up boots in red, and on top of this selection he wears a cloak-like coat thing, which is purple on the outside, and intensely sparkly green on the inside. This coat has huge, hanging sleeves (although they can’t really be called sleeves, since they don’t go down his arms) and a big hood, which he likes to put up during battle.
Elwyn’s features are as beautifully petite and perfect as his brother’s, but his lips are much plumper and fuller, giving him a delicious pout, the effect of which on ladies is carefully taken note of, and he knows exactly when to turn on the pout to full effect.
His build is perfectly lean, with a slight edge of skinniness that makes him look as if you could crush him if you hugged too hard.
Personality: Elwyn is outgoing, flamboyant to a T, and really quite full of his own self-importance. Where his brother has learned some restraint with age, Elwyn is still fully in the throes of teenagerdom, and he thinks nothing of flouncing around like there’s no tomorrow. Obviously, many, if not all, people will find this attitude incredibly annoying, but Elwyn has an extremely thick skin, and as such, will shrug off any insults or hatred with his usual good cheer.
He can be prone to sulk at times, if he’s feeling particularly petty about something, and it’s best to watch out when he has a glint in his eye and his pouty face on.
He is exquisitely aware of his own beauty, and not afraid to use it to get what he wants; and he’s certainly not averse to stripping off his clothes at random times, or caressing himself in an obvious fashion to set the ladies off.
Type Focus: Fire, fire and always fire.
History: Elwyn is the younger brother of the somewhat famous contest co-ordinator Aubrey Loosestrife who is currently attending Lapras Valley High. (the previous incarnation run by Dark-San) Since the pair are brothers, obviously they have the same parents; Oberon and Fleur Loosestrife, the famous co-ordinators, although now they have retired from contests to breed Growlithe professionally, hence Elwyn’s starter Pokemon.
He has been informed by his parents that one “country bumpkin cousin” is going to be attending Jesus Island in the same grade as Elwyn, and that he must “uphold the family values at all times”, which really means “don’t, for crying out loud, do anything stupid, Elwyn, and especially not in front of your cousin, and especially not your groping antics, yes, you know what I mean young man, don’t pout at me because it won’t work, you hear me?”
From a young age, Elwyn has been trained in all forms of dance in accordance with his mothers’ strict contest preparations, despite the fact that he’s never wanted to go into contests himself. Though he would probably punch anyone who found out, Elwyn is highly accomplished at tap, tango, modern dance, ballet, waltzing, rumba, cha-cha and his own extra special brand of wiggling-while-groping-yourself.
Misc. Notes: So what if Elwyn looks like Patrick Wolf!! *glares around at accusers* WHAT’S YOUR POINT!?
see here for cloak-thingy (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/jingleweasel/07825_220656_patrickiwolf_leeds07_O.jpg)
Elwyn’s voice is smooth and delicious, and when he wants to he can turn the volume down on it until its, well, bloody sexy. Growly and low, this voice is enough to turn anyone on (think: Nine Inch Nails singer doing the vocals to Closer, yum yum). :D :D
[/URL][URL="http://www.box.net/shared/43zqgeq5bi"]Click here (http://Click%20here) for Closer voice sample. [disclaimer: This song is pure filth and Wurzworth is not to be held accountable for any staining of pure souls.]

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
30th August 2007, 12:55 PM
...oh god, groping. *snortcackle*

