PDA

View Full Version : TPM Memories

Pages : [1] 2

Drago
28th December 2007, 01:16 AM
We've discussed the people of TPM's past. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16630)
Now, I thought it might be fun for us to pour some drinks, gather 'round the campfire and reminisce about some fun TPM memories we've had. 'cause there have been a few, I would imagine. ;)

So tell me, are any of y'all old enough to remember the shipping forum? Ahh yes, quite an infamous little place for people to discuss the love relationships between anime characters (just from Pokemon or all animes? Don't recall, think it was the former). One particular memory that comes to mind is the one that led to the forum's demise; the shipping prom scandal.
Alright, so it wasn't really a 'scandal', but I call it that because that makes it more interesting. Essentially, it was 97 pages of RPing, only without the plot, character development or elaborate posts. To paraphrase, it was...

#1: 'I take #2's hand and ask her to dance'
#2: *giggle* 'I accept #1's offer and step onto the dance floor'

To the best of my recollection, the powers that be stepped in (think it was LP who closed the topic?), and the shipping enthusiasts got uppity 'bout it. It culminated in the removal of the entire forum, and most of the members involved disbanded not long after. Anyone remember the name Archaic?
This might not seem like much these days, but you have to recall, back then there were loads of active users, and a lot of them all kinda stuck to their forum of choice; I was an RPG man back then, and whenever I'd visit the Fanfic forum, there would be so many members who I'd never heard of before. So the concept that one of those forums would be removed outright was kind of like exiling an entire section of people. Exciting stuff.

Anyone else have any amusing TPM memories to discuss?

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
28th December 2007, 02:54 AM
I do remember the Shipping Forum but to be honest I think I only posted there once or twice as the whole idea of speculating who's in it with whom never interested me one bit. Nor was the roleplaying effect. And when the forum was gone again I didn't more but shrug. Each to his own.

Magmar
28th December 2007, 11:35 AM
Remember when every other thread was "OMG question" and the topic was "Can _____ breed with _______ OMG I JUST HAVE 2 KNO!"

And how... I think it was Alex... would just answer "Yes" or "No" and close the thread... I always appreciated that

Crystalmaster Mike
28th December 2007, 01:59 PM
Well, I remember Captain Pringle's infamous fic, The Crystal League I believe, which was closed in one of its earlier incarnations by Damian SilverBlade I think, for being over 1000 pages, with much less fic chapters than spammic chitchatter.
A shame, really, considering the fic was really great. Ah well, he finished it eventually.

How ironic I've come to know since then of a thread on some other Pokémon Board which shall not be named here. This thread is called "Last poster wins!", is supposedly a game, and the point merely is to spam, and claim the title of last poster on the thread... until someone else posts, that is. And yes, it's passed the cape of 1000 pages a whole while back.

RedStarWarrior
29th December 2007, 03:17 AM
Well, if Chris would just make a spam forum where post count isn't used, then I would make such a topic, Mike.

Gavin Luper
29th December 2007, 09:44 AM
Was the Shipping Forum put under the Anime umbrella at some stage? I used to frequent Anime before Fanfic, and I remember a lot of people getting really shitty back then about the Shipping Forum being closed, or merged with Anime ... or something vaguely like that. Didn't Archaic flee to Bulbagarden in the end?

Heald
29th December 2007, 09:53 AM
I think the Shipping Forum was probably the lowest point of TPM history.

I remember when there were only a handful of RPers and we had to make 'Interactive Stories' in the Fanfic forum before we got our very own forum. That was pretty awesome.

Vejodi
29th December 2007, 10:56 AM
Well, if Chris would just make a spam forum where post count isn't used, then I would make such a topic, Mike.

Been there, done that.

Now THAT was a TPM memory.

mr_pikachu
29th December 2007, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I remember the Shipping forum and its close. Bit of a shame, actually; it was one of the sections I really frequented as well as the reason I got into Fanfic. Archaic left shortly after, finding the PA forum inadequate for his (Un)Official List of Shippers thread. I never did see the infamous "prom" thread, but from what I've heard it was mostly a few bad apples.

One of my favorite memories, though, is of the Fanfic mod contest. That was loads of fun, even if I did lose (deservedly so). I actually think the best thing about it was that it sort of taught what makes a good mod, which is something that's harder to learn when you're just promoted straight to a position based on behavior as a member. Besides, it was entertaining for everyone, both participants and onlookers. (It wouldn't completely surprise me if people had gambled on it, hehe.)

Mikachu Yukitatsu
30th December 2007, 12:58 AM
Even I remember one of Archaic's replies. It was one of those 'What girl in Pokémon do you like?' - threads. Someone said Misty was too tomboyish to be cute and Archaic responded to that sounding angry, talking about stakes. I liked that back there, as I was a big Misty fan, and my immature comment was 'Let's hope he gets lost in a thick fog!'.

Crystal Mew
30th December 2007, 08:53 PM
wow...the shipping prom...I totally forgot about that till just now.

lmao, I was in that if I recall correctly. Boy was I dumb back then.

PNT510
30th December 2007, 09:42 PM
wow...the shipping prom...I totally forgot about that till just now.

lmao, I was in that if I recall correctly. Boy was I dumb back then.

You act like you're no longer dumb!

Blademaster
31st December 2007, 04:07 AM
Ouch. :o

Drago
1st January 2008, 04:47 AM
One of my favorite memories, though, is of the Fanfic mod contest. That was loads of fun, even if I did lose (deservedly so). I actually think the best thing about it was that it sort of taught what makes a good mod, which is something that's harder to learn when you're just promoted straight to a position based on behavior as a member. Besides, it was entertaining for everyone, both participants and onlookers. (It wouldn't completely surprise me if people had gambled on it, hehe.)
lol, I still find it amusing that I progressed further than you did, but one of us holds a mod position (also deservedly so) while the other does not (also also deservedly so). I would probably have been a pain to organise things with, since I had to work with my crappy old computer back then.

Hey, here's another memory... The time fp made a topic stating that in a topic for TPM's anniversary (third? fourth? don't remember), he felt that nobody who joined after the forum's launch date should be allowed to post. I agreed at the time (rambling off some incredibly asinine post that I deleted soon after posting), though in retrospect it would have made for a very short topic.

firepokemon
1st January 2008, 05:56 AM
OK lets see

When General Discussion was also the misc forum which seems so wierd now, but thats what it use to be like and I remember Magmar being modded in GD and then the misc mod elections, I came in second but TCS was way out in front. It was like a bloody presidential campaign. We'd all post a topic saying why we should be mod, it was bloody shocking. Thats how Magmar came to mod GD now that I think about it.

I remember priior to us Misc mods I told PMM off because she said how Butterfree actually died in the episode Bye Bye Butterfree.

I remember having the mosts, there was another person in the g/s/ forums that also had a lot of posts. If I had only one account hell it'd be prolly at least 4th or 5th place now. Oh well. I remember being snipey towards Madelyn151 (I think thats it) when she had the best movesets for all the rby pokemon, and of course she got modded. She was nice I thought.

I remember posting in misc asking why we weren't allowed in Teammeeting. That was fun.

Then I remember the bitch fight Too Cool Scyther and The Real Slim Shady? (I think perhaps he had a different name at the start but anyway he came from UPN). I was so pathetic and posted a topic threatening to quit like an idiot. God what was I thinking. I also remember how I'd fix people's grammar and spelling (I could at one stage write properly).

I remember the fanfic forums and of course pokemasters chat. Being made a fanfic rater that was fun although some of the stories people sent in and you got so many at a time that it got so annoying. And then of course becoming an aop at #pokemasters HJG wasn't happy about it but he got aopped and then I got deopped but then got opped again.

I remember TCS getting demodded but can't remember if that was before or after I left for three months. And why did I leave for three months? Because some loser hacked into our internet account and was using our internet so we were paying for it. It came to about 200 dollars and dad was being a prick and got rid of it. I remember crying for like five hours god he was shitty. so I said my mum was in hospital and then said she died. LOL and I remember the 10 things you should never do. People were like shocked but I didn't see what the big deal was. It was a bunch of shit but nevermind.

Then I remember when dad got the internet back on and things were crazy. Reeb, HG and The Real Slim Shady (I wish I knew his original name), TCS etc were all upset at Dodrio and I remember PokeChamp replacing TCS in the misc mod and remember how Lugia007, Trinity, Charlie_Whalley (Modded GD) all came to prominent. And I remember having wars with Dodrio and then he'd ban me or something but Kevin would keep reinstating me.

And then of course I couldn't stop lying so made some real bullshit and then I couldn't get to sleep one day so in bed though about making a post saying my dad had died. Of course everyone knew it to be lies but I still maintained that my mum was dead and of course I revealed I was gay. (Which if that is the case then I wasn't opped till after this cause I got opped by Ninetales who was like my online bf we got married and shit but then so did everybody.

And I remember coming back with all these ideas of rules and things. This was early on and Kevin was originally going to have super mods but the upgrade went to the walls and people got their accounts deleted. I of course got banned by Dodrio that day.

And then this god preacher Asher Ketchum All decided to post a poll about star signs which had been posted like so many times so I closed it and he got all upset so I made a big drama about quitting and so Dodrio removed me and finally he learnt about the delete button (I think he must have been kinda thick not to realise earlier but oh well). And then that same day, he, Lugia007 (now Kainashi) and Trinity and Cw and stuff would harass me on MS Messenger. And they did it all the time. I miss my ms messenger account they were fun.

And of course Dodrio and I would fight over tpm and he'd delete me constantly so I came up with new accounts such as crazefire, fire destiny, flying destiny and so on. And then the dipshit Dodrio posted at Poke Adobe (I think that was Karma Chameleon's site, no it cant be it was something anyway some cheap ass attempt at a g/s/c azure heights. poke adobe was like the second message board after upn when we had that stupid anti-spam alliance that achieved zilch) with the same password as he had at tpm, so KC hacked into tpm causing all sorts of problems (There we go again Dodrio wasn't bright).

And then soon thereafter after I had gotten sick of going to war with Dodrio he quite and PC became admin. So of course I just had to start wars with PC but my mind starts to get very flakey.

I remember he banned me a few times but I just evaded it, its not hard or anything and you never had admins approving posters like they had at one stage (is that still the case???). And people would think I was talented when really all I did was use search engines.

And I remember HG and Lugia007 becoming admins and then of course LP came to prominence. People thought she was the bomb I just thought she was stupid. But like I said my mind gets really flakey. I do remember being remodded at misc for a while but the other people didn't like me and I remember being modded in the Other anime forum (why I do not know). Well that is just crazy but see I'm getting my facts really wrong around this time so I might just release some highlights.

