PDA

View Full Version : The TPM Battling League: Standard Tournament #5 (COMPLETE)

mr_pikachu
23rd September 2007, 04:56 AM
The TPM Battling League
2007-08 ~ Standard Tournament #5

Admin Approved by Chris
Commissioner: mr_pikachu

This topic is to inform participants of the TPMBL about an upcoming tournament, for competitors in the tournament to report their battle results, and for pairings and results to be announced. It is not to be used for tournament registration.

To register for this tournament, follow the instructions given at the bottom of this thread.

Tournament Information

Basic Information
Standard Tournament
Single-Battle Style
Start Date: October 4, 2007
Late Registration Date*: October 7, 2007

Lineup Clauses and Limits
Level Limit: 100 (Auto-level will be used)
Legendary Clause
Species Clause
DS Style

Battle Clauses
Sleep Clause
OHKO Clause
Self-Destruct Clause

Tournament Limits
Maximum Players: 16
Maximum Round Duration: 3 days

Staff
Head TD: mr_pikachu
Assistant TDs: N/A

Tiebreakers
1. Solkoff
2. Cumulative
3. Median

Additional Notes
I apologize for the delay in announcing this tournament. We had a little problem with communication between TDs. But now that's done, so let's continue with the league!

We once again have 16 players maximum and up to four rounds, depending on the number of entries. Participants may still register until the end of round one, or choose to take a half-point bye during one round of their choice if they register on time. (If you choose to take a bye for one round, please say so in your registration PM.) All non-legendaries of any level are allowed, and we'll be using auto-levelling to level 100. The time limit for each round is still three days - don't be late!

As always, you cannot train the Pokemon on your team once you’ve submitted your registration. Until the tournament is complete, your selected Pokemon cannot participate in battles within the game, because that could affect their stats.

You have until October 4 (12:01 a.m. Central Standard Time) to register your team. Please note the guidelines below for doing so.

*- If space permits, we will accept late registrations until October 7, when round two will begin. If you register your team after the pairings for round one have already been posted, you will receive a half-point for the first round (as if you had earned a draw). Your tiebreak scores will not be increased, however.

Registration

To register for this tournament, send a PM (Private Message) to the Head TD with your TPMBL ID# (found in the Rules, Ratings, and Standings thread). The PM must include the following information for all of the Pokemon you will use in the tournament:

Species
Level
Gender (if none, put “Genderless”)
Ability
Hold Item (if none, put “None”)
Move #1
Move #2 (if none, put “None”)
Move #3 (if none, put “None”)
Move #4 (if none, put “None”)

Your Pokemon must be listed in the order in which they are arranged on your team.

Andrew
23rd September 2007, 06:31 AM
Could I perhaps just have a... casual battle?

mr_pikachu
23rd September 2007, 09:09 AM
I'm currently working on a way we can make that work within the league (or, as an alternative, part of the overall forum). Once I've got everything sort of fleshed out, I'll either confer with Christen (if it's a forum development) or add it myself (if it's part of the league itself).

Blademaster
23rd September 2007, 01:41 PM
I apologize for the delay in announcing this tournament. We had a little problem with communication between TDs.
What the crap kind of an excuse is that!? You're the ONLY TD, you lying SOB! :mad:

Negrek
23rd September 2007, 02:53 PM
Any way you could keep a running tab of how many people have registered in the first post or whatever? I *really* do not desire to train another team only to have nobody else participate again.

DarkestLight
23rd September 2007, 03:01 PM
No fear Negrek, I'm jumping in on this too. :o So if anything, yoU'll get the astute pleasure of beating me senseless :D

Negrek
28th September 2007, 06:30 PM
Is it just going to be DL, then? Hardly a tournament if there's only two entrants...

DarkestLight
28th September 2007, 06:33 PM
There's still a week. Figure tomorrow is the weekend, people will register, and then again, I'm sure some people may not even say if they're participating in this thread. They'll just send their teams in.

Ideally....:o

Phoenixsong
28th September 2007, 08:45 PM
Ahem... Blade... that's not true. But I shall say no more on the matter, other than shut yo' mouf', foo'.

Not entering this time, sorry. Too lazy to train right now, even though I have multiple reasons for doing so.

mr_pikachu
29th September 2007, 12:57 AM
There's still a week. Figure tomorrow is the weekend, people will register, and then again, I'm sure some people may not even say if they're participating in this thread. They'll just send their teams in.

Ideally....:o

Ideally, yes. Realistically... well, yes.

Nevertheless, we could always use more registrants. How about it, Negrek? Or maybe you, Blade?

(And what Phoenixsong said is quite correct. I won't elaborate any further other than to say that I wasn't initially going to be the sole TD for this tournament.)

Blademaster
29th September 2007, 02:39 AM
Staff
Head TD: mr_pikachu
Assistant TDs: N/A

I calls 'em how I sees 'em, bitches. :hellyeah:

And Hell no I ain't joining. Negrek's unbeatable.

Ask me when you guys have a Breeding Clause, an EV Clause, and a Nature Clause and/or IV Clause; THEN I'll be on the same page and be able to join in; until then, cheerio.

