PDA

View Full Version : ummmm......

Crystal Mew
30th September 2007, 12:49 AM
So the other night I was pretty bored, so I started reading the nuthouse thread. Anyone remember that? Oh man, good times were had in that little chat room called 'ummmm' But I just started thinking how long ago that was, and how different my life is now since then. And how we all used to go there and talk about our lives, fight amongst ourselves, yell at the "randoms" and otherwise had a pretty good time.

So this is kinda like a then and now type thing (this is allowed here right? lol)
Its also something to see what everyone is up to. Since no one goes to the chat anymore, I dont really keep in touch with alot of people. I still mainly talk to Craig, Nate, Katie, John, clark and Zak though. I also have a few others on lj and myspace that I talk to occasionally. But yeah what happened to everyone else? So yeah here we go.

Then: 16-18 years old (while I was in ummmm) I loved pokemon, and lord of the rings. Yeah, I talked about how obessed I was with orlando bloom ALL the time. crazy huh. Only online dated (lol..) still in highschool, pretty much a social loser- didnt have a life, no real friends...and never really left the house, always online. Oh yeah, I also used to talk about my ferret, Baby alot too.

And thank goodness my life has changed since then.

Now: I'm 21, in college, I have a job (which sucks btw but eh) have some great friends that I actually consider some of my best friends now, actually get OUT of the house, and rarely ever online. I'm also never home anymore, I'm either out at work, school, or out with friends. Sometimes I wish I could be at home more often, but oh well. I also dated a guy last year, but it didn't work out too well. My ferret died about a year and a half ago (r.i.p baby :() and I haven't watched lord of the rings in about a year. Oh, and I dont really know whats going on in the pokemon world anymore, I dont really keep up.

Oh yeah. the screen name I used back then was either crystal mew 17, or merenwen581...I hardly ever sign on aim anymore so I use my aol name tariena merenwen to chat to the few people I still keep in touch with. sadly :( anyone's free to add me by the way :) lol.

mr_pikachu
30th September 2007, 01:15 AM
Ummmm's been revived, actually... sort of. It's probably not all that active now, but Chris brought it back a few months ago.

EDIT: I believe this (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13227) is the initial information thread. Now if we can just get people to visit ummmm again...

Toxicity
30th September 2007, 11:04 AM
So, either use an IRC client or for those who don't have one, just use the link in Chris' second to last post?

Sounds fairly easy to me...

Mikachu Yukitatsu
1st October 2007, 06:29 AM
You have a good life.

Hm, let me tell something about my life. I used to be into Pokémon, too, from 1999 to 2002, when I began to prefer Sailor Moon. I soon revived my Pokémon interest in 2003, but August 2004 after joining the Finnish conscription army my mental health went down and now my doctors and nurses limit my hobby.

We were talking about full living (sorry, my net dictionary does not work) the other day, and I still commented that full life would mean to me that I could play Pokémon whenever I want. I wasn't completely serious, though.

I am not saying I didn't like my own life now, perhaps the limits are for my own good.

Now I am telling personal things, but I don't want to have secrets here.

Perfect Chaos
1st October 2007, 12:40 PM
Sam!! Wow, I haven't talked/seen you in the LONGEST time. I'm happy that life's getting better for you than before.

Man, I remember ummmm...fun times then. I think I was about 14 at the time when I went there and then I guess too many randoms showed up and I dropped off the face of ummmm.

I was sort of like a lot of people then. Didn't go out anywhere, usually stayed home and was online. Had a few friends but weren't close with them that much (now though, they are some of my best friends).

Now, I'm 18, going to University of Florida. Became a lot more social around my junior/senior year of high school and kept up with it since (now a sophmore at UF). I still come online a lot though, mainly because I go to classes and come back (don't go out anywhere really...).

So yeah, I honestly wouldn't mind going back to ummmm and seeing some old/new faces. When's the peak time Brian?

-Sean

mr_pikachu
1st October 2007, 02:05 PM
So yeah, I honestly wouldn't mind going back to ummmm and seeing some old/new faces. When's the peak time Brian?

