PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas~

PNT510
25th December 2007, 07:56 AM
It's a wonderful day of too many presents, too much food, and too much family. I hope everyone at TPM has a glorious Christmas.

Vejodi
25th December 2007, 09:01 AM
Cheers Peter. Wishing both yourself and TPM a fantastic Christmas! :)

Toxicity
25th December 2007, 11:05 AM
Merry Christmas, guys.

Enjoy your presents and the eggnog. I know I will.

Knight of Time
25th December 2007, 11:43 AM
I just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, of course, to those that don't celebrate Christmas, happy holidays.

Hope you guys enjoyed your gifts as much as I did, this year's Christmas was just incredible.

Blademaster
25th December 2007, 02:36 PM
MERRY FUCKIN' CHRISTMAS, TPM!!!!!

(chugs eggnog)

And I am NOT drunk!

DarkTemplarZero
25th December 2007, 11:54 PM
Let's have a drink, or maybe two,
or maybe three or four,
or five, or six, or seven, or eight,
or maybe even more

for auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne
we'll take a cup of kindness yet
for the sake of auld lang syne!

Merry Christmas all!

Drago
26th December 2007, 02:17 AM
I hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas! I had a pretty good haul this year; iPod, DVD recorder, liquor... that kinda stuff.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
26th December 2007, 03:33 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you, though I'm a bit late with it. I got a cell phone this Christmas, that's it. My previous one was really starting to get old and fall apart, so it was about time.

Zak
26th December 2007, 04:19 AM
Marry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone here. Even though no one's aware that both of the other holidays were a week ago. Ha.

I got a laptop and a couple DVDs.

Dark-San
26th December 2007, 04:34 AM
Merry Christmas to all. I too had one of the best Christmas this year since all of my friends did returned from their overseas studies and join us for the first time. The next thing I knew it, the celebrations went overnight till noon from eve till Christmas itself. >.<;

firepokemon
26th December 2007, 06:48 AM
Too fucking long. Christmas drunk. Boxing day drunk.

Heald
26th December 2007, 09:18 AM
I sent my sister a lovely boxed perfume set, her husband a DVD and their son a new toy.

What did they collectively give in return?

A frisbee.

So, I'll be playing with that today, while taking a break in between Metroid Prime 3 and Crysis.

I also still have a present to open from my brother, who I'll see tomorrow.

Been getting really drunk lately but I'll save the good stuff for Hogmanay. Because Xmas is for family, and Hogmanay for drinking. Har har!

Starry Might
26th December 2007, 01:58 PM
Merry (belated) Christmas, everybody! :D

We went to our annual get-together yesterday. Oh, and is this topic the place where I should say what I got?

Toxicity
26th December 2007, 03:26 PM
Clothes and money aside, all that I received were Guitar Hero III and a bracelet.

I might fashion said bracelet into an ID bracelet just for somebody or even myself to fake seizures in public.

Dark Scizor
26th December 2007, 03:46 PM
Turkey day was a good day :)

Starry Might
26th December 2007, 03:48 PM
Clothes and money aside, all that I received were Guitar Hero III and a bracelet.

I might fashion said bracelet into an ID bracelet just for somebody or even myself to fake seizures in public.
:eek:

Anyways, yesterday I got...

* Money
* Clothes
* "Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles" guide book (I don't actually have a Wii - let alone this game - but my Dad correctly figured I'd like to look at it 'cause we both like this series)
* "Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime" (I'm playing it right now as I type this :keke:)
* "Elite Beat Agents"

And today, I got in the mail the following games my Dad ordered for me before Christmas at my request!:

* "Heroes of Might and Magic V: Hammers of Fate"
* "Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East"
* "TouchMaster"
* "Planet Puzzle League"

Greyfox
26th December 2007, 09:23 PM
I received all three seasons of Arrested Development. I am quite pleased with how this holiday fared.

-Grey

Ultimate Charizard
26th December 2007, 09:31 PM
Hmm....
New Coat, 2 pairs of jeans (which i needed since all my others were torn to shreds), Greatest hits of David Gray CD, Transformers limited edition DVD, assorted smell based products and assorted 'service station' crap from the extended family.
Oh and money...not rich but enough to get my X-box back online and a few things from Games Workshop (sinc my parents refuse to go in and buy me anything from there)

Katie
27th December 2007, 12:13 AM
Merry Christmas TPM!

I finally joined the year 2003 and got and ipod =D (nano, 8gb, green, wooo)
I've spent the last 5 hours copying my CDs to it. I haven't begun shopping yet. $75 worth of shopping to be precise.

I also got $$$$ which is great, because I was a grand short of what I need for school by uh... next week? Not all the way there, but paycheck is coming...

Also a cute new coat that is a very pretty color of dark green.

