PDA

View Full Version : Has Anybody Here Heard About Toys 'R' Us's Upcoming Manaphy Giveaway?

Starry Might
24th September 2007, 02:27 PM
That's right, this Saturday at Toys 'R' Us, you can get a special Manaphy!

I first learned about it at Bulbapedia quite awhile ago (I hope I don't get in trouble for posting the following link, since I'm not totally sure if it falls under the "No Links to Other Pokemon Sites" rule here):

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Toys_%27R%27_Us_to_distribute_Manaphy_in_September

September 29th is looming now, and the official Pokemon site has instructions on how to get Manaphy.

Soooooooo...

Is anyone here gonna do it?

Personally, I dunno. I already have Empoleon as my Water-type, so my getting a Toys 'R' Us Manaphy would be more for posterity than utility (unlike my Toys 'R' Us Mew, who serves as my "LeafGreen" team's Psychic-type). Also, my Dad's been working Saturdays lately, and I have a feeling this Saturday may not be an exception. :notfunny:

Negrek
24th September 2007, 02:33 PM
I would love to, but the nearest Toys 'R' Us is like thirty-five miles away, I have no car, and the local bus doesn't go that far. So yeah.

DarkestLight
24th September 2007, 05:16 PM
I already got one from Ranger...but I may try for another one. We'll see how I feel. Had they said Darkrai, well then, that's a different story.

mr_pikachu
24th September 2007, 05:32 PM
I first learned about it at Bulbapedia quite awhile ago (I hope I don't get in trouble for posting the following link, since I'm not totally sure if it falls under the "No Links to Other Pokemon Sites" rule here):

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Toys_%27R%27_Us_to_distribute_Manaphy_in_September

Posting links is totally okay as long they're relevant to the topic and link directly to the story (rather than linking to, say, Bulbagarden's main page and giving people directions to the relevant material). That link's perfectly fine, just so you know.

Thanks for the info! There's a Toys R' Us fairly near me, so it may be worth the quick trip to get a Manaphy. Especially since I never got Ranger despite fully intending to do so. :P

Houndoom_Lover
24th September 2007, 06:17 PM
OOooo!! I have the times for PA! Or Eire that is! September 29th, 12-3pm only ._. I have a wedding to go to on that day...and the anime convention.

Starry Might
25th September 2007, 07:53 AM
Posting links is totally okay as long they're relevant to the topic and link directly to the story (rather than linking to, say, Bulbagarden's main page and giving people directions to the relevant material). That link's perfectly fine, just so you know.
Oh, good. I already kinda knew that, but I just wanted to be ABSOLUTELY sure. :)

Houndoom_Lover
25th September 2007, 03:45 PM
I'm never sure- I just wander around in a certain bliss.

Why are they doing it the 29th!? It's grrrr! Everything is on the 29TH!! Lord!