You're asking me? Er... honestly, I haven't visited the new ummmm in ages. I suggest that someone gives a date/time here and see who shows up. It'll be fun!

Toxicity
1st October 2007, 07:49 PM
Now, I'm 18, going to University of Florida. Became a lot more social around my junior/senior year of high school and kept up with it since (now a sophmore at UF). I still come online a lot though, mainly because I go to classes and come back (don't go out anywhere really...).

-Sean

Wow, you're at UF and I never knew of this? I used to live in that vicinity, although I'm now enrolled at FSU. Small world...

Maybe now is a confession time for me, too.

As some of you may remember, I was a bit late in joining the madness, only in '05 when I registered in '03. I was 15, almost 16, and after having next to no real social experience, clearly more weak-willed and as confused about stuff than I was told I was. Personal reasons online and real life I refuse to discuss happened; let's just cut it there.

Now I'm 18. I started to finally start making lifetime friends my senior year of high school, we've all educated one another about the serious business of the internet. Graduated with honors, enrolled currently as a Psychology major...life's slowly starting to get better. Still some emotional conflicts popping up in patches, but that might change when I become more financially independent...

Crystal Mew
1st October 2007, 09:44 PM
Hey Sean! Glad to see you too =) you should add my aol name so we can talk sometime!

ANd yeah, the purpose of this isn't really to start ummmm back up again...its just to see what happened to everyone/see what everyone is up to now.

I'm glad everyone got more social irl instead of on the internets lol

Oh, Toxicity..you're name is Laura right?

Toxicity
1st October 2007, 09:49 PM
Yup. That's me. ^^

Really great seeing the members of old coming back such as you and Katie. It's been a while.

Crystal Mew
1st October 2007, 09:51 PM
Ah! I thought it was you =) Lots of people changed their screen names on here so I'm kinda confused lol. But its good to see you too! Glad you're doing well ^^

Drusilla
2nd October 2007, 01:12 AM
Wow... I remember ummm. I remember sneaking online during my freshman English class in high school to see what was going on. Haha, the good ol' days...

Then, I was a goth loser who didn't do much other than go to school and rebel every once in a while. I "dated online", listened to weird bands that no one has ever heard of (other than my inner circle of friends), and I was hopelessly addicted to PC RPGs, chocolate, and music.

Now, I'm a goth loser who doesn't do much other than go to work and rebel every once in a while. I live with my boyfriend (though we're currently apart, due to our moving... I think I've found a place to live, though), I listen to weird bands that no one has ever heard of (including my inner circle of friends), and I'm hopelessly addicted to PC RPGs, chocolate, music, and sex.

Yep... Some things never change, and others change a hell of a lot. But I'm still alive, some how.

Magmar
2nd October 2007, 01:45 AM
Howdy ^_^ I remember..... you. haha. most people don't remember me. i'm just there.

Little_Pikachu
2nd October 2007, 04:24 PM
The only thing that's changed in my life is I graduated uni so I work full time and can't doss around pubs all day because of it. Still online pretty much every night though no where near as late as I used to be, again, side effect of working. Even now I'm working full time and don't spend all day drinking and gambling I have a load less money than I did way back when, can anyone explain that? I suppose the bandits now run on 50p stakes rather than 25p, but that can't really account for how much I don't realise I'm spending? I suppose when I finished uni I though my life would get on the right tracks, but I'm afraid I'm still waiting at the station, I really need to sort it out before I get too old which the way things are going, wont be much longer. Anyone else notice how time just seems to speed up when you get older? Tell me you all feel it too.

mr_pikachu
2nd October 2007, 04:49 PM
Well, I've gone from being an immature high school junior to being an immature college senior. Things do seem to be working out, though, although my outlook may well change once I actually start looking for a job. We'll see if anyone dares to hire the half-insane Grammar Nazi who shrieks in terror at the peril of sunlight...

Incidentally, I hit my five-year TPM milestone on Sunday. Go me!