DarkestLight
29th September 2007, 06:46 AM
o.o..::But but..Breeds and gets good Natures at least..and tries for best EV's:: Screw the IV clause, I'm not THAT neurotic about this game xD.

...No offense Negrek xD. My paitence only lasts so long..

mr_pikachu
3rd October 2007, 02:41 AM
Just one day left to register before round one begins! Join in the action!

mr_pikachu
4th October 2007, 05:12 AM
It's time to begin round one! Remember, if you haven't yet registered, there are still three days left to do so...

Remember, everyone, the trainer on the left is responsible for contacting his or her opponent to schedule the match. (But if your opponent doesn't do that, don't just sit back and wait, either.)

ROUND 1

1. Thomas (EngiMatikul) . . . . VS . Negrek (Negrek)
2. Fai-chan (Fai D. Flowright). . . .BYE . . . . . .

Good luck in the first round!

Fai D. Flowright
4th October 2007, 03:45 PM
*goes to corner and waits* ...Well, I guess that means I face the winner. >_> What happened to DarkestLight? Wasn't he supposed to be in this too?

DarkestLight
4th October 2007, 05:22 PM
I sent mine in at like 7 this morn Fai. Sorry bout that x_x. Work kinda caught up with me at the last second.

Fai D. Flowright
4th October 2007, 07:49 PM
Aww, s'ok! If we don't get to battle during this tournament, you and I should still trade friend codes and duke it out for the hell of it sometime! Until then.... *goes back to corner and watches Engi and Neg's battle*

Negrek
4th October 2007, 10:47 PM
I beat Thomas.

Edit: Sorry, that was uncalled for. But that's the second one of those kinds of teams I've had to face on these forums, and I'm getting sick and tired of it.

EngiMatikul
5th October 2007, 08:34 PM
confirming Negrek's win. :V

mr_pikachu
6th October 2007, 11:14 AM
There's still one day left to register... don't miss the deadline!

And Negrek, thank you for taking back your previous comments.

mr_pikachu
7th October 2007, 05:25 AM
Let the second round begin!

ROUND 2

1. Negrek (Negrek) . . . . . . .VS. Fai-chan (Fai D. Flowright)
2. Hikari Meoru (DarkestLight). VS. Thomas (Engimatikul). . . .

STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 1

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . RD 1 . . . TOTAL
1 . Negrek (Negrek). . . . . . . W4 . . . . 1.0
2 . Fai-chan (Fai D. Flowright). ++ . . . . 1.0
3 . Hikari Meoru (DarkestLight). +- . . . . 0.5
4 . Thomas (Engimatikul) . . . . L1 . . . . 0.0

Because we have four entrants this tournament will be shortened to three rounds, which will basically make it a round-robin event. That just makes every battle all the more important...

Negrek
7th October 2007, 12:08 PM
I beat Fai-chan.

Fai D. Flowright
7th October 2007, 12:10 PM
Yuppers... Confirming defeat, as if that wasn't expect... XD

EngiMatikul
9th October 2007, 10:02 PM
I win against DL.

:V

DarkestLight
9th October 2007, 10:04 PM
Yessir, I lost.

mr_pikachu
9th October 2007, 11:09 PM
We now move to the third and final round...

ROUND 3

1. Negrek (Negrek) . . . VS. Hikari Meoru (DarkestLight)
2. Thomas (Engimatikul). VS. Fai-chan (Fai D. Flowright)

STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 2

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .RD 1 . . RD 2 . . . TOTAL
1 . Negrek (Negrek). . . . . . . W2 . . . W3 . . . . 2.0
2 . Thomas (Engimatikul) . . . . L1 . . . W4 . . . . 1.0
3 . Fai-chan (Fai D. Flowright). ++ . . . L1 . . . . 1.0
4 . Hikari Meoru (DarkestLight). +- . . . L2 . . . . 0.5

Best of luck in these crucial final matches!

Negrek
10th October 2007, 05:06 PM
I beat DarkestLight.

DarkestLight
10th October 2007, 06:05 PM
No shock there huh lol. Well next time I'm claiming victory! All shall perish! And I wont be using the six I used this time either!

EngiMatikul
11th October 2007, 12:41 AM
I beat Fai. :V

Fai D. Flowright
11th October 2007, 12:41 AM
....Defeated! XD Oh well, told y'all I had no competitive battle experience. *shrugs* It was fun though!

mr_pikachu
11th October 2007, 01:56 AM
FINAL STANDINGS

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .RD 1 . . RD 2 . . RD 3 . . . TOTAL
1 . Negrek (Negrek). . . . . . . W2 . . . W3 . . . W4 . . . . 3.0
2 . Thomas (Engimatikul) . . . . L1 . . . W4 . . . W3 . . . . 2.0
3 . Fai-chan (Fai D. Flowright). ++ . . . L1 . . . L2 . . . . 1.0
4 . Hikari Meoru (DarkestLight). +- . . . L2 . . . L1 . . . . 0.5

Congratulations to Negrek for going undefeated and taking the title! And thanks for competing, everyone. I hope to see you at the next TPMBL tournament!

DarkestLight
11th October 2007, 06:08 AM
It's on like popcorn next time >> No more mr nice DL. I'm taking names and blood veins!