PDA

View Full Version : I give you Kuchito's true Face

AKA Pokemon Fan
12th December 2002, 08:55 AM
Turns out the little freak isn't as terrible looking as we thought. I'm sure a few people have seen this but I'm posting it for the benefit of those who haven't. I got the picture from the same site I found the screenshots of the new opening.

http://www.pokevalley.com/~pokemon/site/images/rsback/069.gif

So it seems Kuchito is simply one of those creatures that gives the enemy the impression of having a more ferocious face than it really does. Examples would include the Lanturn/Peanut Bug and various eye-spotted moths. Now I think its kind of cute. :)

Crystal Vulpix
12th December 2002, 09:24 AM
Hey, I know that its cute, but everybody saw it earlier. Its a normal pokemon!

Chris 2.1
12th December 2002, 10:41 AM
he rules! why does he face away from the opponent though? he could bend his teeth around to the other side if he wanted too.

thanks, he is cool!

Crystal Vulpix
12th December 2002, 10:59 AM
When you use him on battle, he looks very pretty:D Now I understand, what you want to say! He is very nice and has beauty eyes.

Zak
12th December 2002, 03:53 PM
What does this have to do with the anime? Kuchiito hasnt even BEEN debuted yet. *boots over to R/S*

Fel
12th December 2002, 04:25 PM
Kuchito is actually a pretty solid little brute.

I thought he was a wuss at first, until I started training him for battling at the normal-type gym (taking 3 Fighting types and 3 rock/steels). He's actually not bad at all, after he learns a couple of decent moves.

The Rusted One
12th December 2002, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I kinda figured about it standing with its back towards its opponents; but it's cool to see it face on, too.

Scythemantis
12th December 2002, 04:54 PM
Whaddaya mean, terrible looking little freak? I liked it better when I thought the jaws stuck out of its front. Now it looks like some sort of poodly DOG thing (hate dogs), but either way its too cutesy now for me. :P :P :P

mudkip007
12th December 2002, 05:30 PM
is that the sprite you see when you use him, like from behind?

AKA Pokemon Fan
12th December 2002, 07:21 PM
Yes, that's the back sprite that you see when you battle with it.

Anyway I'm sorry about it being in a wrong topic. My reasoning was that since it was simply an image of a new Pokemon than it could go in either games or anime, and since those in games were more likely to already know what Kuchito really looks like I put it in anime for the benefit of those who never visit the games discussions.

darkside
13th December 2002, 07:02 AM
whoa! for one thing, he really had me deceived, like the evo of ametama :)

mudkip007
13th December 2002, 03:23 PM
since that's the back of him, maybe that's not his face. He has these big teeth in the front, maybe the face we saw is just a scaring technique, like butterflys have to scare their predators. : yes: It's just a thought, but maybe we are seeing him from the front.

RyuukoAremi
13th December 2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by mudkip007
since that's the back of him, maybe that's not his face. He has these big teeth in the front, maybe the face we saw is just a scaring technique, like butterflys have to scare their predators. : yes: It's just a thought, but maybe we are seeing him from the front.

*gasp* No, really?! *<--sarcasm* I figured out that it's standing to where it's odd creepy growth is facing the front after a few times of seeing the first sprite.

.... Now I /REALLY/ wish that Kuchiito would be available in Sapphire. =\

Spagghettor
13th December 2002, 04:46 PM
Holy poop. The thing actually has eyes?

Also.. why do people think it's "cute"? Normally when I think of "cute" pokemon, I think "AAAAGH! KILL IT!". This thing is more on the level of Eevee evolutions as far as cuteness... it doesn't look like it would murder you in your sleep, it doesn't look stupid, but it isn't "AAAAGH! KILL IT!"-cute, like Pikachu. ::stomps on a pikachu::

Also.. why is it Steel type? It doesn't even look like it has any metal on it. Unless maybe its mouth-thing's OTHER teeth {the ones that don't hang out} are metal-y.

Scythemantis
13th December 2002, 08:02 PM
I think the entire mouth and its base (the jagged part with ears on his head) is all metal. It doesn't have to be jointed to be flexible or anything, this is pokemon after all :) The teeth sticking out could be steel, they don't have to be a certain color to be metal :)