Name: Yamazaki, Shun
Starter Pokemon: Sandshrew (female, Kaela)
Appearance: Six feet tall, solidly built and all that - hitting the bugger is like hitting a brick wall. The only things coordinator genes seem to have done for Shun may be discerned in his fine cheekbones and straight nose; otherwise, it's all rough, chiseled features, manly jaw, dark eyes that blaze with an inner fire etc. etc. His clothes are pretty standard; t-shirts, sleeved or sleeveless, make up approximately 80% of his wardrobe. He sometimes puts on yukata when in the dorms, and also wears them to sleep. On his feet, he wears geta (http://www.egeorgeonline.com/getapage/index.html), wooden sandals with raised soles. In colder weather he dons a long black overcoat that makes him (unintentionally) look like a gangster.
Shun's hair is allowed a paragraph of its own. It is a deep auburn in shade, and most of it rises vertically and diagonally from his scalp in scruffy spikes, like a very badly maintained paintbrush. This wild coiffure is partially a result of bedheadness (or bedheadism, or the most desirable ability to have messy hair that looks deliberately, delectably and devastatingly messy), and mostly the product of painstaking, complicated minutes spent each morning teasing, gelling and coaxing his hair into place. When left to its own devices the longer bits at back are approximately nape-of-neck-length; from thereon forwards it is cut gradually shorter.
His eyebrows are very expressive. Oftentimes there is more information on his mood to be gained by consulting the set of his eyebrows than the rest of his face.
Personality: Direct, blunt and forthright, Shun is not one to mince his words, even to his nearest and dearest. He has demonstrated mental inability to sit around twiddling thumbs - once he sets his mind to something, he's not likely to rest till he's achieved his object. Doesn't exactly exude an aura of goodwill-towards-all, and indeed Shun appears intimidating to strangers, but he's civil enough, if a bit reserved, and will help out if he can; to friends he's fanatically loyal, remarkably tolerant and considerably more unrestrained in behaviour. He is occasionally guilty of releasing stress through unsophisticated physical means.
Seems to have no sense of humour whatsoever, though he does indulge in sarcastic commentary that, in the appropriate circumstances, is vaguely amusing, and has even been known to understand the odd joke. He's not slow, the entire concept of humour just seems to evade him. Most of the time, people who consciously attempt to make him laugh get a politely inquiring blank look in return, a confused stare, or a punch in the face, if he thinks they were trying to insult him.
Type Focus: None, but he'd train pokemon that are strong offensively, if that's a focus.
History: Shun's family pedigree is considerably buffered by the inclusion of Loosestrife blood (he has yet to show any signs of, let alone admitting, to this). His mother was a deviant Loosestrife who, disliking the family's coda of overt exhibitionism, moved to Johto, married the thoroughly unfashionable and exceedingly conventional director of the Ecruteak theater, and disappeared into comfortable, anonymous obscurity. Shun attended the Loosestrife tribe's annual reunion one year and thenceforth decided never to return again. (He thinks he could not keep up in their all-star Swan-About-Banquet-Halls-Exchanging-Idle-Gossip-And-Looking-Good-While-Doing-It marathon. Also, there was dancing, which shall be elaborated upon in posts to come.)
Shun is the middle child in the family, but often feels and takes on the responsibilities of the eldest because his older sister ran away to seek her fortune five years previous, tired of being a kimono girl in a traditional city, and possibly desiring a wilder path in life. Her current whereabouts are unknown; they speculate that she is somewhere in Kumoen, if not yet dead. Shun's own reasons for attending Jesus Island may or may not be connected to this.
Related to Elwyn somewhat distantly - they're cousins, of second or third degree, and though they were told to look out for each other, Shun is still wary about associating himself with anyone from such a flamboyant family. Well. He doesn't know who Elwyn is, but he figures he'll find out all too soon - he has some sort of instinctual auto-detector built into his system and spots coordinator genes from miles away, dahling.
Misc. Notes: Was in the cheer squad in his old school back in Ecruteak (which would explain the buffness: beating on taiko drums builds muscles, you know!); despite all appearances, he also possesses perfect pitch.

I'm tempted to make a Rocket member, but considering my RPing speed these days, I might be getting in over my head... *swans off to bed*

Hinoryu
30th August 2007, 01:40 PM
I'll make the thread for the game to start once everyone with reserved spots make their characters. Just a heads-up.

Drago
2nd September 2007, 08:13 AM
Hello there evewybody... Can I play, too?