Drusilla
2nd October 2007, 09:34 PM
Anyone else notice how time just seems to speed up when you get older? Tell me you all feel it too.

Yep, I hear that one... I was just thinking about it last night. It finally hit me that I'm not 16 anymore. O_o

We'll see if anyone dares to hire the half-insane Grammar Nazi who shrieks in terror at the peril of sunlight...

Hey, I got a job, and I didn't even finish college... and I'm completely insane.

Asilynne
6th October 2007, 12:06 PM
SAM!!! I havent talked to you in damn...idk, years? Shit man seems like yesterday and forever :<
Well, I went from being just out of high school, not knowing where my life was going, living with my dad and dealing with my parents being separated and being able to stay up all night RPing and chatting on ummmm, to having been out on my own for 3 years, living with Rudy (who I met here of all places XD) STILL not married *glares sideways at rudy XD* and just now starting to get everything on track. Its been a rough road, and I dont think the gravel is completely paved yet but its getting there, and Im a lot tougher than I was back then. Its messed up how fast time went, it feels like it was yesterday we were all playing ToD in ummmm late nights and being all crazy and shit XD When I think "hey, Im not 18 Im 23" it feels like such an old number lol I mean its not far away from being married, and then having kids and before I know it Ill be 40 something taking the kids to school and soccer practice o.o

Crystal Mew
6th October 2007, 11:06 PM
Asi!!!! Wow, I know its been forever since I've talked to you. I'm glad to see you're still doing well =)

do you have a myspace or something? lol lets be friends !

Dark Scizor
8th October 2007, 04:07 PM
There's a TPM facebook group out there somewhere.

mr_pikachu
8th October 2007, 10:23 PM
Yes there is. Have a look, everyone! (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2495475521)

Katie
10th October 2007, 12:24 AM
Requesting that all who post please remind us of your AIM screenname. :( Many of us are getting old and can't quite remember.

I was pudgypanda, punkpanda, punkrockpanda and variations thereof.

Then: High school nerd involved in rotc, I tried to jump on the goth/punk bandwagon but fell off and decided it was stupid. I loved Neopets, LotR, and Harry Potter. I think I stopped liking Pokemon in around 2002, before ummmm's glory days. :/ I'm pretty sure I stopped ummmming when I got my first job.

Now: College non-nerd, I enjoy living the college life, I have actually left my computer desk long enough to meet lots of new gal pals and/or boys (!!!!). I love my school and its traditions, I finally kind of understand football, and I have recently gotten involved in Bonfire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aggie_Bonfire) which has been absolutely amazing. My grades have slipped to the point of no return, but eh. I am hardly ever online compared to back then, though I still visit Neopets every day, along with Facebook. I still like HP and LotR, but they are not part of my daily (or even monthly) life. I have since quit my job, but my summer/winter internship pays enough so that I don't have to work during the school year, fucking score.

I will start checking in on ummmm when I actually sign on to AIM to see if it is active. :)

Zak
10th October 2007, 12:55 AM
I actually replied to this a few days ago but my reply didn't come through. Oh well... this one won't be as long.

Anyway, I can't believe no one mentioned how ummmm originally came about... Sam, you were around when it started were you not? Back before it was "ummmm", it used to be random chats with a different name each day that Jay (Umbreon) would invite us to. Of course I'm aware that TPM AIM chats existed way before even that, but Soo (Bugsy, the founder of "ummmm") was in these chats that I speak of. It was mostly me, Sam, Katie, Ash (Dashira/nightcrow), Jay, Nate (Konspiracy Theory/Systematic Revolution), Clark (ace135cc) and... I think Sean used to come to the pre-ummmm chats as well am I right?
Anyway, aside from the "Jay chats", as some of us called them, I remember the "Room of Chaos", "Room of TOTAL Chaos" etc. that Nate and Sean used to be in... oh, and we can't forget Steve (Dark Dragonite). And then I think there was also the "Random room in my palace" which comes to mind.

