PDA

View Full Version : Heroes - Season Two [spoilers alert]

Weasel Overlord
25th September 2007, 04:59 PM
Right. I need somewhere to fangirl. I may not live in America, but there's a solution for everything nowadays! :D [disclaimer: expect a mass outbreak of excited capitalisation]

So. Discuss! Episode 1, season 2. ZOMG PETER IS STILL ALIVE!! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!?! And he seems to have no memory too! VERY interesting. I thought he was Sylar first, cos the video was quite dark... ><

Matt had a divorce?! Poor Matt... I love him so much!

And what could Maya's power be!? Hrm hrm hrm.

Who was the guy who killed Sulu!? (Hiro's pa, I don't remember his name, only that he plays Sulu in the new Trek film)

Kensei is a fake!! Hahahaha, I like that guy, he's funny.

Um. Can I think of anything else? Not right now... So. DISCUSS, MINIONS!! Or else...

Ultimate Charizard
25th September 2007, 07:03 PM
As usual things start off freaky wierd and just get more complicated.
(btw, not so hot on all the names, havent caught up with the full series 1 yet)

One thing that bothers me a little about the whole thing in general is how inter-connected everyone is.
Ok, so Peter's Mom knew Hiro's dad and from what we can make from what was said they, along with Peters Dad, Linderman and god knows how many others were part of some secret organistation (probably 'The Company') who Claire's Dad used to work for and of course she happens to really be Nathans Daughter and thus Granddaughter to Angela. In the meantime Claires dad is apparently working with Dr Suresh to bring down the company while looking after the little 'superman Radar girl' thingy with Parkman.....did i miss anyone?

It was pretty much a given that Peter would survive. How he did so will probably be covered in Flashbacks or explained as some sort of Uber-recovery thanks to regeneration not unlike Cell from DBZ hence the memory loss.
Doesnt explain why hes chaiend inside a Cargo container in Ireland though.

Also...at the end there....worst Irish Accent ever.

As for Maya, the vid was too dark to make out any real assumptions though im guessing its something violent since there were some pretty big guys around and she seemed to 'take care ofthem' with minimal fuss. Looks like shes going to be the new Jessica/Niki reluctant homicidal juggernaut type though may come at it from a more sentimental and emotional angle.

*edit* also, isnt it wierd that its two English posters making comments about this first since it hasnt technically aired over here? lol

pokemasterfrank
25th September 2007, 10:29 PM
Don't forget to notice that Peter's wearing the necklace the Haitian was wearing.

MToolen
25th September 2007, 10:30 PM
I guess I'll be the first American to post...

I like the Maya/Alejandro story. It's like it baits me and then hooks me. What relationship do they have? ... Oh. What is her power? ... Oh. Just like that.

I loved the development of Nick Petrelli telling off his mom. Not exactly how I would've done it, but at least it was done.

And I guess I'd have to say that having everything interconnected is somehow enjoyable because I'll see one thing and think of its repercussions across the cast (and probably have such predictions proven wrong, but that's half the fun).

All in all, I can't wait for more and it's only Tuesday.

Weasel Overlord
26th September 2007, 04:45 AM
Don't forget to notice that Peter's wearing the necklace the Haitian was wearing.

Hah, I didn't notice that! Oo, the suspense increases!

UC, you NEED to finish watching the first series! It'll explain eeeverything. Especially about the whole relationship between Angela and Kaito.

...I looked on wiki last night, while I was trying to find out who a random character from some fanfic was... and I saw what Maya's power was! OMG!

She creates a fatal disease in everyone around her, and her brother is the antidote! It's soooo cool!!

Andrew
26th September 2007, 07:26 AM
How did you find out that spoiler?

ALSO! Rado! Peter's mum is such a bitch, but seeing Hiro's dad die :(

Molly, the little girl.. I hope she'll be okay.

Cannot WAIT to see Kirsten Bell on Heroes!

Weasel Overlord
26th September 2007, 07:44 AM
How did you find out that spoiler?

It was on wikipedia. :( That'll teach me to be more careful when looking at character information, lol!

Jeff
28th September 2007, 11:25 PM
Saw it Monday, but I've been waiting until I rewatched it to post comments. I couldn't resist and read some of the pre-season spoilers before seeing it (but I've sworn off of them now), but I must say, plenty of things still caught me by surprise. Kensai is English! I read that he was "not what Hiro expected", but I thought that just meant he was really a coward or something, I wasn't expecting anything like that. I figured Peter was still alive, given the fact that he was able to survive exploding in the "Five Years Gone" timeline, but him losing his memory is an interesting twist, especially considering his power works by him remembering the person that has the power he wants to use IIRC.

It's kind of sad that Kaito got bumped off (quite literally I might add), but his murder does raise an interesting mystery, as has been mentioned: who is it that that killed him? Is it the same person that's the only one who Molly Walker dares not look for? Well, according to the teaser for Mondays episode, Matt will be investigating the murder of "another hero" (most likely Kaito) so we might just find out soon enough.

Ultimate Charizard
29th September 2007, 07:38 AM
Thinking about it the Memory loss for Peter might be how they explain him not going nuclear again. If he cant remember (and isnt re-told) about the nuclear dude (forgot his name) then in theory he cant access his powers.

Did i miss the part where Nathan survived btw? All isaw at end of last series was straight up + boom. Im assuming he just let Peter go and launched him or something but did it ever show that?

Weasel Overlord
29th September 2007, 08:19 AM
Nope, it didn't show that at the end.

Oh! Earlier on, I just remembered a new hero! Remember that guy in Claire's class who keeps going on about whether she's a robot or a sheep? (is that it? iunno) He was levitating/flying at the end of the episode! That was funky. I wonder if he's another flyer like Nathan or whether he has some other funky hidden powers.

Jeff
29th September 2007, 09:51 PM
Alien. Robots go with the heard, aliens are individuals.

OK, the Peter thing. I think Nathan must have survived by getting away from Peter after carrying him far enough up to not harm the city, knowing that Peter can survive the fall back down. I guess they never found him afterwards and assumed that he died. Then at some point the Haitian probably erased Peter's memory and didn't tell anyone he was alive to protect him. So yeah, that's my theory.

As for UC's theory that Peter's memory loss explains him not going nuclear again. Well, remember that he was able to control that power just fine in "Five Years Gone" so there wasn't any need for that power to be erased, and then there's the fact that he can always get it again from Sylar (assuming Sylar is still alive, which IMO is very likely). To me, the memory loss is just an interesting twist that raises more questions than it answers.

Magmar
6th October 2007, 10:55 AM
Four words:

The. Whole. Toe. Thing.

AAAHHH!

Nevertheless Heroes has been making Monday Night Layout Nights a little more bearable...

Weasel Overlord
6th October 2007, 02:06 PM
Aaaah, yes! EW! That grossed me out totally. Blergh. But what was worse was when it grew back!! The little... stub, all poking out at the end and EWWWW!!! *shudders*

I must say, too, I'm really liking Maya and thingy. Brother. I bet their storyline is gonna be sooo interesting!

OH! And how cute was sleeping-in-chair-Matt!? EEEEE!!

