PDA

View Full Version : GAME (Tournament): Summer 2007 Cartoon Character Battle – FINAL ROUND [M.A. TML]

mr_pikachu
7th September 2007, 05:04 PM
Summer 2007 Cartoon Character Battle – Final
Originally Created By Dr. Omicron
Tournament Director and Host: mr_pikachu
Moderator Approved by The_Missing_Link
With Many Thanks to GameFAQs.com

RULES

1. Each round of the tournament will be given a separate thread. Each individual battle of the round will be listed in the first post of that thread, and it will show the combatant’s names as well as their seeding in the tournament. When you see this, it’s time for you to vote!

2. To vote, simply indicate your choices in a reply to the round’s thread. A good way to do this is by copying the brackets that are posted and bolding your choice for each match. Feel free to post comments such as your reasons for choosing each character, too.

3. Each round will last for one week before the thread is closed and the round is concluded. This means that you have an entire week to pick who you want to win. That should be plenty of time. If you really want your characters to win, then get out there and vote!

4. Once the tournament reaches the latter stages, more information may be given about the remaining characters. You may hear about each character’s history, appearances, creation, and other interesting facts. This data will help you to make the crucial decisions that will decide the final champion.

5. Should two characters be tied when the polls for a match close, the tournament director will cast the tiebreaker vote. However, the tournament director will NOT cast a vote in ANY match other than a required tiebreaker vote. It’ll be up to you to keep your characters moving through the tournament, so get out the vote!

6. The tournament will continue in this manner until the final battle is complete and the Champion of the tournament is decided.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

REGIONAL FINAL RESULTS

Semifinal #1

2 Hobbes (Calvin and Hobbes)
1 Optimus Prime (Transformers)
---Optimus Prime wins, 3-2---

Semifinal #2

5 Mario (The Super Mario Bros. Super Show)
2 Ichigo (Bleach)
---Mario wins, 4-1---

Ladies and gentlemen... boys and girls of all ages... welcome to...

THE FINAL SHOWDOWN!

Only a few weeks ago, 63 challengers jumped into the ring and fought for glory. 61 of them were easily dispatched by stronger warriors. A mere two kings of the ring remain. But only one can rise to victory and be crowned as our Champion!

It all comes down to this deciding match. This is the final bout of the Cartoon Character Battle Championships!

Now, allow me to introduce our first survivor...

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6313/optimus3jd3.jpg

Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime is a character in the Transformers universe. He is the commander of the Autobots, a faction of heroic robots from the planet Cybertron who wage their battles to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons, for control of their homeworld, and by extension, peace in the universe. The immensely kind and compassionate Prime puts all his talent to use to improve the world around him, and has dedicated himself to the protection of all life, particularly the inhabitants of Earth; he will battle his foes with unyielding resolve to uphold this belief. In power and intelligence, Optimus Prime has no equal, known as one of the greatest heroes on both Cybertron and Earth.

The original Optimus Prime transforms into a cab over semi truck. The truck's cab transforms into the robot mode of Prime himself, with vast strength and armed with a laser rifle. Contained within his chest is the mystic talisman known as the Autobot Matrix of Leadership (or Creation Matrix), carried by all Autobot leaders and passed down through the ages. The truck's trailer disconnects and transforms into the Combat Deck, a mobile battle-station/command headquarters with an "Auto-Launcher" robot armed with assorted artillery and beam weapons. It can also serve as a radio antenna for battlefield communications between the Autobots. The Combat Deck can launch Prime's third component, Roller, a mobile scout buggy that can easily slip behind enemy lines; when Roller is present somewhere, it is as if Prime is there himself. Injury to one component is felt by each of the others, and while Prime could survive the destruction of either, despite the slight degree of autonomy they possess, the Combat Deck and Roller would not be able to survive without him.

Statistics
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Special Powers: Transformation, Immense Size, Energy Axe
Greatest Weakness: Rust
Classification: Shapeshifting Robot (transformus mechanicus)
Date of Birth: Sep. 17, 1984
Origin: Transformers

Tournament History
#16 Jimmy Neutron ~ Optimus Prime out-teched Jimmy (2-0)
#8 Vash ~ Optimus Prime deflected Vash's bullets (3-0)
#4 Link ~ Optimus Prime's metal made the Master Sword useless (2-1)
#2 Bender ~ Optimus Prime used an unbendable girder (1-0)
#2 Hobbes ~ Optimus Prime didn't believe Hobbes was real (3-2)

Now, please direct your attention to our second fighter!

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9857/mario3zn0.jpg

Mario

Mario is a video game character created by Japanese game designer Shigeru Miyamoto and the official mascot of Nintendo. He is the older (although shorter) brother of Luigi. Mario was originally portrayed as a two-dimensional sprite, but in later games he is a three-dimensional, polygonal model.

