PDA

View Full Version : Snap Returns!

mr_pikachu
1st December 2007, 11:28 PM
It's true. According to the Pokemon main site, Pokemon Snap is coming back on the Virtual Console! It will be available for download on December 10th for 1,000 Wii Points. Complete with new features, such as the ability to post pictures to the Wii Message Board and send them to other players.

So, who's getting the new and improved Pokemon Snap?

EDIT: After doing a little more research, I've found that the Virtual Console Snap will be available in Japan on the 4th. Wonder if anyone will try any creative modifications...

AdventureSerum
5th December 2007, 01:07 PM
Well, that's nice, I suppose. It doesn't really affect me anyway considering I don't own a Wii but I do own the original Pokemon Snap for N64. I bet the controls with the Wiimote are very cool, though. The picture shareability is also a plus. What I would like is for them to make an updated version with a whopping album of ALL the pokemon. Maybe then it would take more than an hour or two to beat.

Blademaster
5th December 2007, 03:17 PM
Pokemon Snap is an example of one problem with games ported from earlier consoles onto the Wii: Using the N64 controller for that game was amusing because it was such a bizzare gadget, but the Wii Classic Controller (or the GameCube controller I'll be using) isn't going to be too interesting.

It'll never happen, but it'd be nice if games like this could be programmed to be compatible with the Wiimote's motion sensor controls. Point the Wiimote and snapping pictures would make this game great again.

Houndoom_Lover
5th December 2007, 06:44 PM
FINALLY!! I really miss the days when you could go to the video store and print out Pokemon stickers with it ^-^ I got to the Mew level in the first week I got that game!! SQUEEE! I looove that game! I had a dream about it once! I was a Vulpix on the lava level, and they were throwing apples at us ^_^

Drago
5th December 2007, 07:20 PM
FINALLY!! I really miss the days when you could go to the video store and print out Pokemon stickers with it ^-^ I got to the Mew level in the first week I got that game!! SQUEEE! I looove that game! I had a dream about it once! I was a Vulpix on the lava level, and they were throwing apples at us ^_^
Apples? Pfft, I much preferred piffing Pester Balls. Nothing quite as fun as throwing grenades at Pokemon and watching them cark it right in front of you.
Anyway, Snap was indeed a fun, finely-crafted game, but worth little more than a rental. Sending photos is a welcome addition, but the price of admission doesn't justify a purchase. That being said, I expect everyone to send me photos to show me how much fun they're having. lol

Houndoom_Lover
7th December 2007, 05:37 PM
But you can't eat a Pester Ball...I mean, you could, but you get more juice from an Apple. OOoh, but the ball would have more fiber.

Crazy Elf Boy
7th December 2007, 08:30 PM
But you can't eat a Pester Ball...I mean, you could, but you get more juice from an Apple. OOoh, but the ball would have more fiber.

What are you talking about, Pester balls are the best. mmmmmm gasy.

Anyway I still like snap it is a good game, the only one trouble was I could never get a photo of one pokemon MUK which I needed to complete the game.

AdventureSerum
7th December 2007, 09:13 PM
The thing you had to do to get Muk was rather annoying, as I recall...

Crazy Elf Boy
7th December 2007, 09:17 PM
I am pretty sure you had to throw a pester ball at a grimer or something and it evolved

Blademaster
7th December 2007, 11:24 PM
Three Pester Balls, in fact. This requires precision aim and fast reflexes, all for a Muk that's usually along the sidelines of the Cave and worth diddly. The only way to get a good pic of Muk is to wait until you go over a small ridge after the first 2 Grimers, drop Pester Balls on a Grimer on the opposite wall, then line up the camera while it wastes precious seconds evolving and snap it from the exact right angle to fill the picture, get its face, AND get a decent pose.

Sound easy to you? Didn't think so.

Drago
9th December 2007, 12:27 AM
Muk was great. Seriously, it always looked like it was flipping you off.
http://www.danielbrtoys.com/Variados/Poke_Chav_Muk.jpg

AdventureSerum
9th December 2007, 07:28 PM
I have that keychain! x3

I ususally got a pretty good size and pose on Muk. It was my crappy pester ball aim that made it hard for me. Didn't you also have to take a picture of all the Grimers or something?

Blademaster
9th December 2007, 08:31 PM
I think snapping pics of the other Grimers makes the one I mentioned appear in the first place, yeah. Forgot about that part...

EDIT: Off-topic, but am I the only one who ever bought those keychains and then unscrewed the keychain part, removed it, and had the little Pokemon figurines battle each other? Those were the days... ^^;

Crazy Elf Boy
10th December 2007, 03:17 AM
I think snapping pics of the other Grimers makes the one I mentioned appear in the first place, yeah. Forgot about that part...

EDIT: Off-topic, but am I the only one who ever bought those keychains and then unscrewed the keychain part, removed it, and had the little Pokemon figurines battle each other? Those were the days... ^^;

Eh, why bother with that. Just buy the figurines and have battles with them. There better because they came with discs that you could throw across the room (or feed to little brothers).