The six page topic of how much a spammer Ash_300 was. I think it was for 10, 000 posts. I remember somehow coming up with I had just as many with all my various accounts. In fact you can still get that on the web archive site.

I remember the spam forum I like bitched about it because it was so moronic funnily enough I was a palletshipper, pokeshipper and rocketshipper (they were good times). But that really was just pages of spam. We'd have like spam new years party threads but at least they were simple and not overdone.

But I do remember doing the spamming topics, various people at pbs started them, but I didn't join in till a few times after that. That was fun.

And I remember how I like miss every single tpm anniversary (which is also my anniversary) for like the past 3 years. So disappointing. I am so going to remember this year. In fact I remember how excited I was cause Kevin said there was going to be a new feature (which was the msg board) a few days later.

I don't regret the fights I had here at tpm, but I do regret falling out with some members and or losing touch with them (I think I've done it with everyone so I guess its all even)

I also regret the suggestions to create the polls forum. In a way it was necessary because misc was so popular back then and was getting flooded with club posts, polls posts etc.

A few things I am sad about is that RPG and ASB have so lost their way. I was never an Asber and rarely participated in RPG. But the thought of how much work people put into those particularly the creation of ASB here at tpm. At a time when there wasn't an ASB forum is to me a disappointed.

Its also sad that tpm lost its website and at one stage we were on bloody ezboard. such sad times. LOl what about how everyone use to create their own ezboards, that was fun.

I also want to say thanks to all the members (please don't be upset if you're not in this or I've forgotten you but this is really mainly year 2000 posters).

The likes of TCS, PC, HG, Kainashi, Trinity, Dodrio, Reeb, Ishdul, all the early early mods, Charmeleon, CW, Deadwolf, Anidean, The TCG people, The fanfic people, the RPG people, the ASB people, Magmar, Rhydon4, PMM, TTTR, Kasumi aka Misty1 aka Misty72, PokeMaster Ash, GK, PikaTogepi, Silver Clefairy (even though i never liked you), Pidgeot, Charmanduh, NumeroUno, Raichu, Blitzzzzzzzz (how long did it go???), Ginger Cat, Blastoieu, Flying Pidgeot, salvester2, Blastoise_Boy (Blastoise_Boy and Magmar connection lol), Mew26, Letza (I can't figure out your old name), Gengachu, Bill51, PNT, Ash 300, dracox, bulbasaur4, rinni, Kazr, Razor_Leaf, Mr. E, G_P, Heald, Togechikku, RedStarWarrior (Your fucking original name escapes me), Shazza poo and shazza's aussie friends, and I know I've forgotten so many many namesfrom that 2000 period.

Its been wonderful really, we were at a high and now we're low of course I've been saying that since June 2000.

And I miss UBB :(

And I think it sucks we didn't think of properly archiving things and I miss that I lost my old document which had tpm's history and when my memory was super great and could list so many names and so many things.

Vejodi
1st January 2008, 09:09 AM
OK lets see

And then of course becoming an aop at #pokemasters HJG wasn't happy about it but he got aopped and then I got deopped but then got opped again.

I recall going to #pokemasters before I went to the UBB. It took me like 3 months to realise that Flying Destiny and firepokemon were the same person.

So I said my mum was in hospital and then said she died. LOL

Remember the time my mother actually died and I looked for you to comfort due to the fact we were both going through similar circumstances? You jerk, haha.

And I remember HG and Lugia007 becoming admins and then of course LP came to prominence. People thought she was the bomb I just thought she was stupid.

kurai and kainashi became Admins in December 2000 I believe, whilst Suzie in December 2001.

The six page topic of how much a spammer Ash_300 was. I think it was for 10, 000 posts. I remember somehow coming up with I had just as many with all my various accounts. In fact you can still get that on the web archive site.

You used to be able to, lately it's down. We should have saved them, damn it.

But I do remember doing the spamming topics, various people at pbs started them, but I didn't join in till a few times after that. That was fun.

Banned for over two years now and counting!

I also regret the suggestions to create the polls forum. In a way it was necessary because misc was so popular back then and was getting flooded with club posts, polls posts etc.

PCG was your suggestion?

LOl what about how everyone use to create their own ezboards, that was fun.

Shazza's Spooky Slide for the win!

Shazza poo and shazza's aussie friends

Saving the best till last?!

And I miss UBB :(

Same. :(

Nice history post though man; I'm going to go into further detail of my own personal expereinces tomorrow.

Magmar
1st January 2008, 05:04 PM
Hey, I'm glad someone else remembers Too Cool Scyther! He went on to Uni in Los Angeles, and loves basketball. Don't have much other data on him.

Asher Ketchum All? He became a she, moved around the southwest USA, and is doing quite well. I have her screen name.

Raichu went to University and is now a senior. She's my friend on Facebook. I haven't talked to her, really, in a while, but once in a while we catch up.

Saria hasn't emailed me in about two years since I last emailed her, and we weren't really talking anymore at that point. Last I knew, she was still married to Link, and still planting all sorts of lovely gardens.

Remember the Shadow Rockets? Mwahaha... such a stupid clique we were. But we had some verrryyyyyy interesting RPGs going on...

Modding was like a friggin election back then, that's true, and it was so annoying. Everyone was like OMG let's pick a proper leader! I've always had a way of convincing people with my words (I'm probably gonna turn out to be the antichrist or something). Nevertheless I convinced the people and won at the ripe old age of 13, haha. (Christ, now I'm 21.)

The Magmar and Blastoise Connection HAHAHAHAAHAHA those were the friggin dayyyyysssss. I haven't talked to Nick in a while; he stopped posting around 2005, and we stopped being friends long before that. I think he went by something like... deathscythe1337 or other. He got banned a few times.

One other person who hasn't posted lately is Green Lanturn; I talked to him about a month ago and he's doing okay, really enjoying going to school at Notre Dame.

Ginger Cat peeked in to say hi not too long ago, if I remember right.

firepokemon
1st January 2008, 09:59 PM
No PCG wasn't my idea. I don't recall who it was, but several people were saying a change was needed that I recall at the time.

Ash_300
2nd January 2008, 09:39 AM

The purpose of that topic was just to announce that I had reached a special number of posts. It was trendy back then to post a topic upon reaching multiples of 1000 posts. It was never my intention to lay claim to having the most posts but then again I was the person that everyone enjoyed taking pot shots at back then. So in retrospect it's not suprising that you decided to take that topic personally and have a go at me.

I remember for my one year topic I made that huge post in which I referred to you as a hypocrite multiple times and you got all annoyed. To be honest, there was no ill feeling behind my comments. At the time while I was working on that post, I was jus typing whatever came to mind and 'hypocrite' just kept coming up.:D

Vejodi
2nd January 2008, 06:41 PM
I remember that topic vividly, a large part of that is due to the fact it was on the archives until last year.

Ash_300: "To be honest, shazza is more of a spammer than I am. But do you insult him about it?"

And indeed, since I posted just for the sake of posting; I didn't read that sentence until about two years later on the archive site. I simply replied congratulating you.

Katie
2nd January 2008, 08:45 PM
Blitzzzzzzzz (how long did it go???)

Letza (I can't figure out your old name)

RedStarWarrior (Your fucking original name escapes me)

I saw a user by the name of "Blitzx7" at somethingawful a while ago. So assuming that's him, blitzzzzzzz. :)

Venusaur99

World Collision I think?

Come on fp, master historian. I have shit memory and remember those.

As for my own memories, it was more of an ummmm thing, but Knights of Indeed by Jay and Todd I think? I can't remember the name I was given, but I remember I was from something-shireshiresireshire, typo included. :)

I remember Fanart really well, I think I started reading it right around 9/11. There was a lot of pokemon themed patriotic art, some of which was really neat looking. I posted there every day, eventually I had a long constructive-criticizing post in every topic on the first five pages. I wanted to be a mod, but I never mentioned it, thought that if I just posted enough I might get it. Then like 3 years later, after I had "left" tpm, in ummmm, LP said "Oh, [mod] hasn't posted in forever? Why doesn't anyone tell me these things, we need a new one." That was kind of a virtual slap across the face right there. I do miss some of our missing mods though; Ninetails3001, Chikalquil, Meowth_Kitten, hell I think even Lightning got modded eventually? Good times. Iveechan was modded later, and then some furry themed art started to crop up, along with pregnant pokemon. Odd, to say the least.

RedStarWarrior
3rd January 2008, 04:53 AM
World Collision wasn't my original name, but I've never told anyone my original.

firepokemon
3rd January 2008, 04:55 AM
In my defence in regards to World Collision aka RedStarWarrior. When he used the name World Collision he was an absolute nutter. LOl I remember when he got modded in Pokemon Stadium and then got demodded. WC and RedStar are imo act and thing totally different to each other even though they're the same people. And hopefully RSW won't mind, I'm sure he won't WC would have though. LOL.

Edit:

World Collision wasn;t your original name, how interesting. Why did you go to WC then?

RedStarWarrior
3rd January 2008, 05:44 AM
Um...yes, I used to be much more immature.

Let's just say that I was even more of a fucktard under my original name...;)

Toxicity
3rd January 2008, 07:04 AM
Given I wasn't around until '03, I'm shocked that I remember a lot of the stuff mentioned.

The Pirates of Misc. back in early '05, anybody? There were a lot of threads derailed and pillaged by Heald, Tainted, fat man with a monkey, TMM, and probably a larger assortment in that small amount of time that even Suzie had to step in order for the mess to stop. That was also back when Misc. had 4 or so mods including RSW and Kris.

Around the time when Soo and Ade were engaged. I think some time in '06 they posted the thread stating that they were finally married, and we haven't seen too much from either since then.

RedStarWarrior
3rd January 2008, 07:10 AM
I wish we still had the Pirates of Misc. around. This damn forum needs more activity. :)

Vejodi
3rd January 2008, 07:17 AM
Um...yes, I used to be much more immature.

Let's just say that I was even more of a fucktard under my original name...;)

Bjarni, how are things for you?

RedStarWarrior
3rd January 2008, 07:19 AM
Bjarni did not come around until after I joined. I totally would have done it, but someone beat me to it, shazza.

Heald
3rd January 2008, 08:41 AM
We were actually the Misc Marauders, and it was Raz, fmwam, TMM, Tainted and myself.

