PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a good moveset for Honchrow and Glaceon

PointyHairedBoss
21st September 2007, 11:40 AM
The title says it all. I want to have these two on my team but I can't think of good movesets for them. My team is:

Infernape (Fire/Fighting)

Miltank (Normal)

Swampert (Water/Ground)

Glaceon (Ice)

Honchrow (Dark/Flying)

Grumpig (Psychic)

Perfect Chaos
21st September 2007, 04:58 PM
Well, for Honchkrow, what do you plan on using it as? A Physical or Special type moveset?

As for Glaceon, this could work:

Glaceon@Leftovers
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball/HP (Fighting/Electric)
Wish
Fake Tears

BTW, just so you know, you have a 3x weakness to Rock (Infernape, Glaceon, Honchkrow). That's a very common type seen in battling nowadays (with alot of Pokemon running Stone Edge and Stealth Rock) so you might want to address that for your team

Blademaster
21st September 2007, 05:49 PM
Doesn't Fighting resist Rock?

DarkestLight
21st September 2007, 06:41 PM
Rock Resists Fire.

-.- Shut up Blade! I dun even wanna hear you breathe a reply.

But yes, Fighting resists Rock, making Infernape only neutral to Rock Attacks

Phoenixsong
21st September 2007, 06:42 PM
Yeah, Infernape's fine.

Hm. Can't think of a Honchkrow set right now... I guess that's an okay Glaceon set (I'm tired). Just so you know, though, Glaceon tends to be a fairly ineffective Pokémon. Ice simply *isn't* a good defensive type, and Glaceon is awfully slow... now, don't let me steer you away from using it if you want to, but I'm just saying you need to be careful with it.

Oh, and the Pointy Haired Boss is awesome. Cool name.

DarkestLight
21st September 2007, 07:13 PM
For fun times, I use Mirror Coat with Focus Sash on Glaceon. Yeah its incredibly novel-but it makes for fun times. I'd stick with something like

Ice Beam
Shadowball
Sleep Talk
Ice Shard

Yeah, seems stupid, until you get put to sleep and then have a one in three chance of priority killing some sucker. But I'm just for novelty sets lately, I'm positive there's better. -.-..

And don't none of ya yell at me about the two moves of same type on this set. :p

Oh, and are you able/willing to breed. That's the only reason why I didn't state Wish or Fake Tears

Perfect Chaos
21st September 2007, 07:57 PM
I don't know if Ice Shard is a good idea on Glaceon, considering its Physical-based and its Atk is pretty bad.

DarkestLight
22nd September 2007, 08:21 AM
You have to see my setup to understand the reasoning behind this nutzoid set.

but its basically someone has SD-and then for sheer novelty-pass to Glaceon. Everyone thinks its a mistake pass, they get ready to murder poor Glaceon-and then Ice Shard rapes the sucker. Out comes their Starmie/whatever to try and end me, I know I can survive it (Haha Focus Sash)-Ice Beam or Shadowball it, then merc it with Ice Shard. They try to put me to sleep-I still attack, mwahaha. :D It takes crazy prediction.

Back on track here....Another ok set for Glaceon would be the classic Hail set.

Hail
Blizzard
Shadowball
Double Team/Natural Gift

That's if DT is allowed...but anyway. Simple enough. Hail causes your evasion to rise, Blizzard hits 100%-w STAB, its gonna hurt alot of things that don't outright 2x resist it. Double Team to confuzzle them even more, and SB for bothersome Ghosts and Psychics. Natural gift is always an option too :O.

Granted, I don't know the setup of your team, and Hail may be a hinderance more than a help.

PointyHairedBoss
23rd September 2007, 02:59 PM
Hmmm, I'm rethinking my team and im gonna take Glaceon out. My new team is:
Infernape
Miltank
Honchcrow
Swampert
Espeon

and I need a recommendation for a sixth

PointyHairedBoss
23rd September 2007, 03:03 PM
Thanks, Phoenixsong. I just came up with the name on a whim

Perfect Chaos
23rd September 2007, 04:16 PM
Hmm...for a Sixth member, how about an Electric or Ghost-type?

BTW, awesome job on type-coverage. I checked your weaknesses, and you have VERY VERY little on 2x weaknesses.

eravid
27th October 2021, 04:12 AM
I don't know if Ice Shard is a good idea on Glaceon, considering its Physical-based and its Atk is pretty bad.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
2nd November 2021, 03:44 PM

I don't think it's a worthwhile move. If you chose a physical attack you should give it Ice Fang.