PDA

View Full Version : 'You are not alone' plagiary

Crystalmaster Mike
11th September 2007, 12:56 PM
Well, the Brussels' court of objection (?) has just decided in favour of 2 Belgian brothers who've been claiming for 12 years that they owned (the rights to) the original song, instead of producer R. Kelly, who wrote it for artist Michael Jackson.
I heard a part of this original song (only in passing), and there is in fact some sort of resemblance. It could all just be coincidence, or the cause of said brothers sending their song 'round the world in search of a producer, during which R. Kelly might've picked up the melody of the song.
Then again, some time ago there was a Danish contestant to Eurosong whose song resembled a Belgian entry from the time when animals still talked with Scottish accents.

Now, at least in Belgium, the pair of brothers is going to get at least some sort of repayment. It's impossible to estimate precisely what their share amounts to, seeing as the song has been sold and rerecorded and performed tons of times over.

I find it rather amusing, seeing as though they're never going to get anything from anyone outside of Belgium. And if they ever do, then I'd find it worth even more of a laugh.