DarkestLight
6th October 2007, 04:15 PM
Best show for me right now. As for the whole Peter using powers without being Emopathic-I think the Memory loss gave him a sort of reset-allowing him to use his now-hard-wired abilities as naturally as he uses his absorption skill.

Which is good. I got tired of O NOEZ, BOOM TIME.

Nathan dropped him, I know it. xD I cant wait to see the episode which explains how we got to where we are now.

Also-wouldn't it be funny if the person that killed Kaito and hopefully Anglea turns out to be their weird deformed SG son :O?!?!

Chris 2.1
7th October 2007, 06:03 PM
Four Months Ago
-Am I the only one confused at how Hiro's storyline is running concurrent with the one in 2007? Like, in 2007, everything that ever happens to Hiro will have HAPPENED. Ando's waiting around with Kaito saying "he'll come back" but 1671 has ALREADY HAPPENED. I know alternate timelines and such but its confusing as heck.

-Meh don't really like the brother-sister duo. Ep2 seemed to cement the idea that Maya releases a deadly virus and Alejandro is either immune to it or can neutrlaise it. It just seems like so much of a hindrance. Can't someone drown Maya so she doesnt cause any problems?

-Bob - ALCHEMY! What an awesome power.

-Moo-hinder working for the company. Nice. He works with Mr Bennet! I see. I like his sort of family with Matt and Molly. Like a little gay family. But straight. Poor Molly seems troubled.

-Nathan's face! Monsterface! I think that was due to holding onto Peter who was radioactive for so long. It scarred him. Or maybe he like threw Peter away as he was exploding and Nathan saved his own life. And the scars are like a metaphor for his betrayal.

-The plot twist of someone having a power is getting old. I liked the introduction to Kaito because his strict, businessman persona clashed so much with Hiro's superhero one. It's like a realistic character and a dreamy one. But the fact Kaito is embroiled in this world is confusing. Same with Angela and (I pesume) Daddy Petrelli.

-Whatever Kaito's power was, there was no point in using it against the attacker. Or did he HAVE to die?

-I'd say R.I.P but I'd rather you Rested and Gave us Answers. RGA.

-So Angela has a power. And Charles Devaux must have. Did Simone not have one then? I got the impression it was allll in the genes.

-That West guy is awesome! He reminds me of peter pan at the end.

Overall[b] - Don't really like the ancient feudal japan plot but I'm loving it so far. It would be nice to see more about this guard of oldie heroes. Peter learned electricity, I see? How useful.

[b]Lizards

-Claire you're a sick bitch.

-West saw you!

-I dont really like Noah Bennett.

-So Peter can't use telekinesis to get that box and run the hell away? Peter if you want to tap that 'pretty' irish girl that's fine, but to be fair you are half naked and in another country so try and get your priorities sorted.

-Where's Micah and Nikki? And that stupid DL?

-Ok Peter can phase. He MET DL but he never saw DL use his power and also did not KNOW DL could phase so is it DL he got phasing from? If so that's just crazy since he had to think of DL to use it. Right!?

-Or someone else can phase

-Kensei can heal! Interesting. Not interesting enough though :(

-Uhoh Haitain is dying. He's like Eko from Lost. Whoo Moohinder saved him.

-I LIKE THE GOLD MAN. What else can he do!?

-Haha Angela + Kaito. Kaitangela. I get the impression, given how manipulative and cunning these older gen ones were, that at least one had some form of future seeing or precognition as a power.

-Claires biology teacher is blatantly hellbent on raising a new species of lizardmen.

I forget the rest. Can't wait for ep 3!

DarkestLight
7th October 2007, 06:21 PM
Quick points.

Four Months Ago

-Meh don't really like the brother-sister duo. Ep2 seemed to cement the idea that Maya releases a deadly virus and Alejandro is either immune to it or can neutrlaise it. It just seems like so much of a hindrance. Can't someone drown Maya so she doesnt cause any problems?

Only then her blood would spread..bad.

-Nathan's face! Monsterface! I think that was due to holding onto Peter who was radioactive for so long. It scarred him. Or maybe he like threw Peter away as he was exploding and Nathan saved his own life. And the scars are like a metaphor for his betrayal.

--Uhh that face was Peter in the mirror, Nathan was having a recollection moment. >>

-Whatever Kaito's power was, there was no point in using it against the attacker. Or did he HAVE to die?

--Dun think Kaito has a power now.

-So Angela has a power. And Charles Devaux must have. Did Simone not have one then? I got the impression it was allll in the genes.

--Still not keen on what her power is, but you already knew Charles had a power from last season :o Simone might have gotten skipped...but...

Overall[b] - Don't really like the ancient feudal japan plot but I'm loving it so far. It would be nice to see more about this guard of oldie heroes. Peter learned electricity, I see? How useful.

S'not electricity. Its a non-nuclear EMP like discharge, its still Ted's power.

[b]Lizards

-So Peter can't use telekinesis to get that box and run the hell away? Peter if you want to tap that 'pretty' irish girl that's fine, but to be fair you are half naked and in another country so try and get your priorities sorted.

-Where's Micah and Nikki? And that stupid DL?

-Ok Peter can phase. He MET DL but he never saw DL use his power and also did not KNOW DL could phase so is it DL he got phasing from? If so that's just crazy since he had to think of DL to use it. Right!?

Peter has Amnesia, and so by some weird mechanics, all the powers he was able to gather from last season are kinda hard wired into his body-becoming his natural set of abilities. My thing is--can he absorb any more powers, or does he need his memory back to get his true power back?

Secondly, DL was in the vicinity when Peter was fighting Sylar, as was Niki, Micah and Molly. I assume Peters range of Absorbtion is far larger than just being next to someone, as he was able to absorb DL's and Niki's (though she was close to him...)

-Haha Angela + Kaito. Kaitangela. I get the impression, given how manipulative and cunning these older gen ones were, that at least one had some form of future seeing or precognition as a power.

Or Hiro's their love baby and is half brothers with Peter and Nathan. How cool would that be!

I forget the rest. Can't wait for ep 3!

Same here!

Chris 2.1
7th October 2007, 07:42 PM
Fine someone should suffocate Maya. Is the black liquid her blood, or is it tears, since they come from her eyes when she is emotionally distressed? Hmm.

I thought he saw his own face in the mirror....nevermind.

Kaito must have a power if he was in all this crap. What I meant was, either his power couldn't help against his attacker, or he knew he had to die. I think the former.

I know we saw Charles exhibit something in the finale but has his power been confirmed?

Jeff
8th October 2007, 08:03 AM
I don't think so, but if I had to guess I'd say he has the ability to enter and control peoples dreams. If the power involved him separating his soul from his body, that can explain how he cheated death.

And what is Angela's power? If you mean when she told Matt to get out of her head, I think she just figured out that he can read minds and was just thinking it loud, no special power there.

So now Bennett and the Hatian have been reunited to continue their mind-erasing adventures. And in the preview for tonight's episode, was that... Sylar!? If so can't wait, eh either way I can't wait!

Chris 2.1
10th October 2007, 01:27 PM
Ep 3 was good. Some things left unresolved like what the hell happened to Angela, Nathan in general, the murder mystery. I was also dissapointed at Candice's death, especially after the potential partnership with Sylar. Talking of which i liked the tie-in with Candice's comic about her actual appearence.

