PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible Chris Benoit might be innocent?

Master Rudy
21st November 2007, 03:45 AM
Ok first things first. I'm not some rabid WWE fan going nuts and swearing up and down that Chris might be innocent. As far as I'm concerned the "Attitude" era of the "WWF" was the best time period as far as Raw and Smackdown went. Austin, Rocky, DX, Owen Hart......those were the names that would get my attention and slowly as some WCW guys came over I grew to like them as well. However by the time of the Invasion storyline and "brand extendtion" came about I was both very busy in real life and starting to lose major intrest due to a ton of the guys I knew leaving. That being said here we go.....

Following Y2J's return on Monday night as well as hearing about other WWE related things in the past year or two (reformation of DX, return of the classic 'Deadman' Taker, ect)I've been reading up on profiles on Wiki and watching a few vids on You Tube in an attempt to catch myself up big time. Obviously when your out of the loop you don't know how much has changed. On the one hand I had no clue that the WWE now has new competition in TNA. On the other hand I wasn't so out of the loop that I didn't hear about certain deaths in recent years (Eddie to name one). In any case I eventually came accross vids and a website related to the Benoit case that pose intresting questions.

First the website:
www.justiceforbenoit.com
And a listing of the big questions..... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAHVkLBBYk8)
From the sound of certain things the local police have botched and mishandled the case big time. Here's a few key things known about the case that tend to rub a person the wrong way when you take a step back to think about things:

-Chris apprently sent SMS text messages to Chavo and a few other people who worked for the WWE with his address the night of the murder. The messages included his address and instructions for entering the home as well as saying the dogs were locked up somewhere. Upon arrival the police could not enter saying the dogs were roaming about and for 'fear' of them. How'd they get loose if Chris had them locked up?

-The first big mistake.....police send in the Benoit's neighbor who has a spare key to the front door of the house. Police wait outside as she makes the discovery of the bodies. Granted it can be argued that at this point it was nothing more than a welfare check. However explain this one to me.....isn't it normal for the cops the enter first? I mean let's face it.....at this point in time they don't know what's in there yet. They could have been sending her into a potentially dangerous situation.

-From Wikipedia
"A statement regarding Nancy Benoit's death was added to the Chris Benoit English Wikipedia article 14 hours before police discovered the bodies of Benoit and his family. This seemingly prescient addition was initially reported on Wikinews and later on FOXNews.com. The article originally read: “Chris Benoit was replaced by Johnny Nitro for the ECW World Championship match at Vengeance, as Benoit was not there due to personal issues, stemming from the death of his wife Nancy.” The phrase "stemming from the death of his wife Nancy" was added at 12:01 a.m. EDT on June 25,[48][49] whereas the Fayette County police reportedly discovered the bodies of the Benoit family at 2:30 p.m. EDT (14 hours, 29 minutes later). The IP address of the editor was traced to Stamford, Connecticut, which is also the location of WWE headquarters.[50] After news of the early death notice reached mainstream media, the anonymous poster accessed Wikinews to explain his edit as a "huge coincidence and nothing more."

That's a huge fucking coincidence don't you think? Granted it's sometimes hard to trust things on Wiki but really think about this one here.......14 and a half hours PRIOR to discovery of the bodies a person edits Benoit's profile and says he did not make Vengeance due to the death of his wife. The IP address is then traced to STAMFORD, CONNECTICUT WHICH IS HOME TO THE WWE NO LESS! Could this be a case of someone perhaps knowing a little too much?

Those are three big ones in relation to the investigation. There's much, much more to this than that which I can't cover in one post at nearly 5 AM. So check out the videos on that person's profile as well as the website. As for me? Personally I think there's still evidence saying Chris did it. However when you look at things from a new angle there are too many strange questions regarding this whole thing as well as a few timing issues regarding when the text messages went out and when Chris died as well as many more major things. Right now I'll say I'm undecided for the most part but I'm slowly leaning towards Chris having been murdered as well. I'm not a major conspiracy theroy nut but too much isn't adding up in my mind......

Magmar
22nd November 2007, 06:53 PM
You know, this is interesting and all... Do you think that maybe someone from the WWE wanted to off Benoit? Over contract issues?

Heald
22nd November 2007, 07:16 PM
The dogs point - Benoit was probably not in the soundest of minds before this tragedy. It is not infeasible that he simply forgot to.

The neighbour point - This is a bit strange, but I don't see the link between this and Benoit being framed.

The Wikipedia point - This is pretty strange, but again, not entirely infeasible, although I'd agree that maybe it wasn't a coincidence but a crossed-wire from someone who knew that Benoit was going to murder his wife (considering he sent texts to WWE staff prior to the murder).

However, I really doubt anyone at the WWE was trying to bump Benoit. First of all, upon news of his death, they cancelled RAW and had a huge tribute to him. It was only when it transpired he was responsible for the tragedy that the WWE began cutting off all ties with Benoit. Surely if they were bumping him, they wouldn't have committed such a huge u-turn of policy.

