PDA

View Full Version : Open Challange, Ref Needed

Cripple Me This
12th December 2002, 08:52 AM
I want a nice battle, so here are the rules.

2 v 2
24 Hour DQ
I choose first
YOu attack first
Arena- Normal Indigo.

I select Scyther for this Battle.

SR-71 EKFTS
12th December 2002, 08:55 AM
I'll accept. I choose Phanphy.

Alright, little buddy, lets start out with a CURSE. THat should strngthen you up. Then, go with a ANCIENT POWER. We could use a boost here. FInish the round with a ROLLOUT.

Cripple Me This
12th December 2002, 09:06 AM
:) My first challange! Alright, Scyther. I want a good fight from you, so start with a SCARY FACE. THen use a Swordsdance. Finally, use a Quick Attack.

The_Missing_Link
12th December 2002, 10:07 AM
I'll ref this. I'll do the reffing later today

The_Missing_Link
12th December 2002, 02:43 PM
Round 1

Scyther:100%
Scary Face~Swords Dance~Quick Attack

Phanpy:100%
Curse~Ancient Power~Rollout

A thunderous applause rushes around the Indigo stadium as 2 trainers make their way onto each side of the arena. On one ends stands a rookie fighting for the first time. Taking out a plain Pokeball, he releases it to show a young but powerful Scyther, swiping them diagonally to show that he is ready. On the other ends stands a more experienced trainer, taught in the art of battling. Taking out an identical Pokeball to many others, he releases his to show the pachaderm Phanpy. Swaying his trunk from side to side, he shows no fear of the fearless Scyther and both listen to their orders as the ref comes through the main door, with her Starmie at her side. Bringing down the flag, the battle of the day starts.

After hearing the attack scary face, Scyther retracts and bit and thinks to himself, how do I perform a scary face. Seeing Scyther's sudden confusion over the first order, Phanpy anime sweats but does his job. Standing quietly, a purple aura surrounds him and goes around clockwise. He feels peaceful, yet more powerful and feels the power welling up deep within him, waiting to be released. Finally forgetting about the attack, Scyther glances over at the small elephant and their 2 eyes meet. Now's the time to attack, they think.As Phanpy brings his front 2 feet up, Scyther starts to spin in a tight circle, becoming a blur within seconds. Phanpy brings his hoofs down and a straight line of rocks fly at the circling Scyther. They don't do much as expected though as the small pebbles connect with a spark and fly away in different directions, some coming dangerously close to Phanpy at a couple of points. Sensing that he is safe now, Scyther slows down and steadies himself by putting his scythes down. Another quick glance and they're both off on attacking again. Curling up into a tight ball, Phanpy rolls around for a couple of seconds before coming straight towards Scyther. Doing the same, Scyther pumps his wings and flies towards the tight ball, attacking with his side. Both collide with a clash and both fly backwards onto the ground, Phanpy uncurled and a bit dizzy and Scyther gaining a small bruise on his abdomen. Both Pokemon seem to be equal but only time will decide the fate of the two:

Scyther:92% Has a small bruise
Phanpy:92% A bit dizzy

I need names (if any) and a gender for Phanpy. For now, I will refer to it as a male

Cripple Me This
12th December 2002, 03:03 PM
hmm, Scyther, we're doing well, so heres what i want you to do, Start with a SAFEGAURD. It should protect you from whatever it plans. Then use a FURY CUTTER. FInally, use a WING ATTACK. We should have it down and out for the count. It'd be great if i beat my own cousin in my first battle.

SR-71 EKFTS
12th December 2002, 03:17 PM
Well Phanpjhy, I've got us a little plan. Safegaurd won't protect him from a full scale Ancient Power this time, considering Safegaurd is status effect sheild. Then Defence curl to lower the ability of Fury Swipes. Then use a Rollout to hurt that Scyther really bad. Good luck, Boomphant! (Nickname, and its a male)

The_Missing_Link
13th December 2002, 07:56 PM
Round 2

Scyther:92% Has a small bruise
Safeguard~Fury Cutter~Wing Attack

Phanpy:92% A bit dizzy
Ancient Power~Defense Curl~Rollout

Shaking his head a bit, Boomphant glares at the ready Scyther, doing likewise at Boom. Ignoring any Boom's incoming attacks, Scyther focuses upon himself and concentrates. Dozens of translucent white stars start to circle Scyther vertically in a clockwise motion as he's for now protected against the nasty attack known as toxic. Boom perfectly knows though that regular attacks can hurt Scyther and he does just that as he sends another stream of flying rocks at Scyther. Passing right through the veil, they smack into Scyther's unprotected flesh, tearing away at his skin that's pretty easy to rip open. Soon afterwards, Scyther doesn't look so great, with a dozen shallow wounds opened up and bruises all around his body. He snarls and flies at Boom. Although hurt, his speed is much greater than the mini-elephants and starts to furiously cut away at Boom. He now cries out in pain but manages to curl up and spins around. Although still doing a bit of damage, it's harder for Scyther to swipe at him and gives up to conserve his energy. Breathing a bit hard, he puts a scythe down on the ground to help with the breathing as Boom continues to spin.

He doesn't give up on the spinning though as he begins to move around the arena, building up his speed again as the blue dies away. Eyeing Boom, he speedily flies towards him while he's heading in another direction, his right wing spread out. Flying by, it slams against the small ball, which sends him reeling, but right into Scyther. Both go tumbling down into the ground, Boom uncurled and again dizzy from spinning around too long. As the ref brings her flag down, both Pokemon are back up and facing each other once more:

Scyther:77% Safeguard up for 3 more rounds, scratched up
Phanpy:80% Scratched up

SR-71 EKFTS
13th December 2002, 08:07 PM
Alright Boomphant, this is going well. That safegaurd can be annoying, so lets avoid doing anything that could not be affective. Get close enough for a body slam! Then use a Ancient Power, and finally use a Water Gun.

Cripple Me This
13th December 2002, 08:22 PM
Scyther, this looks bad. I'm not sure what to do, but lets try this. Use an Cut attack, then a Theif attack Finally, use a leer!

The_Missing_Link
16th December 2002, 06:30 PM
Well, due to CMT leaving ASB, EKFTS wins by default. I'm not sure if the winner gets anything because of this type of win, but I guess do it anyway