Let's see...Raz posts like, once per year, fmwam has gone awol, TMM was banned, Tainted got cancer, so that just leaves me, and marauding by yourself is phailure, and I don't do phailure.

I remember you went by Raven Adonis for a while, but I think that was after your WC days.

I remember when we were allowed to change our usernames on a whim, and I changed mine pretty much every week just to piss people off.

Then the feature got disabled and I ended up having some retarded name that I had to waste my one-shot 'change your username' feature to change back.

RedStarWarrior
3rd January 2008, 08:43 AM
It is never 'one shot' if you ask Chris nicely. :D

Anyway, yeah, Heald, you are a badass motherfucker. I wouldn't even try to get you banned if you went marauding.

Toxicity
3rd January 2008, 01:19 PM
Heald, I'd help you in your marauding so it's not a total phail.

Also, RSW wins for the personal title.

Heald
3rd January 2008, 01:27 PM
RSW, you should change your sig so it says 'The most awesome guy on the firearm'.

Because that is what I keep reading.

RedStarWarrior
3rd January 2008, 01:33 PM
Yeah, well, I would, but I was given this to put in my sig and if I change it, they might lynch me.

Hell, I'd help in the marauding also.

Heald
3rd January 2008, 01:36 PM
A mod marauding his own forum, which has about 3 posts a day nowadays anyway, is a far cry from real marauding.

RedStarWarrior
3rd January 2008, 01:37 PM
Well...go get some friends to help you.

Also, I'm not the best at math, but I count more than three posts in the past couple of minutes, let alone the whole day.

Heald
3rd January 2008, 01:39 PM
True, but I'm only counting worthwhile posts.

And by worthwhile posts, I mean my posts.

Heald
3rd January 2008, 01:41 PM
Shit, now I've gone over the limit.

Blademaster
3rd January 2008, 05:45 PM
Well...go get some friends to help you.

Heald's an asshole - he doesn't have any friends.

Though I would help him maraud...

Drago
3rd January 2008, 07:31 PM
I remember when we were allowed to change our usernames on a whim, and I changed mine pretty much every week just to piss people off.

Then the feature got disabled and I ended up having some retarded name that I had to waste my one-shot 'change your username' feature to change back.
Which reminds me, it was HealdPK at one point, right? Often wondered, what's the PK for? Mother reference? Oh and I remember the time you had a Peppy avatar. That was the mutt's nuts.

I miss seeing gimmick accounts, like how knuckles would always refer to himself in the third person... It was pretty sad when there was a topic supposedly by his brother stating he had passed away, and very few actually believed it, demanding evidence be given. I've often wondered whether or not he really has passed away. :(

Toxicity
3rd January 2008, 07:45 PM
Bjarni and Paperclip were my favorite gimmicks.

Oh, Heald has always been one to amuse us with avatars and sigs, though. I remember his "Nothing at all!" avatar/title combo that I never got to respond to with "Stupid sexy Flanders." And I think he flaunted the Asschin Jesus I posted for him in an image for the person above you game, although he cut it short with Christmas.

I still miss the threads that were supposed to be for a serious topic, but only resulted in nearly 1,000-post flame fests within a matter of days. While some people have been aiming to revive the glory, they haven't had much other than epic failure.

Crystal Mew
3rd January 2008, 08:27 PM
You act like you're no longer dumb!

Well I'm definitely not AS dumb as I used to be >=[

oh yes...bjarni. The thing I remember most about him is is cartoon porn he posted in fanart. Donald Duck anyone? LOL

Heald
4th January 2008, 05:10 AM
PK was a reference to an old clan I was in. The clan was old in 2000, so I decided to drop PK altogether in 2005. I also went by 'Jamaican Gecko' and 'Fallen Angel' during the time we could change our names, since those were usernames I went by at other forums.

I think my favourite sigs were when LP was banning all the funny people left right and centre so I knocked up a couple of Kill Bill parody posters called Kill TPM, one for each volume, as LP was literally killing TPM by banning all the funny people.

Dark-San
4th January 2008, 05:20 AM
Well Suzie is the only Resident signature police around. And that is her job.

As far as I could remember, one of your signature was actually stepping on the fine line of decency. It had pictures of women wearing in their undies, being intimate with each other.

But that is pretty sensitive, IMO.

Heald
4th January 2008, 06:01 AM
That wasn't me. I'm not into that art nonsense. I assume you're referring to 'Kiss' by Tanya Chalkin:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PYR/PP30825~Kiss-by-Tanya-Chalkin-Posters.jpg

Yeah, the Kiss is generally overused by tools who think they're edgy or artsy by having a copy of this. But I never used it.

I never had a problem with LP being the sig police (the sigs I got told off for were usually quite blatantly inappropriate when there was still a belief that anyone under the age of 14 still visits these boards), in fact, it was usually W-P-M who had a problem with my sigs (in his opinion, anything that wasn't a Blastoise was probably against his skewed view of decency). It was more the fact she banned people like TMM and Tainted, even though at the time they were 2 of the only awesome people left on TPM.

Leon-IH
4th January 2008, 10:07 AM
The massive religion debates, which in hindsight were retarded.

I wish those had come along now I'm a bit older and less e-tarded so I could troll them.

Edit: and my monologue post that pissed I think every person that read it off or made them think I was a troll.

Magmar
4th January 2008, 12:29 PM
Why don't we have more threads than this? Who cares if they're not... well... productive, they keep people here.

Drago
4th January 2008, 04:30 PM
Yeah, it's something that I realised a little while ago; TPM members are always giddy to reminisce over the forum's heyday. It's kind of like a reunion of sorts; old codgers like us all coming back to look back at the old days, possibly ponder where people are now, all that sort of thing.
I was thinking of making a topic where people could quote their favourite actual posts of all time, but decided that's going a bit far.

And hey, now that I'm thinking on it, I too miss the better days of RPG. Even if having a lot of members meant a couple scrub RP'ers who had no clue what they were doing, they'd just be slotted into the role of supporting character, while the better people played the leads (I should know, I was those supporting characters. lol)
I reckon I oughta revive one or two from my past. Hmm, which... oh yeah... Pokemen in Black. Awwwwww hell yeah.

RedStarWarrior
4th January 2008, 06:14 PM
Post away...I'll just close anything too bad, but otherwise, have fun!

Drago
4th January 2008, 11:11 PM
Somehow I envisioned the maurading as being more articulate... But maybe that was just me.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
4th January 2008, 11:14 PM
Some memories, I remember when firepokemon posted a topic named something like 'Truth about firepokemon'. And some topics by him/you I found very amusing, one about 'average TPM poster' and such.

I remember a really good General Discussion topic, too, not by firepokemon, though, heh. It was about making fake Game Boy cheats and it soooo looooong. I used to have it on a disc (or was it one of those periods when I had Internet at home, I highly doubt) and I also considered printitng it. But I can't find the disc anymore (heck, I think I NEVER had Internet at home after joining TPM, I always used it at school and in libraries)!

Anyway, now all that's left of that topic is this notepaper:

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/3350/fakecheatsjq1.jpg

'Tulosta' is 'print(!)', namely an imperative of 'tulostaa', 'to print' in Finnish language.

Vejodi
5th January 2008, 02:50 AM
I remember the time Kevin with the Pokemon emoticon's allowed people to type :bulbasaur: rather than 001.

I orgasmed.

Not these days though.

:001: :001: :001: :001: :001: :001:

Toxicity
5th January 2008, 04:38 AM
Best moderator at any point since the forum's creation?

Heald
5th January 2008, 04:42 AM
Raz, when he was made Misc. mod and as a consequence I lost a bet that Raz would never be a Misc. mod, and therefore had to publicly proclaim I was a fairy.

Most annoying tool ever to grace the forums?

Toxicity
5th January 2008, 04:49 AM
Oh crap, I remember the fairy stint. It was around your birthday in '04, if I remember correctly.

Most annoying tool...search engine is pretty damn touchy. Enough that you can't sex it up as much as you'd want to.

Unless you're speaking of a different definition of "tool."

Heald
5th January 2008, 04:53 AM
Yeah I am, as in 'Michael Bay is a complete tool'.

Toxicity
5th January 2008, 05:03 AM
I'm not sure about minimodding or puppets, but on a slightly-related note...

We have a mod that has a small tool, and my sources will remain unnamed.

Drago
5th January 2008, 05:56 AM
Biggest tool: WPM.

Member who got away with the most crap?

EDIT: I'd also like to publicly sex Toxicity for having possibly righted this topic. Possibly.

Heald
5th January 2008, 06:15 AM
Sexing cancelled; return to chaos.

BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBL AHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBL AHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH

Anyway, I think everyone who was a complete assclown got banned (myself included, I think I've been banned about 4 times now) but I guess the likes of Dean, who got away with actually being pure evil and Satan incarnate for yonks without punishment is my vote.

Mod that never should've been modded?

Magmar
5th January 2008, 09:44 AM
Biggest tool: WPM.

You mean, widest tool, right?

I'd have to go with... oh hell if I know, Lady Vulpix and all the Hitler jokes about her. Probably the next thing will be Vulpixes with swastikas plastered on them.

TPM member you wish never left?

Toxicity
5th January 2008, 10:45 AM
For me, fat man with a monkey. Coolest guy I used to talk to on a regular basis. Kyle (Syberia) is a close second, though.

Biggest fanboy/fangirl of any particular series? (in b4 Animelee)

Also, why'd ya have to ruin the sexy time, Heald?

Heald
5th January 2008, 06:58 PM
Stop.

http://www.blogacine.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/borat-2.jpg

Sexytime.

Also, to answer your query, HavoX would never shut up about Doom. He always trolled the goddamn VG forum always saying Doom 3 was the best game ever made and saying shit like, 'Well at doomforums.com they blahblahblah' like anyone gave a shit.

I think he got banned in the end. I hated that little faggot.

Best thread evar?

Blademaster
5th January 2008, 10:33 PM
THIS ONE!!!!!111!1!1!111

Worst thread evar?

And I reserve the right to shoot anyone who replies 'This one.'. :ingrams:

Drago
5th January 2008, 10:59 PM
Here's a vote that Magmar might agree with... (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15557) Though that was just the first one that sprang to mind, there have likely been worse if you were to dig deep into the archives...

Magmar
6th January 2008, 12:36 AM
Here's a vote that Magmar might agree with... (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15557) Though that was just the first one that sprang to mind, there have likely been worse if you were to dig deep into the archives...