Name: Mortimer Ainsley
Starter Pokemon: Shroomish, M, Lord Trung (Trung for short)
Appearance: Mort looks as though he hasn't been outside for years; he's pale, has terrible bags under his eyes and looks generally unhealthy. He's average height, and average build, with long black hair that stretches down to his shoulders. He is not one for creative dressing, generally throwing together whichever black ensemble he feels appropriate; usually torn black jeans, a black shirt and black gloves. And black boots too, which he thinks are pretty awesome.
Personality: A definite oddball, Mortimer isn't anti-social, but he's weird, morbid and slightly twisted, and has a keen fascination with death, which means he doesn't have that many friends. This suits him just fine, as he's sarcastic and rude, and tends to make it his business to get under the skin of others. He's fairly wise beyond his years, but getting information from him is risky, as he'll throw in several lies and digressions along the way. He likes to come off as cool and aloof, but he has a temper and will strike if provoked. He's never one to instigate a fight, however, unless it is between other people, at which point he revels to stand by and chuckle to himself. In short, he's not that nice a guy. Heh.
Type Focus: Grass. He loves their calming personalities.
History: He was born and raised in Lavender Town, and though his surroundings meant a respect for death was hammered into him at a young age, this gradually turned to a morbid fascination. He would often wander about the Pokemon Tower as he grew up, excited whenever there was a new monument to a recently passed Pokemon. His studies suffered for this, and practically as a last resort his parents sent him off to Jesus Island to expand his horizons. He isn't very fond of his parents, and likewise they aren't too fond of him; they chose to send him away instead of moving because they had grown more fond of Lavender Town than of him.
Misc. Notes: Mortimer isn't very healthy. He always seems to be coughing. Irrelevant? Possibly!

My RPing is so out of date, so if my character's a nuisance, feel free to kill him off. lol

Shadow Djinn
2nd September 2007, 11:00 AM
Can people still join? >.>

Name: Alec Wong
Starter Pokemon: Sneasel [M] Zangetsu
Appearance: Obscured beneath a mop of jet black hair, Alec possesses a very oriental appearance. Standing at a rough 5'9, he is lean and solidly built, providing him with strong athletic prowess. He seems to always have a slightly grumpy look on his pale exterior. He usually is garbed in dark garments, mainly dressed in a dark blue vest with a white shirt beneath. His outfit is complete with a worn tan belt of coarse material and jeans that match the shade of his vest. His eyes seem to give him a calm and collecting aura, something that directly contrasts with his trademark thin smile and annoyed look. Both expressions are pure reflex, and because of this people gather the wrong impression, judging him as moody and distant instead of what he actually is.
Personality: As previously mentioned, unlike his grumpy facial textures, Alec is actually very social when he gets to know someone. Despite this he is somewhat shy around people he doesn't know, but seems to act very close to them once he gets to know them even a little. He is somewhat vulgar, and curse words are a regular occurance in his vocabulary. While somewhat smart, Alec is lazy and unwilling to work hard if it isn't a physical activity (this includes pokemon battling) or something he enjoys (writing), and due to this his grades lurk in the middle to high B's, complimented with three low to high A's that depend on his mood.
Type Focus: Alec's type focus is, in a nutshell, speed. Almost any pokemon he decides to train must have at least the appearance of a fast pokemon (this isnt game stats either). However, this doesn't narrow down much, as most pokemon with four (or two even...) legs can be quick on their feet, so he concentrates mainly on the water/electric/dark regions. Flying types, however, also catch his eye.
History: Raised in the nearly barren outskirts of Blackthorn, Alec was, simply put, an accident between his parents. They were never willing to have a child, and being a rich, wealthy young couple, thought little of him and dropped him off in Blackthorn with a close friend and his caretaker. Despite this, Alec never (visually) seemed hurt by this, and grew to accept the aged man, Brendan, as his proverbial father. Due to his age, Brendan had a crisp, strict caretaker that took it upon herself to raise Alex 'proper', imparting upon him all the strict rules and lifestyles of a 'sophisticated boy.' While he appreciated the caretaker, she had little impact on his personality. The Sneasel was an old pokemon Brendan had captured back when he himself was a trainer, late in his years. Because of this the Sneasel received little to none training, and it was deemed an appropriate parting gift for when Alec left for Jesus Island.
Misc. Notes: Alec has a small sense of justice. Hoorah?