Niki working for the company? Interesting, but is it Jessica or her Super-Strength she wants eradicated? The HRG painting was interesting. Does Isaac paint anything else other than deaths? Its becoming a bit of a stale plot device. "ANOTHER PAINTING - OOO WHO DIES THIS TIME!??"

Micahs relative is probably one of the old heroes. She had that vibe, you know?

I actually liked Maya's story. Using her power voluntarily to free Alejandro. It was interesting. Also is that Claires old car the American dude had!?

Mohinder realises he's sort of trapped by The Company......its like Matt said, two people taking down the company? And since when was HRG so amazing? "If I'm alive, you'll be fine" - mate you're in Costa Verde and Mohinder's in NY. And you work in a paper shop. YOU CAN DO NOTHING.

If only they employed Maya to infect everyone in The Company with the virus. Tsch. If only.

Wehay Sylar is lost.

NEXT EP: Nathan and Parkman TEAM UP! Cheers for shaving the beard off Nate. I wanna learn about the monster face. And the Old Guard. And so much! Except the Hiro plot. Couldn't. Care.

EDIT OMGZOR! SYLAR MEETS MAYA AND ALEJANDRO NEXT EP! OHMYGOD! He says he's going to help them........but he wouldnt want HER power, would he!? Also can he SENSE people with powers? Also this Monica Girl seems to be able to mimic things, judging by her amazing powerr kick or whatever.

Weasel Overlord
11th October 2007, 10:31 AM
OoooOOOoooo, lots of kissy kissy in THAT episode! Damn, West is hot!

I like Mohinder/Matt more and more... They argue like an old married couple! XD

Maya's powers... I dunno... it is me, or does her black tears of doom remind anyone else of Jesus? Sorta... I'm not sure. It just feels very religiousy.

Sylar... when he was laying on that deckchair in whereveritwas, he was yummy. The rest of the time he was back to being scary old madman Sylar, lol! (I don't only watch this show for the eye candy... honest! There just happens to be a lot of it in there, hehehe ¬_¬) And I wonder why he couldn't use his powers! Oooh, hahaa, I love the little ticky-ticky noise he got goin' on though. That's awesome.

I agree with you about Micah's relative, Chris. She seems mystical. Although I didn't catch what relation she was. Also, OH MY GOD, DL'S DEAD!! When did that happen!? THAT made me upset, that did. Maybe I'm being dense, lol, but I really don't remember him... oh, wait... no, never mind. He died after he took that bullet for Niki... DUUUH!! *slaps head*

Umumum, WHY DOES HIRO ALWAYS HAVE THE SAD LOVE STORIES!? Poor Hiro. He should get the girl he loves at least once! Horrible writers. I'm really enjoying the Kensei storyline too, actually. In fact, hell, I'm loving every single episode. Heroes is the best! :D And I got such goosebumps when Ando found the little notes from Hiro. :D That was soooo cool!

Chris 2.1
11th October 2007, 11:42 AM
Apparently because the sword went right into Sylars spinal chord, his nerves have been damaged and that was why he cannot acceses his powers. Candice must still be with the company, I presume? Cool she was dragged off. So excited to see Sylar interact with Mayalejandro next ep. Do you think Alejandro might get killed off? Hmm.

RUMOUR: The Boogeyman turns out to be Bob, the Alchemy guy who is also MATTS DAD <--- doubt it though.

I think MysticallyUsedToBeInStarTrekWoman is Micahs Great Aunt. And IIRC DL didn't die at the end of S1. He musta died during the 4 months that passed; I'm sure, after S1, everyone was going crazy at whether DL or Matt died from thier gunshot wounds.

Is it just me, or has anyone else begun seeing heroes and going "Crap. I hope Sylar doesn't steal THEIR power. Like Claire. Matt (eek!). Peter (SHIT). Nathan/West (....yikes!) Hiro (HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF JESUS)........and Candice - oh....

I hope to god Sylar doesnt reap the benefits of Candice's brain. He'd pretty much be almost unstoppable. Also is it just me, or have we never learned exactly HOW he absorbs power? Does he eat brains?

PS I read Molly's dad was killed by being frozen to death, it was in like Ep2 or something. If thats the case, and abilities seem to be passed down (Claire, Micah, Nathan/Peter, Hiro) then Molly's dad must have been the one who could freeze water. Remember when Sylar froze Hiro's Sword? Bin-go.

sorry if you all realised that.

I hope Claires BioMom comes back.

Jeff
11th October 2007, 03:46 PM
DL's gravestone said that he died in 2007, the events at the end of season 1 took place in November, 2006 (right after the election), so he at least survived a couple of months (unless the year on the gravestone was an outright plothole).

Wow, who wasn't hooking up at the end of that episode? Peter I saw coming, Claire and North would have surprised me if I had just stayed away from the spoilers.

And something I noticed, so far events seem to be fitting into how they ended up in "Five years gone" sans the explosion and Ando getting killed of course. Now remember Sylar had the ability to phase in that episode, and like I said, DL's gravestone said 2007, at least 2 months after he was shot. Maybe it wasn't the bullet that killed him...

Edit: Eh, never mind, I forgot Sylar was unconscious for the past four months.

MToolen
11th October 2007, 10:26 PM
Hmm... I can't place it. Is it Nathan or Peter in the mirror? The casting directors sure know how to pick people who look like each other when half their face is singed off. The picture, kindly linked in mid-September by Absath of Ctrl+Alt+Del (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com), shows the shot.

http://heroes-pictures.com/albums/captures/2x01/730.jpg

In other parts, I think the Maya/Alejandro storyline is too mundane, even for being only done three times. Oh no, they're in trouble. Oh no, Maya's alone with people. Oh no, they died.

Chris 2.1
12th October 2007, 06:57 AM
Luckily theres a good chance Sylar will kill one of them next ep, and that could make things interesting. Well, if he kills Maya it won't, since Alejandro cannot do anything. But if he kills Alejandro, then Maya would need to stay with Sylar.

Umm I think it is definitely Nathan. It's his facial structure; Peter has a more rounded face, Nathan's is set and straight. Also the fact that...well, it's a mirror. I expect Nathan, without the ability to heal like Peter, was affected by the radiation or heat Peter gave off when the two flew up into the sky.

Weasel Overlord
16th October 2007, 06:23 PM
Mmm, I approve of Nathan's shaving move. Very nice. And oh my god, how scary is nightmare-man!! And the fact that he's Matt's dad too, my word my word. I still wonder what Nathan's mum's power is, I think it could be something to do with the mind, personally.

And oooh, Gabriel is a naughty boy. I love it when he does the ticky ticky thing. And oh, how much did I laugh when he said "golly!" That TOTALLY cracked me up! Hahaha, Gabey you silly boy. Can you tell I'm rather fond of him?

And ooooh, Monica seems to have a funky power! I can't wait to see what else she can do. And Micah, bless him. He's absolutely adorable!

And my fancying of Matt seems to intensify every week... I don't understand it! I normally NEVER go for slightly chubby people! o.O

'Pologies for all the fangirling about the eye candy... I can't hellllp itttt!!

