PDA

View Full Version : Noob question

Asilynne
26th November 2007, 05:21 PM
How do I play with other people? Can any ds do it or do I need something special to play with like you guys in the underground thing or whatever?

Perfect Chaos
26th November 2007, 06:20 PM
No, any DS can do it. What you need is a WiFi connection (usually either an open network or WEP-based). Then, you need to go to the room below in the Pokemon Center and ask the lady to register for your Friend Code.

Give you friends your Friend Code and you shall be able to trade/battle with everyone across the world :D

-Sean

Asilynne
26th November 2007, 07:01 PM
Ok Im not computer savvy so a wi fi connection is wireless internet?
Would I be able to steal a neighbors wireless internet? lol

Poryhedron
26th November 2007, 07:28 PM
Ok Im not computer savvy so a wi fi connection is wireless internet?
Would I be able to steal a neighbors wireless internet? lol

If the neighbor doesn't have any way of stopping you, yes.
A less pirate-y method would be to go to McDonald's. McDonald's has an agreement with Nintendo where you can use a wireless connection with a DS for free at any participating McDonald's. (Using the connection for something else, like a notebook computer, wouldn't be free.)

Asilynne
26th November 2007, 08:40 PM
Ok sounds good lol Id rather do it legally, I have cable internet so I cant use my own though XD Next time I feel like it Ill go to mcdonalds and try it out rofl

ty for the help :D

Chris 2.1
26th November 2007, 08:50 PM
I think Starbucks also do a similar thing, but it is not through Nintendo. Might be Uk only though.

Phoenixsong
27th November 2007, 05:24 PM
Plenty of coffee shops have free wireless internet, but it's not necessarily "certified" to work with the DS. You can try it, though.

For the record, you can only trade and battle online with friends, use the GTS or download Battle Tower teams. Things like the Sinnoh Underground or Super Contests require a direct DS-to-DS connection. You couldn't "hang out underground with us" unless we were right there next to you.

Charles Legend
29th November 2007, 12:37 PM
Another option is to get yourself a Nintendo Wii, I think that works, which is a good thing for People who are not near a WiFi hot spot or can't afford wireless Internet Serves...

~Charles Legend

Poryhedron
29th November 2007, 06:55 PM
...I actually bought myself a wireless router so I could use the DS's WiFi features. It plugs into my cable internet and creates my own hotspot; it didn't cost much at all. Plus, the laptop PC owners in my house love the convenience.