Magmar
2nd September 2007, 12:51 PM
Sine everyone's playing 17-year-olds, I'll do what I did in Lapras Valley, and play a youngin'. Oh puberty XD

Name: Serena Ellesmere
Grade: 8th
Starter Pokemon: Skitty, Female, "Luna".
Appearance: Serena is a girl of normal stature for a girl who just turned 14, about 5'3", and is slim. She is still relatively flat-chested, which works to her advantage, since she is a notably fast runner. Serena's skin is light, and her hair is a dirty blonde and a little more than shoulder-length.
Personality: Mature yet whiny, Serena is strikingly similar to Usagi of Sailor Moon (which is why I named her Serena). But she doesn't wear her hair in buns and she doesn't wear a notoriously skimpy outfit. Serena makes friends very easily and never says anything bad about anyone without being provoked; she is generally pure. She is usually one of the oldest in her class, but doesn't really look or act any older than everybody else. Her style is trendy but modest.
Type Focus: Pokemon that are cat-like and/or associated with the Moon.
History: Serena comes from a family that couldn't have been any more average: a stay-at-home mom, 9-5 job dad, and three younger siblings (Steve, 6th grade; Jenny, 3rd grade; Erin, 1st grade). Serena has had an interesting past; when she was three, she claimed to have been visited by a monster "with a moon head and circles around its tummy". It was later confirmed that what she saw was legendary Cresselia, as numerous other eyewitnesses claimed to see Cresselia in that region on that day. Since then, Serena has been in love with the moon, and can often be seen gazing at the moonlit sky out her window.
Misc. Notes: Serena's best subject is Physical Science; her worst is Language.

darktyranitar
8th September 2007, 09:29 PM
I would like to first apologize for apparently delaying the RPG... I have been quite busy these past week (and it will continue until the end of October)

That said, here's my sign up:

Name: Thomas Bradley (commonly known as Tom)
Grade: 10
Starter Pokemon: A Porygon, Giygas
Appearance: He stands at a medium height of about 5’6”, with a rather muscular built that is not really visible under his clothing – he prefers a loose fitting t-shirt, coupled with dark cargo pants. For his footwear, he chose to wear a pair of military boots. He has a square-ish face, a darken skin, and crew-cut hairstyle. Add in a serious looking face, with a pair of serious looking spectacles, and you’ll have a somewhat military-like face. He doesn’t wear much of an accessory, save for a watch and a belt. And it is not a surprise that Tom has a fluid, military like movement (and he takes it too far at times, complete with salute and all).
Personality: Tom lives on a set of strict discipline. He tries to obey the rules as much as possible, because he felt that rules are made to shape up a good human being. He plays it safe… which can struck him as a boring, dull, law abiding person.
However, that is not to say that he is stupid and obey every single rules without any objection (if by chance one of his superior tells him to jump down a bridge, he’ll probably kick the said person before asking for the reasons). He is a bit quick to lose his temper, and is not afraid to show it – vocally and physically. He also has an extremely open tolerance towards anyone, provided that they don’t start a skirmish with him.
Type Focus: He prefers any Pokemon that are fast, deadly, and have a high level of accuracy, regardless of the type.
History: Tom had lived in Fuschia city since the day he was born, along with his parents and his two older brothers, Eric and Alan (who is currently in Lapras Valley University [Dark-San version]). Unlike his siblings, his father – who has a short stint in the military force – drills him with vigorous training to build up his discipline (he was rather ashamed of his other sons: one is a lazy coward, and the other one is a hopeless case). To say that Tom had a rough teenage period would not be right. He actually enjoyed it tremendously: he could do a 100 push up non-stop, he has survived through three days in Viridian Forest armed with only a knife and he had learned various methods to render a person knocked out senseless using various part of his body (he haven’t practiced the last method yet). One of the highlight of his training is getting his first Pokemon – Giygas – in what would sometimes be dubbed as the Saffron City Porygon Invasion (not a real invasion; only a couple of Porygon was involved, but the effect is quite devastating), in which he took a couple of hits – pretty minor injury, but it still hurts him nonetheless. He was then allowed to keep one of the Porygon, since no one wants to claim responsibility on how they have escaped. Life gets pretty boring for him afterward. And then one day, he received news that he is offered a place in Jesus Island, and so with an open mind, he begins his college life (albeit with a little push and pressure from his father).
Misc. Notes: He is a part time conspiracy theorist.

Hinoryu
9th September 2007, 12:07 AM
No problem about the wait. I won't be starting the RP until Monday, as that's when I get my primary computer (which has all my notes about the RP) back. Look for the RP start then.