PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur IV to feature Darth Vader and Yoda... WTF

Drago
9th January 2008, 08:39 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165334

Soul Calibur and Star Wars fans gather 'round -- while haters grab a six pack of Haterade and their always-ready flamethrowers -- because Namco Bandai has finally released new info on the rumored secret characters set to appear in their highly-anticipated fighter, Soul Calibur IV, and 1UP has 'em first. In case you don't believe your eyes as they scan over these screenshots, you are indeed seeing the legendary purveyor of the Dark Side, Darth Vader, and his Force-wielding nemesis, Yoda.
Yes, we know what you're thinking. You're thinking "What the hell are Darth Vader and Yoda doing in my Soul Calibur sequel?" But how are these two any less logical (or illogical) than Link or Spawn (we'll let Heihachi slide since he's in Tekken)? You're probably also wondering "Where the damn is Luke Skywalker, Darth Maul and Boba Fett?" Well, Boba Fett doesn't really use melee weapons, unless you count that stick on his back that he never uses. But Luke and Darth maul make a lot of sense. While we can't answer all of these questions just now, we suspect that Namco Bandai still has plenty of stuff up their sleeve. Given their recent Ace Combat 6 shenanigans, we wouldn't be surprised to learn that additional Star Wars characters are paid-for downloadable content. It's unlikely that the company would go through all these negotiations with LucasArts to obtain the rights to only two characters, so expect more announcements as we get closer to SCIV's release date.
I can't say I'm pleased, but I can appreciate the gravity of the matter, it definitely leaves the WTF factor of Link in SCII in the dust... And damn, they look fantastic, eh?

Dark Scizor
9th January 2008, 11:31 PM
Caught me completely off guard when I heard about it.

Starry Might
10th January 2008, 02:24 PM
:o

WOW.

*INSERT JOKE ABOUT THE FORCE HERE*

Heald
11th January 2008, 08:02 AM
I was ambivalent at first.

Then I saw the video.

Now I want this game hard.

Drago
29th January 2008, 08:23 AM
I haven't been following this game too ardently, but does anyone have any other thoughts on it so far?
Particularly people who played SCIII, which I gave a miss. Must admit, I'm one of these people who had never heard of the game until Link came along... he was the reason for my purchase, though I prefer Assassin or Raphael nowadays. The fact that Link wouldn't be in III, and how it wasn't on GC (though PS2 is purportedly better for the controls, I don't doubt that), and the fact that nobody would play SCII with me made getting III a no-go. Was the player create any good? I might consider looking seriously into SCIV when I get a PS3.