PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 3

Mikachu Yukitatsu
22nd December 2007, 03:56 AM
I ask here for opinions about this expensive-considered console. Also questions and answers to them are welcome.

I bought the more expensive version four months ago, and my question is: it should support PSX and PS2 games, but in Final Fantasy XII's video clips and Ratchet & Clank 1 and 3 in-game scenes the graphics...cut (I don't know if it's the correct English term) and Bomberman World's musics have the same problem.

Is this problem regular?

Roy Karrde
22nd December 2007, 08:19 AM
I had problems with my FFXII Video, especially the blurriness of color. I believe one of the first updates has fixed most if not all of those problems though.

Blademaster
22nd December 2007, 08:19 AM
Considering the PS3 is a piece of crap and the biggest letdown to mainline gaming consoles since the Dreamcast went under, I'd say yes. Another proud moment for Sony.

Roy Karrde
23rd December 2007, 10:13 AM
Considering the PS3 is a piece of crap and the biggest letdown to mainline gaming consoles since the Dreamcast went under, I'd say yes. Another proud moment for Sony.

Nice bit of flame bait, good job at contributing absolutely nothing to the topic...

Blademaster
23rd December 2007, 01:18 PM
Thank you. GameFAQs membership has its perks after all.

Roy Karrde
23rd December 2007, 01:23 PM
GameFAQs membership

Ahh that explains everything.

Anyway back on topic, Mikachu do you have any of the current PS3 games yet? It seems Warhawk is the popular multiplayer game right now. Also the newest update allows for alot of things, including DIVX support, and the ability to play * and stream with alot of lag * PS1 games from the PS3 Disk Drive to the PSP.

Blademaster
23rd December 2007, 01:31 PM
Ahh that explains everything.

If by 'everything,' you mean 'less-than-pretty words to express my distaste for the aforementioned 7th-generation monstrosity Sony produced,' then you're right. Otherwise... not so much.

Just clarifying that.

PNT510
23rd December 2007, 06:48 PM
There isn't really anything wrong with the PS3. It's no longer overly expensive with the new $399 and it's a great piece of hardware.

It's biggest flaw is it's software. The PSN doesn't compare to Xbox Live and it's lacking alot of great exclusives. That being said with games like Warhawk, Uncharted, and Racket and Clank all having just come out the system is in a much better spot now than it was when it launched last year.

Blademaster
24th December 2007, 03:04 PM
That I'll agree with. The price drop and the new games out/coming out (R&C and MGS4 especially, it seems) are a step in the right direction for the system, but if the sales numbers and the overall reception so far are any indication, the PoS3 still has a LOT of redeeming to do.

And I'm not even gonna touch the whole Blu-Ray issue - that's a whole other topic.

firepokemon
26th December 2007, 07:08 AM
I remember 2 or 3 years ago saying that there is no fucking way microsoft or nintendo will compete with sony and ps3. Boy was i fucking wrong lol.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
28th December 2007, 03:45 AM
I think only the popular franchises like Metal Gear can prevent the PS3 to be a total disaster. It currently lacks the software to compete.

For what it offeres the PS3 isn't competitive when it comes to the price in my opinion. If I want fancy shmancy graphics I turn on my PC, it does everything the PS3 or XBox 360 do. Sure a decent PC is six or seven times as expensive if you want it capable to compete with the PS3's graphic abilities but it simply offers more for the money, from a much broader range of games to superior online capabilities, the ability to upgrade the machine and use it for totally different aspects than gaming ... the list is endless. So only real exclusive titles of renown make the PS3 a worthy purchase for 400 bucks.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th December 2007, 01:11 AM
Anyway back on topic, Mikachu do you have any of the current PS3 games yet? It seems Warhawk is the popular multiplayer game right now. Also the newest update allows for alot of things, including DIVX support, and the ability to play * and stream with alot of lag * PS1 games from the PS3 Disk Drive to the PSP.

I HAVE MotorStorm and Resistance Fall Of Man. I bought the 'starter pack' if I remember the name. I haven't played them too much, tried MotorStorm sometimes, and played some Resistance cooperative mode with a friend. I mostly use my PS3 to play multiplayer games like Bomberman World and my PS2 games becuase I now have only one PS1 controller and don't have PS2 anymore (it was thrown away!).

Roy Karrde
30th December 2007, 01:31 AM
Well hey tell me your screen name and some time we can play. I have Resistance also and we could do some multiplayer ^_^.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th December 2007, 01:42 AM
Hey I'm sorry but it's a problem, I don't have internet at home! I use the net here in Ylivieska in libraries and in Mielikkitalo!

PNT510
30th December 2007, 11:42 AM
How is Resistance? I was thinking of getting it but fear it would just get lost in the shuffle with with all the other shooters I own like Halo, Call of Duty, and the Orange Box.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
31st December 2007, 03:51 AM
I simply prefer Quake to Resistance. I don't know if you can compare these two game (series), but Resistance is not so amusing, I found Quake perfect if you want to have a good laugh. All those funny noises the players make. I am not disappointed, though, Resistance is an average game and take note that there aren't so many competitors for Playstation 3 yet.