Did anyone ever actually check out any of his websites? They're all like... TV shows starring Dragon Tales characters, stuff like... idk "This is my fantasy game show called "Stephanie Wilson is the name of the little girl on Dragon Tales" HELLO LITTLE FRIEND" :rolleyes: I really wish I made that up. Hundreds of pages of stuff like this. The guy's 27.

Much love for Dragon Tales characters sitting on porches (http://tazsnewforums.proboards37.com/index.cgi?board=DragonTalesCharacters&action=display&thread=1097884190)?

Better yet, I found his fantasy game show. (http://gameshowholic.bravehost.com/TLGODTIN.htm)

Toxicity
6th January 2008, 12:51 AM
When I noticed the age, I immediately thought...

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l296/7Aries_Man/hansen_chris_2005.jpg

Drago
6th January 2008, 01:23 AM
He's a very nice man. I think you'll like him very much.
http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/pictures/2005/05/24/sincitygalleryyellow.jpg

Heald
6th January 2008, 07:38 AM
I'm scared to click on any of those links, so I'll just pose another question:

Best Misc. Debate evar?

Toxicity
6th January 2008, 07:54 AM
Historical Accuracy of the Bible for sure. It was a mass of sacre-licious hysteria I missed due to moving down to the Bible Belt, ironically enough.

Biggest asshole ever to grace the debates?

Blademaster
6th January 2008, 10:46 AM
It's a tie between two posters in the Bible topic: That newbie kid that was a hardcore religious extremist that never posted anything besides 'Jesus is your salvation and He loves you all and I'm a Bible thumper blah blah blah.,' and that other guy that had to always get the last word in, to the point that he was actually debating with NOBODY by the end of the topic while everyone else had given up and just wanted it to die already.

I forget both of their names.

Heald
6th January 2008, 11:15 AM
Sorovis and Checkmate were the two Bible-bashing freaks, and it turned out that Checkmate was Sorovis' sock-puppet (which he continuously denied ad nauseam).

You might be thinking about TheRustedOne, or TRO, who would always have to get the last word in. He probably actually typed more characters in his debating career on TPM than the html code of the entire Internet.

Oh, and a question:

Most wapanese member of the entire forum (i.e. white person/Westerner who insists on using Japanese terms)?

Blademaster
6th January 2008, 11:36 AM
No, I just went and checked. The Bible-thumper was AbareMax. Sorovis/Checkmate at least presented some form of argument in their posts; Max was pure thumper. Everyone of his posts was a condescending pile of divine shit like "Yea, my son, you've just presented an articulate argument supporting your heretic ideals. But thou can still read the Bible and walk in His light. Amen."

As for the 'last word in' guy, THAT was Sorovis. He got a size-100 text "FOR THE LOVE OF YOUR IMAGINARY DIETY WILL YOU LET THIS FUCKING TOPIC DIE ALREADY!?!?!?" from either TRO or TMM and a punch in the face from Leon-IH. Shame I missed it...

I'll leave the question to someone else - I dunno any Waps on TPM.

Heald
6th January 2008, 11:49 AM
I'll leave the question to someone else - I dunno any Waps on TPM.

Clearly you've never been to Singapore the RPG Forum!

Toxicity
6th January 2008, 12:15 PM
They were filtered to "weeaboo" once on 4chan and have been referred to such as that since.

Most Wapanese is most definitely PoLHaruko-san, no offense or anything. I clearly remember a lot of RPGs for her Japanese characters; a translated English narration, but involved a lot of Japanese for clearly no reason.

Biggest closet Gaiafag?

Magmar
6th January 2008, 01:06 PM
I thought you said Girafarig.

And, Water Pokemon Master. XD

TPM member most likely to get a sex change?

Heald
6th January 2008, 01:13 PM
Ugh, probably you or Nine, given recent events.

Biggest backseat modder?

Toxicity
6th January 2008, 01:17 PM
Kevin. He doesn't do much other than keep the server up and running and sometimes come to say "King in the castle, king in the castle...go do this, go do this!"

Craziest couple?

Heald
6th January 2008, 01:50 PM
Err, backseat mod means to chastise other people for not following the forum's rules even though you're not a mod, i.e. a non-mod who pretends to be a mod.

Toxicity
6th January 2008, 02:02 PM
I see now...

And now I know I need to stop my medication...

But anyway, Animelee always struck me in that direction.

Blademaster
6th January 2008, 03:57 PM
No way. That title is mine.

MINE, BITCH.

Anybody in ASB can vouch for me. I'm a control freak, after all.

Ultimate Charizard
6th January 2008, 07:10 PM
Since ive been readin all this and reminiscing(Sp) ill jump in.

Biggest PCP (Post Count pusher) on the forum?
And this only counts people who do it to get noticed, ie they post the same random one line altered slightly to suit the topic and then make a post to brag when it hits 100/500 etc.

Heald
6th January 2008, 07:13 PM
Ash_300 would be the obvious choice, I guess. Also, we never answered Craziest Couple did we?

I'm not too sure on the craziest couple, since I don't follow this e-relationship nonsense. Anyone wanna shed some light on this?

Ultimate Charizard
6th January 2008, 07:16 PM
Most Power Mad?
Ie a step above backseat modder. Someone who did that then got 'real power' and went all Dictator?

(Personally id say TMM so u cant have that one lol)

Heald
6th January 2008, 07:21 PM
Haha, there have been a fair few RPG mods who've got the power then went a little crazy. Although in fairness, at least TMM knew exactly what he was doing i.e. he would readily admit he was being a despotic asshole, unlike the ones who delete and close posts and then either never give a reason or deny doing so afterwards.

Back in 2000, Dodrio banned me because his little fuckbuddy Ishdul just got totally pwnt by myself in some stupid thread, so that was gay. I'll guess I'll say Dodrio then.

Most deserved ban?

Ultimate Charizard
6th January 2008, 07:31 PM
Actually TMM has had his fair share of selective memory. Going as far to completely deny that i ever Modded RBY with him and Damien lol.
And he did a fair bit of Random closing when we modded RPG....why the hell was i the one holding his leash all the time?

Toxicity
6th January 2008, 07:34 PM
Gavin, you probably weren't the one holding his leash alone. It was probably a combination of you, me, and Suzie, yet the three of us were still struggling to hold place.

Most deserved ban was probably Jay and kiyone. (same person?) Although that never stopped them from jumping the IP bans just to troll a lot of people.

Meh, I'm not sure about e-dating either, Heald. I'm just another one of those people who shys up in social situation.

Best storybender? (people who lied about a situation well enough to others that it somehow ended up the truth)

Ultimate Charizard
6th January 2008, 07:37 PM
Best storybender? (people who lied about a situation well enough to others that it somehow ended up the truth)

Isnt that how most of the e-relationships start? lol

oh and when did my real name become common knowledge? lol. Up untill maybe a month or 2 ago it was just UC or Ultimate, even with the guys i MSN with lol.

Toxicity
6th January 2008, 07:45 PM
oh and when did my real name become common knowledge? lol. Up untill maybe a month or 2 ago it was just UC or Ultimate, even with the guys i MSN with lol.

It's amazing what you know when you lurk moar.

Sorry it scared you, though.

Zak
6th January 2008, 10:35 PM
Sorovis and Checkmate were the two Bible-bashing freaks, and it turned out that Checkmate was Sorovis' sock-puppet (which he continuously denied ad nauseam).

Heh, credit me for managing to prove that after having them around for a year. Granted they did have a very different posting style, but after they Checkmate made some post and deleted it followed by Sorovis making the same post, it was quite suspicious, though their excuse was that they were friends IRL. Yeah, right, one claims to live in Colorado and the other in Montana... seriously people need to pay attention to the info they put in their profiles before thinking of a valid excuse.

Also I'm a little late with this one but the biggest wap on TPM is definately EVme. Animelee and Hanada Tattsu are as well, but they're just Pokemon junkies. Using Japanese names is a start, but can't go as low as the former.

Also, I have in mind who the most comic e-couple here was, but since one half of it seems to be making every other post in this thread I should probably keep it shut.

EDIT: Heald, were you active outside RPG in the L_X days? We really could have used you then.

Zak
6th January 2008, 10:38 PM
Actually TMM has had his fair share of selective memory. Going as far to completely deny that i ever Modded RBY with him and Damien lol.
And he did a fair bit of Random closing when we modded RPG....why the hell was i the one holding his leash all the time?

RBY? He'd be right then ;)

Toxicity
6th January 2008, 10:44 PM
Also, I have in mind who the most comic e-couple here was, but since one half of it seems to be making every other post in this thread I should probably keep it shut.

Pictures probably say it better...

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x88/INinja-dThisAlbum/ohyou.jpg

But in all that's serious, I actually look back, laugh, and wonder what the hell I was thinking and/or what drugs I were on.

Ultimate Charizard
7th January 2008, 04:05 AM
RBY? He'd be right then ;)

Im pretty sure it was RBY...I suppose it could have been GSC lol. All i remember is that i modded on of the game forums, it had 3 letters and Mike was a Co-mod.

Vejodi
7th January 2008, 07:51 AM
I'm going by very vague memory here, but I'm pretty sure UC modded RBY, as did TMM.

I don't picture either of them having modded GSC.

Toxicity
7th January 2008, 07:56 AM
Definitely RBY, although RSE is also a possibility.

RedStarWarrior
7th January 2008, 08:04 AM
He modded RBY.

Vejodi
7th January 2008, 08:26 AM
RBY locked in.

Well done children.

:089:

Magmar
7th January 2008, 09:19 AM
We should bring back the RBY forum so we can be like... WTF's a mudkip?

RedStarWarrior
7th January 2008, 09:21 AM
I remember when we had a main site...we need that shit again. Perhaps, at least have a FanArt gallery that Gabi manages (idk, I just picked a random smod). I miss the good old days...

Zak
7th January 2008, 09:31 AM
Yes, but UC said TMM and Damian. All three of them modded RS at the same time. I know TMM modded RBY, as did UC, dunno if at the same time even, but I don't think Damian did. I KNOW they were all in RS at the same time.

Vejodi
7th January 2008, 11:07 AM
Missed TPM memory: Having balls.

And the more balls we had, the better we were.

Toxicity
7th January 2008, 11:24 AM
I know the solution, shazza.

Set up some party, maybe on the roof of Florida's state capitol building, have anybody and everybody from TPM show up just to dance, listen to AC/DC's "Big Balls" while sipping Bawls, sit, and just have a good time.

Blademaster
7th January 2008, 11:32 AM
Florida sucks! Make the party in a state people like, like... um... uh...

Is there a state anyone really likes?