...And random things that no one cares about (as if they did before)

I was also happy about what I gave everyone as well, since I upped my per person budget this year (see above: college debt. Whoops)

Jeff
27th December 2007, 01:00 AM
*Finally pulls self away from Super Mario Galaxy. I got a "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader" game for our family's annual New Year's Eve party, some clothes, some socks (as I put it, it wouldn't be Christmas without socks), an electronic Rubik's Cube, and two awesome games: Mario Galaxy (as has been mentioned), and Phantom Hourglass, which I've been playing when my brothers have been hogging the Wii.

midnightangel
27th December 2007, 06:40 AM
My Christmas was strange but fun. My brother and his wife are in Egypt for the new year, so the family didn't have the 'family meal' like we did in the past. And of course my sister tried to start some crap with me and in turn, my mom told her to shut up which to me was funny as hell :P
Wheee Families are fun, eh?

Anyway, I received cash from my mom this year. With that I bought dvds, some clothes, and a couple of things for the apartment...and a stuffed Pikachu that sits next to the computer

Other than that, I went to a gathering with some friends that I have known for a few months. We mingled, sang some songs, and had a great time

It was an alright Christmas ;)

PNT510
27th December 2007, 09:57 AM
I received all three seasons of Arrested Development. I am quite pleased with how this holiday fared.

-Grey

I received two copies of of Arrested Development season 1. lol :)

On top of that I also got New Super Mario Bros. for the DS, Resident Evil 4 for the Wii, a handful of DVDs.

Houndoom_Lover
27th December 2007, 02:52 PM
Merry (Insert celebrated hiolday here) everyone! ^_^ Hmm, It seems I got the stomach flu for Christmas *does a one man wave* Yay me ^_^U.

CuteLassJigglypuff
27th December 2007, 03:29 PM
Happy Holidays TPM!

This year I got some money, clothes, 2 Best Buy gift cards, and a few games and DVDs.

Starry Might
28th December 2007, 07:11 AM
Merry (Insert celebrated hiolday here) everyone! ^_^ Hmm, It seems I got the stomach flu for Christmas *does a one man wave* Yay me ^_^U.
Yikes. :( I hope you're feeling better today. :)

Magmar
28th December 2007, 11:37 AM
Merry Christmas, oh so belated... and I got a new bass guitar!!!!!! Wheeeeeeeeeee and already have been jamming with it like nonstop. Whoot!

Greyfox
29th December 2007, 05:36 AM
I received two copies of of Arrested Development season 1. lol :)

You still win XMAS.

-Grey

Gavin Luper
29th December 2007, 09:39 AM
Hurrah, Merry Belated Christmas and stuff to all!

Merry Christmas, oh so belated... and I got a new bass guitar!!!!!! Wheeeeeeeeeee and already have been jamming with it like nonstop. Whoot!

OK, so I was actually posting here purely to reply to your post, Magmar, cause I'm thinking of getting a bass guitar when I can afford it (which for all I know will be never...) but anyway, I'd really love to learn to play it. Is it hard to learn or what?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th December 2007, 12:47 AM
My top 3 Christmas presents this summer... I mean winter were a large book called 'Suomen kielioppi' (Finnish for 'Finnish Grammar'), Chocobo Tales for Nintendo DS, and a pullower with Dialga in it made by my mother!

Magmar
30th December 2007, 01:09 AM
Hurrah, Merry Belated Christmas and stuff to all!

OK, so I was actually posting here purely to reply to your post, Magmar, cause I'm thinking of getting a bass guitar when I can afford it (which for all I know will be never...) but anyway, I'd really love to learn to play it. Is it hard to learn or what?

Well, useful things to be good at before learning bass include hand drumming and being able to read music quite thoroughly. Try to acquaint yourself with tabs as well--and an ability to transpose music and understanding scales is pretty prerequisite, but you can learn along with your bass.

Bass is rhythm; you're like this gateway between the rhythm guitars and the drums in that you keep everything in check. You have to be damn good at carrying a rhythm to pick up bass, and know how to resume any rhythm even right after fucking up and playing a wrong note. With bass, one slightly off note is a LOT more forgiveable if you can get immediately right where you left off.

One of the props to bass, however, is that with many modern rock and roll songs, a simple bass rhythm can be followed by playing what's played on the E or A string of the guitarist (the top note in the power chord). I can tell you TONS about the bass; PM me if you wanna know more!

And I play a Schecter.

Edit: Some really easy bass riffs to learn include Lazy Eye by the Silversun Pickups, Good by Better Than Ezra, and Beverly Hills by Weezer for your first "step down" experience. Avoid things like Green Day and Rancid because they can be ridiculously complex for a beginner; when I first started, it took me half a day to learn ONE Rancid song--even then I fucked it up quite a bit. Pop punk is generally easy and redundant.