But anyway... ummmm developed and the rest is history. The only thing I find arguable is how everyone claims that Soo was the "founder" of ummmm. It's true, she did name it and all, but still the same people from ummmm had chats which were exactly the same. Nothing against Soo, of course.

I also had a bit of an embarrassing legacy there... hah, most people here know what I'm talking about, especially Asi since she used to rub it in a lot.

I'm not gonna bother listing everyone I remember who frequented ummmm but either way it seems like we kinda all had a falling out. If even that, some people had their own reasons for leaving ummmm. The only people I still talk to are Sam, Craig, Nate, and Chris (CTM). And Katie a couple days ago. A lot of people still sit on my list though. I still use the same AIM name... most of you already know it but it's in my profile for those who care.

Also, the TPM facebook thing is cool, but I sorta try to keep it to real life and all in case people IRL ask about it... haha that would probably never happen. I mean, I'll friend whoever on here, but joining the group is kinda pushing it. As a matter of fact to be honest I almost joined it but decided not to when I saw who was in charge. :P

Asilynne
10th October 2007, 06:44 AM
Sam check your PM for my myspace :D
Btw my aim for anyone that wants to keep in touch is Nonamedpriest, Ill try and pop in on ummmm to see if anyones inside sometimes too :>

And hell yeah zak I remember one of those before ummmm chats that frank started I think, He had named it "Mop the floor with cake" or something like that XD I forget who all was in there, too long ago. And omg Zak youll have to refresh my memory or give me a hint about the embarrassing legacy because its been so long that I forgot what it was XDD

EDIT: I promise Im not as annoying as I was back then ^-^()

Zak
10th October 2007, 02:06 PM
That actually surprises me. But either way, someone else would know...

Drusilla
10th October 2007, 10:47 PM
That actually surprises me. But either way, someone else would know...

I think I remember... but I'll leave it alone. Not like I don't have anything that I don't want to be brought up again, myself...

I'm not on AIM these days, because it won't work on my dad's computer, and my computer doesn't have a connection at the moment. ~_~;; But I'm almost always on MSN when I'm online; my handle is still wednesdaygirl13@hotmail.com. My primary AIM is dozzombiequeen, but I think I have it linked up with my old one, jordisionchick13. Either way, I'm not that hard to find when I'm actually around, which is hardly ever these days.... And my availability is probably going to disappear when I join the Coast Guard.

kendawg528
10th October 2007, 11:08 PM
I was just thinking about Mark's topic not so long ago asking about ummmm...i checked a month ago or so but with no luck, a part of me really wanted someone to be in there...

to be honest I really miss ummmm...it was such a big part of growing years that it just seemed really important back then. I was a 7th grader talking to about 8 other people I didn't know and it was pretty cool...

Now i'm a college student constantly doing homework and struggling to meet deadlines...a part of me would kill to come home from school and enter ummmm and be there for hours.

but that's just silly now isn't it.

Crystal Mew
11th October 2007, 12:31 AM
Thats funny Zak, I don't recall what you're talking about either.

And yes, I was in all of those other random chat rooms before ummmm was actually started. In fact, I just found an old piece of paper with all these chat room names on it. haha it brought back some memories :')

also, its good to see you ken! KENITA!!! LOLOL oh man. haha. long time no see =)

Asilynne
11th October 2007, 02:57 AM
Btw Im going to start parking myself in ummmm whenever Im on AIM XD How do I get it to blink when someone talks? Sam was in earlier and I missed her ;.; NOOO!

kendawg528
11th October 2007, 08:40 PM
yo i remember that kenita thing...that dude was mad creepy. idk why a chick would have a sn called kendawg anyway.

but yeah it's been awhile...i just come on here when my roommate isn't here haha...it avoids a lot of embarrassment even though he makes corny pokemon jokes from time to time

PS: I just decided i'm gonna camp out at ummmm for as long as i possibly can. maybe mark (kramasoral) will help me out and we can get some momentum going again...

RedStarWarrior
14th October 2007, 11:59 PM
Damn, CM...you are still using tariena merenwen? Isn't that the name I thought up for you?