[psst: any English people who're having trouble with tv-links and co., try fanpop, it worked perfectly for me. It uses youtube, so there's no problem with buffering. :D]

Chris 2.1
16th October 2007, 06:40 PM
God this ep was HASSLE to get my sticky hands on.

-The original 12. Interesting. I am shocked Nana isn't on there, or even Niki's dad. I guess the only new reveal was Matt's dad
-Molly is trapped in her head?
-IMHO I think Matt's Dad isn't evil; he knew The Company could track people using Molly so he resorted to scaring and intimidating her so that she would be against trying to find him again.
-Where is Peter?
-No Hiro. That's a good thing since I'm finding that story boring
-I liked the Maya scene because it involved more than 'conversation about America/illness/Suresh' - 'problem' - 'maya cries 'ALEJANDRO!' - 'maya cries' - people die - 'alejandro saves the day'. It was good to see her happy, and smiling. She's gorgeous!
-I can only see Alejandro/Maya being useful IF Al's power is essentially a cure for the virus that's killing off heroes. But it isnt.
-Angela Petrelli is so intriguing! In a series where everyone has powers, its so exciting trying to figure out what power she may have. Knowing she has one, but not knowing what...
-Nathan's a cool guy.
-Claires story is kinda interesting I know she has to be away from the 'action' since she's in hiding so IMHO we needn't have her for a few eps. It would have been cool introducing her midway into this season when she is needed.
-I think Sylar may spend this season regaining his powers, or a large arc anyway
-Monica is brilliant! I like her power, very cool and she's a nice character. "Girl, how'm I gon get pregnant lookn like THIS 2 shifts a day?" I laughed.
-Micah tried fixing Monica's dreams. TECHNOPATH, not THERAPIST.
-Nana's a whiny sour old bitch isnt she? I expected her to be all nice and warm and, well, like a Nana.
-Damon is a nob.

DarkestLight
16th October 2007, 06:42 PM
>> Ok. Seriously

1) Matt PArkman has now become my third Fav character. His Father being the evil guy is fantastic, and what makes me wonder...is he merely trying to keep his child safe because of all the bad crap that's coming his way? Maybe he's hindering Molly's power so some REAL killer won't find her..

though Sylar's still around. and that brings me to..

#2) Sylar is a badass. Str8 up and down. And once I heard the tick-tock of the clock, that got my heart pounding -cause that means he's getting better all the time...

#3) I'm actually glad Maya and Alejando is speeding along now. Though I dun want Alejandro to die, but he might, just to keep the cast small.

#4) New Orleans version of Charlie-YES! And how I bet you they're gonna link it to some sort of N'awleans Voodoo.

#5) XD @ the new comic strip and Kensei's challenge! Chuffa chuffa!

#6) Nathan and Matt tag-team, I can see Nathan just Bursting through a window en route for Peter after finding Matt's dad.

#7) Kill West. Please. I hate him. I'm not a uber Claire Fanboy-I just hate West. He just...bugs me.

#8) Ukraine! Let's GOOOO! LETS GET THE RUSSIANS!

#9) Thank god he got rid of that beard.

#10) I wanna know what his kids can do >> Nathan's kids. They gotta be pimps

#11) Kristen Bell shows up next week, and I'm really not keen on what she can do (as in , I know what she can do, I'm not spoiling it, but I'm miffed that it changes my theory about Peter's *new* ability.)-but I may as well give her a change, right? Was getting tired of all her hoopla.

#12) 619!!!!! XDXDXD Funniest moment ever!!!

>> Damn, that was alot. I love this show. N_N

Chris 2.1
17th October 2007, 06:33 AM
Apparently Monica's power is photographic reflexes; she can copy any physical movement she witnesses. Did you see that close up of the wrestling move imprinted on Monica's eye?

A definite favourite.

Ultimate Charizard
17th October 2007, 10:34 AM
So the writers have been watching Naruto since she has the Sharingan.

Trekkie
17th October 2007, 01:57 PM
So the writers have been watching Naruto since she has the Sharingan.

I hope they give somebody the Byakugan.

DarkestLight
17th October 2007, 04:18 PM
Did they really call it that Chris? I thought it was a re-using of Charlie's power-which was fricking sweet, thank you very much. Memorization of anything she sees/reads. I thought they might be leaning that way with it.

Chris 2.1
17th October 2007, 05:31 PM
I don't think its been given an official name, like the twins powers; but I've seen it called that on the net. Monica can physically replicate any action she sees, whereas Charlie could memorise anything she saw.

Ps: Saw an old graphic novel explaining why Sylar killed Charlie: He was trying to drive away from Texas in a truck but needed to learn the userguide so he could drive it properly. So he used her Ecidic (sp) Memory to learn the contents of the manual quickly.

Crystalmaster Mike
18th October 2007, 12:09 PM
Okay, so I'm not going to stay on this thread long, even being here this one minute made me read at least one spoiler, lol.
But I think that today's Heroes graphic novel earns to be mentioned. It's Heroes meeting Manga, people!!

Chuffa chuffa? (http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/downloads/Heroes_novel_055.pdf)

I think that the cute sidekick in this comic is hilariously kawaii!

Trekkie
18th October 2007, 02:31 PM
I have a few theories about Monica I want to get out

1. Monica keeps watching wrestling w/ Mikah's help(awesomest power yet)

2. Monica goes into a wrestling tournament/competition

3. Monica uses money to go to college in CALIFORNIA

4. Monica meets Claire

1+2+3+4=awesome season
P.S. correct me if I'm wrong, but is it possible for Maya and Alejandro to get to California
PP.S I think Mr. Bennet is gonna be killed at end of season by either West or Claire

Trekkie
19th October 2007, 11:41 PM
SORRY FOR DUB POSTING, BUT IT HAS BEEN A WHLE
RUMOUR: The Boogeyman turns out to be Bob, the Alchemy guy who is also MATTS DAD <--- doubt it though.

How can they be the same person if they were both in the photograph? Matts pa is the boogeydude and Bob is Bob

ryandude713
20th October 2007, 03:01 AM
It's kind of sad that Kaito got bumped off (quite literally I might add), but his murder does raise an interesting mystery, as has been mentioned: who is it that that killed him?

I'm actually under the impression that it was the guy Claire is dating. The reason I say this, is because of that little tidbit Parkman's partner said about the culprit "flying away". That would be a feasible argument for his involvement, because there was no body other than Kaito's at the scene, and it could explain why the culprit so openly threw himself at Kaito.
As a character, he is really shady. I'm thinking he's working for the guy that turns things into gold. He approached Claire when she first got to the school, and blatantly stalked her until he found out she had a power. He's been throwing out information to incriminate Noah, and they are leading us to believe that he is going to be the cause of Noah's death.

Trekkie
20th October 2007, 09:21 AM
I'm actually under the impression that it was the guy Claire is dating. The reason I say this, is because of that little tidbit Parkman's partner said about the culprit "flying away". That would be a feasible argument for his involvement, because there was no body other than Kaito's at the scene, and it could explain why the culprit so openly threw himself at Kaito.
As a character, he is really shady. I'm thinking he's working for the guy that turns things into gold. He approached Claire when she first got to the school, and blatantly stalked her until he found out she had a power. He's been throwing out information to incriminate Noah, and they are leading us to believe that he is going to be the cause of Noah's death.