Ultimate Charizard
22nd November 2007, 08:40 PM
Or perhaps they would. I believe the term is 'Plausible deniability'

Its not likely that if there was foul play that everyone would know.
Theyre not likely to tell the entire production staff, the performers and whoever else would need to be included in the making of a broadcast show.
It could very well have been a single guy working on his own etc for what he beleived was the good of the company.
Remember talk of backstage politics is legendary. Brett Hart left the company over the most famous incident, numerous others have left and there have always been rhumours about some superstars (such as Triple H) having far too much say when it comes to plots, storylines and title reigns.
Of course going from this to murder is a fair step up.

On the other hand (and im not sure of the causes of death other than most were strangulation?) Chris Benoit was a big guy, and not just strong, he was skilled and experienced in grappling situations, probably one of the best in the business so its unlikely your agerage guy is going to be able to overpower and restrain him. This leads to 2 posibilities. 1: It was suicide as the media says or 2: It was someone he knew and trusted (and even then he'd have to catch him seriously offguard)

Master Rudy
22nd November 2007, 10:38 PM
Bret Hart left the company over the most famous incident.....

Montreal Screwjob FTL.....
In any case I agree with Gav. Yeah they gave him a tribute. Doesn't mean someone was not involved somehow. I'm not saying it was the whole WWE. Not to mention I'm not saying Benoit is 100% in the clear yet. However when you look at a number of facts too many things about this are just a bit weird. I present to you one of the strongest things in relation to the case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgl1PLooVpA

As with any case whenever something can create reasonable doubt it should be looked at. I could buy Benoit typing in the wrong address maybe once or twice. However he sent 9 text messages in all and all of them had the wrong zip code. Right mind or not I find it hard to believe he got his own address wrong. If he got the zip code wrong then why not the entire address? Not to mention he lives in the 30214 zip code. Try Mapquest or Google and see what zip pops up......

Plus let's not forget that he sent the first message at 3:53 AM Sunday morning at a time the coroner says he should have been dead already. According to reports his time of death was sometime Saturday night. If Chris has gotten up after being hung to send the messages and then hung himself again then I'll applaud it as the second coming. And granted you could say it may have taken the messages several hours to reach the phones but if I could send a text message to Kentucky from DC and recieve a reply to my own message in five minutes tops then personally I don't buy that several hour deal.

Drago
23rd November 2007, 01:17 AM
*sigh* Those facts are weird and hard to deny, and I'd like to know more, but there's little doubt in my mind that Benoit did it.
I base this on nothing but personal opinion. Which is hard, because before this I thought so highly of him.
Now I think nothing of him at all. Was interesting, played Smackdown vs. Raw for the first time in a long time today, and seeing his likeness... Just made me really angry.

Sorry, digression. Point is, I'm still not convinced.

Heald
23rd November 2007, 06:38 AM
Okay, but then what about this somewhat glaring fact:

If it is true that Nancy died on Friday, the kid on Saturday morning and Benoit later on Saturday, if Benoit was innocent, surely he would have noticed that someone was killing his son and wife and would have done something to stop it? I mean, did Benoit and the killer decide to play cards in between killing his loved ones and then staging his suicide? Considering the police made no notice of any struggle between Benoit and his killer, I really find it hard to believe that there was any conspiracy here.

Jeff
23rd November 2007, 10:21 PM
I'm one to believe that the Wikipedia thing was a coincidence. The contributions log of the person who made that edit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/69.120.111.23) shows that they were just a common vandal and nothing more. And here's the link to the confession (http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Talk:Death_of_Nancy_Benoit_rumour_posted_on_Wikipe dia_hours_prior_to_body_being_found#I_posted_the_c omment_we_are_all_talking_about_and_I_am_here_to_e xplain_that_it_was_A_HUGE_COINCIDENCE_and_nothing_ more). The person was so shocked by the result of their actions that they promised not to vandalize any more pages again, and so far that happens to be the case.

Asilynne
24th November 2007, 03:07 AM
I'm one to believe that the Wikipedia thing was a coincidence. The contributions log of the person who made that edit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/69.120.111.23) shows that they were just a common vandal and nothing more. And here's the link to the confession (http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Talk:Death_of_Nancy_Benoit_rumour_posted_on_Wikipe dia_hours_prior_to_body_being_found#I_posted_the_c omment_we_are_all_talking_about_and_I_am_here_to_e xplain_that_it_was_A_HUGE_COINCIDENCE_and_nothing_ more). The person was so shocked by the result of their actions that they promised not to vandalize any more pages again, and so far that happens to be the case.

Thanks for posting that, thats a very interesting piece of the puzzle.
I for one am sick of hearing about this from Rudy. I feel like Im walking on someones grave speculating on this >.<

Leon-IH
29th November 2007, 10:06 PM
As much as I'd like to believe Benoit was innocent, I seriously doubt it.

SlipKnoT
30th November 2007, 11:03 AM
As much as I'd like to believe Benoit was innocent, I seriously doubt it.

Same.

When I heard about this, I didn't want to believe it, I mean I REALLY didn't want to believe it, but I seriously doubt there's any conspiracy.