PDA

View Full Version : Um... Saw IV anyone? lol

Zak
21st October 2007, 10:24 PM
Is anyone besides me gonna see Saw 4 which is opening this week? I wouldn't be surprised if no one else is considering I noticed it lost a lot of fans and a lot of people are under the impression that they should have ended it previously, but I beg to differ, seeing it opening night. I've always been a fan of that franchise.

PNT510
22nd October 2007, 12:04 AM
Nope, I'm not gonna go see it. I saw the first one and not only were the effects lame it was filled with inconsistencies. Maybe the movies have improved, but there is normally diminishing returns when it comes to horror movie sequels.

Chris 2.1
22nd October 2007, 04:24 AM
I will see it. I don't know when. I thoroughly enjoyed the first. The second was just as good. But I felt the Third was less enjoyable. It was a few months since I saw it but I just remember feeling less towards it. After the ending to the third, I'm not sure if the 4th will be the same. I am intrigued to see what they do. Is this the last one?

Blademaster
22nd October 2007, 06:35 AM
I've seen (and loved) all three SAW movies thus far, even if the first one did seem to contradict the rest of the storyline a bit. In the first one, 'Jigsaw' hires a killer to do his dirty work, but in the later movies he claims to 'despise murderers.' WTF? o.O'

Still, the fourth installment doesn't come out until Friday here in the States, so it's gonna be at least a week or so before I go see it... Or maybe I'll just be cheap and wait for the DVD to come out. :P

Zak
27th October 2007, 01:26 AM
I've seen (and loved) all three SAW movies thus far, even if the first one did seem to contradict the rest of the storyline a bit. In the first one, 'Jigsaw' hires a killer to do his dirty work, but in the later movies he claims to 'despise murderers.' WTF? o.O'

Still, the fourth installment doesn't come out until Friday here in the States, so it's gonna be at least a week or so before I go see it... Or maybe I'll just be cheap and wait for the DVD to come out. :P

Aren't you like 14? You're gonna have a hell of a time getting in.

Anyway, I've seen it and loved it. Unfortunately I'm afraid many people will have a hard time looking past the fact that it's a fourth part and find reasons to hate it.

Also about that spoiler, there are a LOT of hypocrisy instances... what about saying that one of them has to kill the other? And what about Amanda's test? Surely Zep is the least of the hypocrisy.

EDIT: Oh and Chris, this is not the last one. I'm not gonna spoil the ending, but all I can say is it's made pretty apparent. Plus, they've stated that they already started working on 5 AND 6, and waiting to release them both back-to-back in 2009 instead of following the one-year tradition. This is not certain about the release, but they have definitely already started.

Chris 2.1
27th October 2007, 06:32 AM
I did see it on opening night *cough*hypocrite*cough* and really enjoyd it, moreso than the 3rd. After seeing the ending I feel like 5 and 6 will be fantastic. Some parts did confuse me, but after my friend explained things to me (its been a while since I saw the last 3) it fitted into place. In terms of style, I thought it was a mix of 2 and 3, but it was great in the last few moments.

So who is the new Jigsaw? The guy strapped to the chair, or the black dude? I think the guy strapped to the chair, since the black guy 'failed' by trying to save everyone.

Blademaster
27th October 2007, 08:28 AM
Aren't you like 14? You're gonna have a hell of a time getting in.

Ex-CUSE me!? I'm 20, thank you very much!

Crystal Mew
28th October 2007, 01:10 AM
Zak, hardly anyone is 14 on this board anymore. lol.

I won't go see this in the theater, and dont even care to see it when it comes to dvd. How many sequels are they going to be making for this movie anyways?

I just think they're all kinda gross and bloody and stuff. Not really the type of movie I like to watch, but I've seen saw 2 and saw 3. not the first one though lol

PNT510
28th October 2007, 05:40 PM
Zak, hardly anyone is 14 on this board anymore. lol.

I won't go see this in the theater, and dont even care to see it when it comes to dvd. How many sequels are they going to be making for this movie anyways?

I just think they're all kinda gross and bloody and stuff. Not really the type of movie I like to watch, but I've seen saw 2 and saw 3. not the first one though lol
They'll keep making them until people get sick of them. Horror films are very cheap to make so as long as they make a decent amount of money they'll keep making them.

Also Saw IV is showing no signs of slowing down. Saw 2, 3, and now 4 have all opened to just over 30 million dollars.

Magmar
28th October 2007, 08:15 PM
I haven't seen Saw 4 yet... someone who has seen it just PM me and tell me if it's worth the $10 to see it or not :) that's all I'm asking!

Jay Umbreon
29th October 2007, 05:47 PM
I think it's a shame that what were good movie franchises can't get put to rest with a decent ending, because they're just that (such good money makers). I would have been more than happy seeing it end with Saw 3, I mean to me that was rounded off nicely and I was content with everything, but I feel now it might get to the point where they're just forcing twists to the storyline and the such =/ for the sake of the dollars rolling in. I could be wrong, but hey, guess I'll have to see for myself this weekend.

Zak
30th October 2007, 04:01 PM
Ex-CUSE me!? I'm 20, thank you very much!

Oh shit, I'm sorry. lol I don't know who I confused you with, but I thought I remembered you saying that recently, whoops! Enjoy it then!

And Chris,

Hoffman (the one in the chair) was the one who built all the traps in this movie, not John. However, his tape at the end stated that even though he was behind the whole thing, he will still be tested. The way I see it, Hoffman may or may not have been more of a copycat that admired his work than a helper, but seeing as someone will have to test him and John is dead, there has to be another person who's the TRUE new Jigsaw, and we don't know who yet. I doubt John was planning to do it before he died, because he always thinks ahead and he knew very well that he'd die.
As for Rigg, the point of his test was to think like Jigsaw (even though Hoffman was behind it), so he can't really be the new Jigsaw... yet, but it was an attempt to recruit him, and we don't know if it was successful or not. We don't even know what they do with him, if they kill him or have him keep quiet.

Even though Hoffman may be working with Jigsaw, he might still be just a pawn like Amanda was, because to him in order to carry on they have to be tested, until then they're just a pawn. Amanda was tested in Saw III and she failed.

Chris 2.1
30th October 2007, 08:01 PM
I see. I would have likd to see Rigg become the new Jigsaw since I enjoyed seeing his progression and journey through the film, having him gradually learn of the concepts etc. Hoffman was left field and random, and I can't really appreciate his character since he came out of nowhere.