PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Kysymyksiä (Finnish for 'questions')

Mikachu Yukitatsu
22nd December 2007, 04:20 AM
Sorry about the title, I wanted to make it one-of-a-kind. Here you are, 3 completely unrelated questions!

1. What was the first video- or computer game you played through?

2. How well do your frinends and relatives know that you go to TPM?

3. Have you ever watched the second season or newer of an anime without seeing the first season?

My answers:

1. Final Fantasy VII. It was September 1998 I think. A friend of mine was visiting me and he wanted me to show him the game. I didn't think I could survive the Sephiroths, I was a poor player even compared to my current level back then. I used mostly Summons and sometimes magic, almost never regular attacks. Anyway, I managed to beat them for the first time then.

2. They know quite well that I go to Internet message boards, but not all of them know what TPM is. Of course, some of them think we only talk: "Pikachu it, Pikachu that" all the time. Rather than that, I myself think we speak more like mr_pikachu it, mr_pikachu that ;)

3. You could say that. I have watched only a few episodes of the first season of Digimon, but seen a lot of the second season. I wasn't interested in Digimon yet when they showed the first season, I thought it was a Pokémon copy. Now I'd like to see the first season, too, though.

Lady Vulpix
22nd December 2007, 07:25 AM
Smurfs, for ColecoVision.

2. How well do your friends and relatives know that you go to TPM?
I've told just about everyone who's close to me.

3. Have you ever watched the second season or newer of an anime without seeing the first season?
Yes, if I catch them on TV, I watch them at whatever point I catch them. Then if I like them enough, I may catch up with the older episodes.

darktyranitar
22nd December 2007, 07:37 AM
I believe it was Super Mario Bros.

My family know I spend a lot of my time on TPM (as well as knowing that I'm a mod, hehe), but there's only a friend or two of mine who know that I regularly visit TPM.

I think I have... but I can't really recall which one.

Blademaster
22nd December 2007, 08:29 AM
1. What was the first video or computer game you played through?
The first one I ever played was Super Mario Bros., which I only ever got to World 6 of as a kid.
The first one I ever played THROUGH (to the end) was Super Mario World. God bless Save Files.

2. How well do your friends and relatives know that you go to TPM?
Not at all, except my mom knows I hang out on 'a Pokemon site' a lot.

Yu-Gi-Oh!, because the true first season was never shown in the U.S. due to its 'excessive violence (Yeah, but animes like DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Naruto are just fine, though. Fuck you very much, 4Kids...).'

Dark-San
22nd December 2007, 11:10 AM

It has to be Pacman. Yes, I know that it is a very old game that none of the members here are interested to play in. But then to a kid whose entire childhood is all about assessment books, Pacman was his only known form of entertainment.

Yeah for my case, my entire family knows of it. But they do not care about it, though my dad also laugh at me once in a while.

As for my friends, they just know that I mod a forum for animes. But what they did not know was that the forum was from a Pokemon- based board.

Yes, I rarely do it but then I always refer back to the previous season and watched them all via online video streaming. If I am not wrong that title was 'You are Under Arrest- Full Throttle'. Well it was in its third season already and I had only finished up on the first two seasons like a week ago.

Drago
24th December 2007, 01:30 AM
For my own amusement, I was going to use the Finnish word for 'answers' in this post. I have not been able to figure out what that word is yet. A good three minutes wasted in that fruitless study...

Jeez, I reckon it would have been Super Mario World, also the first game I'd ever owned... By 'played through' though, I insinuate that I beat Bowser in it. Actually completing it 100% took a while longer than that.

My sister knows, because she lurks here rarely, but that's about it. I don't hide it, but it's not like people ask about what I do on the Internet anyhow.

Supposedly. I didn't start watching DBZ 'til the Namek saga. I think that was the second season.

Shadow Wolf
24th December 2007, 08:01 AM
I believe it was Super Mario Bros. My cousin gave me his Nintendo as a gift in 1995 and I remember me playing Super Mario bros. and Kung Fu. I couldn't beat any of those games.

Ironically, the first game I've ever beaten was The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, another great series of nintendo.

Well, they know, but they simply don't care, to be honest. Check this conversation with my big brother.

-Hey Gohan(that's how everyone call him now), I won my first legendary plushie at Pokemon Hangman.

-Congratulations! Now win a bunch of flowers and begin crying.

-...Gee, thanks! :sweat:

Well, I think that happened with Digimon and Power Rangers. I watched the fourth season of Digimon, and the tenth season of Power Rangers. Later I would watch both first seasons.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
26th December 2007, 03:57 AM
1. Not counting the games that you cannot play through (eg. they start over at level 1 once you have completed all 32 levels, like in many old NES games), that would have to be Super Mario Bros., back in 1988.

2. Hmm, one or two remember I once went there, I don't think they know I'm still around.

3. They don't show many animes around here in the first place and those are always repeats. Counting only those I really like and do watch (not just see an episode once every blue moon) I cannot say I saw the 2nd season before the 1st.

firepokemon
26th December 2007, 06:58 AM

Bug Hunt on some terrible atari type computer where you got a
gun and would shoot bugs.

My brother knows, he use to post here and he'd use my username and stuff. I punched him lol.

DBZ. I was into late Freezia stage.