Fuck. OK, who's up for moving the party to Guam?

RedStarWarrior
7th January 2008, 11:33 AM
#pbs was a fun place...who else remembers that?

Toxicity
7th January 2008, 11:37 AM
Florida sucks! Make the party in a state people like, like... um... uh...

Fuck. OK, who's up for moving the party to Guam?

Guam or American Samoa sounds all fine and dandy to me.

But if you can find a building that looks better than this (http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x88/INinja-dThisAlbum/tallahassee-suggestive.jpg), the official location can definitely be changed.

Heald
7th January 2008, 12:04 PM
I've got two of those.

Magmar
7th January 2008, 12:31 PM

Rhode Island. We've got Family Guy, the most corrupt mayor in world history, Federal Hill, beaches, our own bay, and all sorts of goodies.

Blademaster
7th January 2008, 01:35 PM
Rhode Island.

Bah. Rhode Island is a state of lies! LIES! It isn't even a true island!

We've got Family Guy

Family Guy is overrated poop. There! I said it!

the most corrupt mayor in world history

http://www.quimby.li/quimby.gif

Federal Hill

Federal what-now?

beaches

Apparently you've never been to New Jersey. We have those too.

What? You've never been to Used Hypodermic Beach?

our own bay

(looks at map)

...OK. I'll buy that.

and all sorts of goodies.

As my GameFAQs pals say, "Pics nao or it didn't happen.".

Heald
7th January 2008, 01:56 PM
As my GameFAQs pals say, "Pics nao or it didn't happen.".

I believe the correct spelling is TITS OR GTFO.

EDIT: Finally saw your question Zak. Nah, in the old days, I was usually in RPG and VG. That was back when you actually had to follow the rules and usually if I started posting in Misc, the overlords back then would tell me to shut the hell up before permaban.

Anyway, back to the questions:

Best sock-puppet (i.e. second account used by an already active member to either spam or help their debates)?

Blademaster
7th January 2008, 04:21 PM
I believe the correct spelling is TITS OR GTFO.

The Super Mario Galaxy board hasn't degraded THAT far yet. The worst we've had is "Guys don't giggle. ...LESBIANS! AW, YEAH!!"

In other news, I have to go with Checkmate on the 'sock puppet' thing. Every post of his that I managed to read all the way through made me want to jam a cross up his ass a little bit more.

Best user title?

(BTW, Heald, I wanna sig your Reason for Editing' in that last post. Permission granted?)

Toxicity
7th January 2008, 04:33 PM
There's been a lot that I've liked out of users. Although my favorite, as I've said before, was Heald's "Nothing at all!" from '06 or so. And then DragoKnight's small "I'm Sportacus!" stint was great, too.

Also related, best avatar or user title/avatar combination?

Heald
7th January 2008, 05:05 PM
Yes Blade, you may sig me.

kainashi had an awesome avatar of a child on fire, which was pretty cool. He also used the fat kid dancing around. I can't really remember too many of the avatars, as they were usually either anime characters or LOTR characters.

Although PNT150 had the anti-WPM logo, keeping it long after he abandoned us.

Dammit, gotta think of a question...

Most likely nevar to get laid? (lulz)

Toxicity
7th January 2008, 05:14 PM
Yeah, Pants was awesome for still having the Anti-WPM avatar even after we thought he [WPM] left for good.

WPM will probably never get laid. Of course, this is excluding the closet loli-lovers of TPM. :P

Biggest e-afro?

Zak
7th January 2008, 10:10 PM
What the fudge is that?

EDIT: Finally saw your question Zak. Nah, in the old days, I was usually in RPG and VG. That was back when you actually had to follow the rules and usually if I started posting in Misc, the overlords back then would tell me to shut the hell up before permaban.

Actually, according to most people it was him who made Misc like that. I barely hung around Misc before then though, so I wouldn't know, but it would make sense.

Also a pretty good candidate for "least likely to get laid".

God I love this topic...
Biggest Poser? (as in, wannabe, try-hard to make an impression)

Vejodi
7th January 2008, 10:26 PM

It still exists.

Dark Scizor
8th January 2008, 02:06 AM
I do.

I never went there though.

Drago
8th January 2008, 07:19 AM
I remember when we had a main site...we need that shit again.
THIS MAN SPEAKS THE TRUTH.

And then DragoKnight's small "I'm Sportacus!" stint was great, too.
Never thought anyone would notice. I've contemplated bringing it out of retirement to give it the full 3-month run that most of my avatars get, but something seems lame about recycling avs/titles. Besides, my first choice of avatar revival would be SPACEBALLS THE AVATAR.

Biggest Poser? (as in, wannabe, try-hard to make an impression)
Frankly I reckon you could stick me in as a candidate, I worked my ass off to try and get people to notice me. I would put in a word in debates that I was clueless about and didn't actually have an opinion, whenever someone was causing mischief I'd be all 'HAY READ THE RULES AND OBEY THE MODS' and I tried to emulate some posting styles along the way (Like the time I tried to make RPG replies like B4... that crashed and burnt real fast.) Hey, I'm STILL trying to make an impression, I still can't figure out how I'm such an obscure nobody after nearly seven years.

Blademaster
8th January 2008, 07:26 AM
Yes Blade, you may sig me.

kthanx.

Anyway, I'm as clueless as Zak about that question, so as far as 'biggest poser' goes, I'm gonna say... Andrew. Sometimes Most of the time Everytime he posts, he just seems like he's TRYING to be an asshole for no reason.

How about... Oh, here's a good one.

What are the odds that this topic will hit 1,500 posts, be renamed 'Super-Special-Awesome-Ultra-Sexy-Random-Mega-TPM-Badassery,' and archived as a historic re-enactment of the history of the site?

Drago
8th January 2008, 07:37 AM
Blade phails for not realising that Andrew >>>> Everyone else. Being bitchy is his thing man, his thing!

I remember when you first registered Blade, you were such a nice boy... (No seriously, you were like the chirpiest sumbitch I'd ever seen on this forum) :lol:
And... wtf when did this topic get to 123 replies. It gets 10.25 replies a day, mathematically speaking...

Blademaster
8th January 2008, 07:51 AM
Blade phails for not realising that Andrew > Nothing > Wii > Cheese > Everyone else. Being bitchy is his thing man, his thing!

I remember when you first registered Blade, you were such a nice boy... (No seriously, you were like the chirpiest sumbitch I'd ever seen on this forum) :lol:

Fixed.

And that was before you jaded mother****ers corrupted me. My poor mother cries herself to sleep now, wondering whatever happened to her sweet, innocent baby. I hope you ***holes are happy. :emo:

Heald
8th January 2008, 10:02 AM
Andrew banned me once for because I spammed a topic (I don't like using sock-puppets to do my dirty work) and as soon as that happened, all these worms I thought I had scared away with my constant colon-stomping came rushing out from under the woodwork to flame me.

Then they realised it was only a 48-hour ban and I could read every one of those little fuckers' replies during that period.

Needless to say, hell broke loose. The casualties were high. The revenge was sweet. The cake was moist.

I remember I did a poll called 'Bees or Wasps', one of the only polls I ever did in that shitty forum. It was the worst poll ever. And yet it garnered quite a lot of replies.

Hence, the question, stupidest poll ever?

Number1ChanseyFan
8th January 2008, 10:17 AM
I remember I did a poll called 'Bees or Wasps', one of the only polls I ever did in that shitty forum. It was the worst poll ever. And yet it garnered quite a lot of replies.
I actually remember that bees or wasps poll, it probably stuck in my mind because bees/wasps are my worst phobia of all. Needless to say, I have no preference for bees or wasps, I hate all of them. I guess the wasps are worse though, they are meaner and disgustingly ugly. Yay for Raid!! ^_^

Magmar
8th January 2008, 12:11 PM
How about stupidest fan club ever, since you know how I love to rip on those... Mwahahaha

kainashi
8th January 2008, 12:17 PM
every fan club was stupid. :mad:

Dark-San
8th January 2008, 12:19 PM
That one is a given, Magmar. If memory serves me right, it has to be the club that is opened by a kiddo. I cannot remember his exact name, it should be close to 'Mollyhaleismyfriend' or something like this.

I do also remember trying to stop myself from bursting out with laughter in front of my laptop when Gabi approves his club. I mean the club is likely to attract loli- cons.

Heald
8th January 2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah I remember those stupid clubs. The 'May in a Bikini' club was just pathetic. I'm pretty sure whoever was behind that group was just a troll trying to lure out all the loli-cons on the forums.

Most memorable coalition of TPMers (e.g. the Fanfic Triad or whatever they were called, Knights of INDEED etc.)?

Toxicity
8th January 2008, 12:58 PM
Anti-WPM and Knights of I.N.D.E.E.D. were both long lasting, advertised, and had a decent membership in all little areas of the forum.

Best smilie used at any point?

Heald
8th January 2008, 01:02 PM
Anti-WPM was a coalition? I thought that was the norm and it was just WPM and Animelee who were the coalition.

I want to say :dance: but I'm sure there any probably much better ones out there.

:911: NEVAR FORGET!111

RedStarWarrior
8th January 2008, 01:08 PM
I personally like :sweat: because I made it. I wonder what happened to all the alternate dancing fruit I made...

Blademaster
8th January 2008, 01:10 PM
:cawg:

^Just because I'm the only one who ever uses it.

Heald
8th January 2008, 01:16 PM
Nevar seen these before:

:pokeball-go:
:emo:
:lock:
:britain: Why the crying bulldog?
:monocle2: Hehe...monocles

Drago
8th January 2008, 04:17 PM
:heh: got me through life. :heh: IS my life. Just a fantastic way to make a quick disclaimer that I knew what I was spewing was absolute crap.

Zak
8th January 2008, 11:01 PM
Yeah I remember those stupid clubs. The 'May in a Bikini' club was just pathetic. I'm pretty sure whoever was behind that group was just a troll trying to lure out all the loli-cons on the forums.

Most memorable coalition of TPMers (e.g. the Fanfic Triad or whatever they were called, Knights of INDEED etc.)?

Heh heh... the funny thing is, at Serebii there are clubs like that which actually go on and are taken seriously. My guess is one of those kids without thinking attempted it in an atmosphere such as this one.

Only because even before Mr. Bikini fan or Mollyhaleismyfriend joined TPM I remember their names already looked familiar i.e. from SPPf or BMGf. Seriously I also remember thinking to myself "oh shit, they're actually gonna try this here, this should be good". And, well... couldn't have been better.

