PDA

View Full Version : Speed issue

EngiMatikul
17th September 2007, 08:47 PM
Ok, I have something that's been annoying me for a while ever since I battled this person.

There was one time in battle where I was fighting Dugtrio vs Tyranitar. Due to various circumstances, I was switching out to Dugtrio while Tyranitar used Dragon Dance. That should raise its speed and attack one level. Ok everything is fine there.

What surprised me was that his Tyranitar moved first after that. This is what was confusing me. Because, looking at stats, even if he had 31 IV speed (which he does) and a Jolly nature (which does) and 50% more speed from Dragon Dance, I still think he couldn't have outsped my Dugtrio, who was also jolly nature with unknown IV for speed. I personally don't think my Dugtrio's speed IVs were THAT terrible but maybe I'm wrong?

If anyone has direct calculations of how I could be wrong (like if I'm below this much IV I'm going to be slower) that would be cool. Otherwise this could just be considered a rant, I guess.

Negrek
17th September 2007, 09:17 PM
Levels?

Anyway, assuming the levels were equal and 100, the maximum possible speeds are, assuming beneficial nature, max IV's, and max EV's to the speed stat:

Dugtrio: 372
Tyranitar: 243

Thus, after one DD, that max tyranitar reaches 364 speed.

Of course, one IV corresponds exactly to one speed point at lv. 100, so if dugtrio has 22 speed IV's, its speed will also be 364 and tyranitar will have a 50% chance of going first against it. If it has a speed IV of 21 or less, it is guaranteed to move second.

And, of course, that's assuming that your speed EV's have been maxed as well.

EngiMatikul
18th September 2007, 02:15 PM
Levels?

Anyway, assuming the levels were equal and 100, the maximum possible speeds are, assuming beneficial nature, max IV's, and max EV's to the speed stat:

Dugtrio: 372
Tyranitar: 243

Thus, after one DD, that max tyranitar reaches 364 speed.

Of course, one IV corresponds exactly to one speed point at lv. 100, so if dugtrio has 22 speed IV's, its speed will also be 364 and tyranitar will have a 50% chance of going first against it. If it has a speed IV of 21 or less, it is guaranteed to move second.

And, of course, that's assuming that your speed EV's have been maxed as well.

Hmm seeing this this is probably the result. We were playing wireless so we were all set to base 100 level, and yes I maxed out my EVs for speed as well.

Sigh poor dugtrio with his less than ideal speed IVs. His attack IVs suck too, I may have to raise a new one. T_T