1st I think that the original heroes are right about it being one of them, like Matt's pa (cough:boogeyman cough)
2nd I wouldn't say West would work for Bob because he was abducted by the same company, of course he could be trying to infiltrate it just like Matt and Suresh

Weasel Overlord
20th October 2007, 12:32 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't think there's some sort of hidden conspiracy to do with West? I hate reading too deep into stuff, personally.

His anger at the abduction seemed real enough to me. I'm interested in how Noah will continue to react to his impending death. It's kinda amusing seeing him revert back into evil-specs-man now that he knows he's gonna die.

Trekkie
20th October 2007, 12:44 PM
I just had another thought come to me. Do you remember the boy Suresh found in India? He could get into peoples' dreams. Was he killed off or is it possible for him to get into Molly's head right now?

Chris 2.1
20th October 2007, 07:29 PM
I agree. West is just a slightly geeky kid who is eager to find someone who shares the same pain as him.

The rumor about Bob being Matt's dad was around before Ep 4, which proved he cannot be.

But I HAVE heard that Elle, the character introduced in Ep5, is related to HRG/Claire. I'm guessing maybe HRG's younger sister? May explain HRG's initial intrigue with Heroes or something.. It isnt confirmed, however.

Trekkie
20th October 2007, 10:47 PM
omg i just saw a scene from Monday's Heroes on the tonight show where Nathan goes w/ Matt to meet his pa. Doesn't give away much, but I think he doesn't know anything about Molly. Could it be something from the same apartment or an interference framing Parkman Sr.

Chris 2.1
23rd October 2007, 11:59 AM
Ep 5 - best episode of the season!

We meet Elle, the sexy Company worker with lightening as her power. Her killing Ricky was very cool. Her character is awesome; she's so....damaged, half the time being an innocent girl and the next being a cruel sadist. I loved it when she went "ok, cool!" when she was told Peter wasnt around, before walking away and suddenly saying "thing is though...someone told me he was." Nice to learn she;s working for her Daddy - Bob, maybe?

Nathan and Matt's storyline is fantastic. Nathan would make a good cop, and the two have a great dynamic. Matt's Father being able to read minds too was interesting, although it seems to be a more powerful form, being able to insert thoughts and scenarios into other peoples minds.

Bob's marked photo = uh oh.

SO GLAD WE DIDNT SEE CRAPPY CLAIRE STORYLINE. She doesnt need to be in every ep, good work writers :)

The nightmares were excellent; Nathan's monster face is like his conscience, I think. Not a Niki/Jessica thing.

Preview for next week: The episodes are getting INTERESTING!

-Sylar openly admits he's going to kill Maylajandro.
-Monica gets cured!?
-Bob plans on killing someone because their power is too dangerous. Niki?
-HRG kills someone. Presumably his mentor, since thats who he visits in 0206.
-Claire does something to some cheerleaders!?

So excited. Heroes is absolutely amazing!

Trekkie
23rd October 2007, 02:48 PM
I admit the episode was better than the rest b/c of no Claire, but I have drawn a blank for almost all characters now. There is one thing, though. How does Peter have the lightning ability?(they did mention it) I think Elle is related to Peter somehow. One more thing, I know this wouldn't apply to Elle, but what if Mrs. Petrelli and the Gaysian had a child together. Nice thought, huh?

DarkestLight
23rd October 2007, 04:05 PM
Peter met Elle sometime before now-since she's looking for him. He absorbed it then and didn't know he had it.

Elle really...kinda pissed me off. I was expecting more form all the damn hoopla they gave her, and what she do, fry one guy. Good going Halle Berry...

Peter using the painting power again, FANTASTIC! I WANNA KNOW WHERE THEY GO! Montreal=FANTASTIC! 2 TICKETS! Like how do the writers think that up! To include 2 tickets for a plothole like 3 months down the line!

Gaysian xD Yeah I think that too Hiro related to Peter/Nathan=Awesome!

YES! KILL HER! I CAN'T STAND MAYA NOW! But what happens if Alejandro refuses? Sylar can kill him yes, but I've never seen Sylar use two abilities at once. Ever. So I dun think he can feasibly use the deathtears AND the cure at the same time to keep himself in check...

Chris 2.1
23rd October 2007, 06:28 PM
I guess if Sy kills Alejandro he can controll Maya's power, in that HE decides who is saved from her. So I guess it makes SOME sense.

I agree Elle was hyped but she's scheduled for 13+ episodes.I thought it was a great introductory thing. Plus Kristen Bell is soo fit and generally spooky.

Jeff
1st November 2007, 01:55 PM
I just re-watched Monday's episode. What an ending! It seems that New York is once again in certain peril, but what exactly caused the evacuation? Sylar with Maya's power, or a mutation of the virus perhaps? And what about Hiro? There were so many cliffhangers, I'm probably going to lose sleep until Monday.

DarkestLight
1st November 2007, 06:40 PM
Yes quite the spell binding episode.

I'm really thinking now that Sylar was infected with that virus :O. You know, the one that's killing people. Only I think it was able to rob him of most of his powers-because even when his little clicking sound starts, its all like..disjointed, I dunno. Sounds like a springs loose.

But yeah, the cliffhangers are crazy. And the paintings! Yes for the paintings! Boo to Niki being an agent now and lets hurry up and get Matt and Nathan back in this mix!

Chris 2.1
1st November 2007, 07:03 PM
Thoughts:
-So is Maya going to become evil? Will Sylar turn her into his little apprentice? So so so so so exciting.
-Is Niki being used to like, beat Moh up if he argues with Bob?! Also what did she cure, I presume Jessica, not her super strength? And how!?
-So the city is evacuated. According to previews 93% of the population will die in the future because of the virus.
-Is this like 5 Years Gone or do we have present day stories too?
-Kensei might just be evil. I can see him being this Adam Monroe. He is immortal, therefore could have lived through 400 years without aging. He looks company-esque, and could have pushed Kaito off and survived since he can heal. He's targetting the old heroes because they did something to him (maybe the company imprisoned him because he was a threat, being immortal, the same thing they apparently want to do with Claire?) and he's gone after them or somethng.

Its all getting very exciting! But will the virus last the entire series, or will it be a smaller arc? We're only on episode 6.

PNT510
1st November 2007, 08:18 PM
I think the virus story(or the bulk at least) just goes up until episode 9. In interviews it's been said the first season was "Volume 1" and season 2 would have 2 Volumes with the first ending with episode 9 and episode 10 being the start of "Volume 3".

Jeff
4th November 2007, 09:27 PM
Episode 11 actually. That would have been the last episode before the mid-season hiatus, but if this Hollywood strike doesn't get settled tonight, it'll end up marking the end of the season. :(

Chris 2.1
6th November 2007, 11:32 AM
EP 7 WAS AMAZING!

The flashforward was sucky, but I guess Caitlin and her continent-sized forehead is stuck in the future now. Yay!

Nathan, Matt, Bob, Niki, Mohinder etc all fighting Maury was absolutely awesome! Matt's powers are becoming 1333337 and its really cool to watch him turn the tables on his bumbling dad.