EDIT: And stupidest poll ever was probably "favorite punctuation mark" probably made by someone trying to be funny and miserably failing. Same could be said for many of the polls of a certain individual who would always post retarded polls trying to flaunt off "LOOK AT ME I'M ORIGINAL LOL"

Vejodi
9th January 2008, 04:00 AM
The favourite punctuation mark was by kiyone, and I don't think it was THAT bad in comparison to some of the other polls.

Ah, the days of 44243 polls all asking the same thing: Who's your favourite pokemon?

RedStarWarrior
9th January 2008, 04:50 AM
I am going to post a poll...everyone go respond!

(I seriously haven't ventured out of the mod forums or Misc in a long time)

EDIT: POLL: What would Jesus do? (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16779)

PS - Hurry and post because it will probably get closed.

Heald
9th January 2008, 06:02 AM
Anyone remember the sig contests? I tried to have a sig that used every Pokemon avatar from :001: to :151: in it. Needless to say, the sig police had other ideas.

RedStarWarrior
9th January 2008, 06:06 AM
Remember when I used to make huge murals out of the elemental symbols?

Yeah, the sig police left me alone because it was too cool to fuck with. ;) I think I eventually had to make an image of it so it loaded faster though.

RedStarWarrior
9th January 2008, 10:42 AM
Double post...WOOT!

Looky what I found: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/TPM_forums

It has a pretty good list of former moderators for the different forums.

Heald
9th January 2008, 11:00 AM
Haha...good find. I reckon we should start a TPM wiki. And it would be awesome...with blackjack...and hookers! In fact, screw the Wiki! And the blackjack!

...Aah, just screw the whole thing.

But actually, I am interested in starting a TPM wiki for funsies, if anyone fancies joining me for the challenge?

kainashi
9th January 2008, 12:12 PM
that historic member list is automatically discredited as i am not on there. :mad:

Heald
9th January 2008, 12:36 PM
that historic member list is automatically discredited as i am not on there. :mad:

that's exactly what i thought, except about me

not that i've done anything particularly historic

Heald
9th January 2008, 01:02 PM
or anything historically particular, for that matter

Ultimate Charizard
9th January 2008, 01:17 PM
I almost got excited, i thought id been mentioned on Wiki...then realised it wasnt a Wiki site just a cruel and horrible knock off.
Im liking the description of RPG though lol. I know i shouldnt since it used to be my forum but Since i was told by the person who 'felt i wasnt doing my job and just happened to step into it after getting me demodded' leadership can make a forum, it kinda makes me feel smug lol.

Blademaster
9th January 2008, 02:23 PM
But actually, I am interested in starting a TPM wiki for funsies, if anyone fancies joining me for the challenge?

DENIED.

I vote for a TPM Encyclopedia Dramatica instead.

AND WHY AM I NOT ON THE HISTORIC MEMBERS LIST?!?!

Ultimate Charizard
9th January 2008, 02:44 PM
Being Historic in your own mind doesnt count lol.
Over the years ive been mod 2/3 times, initiated the ASB/RPG (which never got going since i was demodded shortly after) and was part of one of the leading groups in RPG but never expected to even find myself mentioned lol.
Ah well, guess not everyone is so humble ;)

Drago
9th January 2008, 03:20 PM
Admit it, anyone would've been excited for a mention, even if it was limited to '_______ was there, too.' People go nuts for recognition.

Heald
9th January 2008, 04:15 PM
Okay, that's two votes for a TPM ED (which was what I really wanted anyway). One more vote and then we can come up with a catchy name for it.

Then we'll actually make it.

Also, anyone remember Little_Pikachu's urbandictionary entry? I think Dean put it in.

Vejodi
9th January 2008, 08:59 PM
What'd it say?

Toxicity
9th January 2008, 09:32 PM
It's non-existent after looking through the site.

Also, I'll put in a vote for an ED entry of TPM. But if I end up mentioned, link me to one of the 4chan memes if you see it fit.

Blademaster
9th January 2008, 09:59 PM
But if I end up mentioned, link me to one of the 4chan memes if you see it fit.

DENIED.

ED may lampoon this site to Hell and back, but there is NO WAY I'm letting that shithole anywhere near our dear sweet TPM! This site still has SOME dignity! We lost it in ASB somewhere, but we'll find it sooner or later! and report back! :cawg:

Toxicity
9th January 2008, 10:02 PM
That's true. But in my variation of many an e-celebrity's words...

brb dignity

Katie
9th January 2008, 11:59 PM
Holy shit that page's mod/member list brings back a lot of memories. Clicky Pen, Dean, Metallix, Vineon, Reeb (was a girl?!)... completely forgot half of these people ever existed. Did Gligar_Man ever come back after signing up for the Marines? Where the hell did Simon/GreenShirT go?

Also, it's fanart part is wrong. B4 was certainly a mod, and I'm almost positive onix11 was too, though I don't think I was a member at the time. I just remember his name on every piece of fanart in the main site's fanart section. Also, was Ashley/ea ever a mod? Is she still around? Holy crap I forgot about Espreon too. Hmmm.

Aww I like this site, it gives me nostalgic warm fuzzies.

This thread has made me take a gander at current mod lists and I feel stupid that I never noticed who was what, and who wasn't, until now.

Edit: Also!(!!!) The person who wondered if Jay and Kiyone were the same person: no.

Dark Scizor
10th January 2008, 12:22 AM
I vote for a TPM Encyclopedia Dramatica instead.
God. No. Never.

RedStarWarrior
10th January 2008, 06:00 AM
True, as my name was World Collision when I modded Stadium. Also, they apparently don't realize that I am also Raven Adonis.

Heald
10th January 2008, 06:08 AM
L_P's urbandictionary went along the lines of:

Little_Pikachu

A power-hungry whore who rules the Misc. forum with an iron fist blah blah blah (this went on for a couple of sentences)

Usage: Don't pull a Little_Pikachu on me now.

Drago
10th January 2008, 06:18 AM
True, as my name was World Collision when I modded Stadium. Also, they apparently don't realize that I am also Raven Adonis.
I didn't realise you were Raven Adonis, and I'm fairly sure you've said it about five times over the last couple topics.

kainashi
10th January 2008, 10:58 AM
L_P's urbandictionary went along the lines of:

Little_Pikachu

A power-hungry whore who rules the Misc. forum with an iron fist blah blah blah (this went on for a couple of sentences)

Usage: Don't pull a Little_Pikachu on me now.http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kainashi

:hellyeah:

RedStarWarrior
10th January 2008, 12:00 PM
Copy/paste, please. My work blocks that site.

kainashi
10th January 2008, 12:07 PM
Copy/paste, please. My work blocks that site.1. kainashi

an example of a guy turning from a nice guy to an asshole

kainashi is a jerk lolx

by anonymous Jan 28, 2005

Heald
10th January 2008, 12:15 PM
It's getting to a point where to get noticed you have to post an urbandictionary definition of yourself at TPM.

Also, wtf?:

1. heald

A person that will make up stories aboout [sic] his or her sexual exploits to make themselves seem in a better light than is true.

But that [sic] not all, they will also date girls that no one else will touch and still lie to them and their friends about it.

Heald - Aw yea i was at this bus stop and this chick asked me for the time and then took me home and shagged me!
Friend - thats such a 'heald' story!

Blademaster
10th January 2008, 12:43 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Blademaster

I feel violated... :emo:

Heald
10th January 2008, 01:06 PM
Haha! You're a nerd!

Ultimate Charizard
10th January 2008, 01:07 PM
Dissapointed yet equally relieved im not on there lol.

Toxicity
10th January 2008, 04:40 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Toxicity

Fortunately all they have listed for me is the System of a Down album.

firepokemon
10th January 2008, 05:15 PM
I never started LP pn urbandictionary. Why the fuck would I want to do something so fucking boring as that? As for BMGF. I was like two years ago or something going to majorly edit that page but then I got lazy and couln't be bothered and most people had filled it in, and it was just dumb and its not like anybody would fucking read it or something.

Heald
10th January 2008, 05:21 PM
Actually it was Dean. Sorry, fp, I didn't mean to attribute that to you.

I've edited my previous post accordingly.

Blademaster
10th January 2008, 07:49 PM
Haha! You're a nerd!

I'm not a nerd, Heald!

...Nerds are smart.

Zak
10th January 2008, 10:23 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=zak

1. To lie outright, compulsively.

2. To mess up really bad.

3. To search for romance exclusively on the Internet.

4. Someone of really low intelligence, usually they resort to illegal drugs so they can forget their meaningless life

1. Are you Zaking me?

2. Oh shit, I just pulled a Zak.

3. I'm gonna go Zak me a date.

4. "dude quit being so zak, it makes you look bad

:(

EDIT:

(zak) n. 1. One who is admired for his skills with skateboarding, women, art, etc. 2. Plastic chair. 3. A notorious teenager from the early twenty-first century known for his delightful humor and good looks. 4. Scholar of Zakology.
-zak adj.

In the end, everyone finally realized that he was a true zak.

:yes:

EDIT 2: I also wouldn't be surprised if someone from here did any of the first four (they were seperate entries)

Bulbasaur4
11th January 2008, 02:32 AM
... oh yeah, I was a moderator in Fan Art one time, wasn't I? XD XD

It's crazy to think I've been on TPM since sixth grade and now I'm a Junior in college.
... *shifty eyes* Man, I'm such a loser. :P

Oh, and after reading this entire topic... it reminded me how much I love all of you guys. ^_^ Especially you, Heald. XD

Heald
11th January 2008, 05:39 AM
Love? My only weakness!

I...er...like you too...in a sort of, y'know, non-flamethrowery way.

I've been on TPM since my first year of big school, and now I'm at Uni. Wtf?

Vejodi
11th January 2008, 06:00 AM
I love this place, seriously.

Magmar
11th January 2008, 10:52 AM
I've been here since I was in 7th or 8th grade, and now I'm getting ready to graduate college. o_O Oh geez lol

Crystal Mew
11th January 2008, 11:03 AM

well at least you were mentioned.

"LuGiA007 disappeared off the net for months into the unknown, and is de-adminned for inactivity by the time he returns. He adopted grumpy attitude on TPM for a while, but a lot of people didn't care because of his better reputation. This causes some former fans to become enimies."

haha.

Anyways, I've been here since I was in..9th grade? Well the summer before 9th grade, and I'm 21. crazy

Blademaster
11th January 2008, 02:22 PM
Heald has a weakness!? WHAT ELSE HAVEN'T YOU PEOPLE TOLD ME?!?!?!? :emo:

I love this place, seriously.

