PDA

View Full Version : Pavarotti dead at 71

mr_pikachu
6th September 2007, 01:35 PM
Fans worldwide pay tribute to Pavarotti (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/pavarotti_reax;_ylt=AvJOoGqlP7Ua6_V6VTXE7p357uVF)

Opera legend Luciano Pavarotti lost his battle with pancreatic cancer yesterday. One of the most unmistakable voices in the world is gone forever.

I've never set foot inside an opera theater, and even I've heard some of Pavarotti's work. That's how prevalent and phenomenal he was. This brilliant tenor will undoubtedly be missed.

kainashi
6th September 2007, 03:16 PM
RIP. one of the best. :patriot:

Phoenixsong
6th September 2007, 04:24 PM
Mm. That's too bad. I was never much of an opera person either, but still... yeah. He'll be missed.

Drusilla
6th September 2007, 04:39 PM
He was in an opera I saw (on TV... hah, I can't imagine being able to afford to see one in person) a few years ago. Damn... he had a wonderful voice. His voice may have been silenced, but his soul will live on in the music he made.

Houndoom_Lover
6th September 2007, 05:15 PM
We played the funeral drige in my Chior class. *sniffles* He will be missed.

Crystalmaster Mike
7th September 2007, 02:26 AM
One of our local actor/singers said on the news that some opera's would never have sounded they way they do today if not for Luciano Pavarotti.

Yeah well, as far as my opera knowledge goes, he stood at the top of all (if any other) opera singers I know.
I suppose he was just one of those monuments/legends of today's world, that anyone could have heard of him, even if they never had heard any operas before.