Anyway, do you have a facebook, hun?

Perfect Chaos
15th October 2007, 12:09 AM
For all those who want to randomly IM/stalk me on AIM, my sn is KnspryThry. So yeah go crazy with that now :P

ZOMG Zak!! I haven't seen you in the longest time either!!! Ahh, I love ummmm reunions :D. Though, I think I have your old AIM sn of YoYo238 (or something like that). You still use that one?

Even though the topic's not really about bringing ummmm back, I honestly would love to revive it (along with TPMBot, oh man, that would be just cake right there X) X) )

Zak
15th October 2007, 01:19 AM
Damn, CM...you are still using tariena merenwen? Isn't that the name I thought up for you?

LOL, um... *mutters something* nevermind.

ZOMG Zak!! I haven't seen you in the longest time either!!! Ahh, I love ummmm reunions . Though, I think I have your old AIM sn of YoYo238 (or something like that). You still use that one?

I already stated numerous times that I haven't changed my AIM sn.

I'm occasionally on Zak6009, but always on the other one. I guess you don't have it... pretty sure you'd see me if you did, cause I know I wouldn't block you and I never use privacy except under certain circumstances.

Crystal Mew
19th October 2007, 12:17 AM

haha, yes it is! Its funny, sometimes people ask me "how'd you think of that"
"oh, some guy thought it up, it means princess samantha in elvish" hahaha

Vejodi
20th October 2007, 09:30 PM
It's nearly been seven years since I registered here. That's fucked up man. Nearly 40% of my life has involved the activity and knowledge of TPM in one form or another, and 50% of my life now with internet.

Now being 18, I think it's clearly obvious things in my life have changed since I was 11. That was evident, since when the years progressed, as did my attitude and behavior in many aspects.

I'm now attending University. I'm not enjoying it at all, and thus considering differing. Although, I'd love to do a Degree in Politics.

I recently went to a job interview to be a journalist at my local newspaper (I worked there previously for 28 months). Exciting. My social life is probably the same since 2005/when I was 16, as is my alcoholism. I've also found a new love in gambling (mostly poker). Tis fun.

Oh, and how much I've matured over the past year and a half. It's unbelievable.

To many of you, "ummmm" is nostalgic. Whilst it was a long time ago now, I still have more fond memories of my times here in 2000-2001. Archive.org is (or was, I think it's being gay lately) a goldmine for TPM nostalgia.

Pokemasters UBB for life. (http://web.archive.org/web/20010202061300/http://www.pokemasters.net/)

Take it easy guys.

DarkTemplarZero
20th October 2007, 10:56 PM
Oh man that archive.org link brings back memories. Look at all those people online who I haven't talked to in ages, trinity, Blitzzzzzz, H_G, C_P, ah I miss those days.

I started out on this forum back in April of 2000 at the tender age of 11 as Rhydon4, a good 7 and a half years ago. Such a huge portion of my life has been on this old forum, so many good times. Yeah, obvious changes, I'm in college, I'm an overly enthusiastic wannabe math/cs major rather than an angsty out-of-place 11 year old. Who'd have thought it, the kid who started out as probably the stupidest team builder on the GS forum now studies math at Princeton, life is so unpredictable.

TPM has slowly been phasing out of my life ever since I left the local public school system when I went to high school and discovered that there's actually some decent people out there who don't live halfway around the world. I still visit now and again for old time's sake. But yeah, I still have the same AIM sn since those days, StellarFire207, if anybody's still around from the old GS/ASB forums I'd love to talk to you guys.

Vejodi
21st October 2007, 02:18 AM
Woah? What the hell? I didn't know you were Rhydon4. That's nuts.

Bulbasaur4
21st October 2007, 03:09 AM
I miss the Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... days. ^_^ Man, to think I joined TPM (or found it) when I was in 7th grade and now I'm a Junior in College. >.<;; SO much stuff happened online inbetween those times!!