Hear, hear. This place is probably the only reason I'm not in a white room with padded walls right now.

In other news...

SPAM! :spam:

Number1ChanseyFan
11th January 2008, 02:34 PM
well at least you were mentioned.
While we are talking about TPM memories... didn't I make you put a teletubby in your siggy as a result of TPM Truth or Dare? I think that was you... I am sorry if I am wrong, but I remember I did it to somebody. That was funny!! ^_^

Heald
11th January 2008, 02:37 PM
Oh God...can we please restart TPM truth or dare? It got shot down by dipshit mods who hated the aftermath of the wave of destruction the dares caused.

Bulbasaur4
11th January 2008, 04:28 PM
I LOVED TRUTH OR DARE!! XD XD

People always asked me truth for some reason... but that was when I played it with members on MSN. ^_^

Blademaster
11th January 2008, 05:13 PM
TPM Truth or Dare? NOW we're talking. Someone make it and get approved, stat!

Magmar
11th January 2008, 05:22 PM
I never really played TPM truth or dare... we should get on that...

Crystal Mew
11th January 2008, 06:33 PM
While we are talking about TPM memories... didn't I make you put a teletubby in your siggy as a result of TPM Truth or Dare? I think that was you... I am sorry if I am wrong, but I remember I did it to somebody. That was funny!! ^_^

oh wow, lmao. I beleive that WAS me! I think it was the red or yellow one, I can't recall, but it was funny. I totally forgot about that incident till just now. haha! truth or dare was pretty fun I must say

woz
11th January 2008, 07:38 PM
s^

kainashi
11th January 2008, 08:09 PM
hey woz how's it going man

Blademaster
11th January 2008, 10:39 PM
Woz is a man? O_o

Drago
12th January 2008, 05:02 AM
Woz is the man O_o
Fixed.

Zak
12th January 2008, 05:33 AM
Oh God...can we please restart TPM truth or dare? It got shot down by dipshit mods who hated the aftermath of the wave of destruction the dares caused.

QFT about restarting it, but I don't remember it ever being shot down... wasn't Suzie involved in the ToD stuff, IIRC? Who shot it down? The way I remember it just got old and everyone just stopped and moved on to a different "ummmm" pastime.

Anyway, TPM ToD was fun, we gotta restart ummmm again, and as much as I'd love to do that, I'm not doing it alone. Just like you can't maraud alone. :P

so who is with me eh

Ultimate Charizard
12th January 2008, 05:51 AM
TBH I think it might have been me that started the anti ToD feelings way back when.
It was because some of the dares were getting out of hand and innapropriate things were being posted in what is still essentially a kids board. Just because the first generation have grown up doesnt mean the site has with them im afraid.

Clark
12th January 2008, 08:52 PM
This topic definitely is missing the finer parts of TPM history....me. I remember getting banned a few times. and kainashi always being a jerk, when was he nice?
Also....best couple was me and that attention hoe samantha.

Toxicity
12th January 2008, 08:55 PM
Ace! How've you been?

TPM Truth or Dare is a Do Want in my case. Ummmm may give me a reason to actually get on AIM, but I dunno how many people would feel up to giving it new life.

Clark
12th January 2008, 09:00 PM
dru? :O
i really only came here to stalk sam but other than that, ill chat/whatever if anyones bored.

Toxicity
12th January 2008, 09:03 PM
Dru is still Drusilla. This is Laura, who back in '05 was the "other Grey meat" when juxtaposed with Greyfox.

But yeah, feel free to stay around a while.

Clark
12th January 2008, 09:11 PM
hmm my memory is horrible but i remember a laura but yea. :D

Toxicity
12th January 2008, 09:16 PM
That's probably me, then. Interesting times those were.

Vejodi
12th January 2008, 09:38 PM
Hey Clark, great to see you're still alive. What are you doing with yourself?

Clark
12th January 2008, 10:26 PM
sup shaz. currently trying to entertain myself before i pass out..
also why cant i change my password, it says my email is banned lol
someone help meeeee

mr_pikachu
12th January 2008, 10:43 PM
We've been getting this question a lot... because of some security issues awhile back, TPM has banned several E-mail domains. I believe that Gmail and Hotmail were among them (although I've been mistaken before about which ones are banned).

You'll first need to change the E-mail address in your profile. I'm not sure if you'll be able to do it yourself; you might need to ask Chris for administrative help. If you have a school E-mail or something that you can't just register for free and anonymously, that would work just fine. Alternatively, Chris can probably register you on his domain if you ask him via PM.

Clark
12th January 2008, 10:48 PM
sweet i think that did the trick. thanks. now ill be able to log in without having to reset my password everytime ^_^

Magmar
13th January 2008, 03:14 AM
Ace, didn't you used to play the Werewolf Game?

Zak
13th January 2008, 04:18 AM
hey Clark, do you still have me blocked on aim? :[

There were actually several lauras, she was GreyOcean something on AIM, and I think during the "ummmm" times she was known for being tmm's "girlfriend" who everyone used to mock, if that answers your question.

Heald
13th January 2008, 04:57 AM
Hey Ace remember me?

Dark-San
13th January 2008, 07:23 AM
Ace, didn't you used to play the Werewolf Game?

Naw, Magmar not this ACE. The ACE which you are referring about would be Ace64.

Vejodi
13th January 2008, 08:59 AM
sup shaz. currently trying to entertain myself before i pass out..

Nice. What are you doing in regards to your life? Job? Education? Being cool?

What Werewolf game? This one!?!? (http://www.mobygames.com/game/werewolf-the-last-warrior)

Clark
13th January 2008, 10:53 AM
I have no one "blocked" on AIM, privacy was on, but I didn't use it much other than to talk with Samantha.
yes, Heald I remember you. ;)
As for school, I'm still "in" university, though taking a minor break due to lack of funds. Working part-time at UPS for the past 4 years. And I've always been cool.

Crystal Mew
13th January 2008, 11:52 PM
clark, I'm not an attention hoe :( you jerk!!

(jk...) =)

rinni the bard
14th January 2008, 02:57 AM
I have no memories because I never did anything.

*single tear*

Except I used to have a ginormous sig of my name. And PokeTrainerAlex used to have a crush on me, and I tried to be open minded but I will admit I was a little weirded out because he also had a crush on his neighbour's dog.

Edit: I *think* that was his name, not sure though, and I think he changed it to something else eventually.

Zak
14th January 2008, 03:30 AM
Ah, so that's how the whole PokeTrainerAlex banging animals thing started? Then the same can be said about Agent Elrond who claimed in some poll that her first crush was a horse.

I think he changed his name to Grey Wolf.

rinni the bard
14th January 2008, 03:43 AM
Ah, right! That's it. Thanks, I couldn't remember the new name.

I don't know what Agent Elrond said, but from your post, it sounds as though it could be interpreted as an innocent "crush" back from before you really knew what a "crush" was. But Alex actually was a zoophile, and freely admitted this. It wasn't like, an innocent childhood crush on a dog... he was sexually attracted to them. He called his neighbour's dog "hot", even. I remember that.

'Course, he could have been playing us all, seeing who would fall for it :P

Vejodi
14th January 2008, 05:12 AM
Man, I forgot all about PokeTrainerAlex and his zoophillia nature. Now I'm more older (and if it's true), that was seriously fucked.

These days I guess he has BeastTube.

Drago
14th January 2008, 06:54 AM
I wasn't aware such a thing existed until now... Rather wish I still didn't know. :cry:

Heald
14th January 2008, 07:53 AM
Agreed.

I was a happy man before today, but now the mere mentioning of BeastTube has forever ruined my life. Thanks dick.

Bulbasaur4
14th January 2008, 08:04 AM
Meh, I've heard of people having worse fetishes.

Heald
14th January 2008, 08:28 AM
True, but there isn't a NecroTube.

Is there?

Blademaster
14th January 2008, 08:43 AM
www.necrotube.com

Mwahahahahahahaha... Your worst fears come to life, Heald...

No, wait. Scratch that. HERE'S your worst fear come to life:

www.necrobeasttube.com

Enjoy. :)

Heald
14th January 2008, 09:03 AM
Personally, I prefer www.awesometube.com (http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.internetisseriousbusiness.com %2F&ei=lHmLR4efL4LaQZPI4aAP&usg=AFQjCNFfuxTjqgy0Bu9I8VWI0ltOkpmjDA&sig2=beQ132PCnhbfLNSuani_rw)

Clark
14th January 2008, 11:22 AM
I'm not clicking anyones links!!!!!
btw come to ummmm and entertain me.

Blademaster
14th January 2008, 02:14 PM
Personally, I prefer www.awesometube.com (http://www.awesometube.com)

ARGH!!!! YOU ASSHOLE, YOU GOT ME AGAIN!!! :mad: :ingrams: :mad2: :sweat: :swear: :arse:

Magmar
14th January 2008, 02:26 PM
I'm not clicking anyones links!!!!!
btw come to ummmm and entertain me.

Lol I came in and was like "Hi" and got the "Oh, I'm so elitist. My annoyance level is up." response. Whaaaaatever.

Clark
14th January 2008, 09:24 PM
huh? o.o
wasn't me o.o;

Crystal Mew
15th January 2008, 02:13 AM
I went into ummmm today, and no one was there. But I heard earlier it was an active chat. so maybe some other day!

Heald
15th January 2008, 11:41 AM
Truth Or Dare is back on in PCG. Go go go!

firepokemon
15th January 2008, 05:15 PM
Lol PokeTrainerAlex. He was fucked up. Although how serious he was, who knows. I use to give him shits lol.

Vejodi
16th January 2008, 05:39 AM
PokéTube.

Drago
4th February 2008, 04:17 AM
Anyone remember Tha_Dragon? I recall a rather humorous time in misc when he kept posting Internet articles he found upsetting and made topics about them (Iraqis shooting dogs, etc.). This was all well and good, except for the fact that there was no discussion to be had, he was just posting sad crap for no reason.
I also recall the solution, when somebody made a topic about a dog who had made a friend with a cat named Friend. Or maybe it was the other way around, I can't remember.

Andrew
4th February 2008, 05:27 PM
Remember how annoying Knuckles was with his retarded 3rd person shit.

Or Ledian X for being aspergers syndrome's biggest anti-spokesperson.

Or BBP and Mew Ryuu having an interwebs relationship. Did you ever see his pic?