The clever twist about the virus was good. No cutting yourself open now, Mohind, it's IMMUNE TO YOUR BLOOD.

Clare can save the world! How good to get her from Costa Boring and into the story again.

Plz save nikki :) She's a cool character, she can do more than be tormented to shreds by various dead people (ps: Hey DL!) let her do stuff! PS why didn't Bob turn the door to gold and then Nikki couldnt break open? Or can he just turn metals to gold. Also was that where the Mendez of her banging the door came from?

Kensei is blatantly not dead.

*later*

Oh look! Takezo Kensei! And you're called Adam?

I didn't get the thing Bob said about Adam. Can he freeze water?

W00p at Mohinders story. Kill Bennett, he's an absolute jackass anyway and he is using you. I can really identify with the conflict so good work guys.

Preview for Ep 8

-Looks amazing
-Angela reveals secrets to Heidi? Lets hear about Angelas power :)
-Haitain speaks funny
-Elle zapps Peter in the face playfully. I love her character :D Bob is blates her dad.

*Duke*
6th November 2007, 12:12 PM
I agree completely, the first couple of episodes seemed kind of disappointing but episode 7 finally put a few things into perspective. Saw Kensei’s anti hero role pop up, wasn’t until he stayed in the tent with the explosions about to go off that the whole, hey wait a minute, can regenerate from wounds, probably survived not only that but ages slowly that I thought, damnit he’s got to be Adam. Though from the preview it looks like he and Peter shared a cell after he blew up, survived and was put into lock down like Adam; Adam probably started talking and since Peter knew nothing about him probably convinced him they needed to escape. The company probably helped with the lock down with lightning girl as one of the supervisors and then somehow overpowered her. The Hassian then probably having to step in and try and control Peter sending him in that crate to Ireland, while facing off against Adam or something. Nikki and Claire are really starting to piss me off. First of Claire needs to stop being a selfish little twat and actually think, hey my dad two a few gunshot wounds and a full on memory whipe for me and all he’s asking is for me to lay low as opposed to be waving my pom poms in the air screaming, I’m over here! That and Nikki’s I’m doing this for my son bull is a little annoying but I was really hoping that DL would become a part of her schizophrenia since Jessica probably was either suppressed or Nikki found a way to coexist with her. I think West is becoming a stalker, with his whole, hey I smell waffles…oh there at the front door, not creepy at all. Though I’m beginning to think that the painting of Noah getting shot is actually from Mohinder, with his whole I don’t know who to trust anymore. The beauty of all of this is that Adam with all of his knowledge from what Hiro told him and for just living for so damn long; even though he could have killed young Hiro, he must have known that revenge would be sweeter for when he not only killed his father but would take the world down along with him. With Adam he’s just about the best manipulative bastard to get all those around him to fight for him though I imagine this is going to be a Hiro/ Adam showdown with swords a blazing.

Chris 2.1
6th November 2007, 12:17 PM
The thing is, even with a Charlie-esque memory, will Adam even remember Hiro? I mean he's 400 years old o_0;;

I agree Nikki is doing everything for her son. But isn't that what Noah is doing too? He's just not as submissive towards his weaknesses. I like Niki a lot more than Noah for some reason. I think Claire doesnt trust her father since she knows he abducted West and clearly caused the boy a lot of distress. But now I think West will avoid her because he thinks he's set up.

I also think Peter and Adam broke out together after he absorbs Elle's lightening. Everything else is summed up, really.

Weasel Overlord
6th November 2007, 04:36 PM
Dammit, I haven't got to see episode 6 yet!! Every link is being silly. But we got impatient, so we moved on to 7 and OH MY GOD OH MY GODDDDD...

MATT ROCKS! He totally OWNED his pa! Hahaha, that'll teach the old fool!

KENSEI IS ADAM!! *dies* This show gets better and better every week, I swear. It's like crack. I NEED EPISODE 8!! NEEEEED ITTT!!!

And now I'm gonna leave, cos I'm too incoherent right now. XD

Chris 2.1
6th November 2007, 08:31 PM
fanpop worked ok for me....

PNT510
7th November 2007, 12:03 AM
The thing is, even with a Charlie-esque memory, will Adam even remember Hiro? I mean he's 400 years old o_0;;

I definitely think he will remember Hiro. The man who showed him he has powers, then betrays him, and finally leaves him for dead kinda hard to forget even if it has been hundreds of years.

DarkestLight
7th November 2007, 05:55 AM
Omg, Im really slow.

#1 Hiro/Hana/Adam) From what we now know, yes Adam is quite possibly the worst-best bad guy ever.

After he gave that Edict to Hiro, I immediately screamed with glee as he was Adam Monroe. And it fit so well as Hiro didn't break the timeline at all! He WAS the timeline. And he STILL IS Kensei as far as history is concerned.

So weird, to hear about yourself growing up and you have no idea of it..omg the paradox ;_;! Adam basically lived on, stewing and started this company, ..somehow made friends with Hiro Nakamura's father... realized whom Hiro was prolly at the onset of birth, and JUST WOW!

Having the resources over 400 years-he could have just collected treasures-and with Linderman, Bob, Drucker and Maury's help over the years, amassed awesome wealth. Drucker leaves the squad, starts his SA Diaspora-has a son there, but leaves and hides out in Bhutan- leaving Linderman the Takezo Kensai treasure...(that's possibly the whole Hana/Alejandro/Maya storyline as far as I can make it to fix into this.)

And then we get to the paintings. We've seen 3 more. Peter in the future-Yay no more D.J.! Niki banging on the door, though I think Bob knew his power wasn't gonna stop her. and Hiro vs Kensai.

That leaves three...I believe. Numbers 7 and 8. and I don't remember #2.

#2 Peter/Niki/Claire/Noah: Loving the fact that Peter now has:
Electricity
Mind Wiping
Alchemy
Immortality! Imm-mor-tal-i-frickin-ty!

Company snagging him. Haitian telling him about how he has his secret. I just KNOW he mind-wiped Peter and that's why Peter's memory was all bonkers for so long. But Peter still has alot to remember. And I knew he already had Claires power-but I think that due to the mind-wipe, and him not remembering WHEN he got them, they became baseline abilities and are now able to evolve within him, so he probably got a boost in evolution from Adam's power being 400 years of awesome.

Bringing me to Noah-whom I love about being a bad guy again! ..Hope he kills West. Sick of West. Glad he ran away like a dead beat dad. Twas utterly fantastic.

And lastly Niki. Thank GOD we find out what happened to DL. Company prolly killed him to test the damn virus on -.- That's so uncool. Niki....I think..is going to do the best thing ever in this show.

Die. No seriously. I want her to die. If she is the cause of the outbreak by like..catching a cold and transmuting it virally...yo she better get nuked. Fast.

All in ALL. EP 8 IS HERE AND THE WORLDS WILL COLLIDE WITH THE AWESOMENESS OF THE PAST! I CAN'T FRICKIN WAIT

Weasel Overlord
7th November 2007, 06:19 AM
Mm, well I tried Fanpop originally Chris, but all the links last week were either from that annoyingly slow youku site or a veoh one that stopped after 5 minutes. :( And because I was using it as an incentive to write more, I didn't see it on Tuesday cos I got distracted by Supernatural marathons. Doh! It's okay, I'll get it when I go home on Friday. :D Hurrah for home-trips!