I remember good ole'crazy AIM chats and MSN chats... and man did a lot of drama happen too. I mean, drama still happens, but now I just go 'meh' and don't really care about it much. XD (Weasel and I just cackle madly about our stupid dramaramas... daaahling.) But I remember back then thinking it was the end of the world!! XD

Let meh see. Back in the heart of my TPMer days, I was early high school/late middle school. I was crazy busy with my high school sports and clubs, but on the weekends and weekdays at night I was online all the time. (either that or playing video games... but we're talking late since I had many b-ball games in the early evenings). I also had too many boy dramas... and I was also too busy flocking to football players and hiding my manga collection from my school so I wouldn't be the outcast anime nerd. (My class in HS only had 102 people).

Now I'm a junior in college! I'm majoring in Chinese and Theatre, living in teh summer with my mother in Los Angeles and next year I'm going to be living in China for six months. I'm also going to be engaged soon, which is really freaky to think about! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DAYS OF UNCERTAIN FRESHMAN HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA? XD XD XD Just kidding, I really don't miss it.

If anyone wants to find me on AIM or talk, mine is now mentepazza. Feel free to add me on facebook too. (Kalah at Carthage... see? Sounds nice!)

I miss talking to a lot of you! ^_^ I even remember calling you Zak and talking to you before I was in college when I was around NY!

Indecent Exposure
21st October 2007, 09:13 AM
But anyway... ummmm developed and the rest is history. The only thing I find arguable is how everyone claims that Soo was the "founder" of ummmm. It's true, she did name it and all, but still the same people from ummmm had chats which were exactly the same. Nothing against Soo, of course.

Funny thing is, she didn't even come up with it, I did dammit! Jay and myself would open up a chat daily once a few people came online, which did generally get a random name. Usually based around numerous in-jokes. If I remember correctly, the reason "ummmm" came about was that Jay wasn't online so it was left to me to come up with a name. It just so happened I wasn't feeling too creative, and it ended up becoming a permanent chat room.

Interesting note*, "ummmm" was originally spelled with 3, rather than the standard 4 m's. The 4th m was a typo. Scandalous or what? Indeed.

*Not actually interesting

Asilynne
21st October 2007, 12:09 PM
Wasnt it where if you started typing it with 3 after that, we ended up in a chat with a bunch of strangers? o.o It was like the Anti-ummmm where WE were the randoms XD

Vejodi
21st October 2007, 08:10 PM
Good idea Jay.

I don't use AIM anymore either, but my MSN is shazza@imaterrorist.com :)

Zak
21st October 2007, 10:20 PM
I miss talking to a lot of you! ^_^ I even remember calling you Zak and talking to you before I was in college when I was around NY!

I remember that! Do you still have the same number? And did you end up going to college in that area?

Side note... when were you in ummmm, I don't remember?

BTW Jay, accept my facebook request when you have time.

Also I think I'm probably gonna get MSN so I can keep in touch with a bunch of my brits that I met during my year in Israel.

kendawg528
22nd October 2007, 05:31 PM
this topic is beautiful, all we're missing is ace to unnecessarily make things a little awkward.

and i also think ummmm was the last time kevin was seen alive...can anyone verify this?

Vejodi
22nd October 2007, 08:10 PM
No. Not at all. :confused:

Until a few months ago, he was still on IRC.

Also: "Last Activity: 7th October 2007 01:08 PM"

Magmar
22nd October 2007, 09:39 PM
Kevin needs to come back. I miss being like "Oh look. Kevin"
haha that's my reason.

Jay Umbreon
23rd October 2007, 12:35 PM
Also, I think I'd like to see Venusaur99 and Katie reply to this topic
perhaps Ashlea too? there's still quite a lot of ummmmers not present =] aha.

yep, I'll look out for that
and you're right, pretty much everyone over here in the UK has MSN, but I don't think half of them have even HEARD of AIM!

x

kendawg528
23rd October 2007, 06:48 PM
No. Not at all. :confused:

Until a few months ago, he was still on IRC.