Mario and Luigi are both Italian plumbers. According to Mario cartoons by DiC Entertainment and the Super Mario Bros. movie, as well as the Super Mario 64 Players Guide written by Nintendo Power, Mario and Luigi are from Brooklyn, New York; though Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island implies he was born in the Mushroom Kingdom.

He is well known for constantly thwarting the plans of the evil King Bowser to kidnap Princess Peach and subjugate the Mushroom Kingdom. He has astonishing physical strength and agility for a man of his stature, and superhuman jumping ability. He has a relationship with Princess Peach whom he has saved on numerous occasions. His complete antithesis is Wario.

As Nintendo's mascot, Mario is considered to be the most famous character in video game history. The Mario series of video games has sold more than 193 million units, making the Mario series the best-selling video game series of all time. Outside of the platformers with which he is traditionally associated, Mario has appeared in video games in different genres, including the Mario Kart racing series, Nintendo's arcade sports games (such as the Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Baseball, and Super Mario Strikers series), and Nintendo's series of Mario role-playing games (including Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, the Paper Mario series, and the Mario & Luigi series).

Statistics
Height: 5'0"
Weight: Unknown
Special Powers: High Jumping, Fireballs, Multiple Lives
Greatest Weakness: Pasta and Pizza
Classification: Plumber (drainus uncloggus)
Date of Birth: Sep. 4, 1989
Origin: The Super Mario Bros. Super Show

Tournament History
#12 Omi ~ Mario doused Omi's water (2-0)
#4 Bugs Bunny ~ Mario hunted wabbits (2-1)
#8 Aang ~ Mario defied the elements (2-1)
#10 Raven ~ Mario wasn't afraid of the dark (1-0)
#2 Ichigo ~ Mario melted Ichigo's zanpakutou (4-1)

The fearsome mechanical titan meets the courageous hero of the people! This is it!

LET THE FINAL BATTLE BEGIN!

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9584/tourneybracket7nf7.gif

Blademaster
8th September 2007, 02:41 AM
SUPER MARIO FTW, BABY!!! :hellyeah:

Mikachu Yukitatsu
8th September 2007, 04:31 AM
Super Mario. I have watched Transformers, too, but I couldn't get into the plot so I am not as familiar with Optimus. My favourite videogames are Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario 64 and I also liked the Mario cartoon. I don't know if I should call myself a Nintendo fanboy, although I am in a Pokémon message board, but that does not really matter here...

Crystalmaster Mike
8th September 2007, 06:54 AM
Optimus Prime. Mainly because I loved the Beast Wars / Beast Machines saga, in which his descendent, Optimus Primal featured (as a - possibly gray-backed - gorilla). Plus, I remember watching one of the first Transformers cartoon series way back when (couldn't have been 1987, since I was born that year).
Also, my Transformers' stuff easily outnumbers my SM stuff (find the double-entendre in this sentence, if you dare ;)). Though my favourite Beastie was Cheetor, not Optimus, my vote still goes to him. (Plus, my favourite SMB character is Yoshi.)

Blademaster
8th September 2007, 06:59 AM
Also, my Transformers' stuff easily outnumbers my SM stuff (find the double-entendre in this sentence, if you dare ;))

I'm not touching that with a 30-foot pole. >>;;

Knight of Time
8th September 2007, 09:12 AM
Mario FTW, I've been a Mario fan for as long as I can remember (even making a big project based on a classic Mario game for the SNES with all-new levels, maps, blocks, and enemies), his popularity through all the cartoons, games, merchandise, etc, that he is in, will never drop. As is the title of one of the levels in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Go! Go! Mario!

mr_pikachu
14th September 2007, 05:09 PM
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

Tonight's championship bout ended by TKO at the end of the fourth round. The judges for this fight were Blademaster, Mikachu Yukitatsu, Crystalmaster Mike, and Knight of Time.

Now, I present to you, the winner and new Cartoon Character Battle Champion, by technical knockout...

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6713/mario4yv5.jpg

MARIO!

Mario, can you tell us how you pulled off the upset?

“Well, Luigi kept a-telling me to get in close, inside a-his range. And then he kept a-yellin', 'Get in close and jab! Jab! Jab!' So that's a-what I did. I took a pretty big a-hit in the third round, but my 1-Up Mushroom helped me keep a-fighting.

“Mama mia, it's all a-happening so fast. Optimus was a great opponent. Just had to whittle away at him. I can't believe after all this time, I'm a-the Champion! Wahoo!”

And there you have it. Despite taking a devastating blow in the third round, Mario dominated the first, second and fourth rounds to push Optimus Prime into a knockout. Congratulations to the Summer 2007 Cartoon Character Battle Champion, from The Super Mario Bros. Super Show, Mario!

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3171/tourneybracket8sz7.gif

Blademaster
14th September 2007, 05:37 PM
And DON'T you forget it!