Also, here's an interesting thing. Does everyone think that Kensei/Adam was blown up in the tent but survived cos of his powers, or is it that Hiro removed him from the blast? Cos I wouldn't have thought he'd want to leave Kensei in the past where he could hurt Yaeko, and I'm SURE there was a lack of delay in the burning of the floor and the explosion. Personally, I think Hiro teleported Kensei away, perhaps to the future (maybe that's how he escaped from the prison!) and then teleported back and took the mask as a sort of souvenir, as if to prove that he was dead when he really wasn't. Cos don't you think that if Kensei was still alive in the past, he'd really try to make good on his promise to Hiro? After all, he DID say that he'd destroy everything he loved.

That's what I think, anyway. ^_^

Chris 2.1
7th November 2007, 06:47 AM
I don't know how it will be explained but I assume Adam/Kensei suffered immense pain and destruction from the blast - remember Claire in company man? She was all black and charred for a few minutes and gradually regenerated. This could have taken a few months or years for Adam to 'grow back' if he had to say, grow a new body from his head o_0'' *hates thinking about it*

I also think he will have an edge in that, over the 400 years, he has a higher pain tolerance (ie claire mentioned she still feels SOME pain) and he is not as easily hurt. I wonder if, due to so many injuries, it affects his nerves in someway? So that he doesnt RESPOND to pain. Sorry going off topic. Anyway you saw Peter blast the lightening and instantly the hand charred and healed. I think Adam's healing is VERY fast.

So in short, after 400 years:
-Adam's healing is faster
-He tolerates pain more

What a baddie. How can they kill him? Can he still drown, like if you sank him underwater would he be able to like breathe? I assume since nothing is being damaged or deteriorating, he cant really heal can he?

Or, I dunno, jus bury him alive *shrug*

DarkestLight
14th November 2007, 06:11 PM
o.O Hrm. Kinda silent. How's everyone feeling about this weeks episode?

Nathanstein was awesome. I'll leave it at that.

PNT510
14th November 2007, 06:32 PM
The Peter/Adam story was really interesting. It's nice to see why that burned face Nathan was always popping up. Also cool to see more of Elle.

DL/Nikki was better than I was expecting, although kinda predictable because we already knew DL was dead.

Maya and her brother were boring like always. At least we know exactly why they are running.

Chris 2.1
14th November 2007, 07:26 PM
Ok so Maya's story made the massacre in Kill Bill look tame. It was hella cool. But my problem with their storyline is as follows:

Every week, or every appearence, Maya gets upset, cries, kills people and moans 'ALEJANDRO!' as he cures them and helps Maya.

That's it. Once, (I don't even remember the episode), Alejandro threatened not to save Sylar, and once Maya used her powers on purpose, but their tweaks in story development are engulfed by other stories such as Nathan and Peter, the acceleration and development of the Mohinder/HRG plot etc etc.

But the episode was dealing with the past. Cool. I really enjoyed it, seeing Elle and Bob fit into the past, seeing Niki's new personality was interesting, and Peter and Adam's story put all Peter's pieces together.

My gripes:

-Where is Sylar? We know Candice helped him but what was he doing in those 4 months? Why was he taken....couldnt they have locked him up like they did with Peter?
-Matt had no backround so we never really learned about his divorce, his sudden homoeroticism with Mohinder and his adopting Molly.
-How did the Haitan become so pally with the company after he betrayed them last series? In the heroes timeline he seems to be working with them about a week later
-I would have also like to have seen Ando/Kaito stuff between that time.
-I also thought it was ironic that we were told "No! Wait! DL wasnt killed by that bullet!" only for him to be shot by an entirely different one soonafter. Niki's alterego should have killed him for trying to take her home. But hey.

Otherwise next ep looks fantastic. Noah and Mohinder's clash is so clever and so well constructed; I can totally see both sides of it, although I do go with Mo a bit more really.

Jeff
15th November 2007, 08:11 AM
-Where is Sylar? We know Candice helped him but what was he doing in those 4 months? Why was he taken....couldnt they have locked him up like they did with Peter?
I'm sure we'll find out later.

-Matt had no backround so we never really learned about his divorce, his sudden homoeroticism with Mohinder and his adopting Molly.
Go back and watch last week's episode, at least I think it was last week's episode. Matt explained it. He divorced his wife because that baby she was pregnant with wasn't his.

-How did the Haitan become so pally with the company after he betrayed them last series? In the heroes timeline he seems to be working with them about a week later
-I would have also like to have seen Ando/Kaito stuff between that time.
-I also thought it was ironic that we were told "No! Wait! DL wasnt killed by that bullet!" only for him to be shot by an entirely different one soonafter. Niki's alterego should have killed him for trying to take her home. But hey.

I personally found it sad that after everthing Niki, DL, and Micah went through last season, they were finally able to be a family, and DL gets shot by some punk at a club. We all knew DL was going to die, but there were so many times it seemed like it was going to happen before that, like the hospital and the fire, the club seems like the least likely place it would happen, so it still came as a surprise.

Anyway, next week's episode is looking pretty good, can't wait.

Chris 2.1
15th November 2007, 09:59 AM
I know we found out about the baby not being his, but I meant more like Matt's sudden friendliness with Mohinder and adoption of Molly. I understand the adoption since Matt and Molly have been friendly from the moment he rescued her, but still, it seemed vague.

I agree though about D.L's death being sad, I really liked him tbh. I liked the inclusion of Damon Monica and Nana in the episode, just a nice quick scene.

DarkestLight
16th November 2007, 05:08 PM
I dunno man. I would have liked some Sylar backstory, but I think we'll get it soon enough. Man I swear though, I don't want no damn SuperWest action next ep...

PNT510
19th November 2007, 11:19 AM
I know we found out about the baby not being his, but I meant more like Matt's sudden friendliness with Mohinder and adoption of Molly. I understand the adoption since Matt and Molly have been friendly from the moment he rescued her, but still, it seemed vague.

I agree though about D.L's death being sad, I really liked him tbh. I liked the inclusion of Damon Monica and Nana in the episode, just a nice quick scene.

I thought we found out she claimed the baby wasn't his, but he didn't read her mind so he doesn't know for sure.

Chris 2.1
20th November 2007, 07:43 PM
Ep 9

-Very awesome, but too focused on the Costa Verde storyline IMHO.

-Killing Noah then having him be alive was a bit of a cop-out AT FIRST, but then I guess it seems the Company want him locked up. Maybe to check if the blood worked to fix his eye? Then they'll probably kill him. I hope so, given that Clare + The BennetButlers are already scattering ashes.

-2 eps left? Aww this sucks, since they're gonna tie everything up but its going to work badly.

-No Maya? FFS when did we last see them!? I know they suck but their story with Sylar won't develop if they're not in episodes. Also how LAME is Sylar this season.

-Matt has developed Persuasion. VERY COOL! The notion of him turning into his father is interesting; he has the power to get whatever he wants, and that's very dangerous.

-Elle rocks. Still.

-Next episode looks interesting. More Monica!

