PDA

View Full Version : Video Footage of Tales of Symphonia/the Abyss

Fai D. Flowright
14th November 2007, 04:53 PM
Ok, so here's the fun little situation I've gotten myself into in the last week. I was invited to go to Ohayocon this year with a couple of my cosplay friends at the desire that I join them in hosting a Tales-of panel there. Of course, with any video game, discussion requires visual aid, not only for display purposes, but for quaint nostalgia and whatnot.

Since I have the devices to do so, I offered to record footage from the game with a DVD recorder to use during the panel, but, I alone (as well as the other 3 people from our group) aren't enough to shuffle remember imporant scenes or useful events/battles/strategies from the 120+ hours of cumulative gameplay from ToS and ToA... So I've come to the VG board to see if you all might have an opinion as to what should be included.

I WILL be playing both games in their entirity before going to the convention, so anything from the US versions is acceptable options, but keep in mind, I have less than 45 minutes that can and/or should be used for footage time. Also keep in mind that the panel is more on strategy, comparison, relationships, and influences; NOT the story or major character development. Our panel is already assuming that the participants have already played through the games themselves.

Thanks for the help, guys! ^_^

Should I start to see suggestions pile up, I'll probably make a list of the most useful ones that will most likely appear.

Phoenixsong
15th November 2007, 05:06 AM
God. Oh, God. DAMN I wish I was you.

Well, I've never played ToA (I own it but haven't been able to play yet), and I... I dunno where to start about ToS. If I think of anything I'll let you know... in the meantime, though, I have a suggestion if you don't mind. Another forum I visit has a little "Tales of" club, and there are people who have played both games far more recently/extensively than I have. I could go ask them if they have any input, if you think it'd help. (I'm not sure how many people here are even that familiar with the games... I can only think of a few.) But yes. Would that be helpful?

Fai D. Flowright
15th November 2007, 01:13 PM
Sure! At this point, I'll take all the help I can get. Just make sure they keep in mind that I need particular and specific pieces and parts to record, not vague topics, as that's the crossroads I've come to now.

Thanks lots! ^_^