PDA

View Full Version : Game: *-|-Death Sentence*-|- (100% Lady Vulpix-approved)

Blademaster
14th December 2007, 05:51 PM
Helloooooo, PCG! I was musing over an old word game I played as a kid where you had to make a bigger and bigger word by adding letters to it; the loser would be the person who couldn't make the word any bigger, when I thought 'Why not make it a bit more challenging and put it on TPM?' So, that's what I'm doing. :)

Starting the game: When a new round begins, anyone who wants to play posts that they want to join that round. After 5 players join or 5 days pass, the round will be 'closed' and the game will begin; players must post in the order that they joined in. If a player posts out of turn, their post will be ignored. If the to-post player doesn't post within 5 days, he/she/it will be disqualified and the round starts anew. This is how gameplay progresses.

The object of the game: At the start of a round, one player (the winner of the prior round, most likely) posts a short sentence of 3-10 letters. After that, other players take turns posting up to 3 letters and making a new sentence. Aside from the 5 bulleted letters (See below.), any letters can be posted. Letters can be repeated if need be. Ergo, posting letter combos like 'A,' 'BI,' 'GOG,' 'FF,' and 'OOO' are all legal. Any sentence - be it declarative, interrogative, imperative, or exclamative - that can be made with the letters of the last sentence posted and the new letters being posted is legal as well. So if the last sentence was "This is madness!" and the next poster in turn posts the letters 'PAA,' he or she can make any sentence containing the letters 'THISISMADNESSPAA.'

Example:
Player 1 posts the sentence "Eat vices ."
Player 2 posts the letters A and H and makes the new sentence "I hate caves." (The sentences don't have to make sense, but they must be sentences, containg both a verb and a predicate.).

To keep the game from going on forever, at the start of each round, five 'bullet letters' are chosen. These letters can't be used during that round. They may be added to if the round goes on for too long.

The rules of the game:
1. All words must be in English.
2. Words including any form of punctuation, including umlauts and hyphens, are prohibited.
3. Proper words may be used, provided they are compliant with Rules 1 and 2.
4. No words from a previous sentence may be repeated in the new one. This is to prohibit the abuse of short 'all-purpose words' like 'and,' 'the,' 'or,' etc..
5. The following letters, if not bulleted, can only be posted once every five posts: X, Z, J, Q, S.
6. All general rules of PCG must be abided by EXCEPT the wait-two-posts-to-post-again rule. This is for when the game gets down to 2 or 3 people and posting once every third post just won't be enough.

Winning the game: The last two players to remain will be pit against one another in 'Sudden Death.' During this time, I will post the sentence and the order. The sentence may be of any legal length, and each player will be required to post a specific legal number of letters of my choice. When one player is unable to do so, the round ends; the remaining player is declared the Death Sentencer of that round, and the next game begins.

Any questions? Let me know. In the meantime, sign-ups are now... OPEN!

(cuts ribbon)

I'm joining Round 1. Four more slots, folks! :D

~Blade

Mystic_clown
15th December 2007, 08:31 PM
I'll join.

Houndoom_Lover
16th December 2007, 12:03 PM
*still reading the rules over and over again* ^-^ I'm gunna give it a whirl, please.

Edit: And if someone better then me comes along, they can take my spot ^-^

Shadow Wolf
17th December 2007, 10:23 AM
I'll go for it. This can be useful for me to practice.

Crazy Elf Boy
18th December 2007, 04:44 AM
I will sign up for this

Blademaster
18th December 2007, 05:38 AM
Alright, sign-ups for Round 1 are closed.

Players are, in order:

-Blademaster
-Mystic_clown
-Houndoom_Lover
-shinypkmnchaser
-Crazy Elf Boy

That makes me first. So, let's start off with an easy sentence.

"I am."

Houndoom_Lover
18th December 2007, 05:08 PM
How about...

M and H to create..."I'm Ham."

Blademaster
19th December 2007, 02:55 PM
You've got the object of the game. However...

After 5 players join or 5 days pass, the round will be 'closed' and the game will begin; players must post in the order that they joined in. If a player posts out of turn, their post will be ignored.

Thank you.

Houndoom_Lover
23rd December 2007, 04:24 PM
Oh -.- Sorry, well maybe if someone *whips around and looks at Mystic and then at you* ...I don't even remember where I was going with that sentence- well, at least I know what's going on. Someone start something ^_^.

Blademaster
24th December 2007, 02:53 PM
Feel free to post, Houndy. MC is disqualified from the round for not posting within the 5-day DQ time.

Sorry, MC.

Houndoom_Lover
27th December 2007, 03:02 PM
Oh..^_^ Then,
M and H to create..."I'm Ham."

(I am was hard >.<)

Shadow Wolf
27th December 2007, 08:52 PM
Well, by adding N and E, it can become...

"Name him."