Weasel Overlord
28th November 2007, 04:24 AM
Ep #09: I didn't rave about this one, did I? Oh dear! SADDEST EPISODE EVERRR!! I was SO upset when Kaito died, even though I knew Hiro wouldn't be able to change things! And I did not expect Noah to be brought back to life, either. I can't remember much of anything else from that episode, save the character-death, so that's all I'll comment on, heh. Very saddening.

Ep #10: OooooOOOOOoooooo. Now THAT was a funky episode! Sylar = EVIL BASTARD! And yet... I seem to like him more and more every time! Wtf!? o.O It was just mean when he was making out with Maya with her brother's dead body behind him. Cruel cruel Gabriel! But yay! He has his ticky-ticky baaaack! I wonder if he's gonna steal/has stolen Alejandro's power! That'd be interesting.
But yes. Half-naked Sylar. MmmMMMM.

Where was my Matt quota!? Not happy! I want more Matt!! It saddens me that he might be getting corrupted by his power, but I think he'll master it and stay a good guy. He won't want to turn into his dad, I don't think.

Ooohooo, I wasn't sure of whether to trust Adam or not, but ZOMG he's yet ANOTHER magnificent bastard! Peter you poor, trusting fool!

Which directly leads me on to: THE END! OH MY GOD!! I was getting so psyched up for the epic Peter/Hiro battle and then "to be continued"!! ARGH! Me and my Heroes-watching friends all screamed in rage at this point, hehe. I wonder who will win. Peter might be more important or whathaveyou, but I still want Hiro to kick ass. He has a sword!!

Why does it have to be the last episode next Tuesday!? *breaks down* What will I do without my weekly Heroes fix!? Does anyone know if they're doing another 11-or-so episode arc? Cos I think it'd be a bit weird to only have 11 episodes in a season. Maybe it'll be like Lost and that, with the break inbetween bits. *shrug* I hope so! Cos otherwise all we have to look forward to is that Heroes Origins thing they're doing. Which does look cool, but I love the characters we have already! *grumbles*

Jeff
28th November 2007, 07:43 AM
Yeah, the first season ran for 11 episodes leading up to "Fallout" in early December, then the rest of it started in late January. I don't watch Lost, but I'm pretty sure that's what you mean. Now for the bad news. This season would have been like that, but because of the writers' strike in Hollywood, the whole season is over after next week's episode.

Last week's episode was pretty good, I wasn't expecting Noah to be brought back either, and we still aren't completely sure who that was that did it. I know it was the company, but who in the company. I personally think it could have been Mohinder, who did it out of the guilt of killing him in the first place. If that's true, then does the company know about it?

Monday's had some interesting moments, we got to see Adam's "hero hunting" firsthand, Alejandro was bumped off, the sexual tension between Sylar and Maya hit the tipping point (Maylar!), and Hiro and Peter have squared off.

I don't know if too many people outside the US got to see the preview for the season finale so to sum it up: two "heroes" die and the episode shows plenty of Peter, but a lack of Hiro (so it's entirely possible, however unlikely IMO, that Hiro gets killed off next week). Plenty of other people were left in some situations this week that could lead to their demise: Monica was kidnapped by the gang, Maya and Molly are both with Sylar (never a good thing), Peter and Hiro are about to fight, and Adam has revealed his Achilles' Heel. It's going to be an interesting one next week.

Chris 2.1
28th November 2007, 07:28 PM
Did I hear correctly the WGA strike may be reaching towards an agreement? If so they could concievebly run the rest of S2 in 08. Please....

I ask because, while I loved last night, the pacing is horrible. We see Monica for the first time in ages and she messes up. I know she's not perfect but couldn't those wrestling moves have come in handy for disarming those guys? I loved the thought of her being St Joan, fighting crime in the streets. I also loved Micah's involvement, dimming the lights and checking the house via phone lines.

Unfortunately she got captured. Eek. Can Niki save her? Will Jessica manifest to take them on? Come on Nik this is the ONLY time I can see Jessica's manifestation as a good thing (although I do know Jessica is 'gone', as is Jessica's superpower)

I do think Monica is a fantastic character, I want her to stay!

The Maya storyline gets exciting, with Maya beginning to control her power. Alejandro's demise was expected from the start, but we know Maya will react badly. I expect she will murder Sylar in the next ep.

Sylar explains in the promo for Ep 11 that he has the Virus. Is that true? I wasn't aware. He wants Mo and Clare's blood. Umm did I miss something? I thought it was due to spinal chord damage.

Either way he has been a very different Sylar and while thats been a big change, its been good. I hope in S3 he will become uuber again, if he lives.

I don't like Peter and Adams story, since we have been misled as to what the Company's actual intentions were. However like Mo/Noah, I can see why both Hiro and Peter are doing the right thing. Exciting stuff, but doesn't Hiro have the advantage, being able to stop time?

RIP Victoria Pratt. I don't think she had a power since she was involved mainly on the biological side.

WHAT WAS KAITOS POWER?

The Clare scene with West was brilliant. I loved how she came up with the idea of asking the Haitan to erase her memories.It was such a sad moment for her and very touching to see her grieve like that. Well done Hayden. Also I liked her comparison to this pain and her physical pain, she said something like "I've fallen 20 stories, Ive severed off my toe...but this, this pain isnt healing. Its getting worse." Great work by the writers, that was nice.

Elle = brilliant character. But couldn't they use an infusion of Claires blood to like cure her arm!?

Very excited for the next ep!

Weasel Overlord
5th December 2007, 03:19 PM
A bit of season-section finale, anyone? I was VERY peeved that Nathan died. VERY PEEVED. Surprised that Niki got it, too. That was unexpected! Although that part was a bit blurry for us, so I couldn't really tell what was happening. :(

Hiro disposing of Adam was awesome! Soooo creepy! *shudders* Urgh, buried aliveness is nasty. Urm, Sylar got his powers back! Sweeeeeeet!

Angela is a BITCHWHORE and I hate her!!! GAH!

And yay! Noah came back! But then had to leave again. ;_;

I'm actually rather dissatisfied with the ending, you know. And I was so expecting more out of the Peter vs. Hiro battle. Bah.

Chris 2.1
5th December 2007, 06:22 PM
Agreed, but given the time they had to tweak it to work as a season finale, they did a good job. My predictions:
-Noah shot Nathan, seeing as he is working for the company
-Nathan is alive. The report said he had been shot, not killed, and Claire will most likely donate her blood or something
-Many are speculating that the explosion will kill Niki, but not Jessica. Sound good? I think so.
-Adam will come back in S3.

The new chapter, Villains, sounds interesting and I imagine it'll be like the Brotherhood in XMen. Sylar, Adam, maybe Jessica?

PNT510
6th December 2007, 02:43 PM
Does anyone think they had Hiro keep Adam alive just so Sylar can kill him and become invincible without them having to kill of Claire?

Jeff
14th February 2008, 07:45 AM
All right, so now with the strike over it seems like NBC still has no plans to bring back season 2, so we'll be waiting until fall for new episodes. I guess it was to be expected the way the "Volume 2" finale acted as a season finale. BTW, I remember reading some interesting stuff about the whole thing a while back, I'll see if I can dig it up after I get back from class.