PDA

View Full Version : Winter Cleaning

Bulbasaur4
29th December 2007, 08:19 PM
I was browsing the RPG Archive when I noticed about how... well, cluttered it was. To my understanding, the RPG archive is a place for RPGs that have been started to be stored, because of an RPGers request. (Because they were unique/had good posts/etc...)

I do not believe it should be allowed to store sign-up topics. Just as the Fan Fiction forum keeps their E-zine and completed fiction in their achive, we should only put started RPGs that are requested in the archive. Otherwise, the archive lacks... importance if we put anything in there.

So with your permission, I'd like to prune the RPG archive. I won't delete sign-up threads, but rather I'll move them back to the RPG forum where they'll nestle amongst their proper date order.

Just like some feedback here. :3

Toxicity
29th December 2007, 08:39 PM
Actually, I kinda like the idea, Kalah. It would make a lot less space considering some of the sign-up threads that appear in the Archive never actually became full-fledged RPGs, plus the sign-up thread does not show much of a purpose other than as the main storage space for character profiles.

Maybe to enhance this, you could edit the original post of each started RPG in the archive to include a link to their individual sign-up thread?

That's just my thought. :3

Mystic_clown
29th December 2007, 11:29 PM
hmm, and here I thought the archive only stored completed RPGs...which would make it pretty empty come to think of it.

anyway, yeah, let's remove the sign ups. Afterall, a lot of them do just end up nowhere, let's make some space.

Fai D. Flowright
30th December 2007, 11:02 PM
I never really fiddled much with the mod controls when I had the privledge to, but isn't there a sort of Splicing feature where you could splice the sign-up posts into the started RPG topics?

Just a suggestion if the feature still exists and would acceptably work for a situation like this...

Bulbasaur4
30th December 2007, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I'll look into the splicing feature although its more about merging now which might cause confusion in teh topic. I think I'll go with the link idea.
:3

Drusilla
30th December 2007, 11:17 PM
I like the idea of linking as well... Yep, there's my two-cents worth...