Clark
4th February 2008, 07:51 PM
ahaahhaahhahaa yea i saw his pic rofl
oh man good memories

Zak
4th February 2008, 08:32 PM
Or Ledian X for being aspergers syndrome's biggest anti-spokesperson.

He had it? Or he spoke against it?

Either way, remind meh.

Andrew
4th February 2008, 08:37 PM
Well Ledian X was a prime example of how not to behave on the internet if you have aspergers.

His anal retentive attitude and blah blah blah.

This attitude gives him the prime anti-posterboy look of aspergers syndrome.

Toxicity
4th February 2008, 08:46 PM
I've yet to hear about his interaction with other self-dubbed "Aspies" from SPPf. But then again, he does seem to lurk in their FanFiction section more than elsewhere...

Speaking of SPPf, remember the really active thread we used to have just to discuss how retarded their main users were? Something along the lines of "greatest site," if memory serves me right.

Andrew
4th February 2008, 08:54 PM
Or, The Most Awful Forums thread?

Tox - You did know he was a mod here, for a while in Misc. He left in a hissy fit with BBP and some other guys to go to Bulbagarden, but then pretty much defected to SPP because nothing says cool like being the boss of a Pokemon forum at 28.... and not having anything else in your life.

Toxicity
4th February 2008, 08:59 PM
Yeah. That would be it; well, the thread title, at least.

Although I don't think I recall the whole moderating drama. Probably happened during one of the patches where I wasn't exactly active, or long before I even joined.

Either way, it still seems pretty accurate.

Andrew
4th February 2008, 09:27 PM
Other Dramas

Gligar Man and when I modded RS with TMM and some other random girl.

Everyone being Shazza.

Cool Daddy 47

RPG still being lame. The great old April Fools Day jokes.

Zak
4th February 2008, 11:20 PM
Well Ledian X was a prime example of how not to behave on the internet if you have aspergers.

His anal retentive attitude and blah blah blah.

This attitude gives him the prime anti-posterboy look of aspergers syndrome.

Heh, that's a good point, for some reason I never considered that. He really was a major liability everywhere on the internet... he pretty much pulled the same crap over at SPP and BMG.

Ah yes, the digimasters.

Oh, and all the Big Brother stuff in PCG, can't forget that.

BTW Andy did you change your AIM, or have you just not been on? Haven't seen you since like exactly a year ago.

Drago
6th February 2008, 06:25 AM
Remember how annoying Knuckles was with his retarded 3rd person shit.
Ahh, Knuckles... That's one thing I miss from the old days, gimmick accounts! Back when people pretended to actually be Pokemon, or the everlasting bjarni gimmick, or people like Knuckles, who spoke in the third person... I actually feel pretty bad thinking about Knuckles now, since I can't be too sure whether or not he's still alive... What was the general consensus on that one?

Cool Daddy 47
I remember when I made my one-year topic summarising my whole TPM history with a couple of polls tacked on (I worked on that post for like a week), the first reply someone had made said 'I foresee a lot of interesting replies from this topic... :)' and in the very next reply, cool daddy closed the thread, saying the polls weren't good enough. Then a year later, he went into idiot mode. It's amazing how someone can go from anal retentive mod to generic lulzbot in just the course of a year.

btw, I miss TMM. I always liked him, though I admit I was never privy to all the stuff that happened behind the scenes.

AntiAsh Superstar
10th February 2008, 06:12 PM
Ahh, Knuckles... That's one thing I miss from the old days, gimmick accounts! Back when people pretended to actually be Pokemon, or the everlasting bjarni gimmick, or people like Knuckles, who spoke in the third person...

Agreed, I kinda miss people like Knuckles or Bjarni who would treat the entire Internet as a joke. We're too damn serious now on the whole. :(

I miss the likes of Lawrence_III_Fanatic whose name was synominous with yellow socks, and With Rye who was the master of asking bizarre questions.

*shows his age* @_@

Lady Vulpix
10th February 2008, 06:16 PM
I miss the likes of AntiAsh Superstar.

He lives! O_O

AntiAsh Superstar
10th February 2008, 06:30 PM
I miss the likes of AntiAsh Superstar.

He lives! O_O

No he doesn't, do you not know anything about my subculture of choice? Don't go telling people I'm anything other than undead!!!!

Drago
16th February 2008, 02:26 AM
lol it's AntiAsh back now. Someone oughta make a list of all the cool people I've brought back with my topics (or rather, a list of people who happened to be lurking and then returned, inconsequential of my topics).

Alright then kiddies, since things seemed to have died down a whole lot, let me pose a wee little question to y'all; when have you gotten the most angry due to TPM?

That's bound to open up at least one bleeding heart to the harsh life of Pokemon forum goer (sounds interesting to me right now, though I must confess I've been into the wine).
For my sweet self, it is of course the possibly obscure rage I went into when Minty Thrill wasn't getting any replies back in 2004. Never mind the fact the viewcount was massive and there were definitely people reading, I cracked a hissy fit just because nobody replied for three whole chapters, and then went on a great big whinefest as the 'final post', timed perfectly so that Andrew would close it immediately afterwards, simply so that I could have the last word. It's remarkable what you'll do when you're a whiny little twerp who needs gratification, eh?

Oh yeah, I also got pretty angry when I entered the WPM hate club, after debating with him about something I really didn't give a rat's about, as he was being a complete and utter tool about it. Seriously, he was like a three year old, it was sad.

Dark Dragonite
16th February 2008, 10:03 AM
I remember when ummmm was founded, and all the fun we had, making jokes, and me pwning people and being awesome...those were the days

mistysakura
27th February 2008, 06:00 PM
Dragoknight: I remember that! I saw your hissy fit and thought, 'god TPM needs more readers'. Because I seem to remember everything you said was reasonable considering the state of TPM, and I thought we ought to do something about it, as we always think. And I think I also thought 'please have no one follow suit' and 'please have no one start a flame war' :P

My most angry memory would be when someone was a hair away from flaming me over winning the mod contest. Actually, I was more pissed off that I had to explain myself, and that I had to be perfectly nice to him when I could have descended to his level and proven his point. On the other hand, one of the best memories I have is of the mod contest. :P

firepokemon
15th March 2008, 11:54 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20010417151513/www.pokemasters.net/ubb/NonCGI/Forum9/HTML/002283.html

LOl we wouldn't get away with that today.

Vejodi
16th March 2008, 12:07 AM
"No offense to shazza but he spams and do you guys care? No because his post count isn't as high as mine."

I so didn't SPAM. Man we were lame.

This statement by FP made me laugh:

You know I have and always will continue to post quality posts. I will admit that last month I posted some very small replies, but I have University Ash_300. I dont have the time to write up whole big topics. I would love to be able to do that, but I cant, I can for this week coming, but I cant unless its the weekends, because I dont have the time. I am online a lot yes. But I am constantly doing homework. You have no idea how much work I really have to do. You dont realise the stressful nights I have staying up till 1am doing my homework. When I have to get up at 6am to leave at 7am for university. You really dont have any idea, how much work I actually do. I am constantly doing essays and paragraphs, and assignments for my damn homework. The week before my holidays. I had 12 essays to do in that week. Six had to be 5000+, one 10 000 posts. Two 1000 words. One 2000 words and two 2500 posts. OK and that takes me a ****ing long time. So you can honestly shut up.

Rofl. Was that when you used to lie saying you were at Uni when in reality you were doing nothing? And I seriously doubt any university would give you 12 essays to do in a week.

Oh and who agrees to put this picture back up in Misc:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010420052856/http://www.pokemasters.net/ubb/NonCGI/misc.jpg

firepokemon
16th March 2008, 12:31 AM
OMG how pathetic of me. you can also get to the adopt a newbie thread through that too lol. I just wish it had tpms birthday :(

Vejodi
16th March 2008, 02:05 AM
The more pathetic thing is Ash_300 believed you.

Drago
17th March 2008, 06:32 AM
All of the glowing text and the 'I love ______' in people's signatures makes me feel like some sort of crotchedy old man.

I LOVE TPM MORE THAN ANY OF YOU.

Vejodi
20th March 2008, 10:56 AM
Glowing text abuse.

Seriously, it was a problem.

firepokemon
20th March 2008, 10:12 PM
Thats why people should never be fucking fancy. It just looks like shit. Me half the time I didn't even have a signature. Yeah sometimes I played with it and it looked like utter complete shit.

Colours are terrible too. Sorry.

paper aeroplane
21st March 2008, 05:34 AM
I haven't seen Shazza, FP or Zak talk about anything else for the past three years here other than "TPM Memories"; most of the time you just reiterate the same shit anyway. Why do you even bother with this place?

firepokemon
21st March 2008, 05:41 AM
Why do you even bother replying? I know your some fuckhead.

paper aeroplane
21st March 2008, 05:48 AM
TPM is dead and most (sensible) people have moved on. We all know the reason behind why TPM died, yet nobody wants to admit it, and that was banning the only members who brought amass zeal to this place. Shazza was included among them, yet he returned too late and now he's turned into a scrub.

SPPf's Misc forum is 10x more exciting than this dump. A bit sad, isn't it?

firepokemon
21st March 2008, 05:51 AM
TPM is dead and most (sensible) people have moved on. We all know the reason behind why TPM died, yet nobody wants to admit it, and that was banning the only members who brought amass zeal to this place. Shazza was included among them, yet he returned too late and now he's turned into a scrub.

SPPf's Misc forum is 10x more exciting than this dump. A bit sad, isn't it?

LOl now i KNOW WHO this is.

Hello Jay how are you.

You need a good fucking.

Knight of Time
21st March 2008, 08:53 PM
Jay? As in Jay Jay, the guy that used to be a famous Goldenrod Tower worker in AC/CC? No offence here, but I thought I saw the last of you, some people that leave are too easy to move on from, heck, I still go there from time to time, but wishing I was a worker there again...no way jose, there's more to being a worker in a game, PCG or AC/CC if you do other things in real life or on the computer...that's one of the reasons I left Pokemon Hangman behind, but not the biggest reason. A major crash made me lose track of what plushies I won, and I eventually decided playing the game was no longer worth it, I mean, I used to be called a "hair trigger" due to my speedy side in the game, so I guess that's one of my best memories of TPM's past. Times definitely have been changing here.

Roy Karrde
21st March 2008, 10:05 PM
Trust me you dont want Jay around. The guy has moved on to being a major prick and a thorn in many mod's sides as we try to deal with him.

firepokemon
22nd March 2008, 08:04 AM
LOl anyone remember Cerulean Center forums?

And Ace why were you admined there lol.