PDA

View Full Version : Poll-less.

Vejodi
20th October 2007, 09:41 PM
For the first time in awhile, I browsed the PCG forum to only see Games being on the first page. What do you think happened to all the Polls? Why did they phase out?

I'd like to argue a change of attitude and member activity resulted in the current status of PCG.

Here is the Poll.

What do you prefer, Polls or Games? (Or non-existent Clubs?)

I'm a Poll man myself, I enjoy answering things about myself which I might not have realised, and liked comparing to other members answers.

Fett One
20th October 2007, 09:56 PM
I prefer games. While polls can be interesting, I find games to be much more fun to participate in.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
20th October 2007, 10:47 PM
Heh, before this, the newest poll reply was in mr_pikachu's 'Poll: Love makes the world go round' by SupremeChampion, on 16th of July.

There was a time when I only replied to polls. I was afraid I could get hooked on the games, which I do now. But now I have noticed that the games are so funny, I laugh aloud when I read them.

Also, remember that there was a time when there were too many polls, it was decdied that a user should not create more than 2 polls a day.

Like I was planning to say in a game I invented (Have I Got TPM News for You)

"Well, here at TPM we have had Polls, Clubs and Games, Polls, Polls and Polls, Polls and Games, and now we have Games, Games and Games."

That is still waiting for mod approving, by the way...

There are games which I am not interested in, but there are also polls I am not intertested in. I think all the topics here make sense, there are no SPAM, but some of them haven't just opened to me. I still vote for games because they are funnier and can all the people replying to games nowadays be wrong?

Lady Vulpix
21st October 2007, 10:58 AM
I like all. There used to be clubs before. They were fun, but took a lot of time and effort to maintain, so they gradually disappeared. Polls kept going for a while, but since the lifespan of any one poll is normally just a few days, if people stop posting new ones they tend to disappear as well. There are some games, on the other hand, which practically run themselves, so they can last for years. I think that's why we have mostly games these days. People are not taking an active part in the running of this forum (and its subforum) lately.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
22nd October 2007, 08:53 AM
I always liked the polls best but then there were too many anti-poll posts. You had to make your replies longer and the polls had to be more original and the polls were closed cause they were already done, then the Pokémon polls all disappeared to General Discussion and now there's no polls anymore. Booh.

mr_pikachu
23rd October 2007, 01:21 AM
I like all of the above, really. I think the problem is that a lot of people don't want to spend a lot of time thinking up something that will only see one iteration. As they see it, what's the point in creating something that will fade from memory as soon as a few people have posted? It's easy to become discouraged by such a prospect when, in contrast, we have games that last for dozens upon dozens of versions.

Drago
31st October 2007, 05:08 PM
I like polls best because I can boost my postcount without any real effort. lol ahh the splendour of oldschool TPM PCG replies...

Besides, polls are a great chance to think about something I wouldn't have otherwise considered that day, like what was the last thing I bought, or who is your favourite Blues Brother... that kinda stuff gets me through life, see.

Dark-San
1st November 2007, 10:53 PM
I am going for Poll. Poll topic reveal some truths about your fellow online friend. Sometimes they could be disturbing, sometimes they could be unexpected. After all, would not it be interesting to know that someone that comes to the same forum has the same weird personality like you do?

Games on the other hand are fun. However, I must admit that certain members in the past had abused it some way or another, making them quite spammish. But then things have changed and we have a set of rule to monitor and clarified the blurry line that divides between a spam and a game topic worthy reply.

Clubs? Well, I had not been in an online club before. Looking way back 3 or even 4 years ago, clubs used to be very popular amongst the members. I am not so sure on what happen and why do they die out so far. But if anyone wants to open a club that perhaps catches my attention, I would probably join.

Magmar
26th November 2007, 07:10 AM
I like Polls the best, Games second, and I generally hate the Clubs because they're always sick pedophile societies dedicated to sitting near Molly Hale or May in bikinis or something.

Zak
26th November 2007, 04:28 PM
I prefer polls over most games, but Lingo > any poll.

CuteLassJigglypuff
27th November 2007, 04:16 PM
I like polls the best because I find them more interesting.

Crystal Mew
1st December 2007, 01:11 PM
I love polls! I posted in like every single poll there ever was, lol. I don't know what happened to them all :( guess they kinda died out when people stopped coming here so frequently. I'd love to see more of them though

Cheesey
17th December 2007, 07:24 PM
When I first came to TPM I loved the games and posted in all of them all the time... promptly breaking that old 5-posts-in-a-game-daily-please rule... but then I pretty quickly moved into AC/CC games and making polls and stuff. I liked clubs but they were never really a feature as long as I've been here. These days, I just answer the occasional poll. I'm getting old, see.

SupremeChampion
19th December 2007, 09:20 AM
i always preferred polls myself. they were always fun to answer, especially the original ones. you would put up an honest answer, then see how it compared to the rest of the people who frequent this board. that was always interesting. though i must say, clubs were pretty cool, too, even if nothing really ever happened in them anyhow.

~The Italian Stallion

firepokemon
26th December 2007, 08:42 AM
I prefer you over anything.

midnightangel
27th December 2007, 05:55 PM
I like polls myself. It's fun to read what others' are saying and it's fun to add my personal opinion to the responses
It's like I'm sharing a part of myself with you ;)

Vejodi
29th December 2007, 10:59 AM
I prefer you over anything.

Over seven years and I still haven't grown tired of you.