Also: "Last Activity: 7th October 2007 01:08 PM"

if i don't see him then he doesn't exist...which is perhaps the most unreasonable thing i've ever said. where khalid? does anyone even remember neutral jumper? lol

Zak
23rd October 2007, 09:02 PM
if i don't see him then he doesn't exist...which is perhaps the most unreasonable thing i've ever said. where khalid? does anyone even remember neutral jumper? lol

Of course I remember him, but I thought you knew him IRL? Not enough to know what he's up to?

kendawg528
23rd October 2007, 11:22 PM
Of course I remember him, but I thought you knew him IRL? Not enough to know what he's up to?

he lived in my state, within an hour from me but other than that I never spoke to him anywhere but on the internet. you might be confusing him with mark, perhaps? and i just realized that I go to college right by him, so maybe if i ever talk to him we'll meet.

anyway where's steve aka dark dragonite? i just realized how much he used to help me in 7th grade when i used to send him my essays haha

Zak
24th October 2007, 01:38 AM
No, I knew you knew Mark... I thought all three of you were friends IRL. Oh well.

I remember all these people that someone knew, I forget if it was you guys... xxcinnastix something and littleclayaiken... katelyn and sidalee or something, I remember someone knew them, forgot who though, might have been you guys. It actually could have been Matt (Link 10)... or Kelly (Darkpyromagician).
And I remember SOMEONE brought Kelly here... who was it again, was it you guys? aaaaaaaaaaah I don't know anything.

Crystal Mew
26th October 2007, 10:33 PM
Oh silly Jay, Katie already posted in this topic =) haha

Dark-San
31st October 2007, 10:41 PM
I was about to skip this topic since it was discussed much before. Chris did an IRC channel way back then to bring back the crowd and good old times. But when I was there, most of the time I see were the usual faces and it wasn't as welcomed as it was going to be. Talking about the old ummm.... on AIM, I did went into it a couple of times like around seven to eight times. Not long enough to make an impression onto anyone. Besides when I was there, the chat were either still with Jon's pokemanic rantings and Muffin man's insult. I am not so sure then but my AIM screen name at that time was either darkyouthtpm or was it DarkSan, if anyone could could remember.

*Reads topic replies*

Wait, we had a TPM facebook? When did that happen?

*Goes on reading*

And I have to introduced my history. Man, this is so embrassing.

Then:

A 16 year old fresh 'O' level graduate seeking to pursuit a diploma in a polytechnic. Highly addicted to animes especially the one by the name of Pokemon. Play all of their versions and spends like an amazing half of the day, looking through the forums. Back then, he could only engage in the world of Pokemon and Duel Monsters TCG. His only aim was to beat the best in the country. And to do that the other half of his life back then was to think of card strategies. He qualified for the Worlds in the local tournament and was prepared to take on the World. Tragedy struck after three years in Polytechnic and he was enlisted into the army for two years.

Now:

A 23 year old university undergraduate pursuiting a degree. He is already in his third semester. Still addicted to anime sadly but gave up Pokemon a long time ago. Spends less than one percentage of his life now looking through TPM, the other ninety nine percentage rushing to complete assignments and taking the examinations. Quited the TCG world on a high note during the army stint and took on Mahjong instead. Hopefully to graduate with a good result and look for a good paying job within the next two years.

Bulbasaur4
31st October 2007, 11:50 PM
I by no means was on ummmm all the time- back in those days, I was a Yahoo! chat person. But back when Rudy, Asi, Jeff, Gav & I were tight, we used to invade ummmm. XD That's where I got my exposure.

But our MSN chats were more crazy... XD XD XD

Anywho, nah. I went to college in WI (still am) and changed phones. ^_^;

Asilynne
1st November 2007, 05:57 AM
I by no means was on ummmm all the time- back in those days, I was a Yahoo! chat person. But back when Rudy, Asi, Jeff, Gav & I were tight, we used to invade ummmm. XD That's where I got my exposure.

But our MSN chats were more crazy... XD XD XD

Anywho, nah. I went to college in WI (still am) and changed phones. ^_^;

Which reminds me......we need to do a lil ToD again XDDD