Blademaster
10th December 2007, 06:06 AM
I bought keychains of the ones Toys 'R Us had no figurines of, and vice-versa. :sweat2:

Orange_Flaaffy
16th December 2007, 11:09 PM
I just found out about this, not from this site, but from a youtube video...
I always loved making Jigglypuff sing. It was/is worth so much more than a rental to me...But then, I loved Hey You! Pikachu to ;)
I had a soft plastic pikachu keychain with a coin-slot in his back..I miss him :( I always will remember the day he got run over by that car in San Franisco and I saved him...

AdventureSerum
20th December 2007, 12:14 PM
I had a plush meowth with a velcro pouch in the back. I would hide candy in it and eat it when I watched Pokemon on Saturday mornings. Good times, good times.

Drago
28th December 2007, 01:26 AM
In order to continue the Snapping discussion, I thought I'd resurrect a post I made about the N64 game back in January '04...

I was interested in hearing some peep’s photography scores. I played recently today, and rediscovered that Oak has absolutely no taste whatsoever. …Mook.

Well, my top three shots are
Mew, Rainbow, 9880
Yeah, of course. I’m not particularly fond of this shot, but I doubt anyone has a higher scoring shot than a perfect Mew. *shrug*
Special 2500, Size 940, Pose 1500

Pikachu, Beach, 6440
Not too bad a shot, least it makes sense. The Pika shot (out of many) was the Thunder on the stump. Bit of a Same Pokemon bonus thrown in with the special, and bam. You’ve got a high score.
Special 1300, Size 490, Pose 1300, Same Pokemon 260

Jigglypuff, Cave, 6380
Once again, a pretty puerile shot helped along by its special bonus. Indeed, it’s the singin’ trio at the end. On the plus side, I replaced the same shot with a lower score, so at least it looks nicer.
Special 1200, Size 310, Pose 1400, Same Pokemon 560

My lowest three are
Lapras, Beach, 3140
Not too bad a shot, the damned Lapras were just too far away to really do much, and the bad posing didn’t help matters either. If I were to try a bit harder, this could produce just a bit of a better score.
Size 440, Pose 100, Same Pokemon 260

Staryu, Valley, 3060
Haven’t really tried too much on Staryu. It’s just a lone Pokemon, sitting in the middle of the frame. Booooriiiiiing… Although I doubt there’s really all that much that can be done with Staryu.
Size 530, Pose 1000

Shellder, River, 2390
Aaaaaargh!! This is like the ultimate loser Pokemon for Snap. Size, pose, there’s just nothing that this Pokemon will do for you. Sometimes you’ll get lucky, but you’ll still end up with nothing to stick in your album…
Size 260, Pose 750, Same Pokemon 370

And finally, my favourite shot, it is of course…
Bulbasaur, River, 5060
Too bad this ranks a questionable #6 in my report, I really think this is a nice shot. Two Bulbas, eating apples, taking up the frame, and looking my way. But like I said, Oak has no class, and this will go on being unappreciated for a long while.
Size 880, Pose 1200, Same Pokemon 900

So who here can beat my scores? I’d wager a whole lot of people. lol

Blademaster
28th December 2007, 04:15 AM
Well, my top three shots are
Mew, Rainbow, 9880
Yeah, of course. I’m not particularly fond of this shot, but I doubt anyone has a higher scoring shot than a perfect Mew. *shrug*
Special 2500, Size 940, Pose 1500

My best is the same, except I filled the frame enough to get a 990 on Size. That gives me a total of 9980. You have to have absolutely perfect timing on this shot... That's the only tip I can give, since the only thing that kept me from a perfect score was the tips of Mew's tail and middle toe being out of the frame.

Lapras, Beach, 3140
Not too bad a shot, the damned Lapras were just too far away to really do much, and the bad posing didn’t help matters either. If I were to try a bit harder, this could produce just a bit of a better score.
Size 440, Pose 100, Same Pokemon 260

Staryu, Valley, 3060
Haven’t really tried too much on Staryu. It’s just a lone Pokemon, sitting in the middle of the frame. Booooriiiiiing… Although I doubt there’s really all that much that can be done with Staryu.
Size 530, Pose 1000

My scores are similar. The trick with Lapras is to get pictures of as many Lapras as you can earlier in the level, before the small lagoon just before (Or after - I forget.) the second patch of tall Scyther-housing grass. Then snap the Lapras in the distance at that spot; a Lapras will rise out of the lagoon and pose for you.

Shellder, River, 2390
Aaaaaargh!! This is like the ultimate loser Pokemon for Snap. Size, pose, there’s just nothing that this Pokemon will do for you. Sometimes you’ll get lucky, but you’ll still end up with nothing to stick in your album…
Size 260, Pose 750, Same Pokemon 370

There's an easy way to combat this. Get the Slowpoke of the level to go fishing as early as you can; when it gets a bite and pulls its tail out of the water, a swelling Shellder will be latched onto its tail for a couple of seconds before the two evolve. Pull up to the shore and take a pic of that Shellder and you can break 3000-3500 easily.