PDA

View Full Version : Staraptor-movset

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
12th January 2008, 10:01 AM
Hi all, a suggestion for a fourth move for my Staraptor.

I'm giving it 252 Atk and 252 Spd (or something close to that).

Currently it has the following moves:

- Brave Bird
- U-Turn
- Close Combat

So, what's a suitable fourth move? Right now it has the VM Flying on it cause I use it as my transport-Pokémon. Re-teach it Roost? Stick with Flying for a fly-type move that's not hitting me in return like Brave Bird does?

Number1ChanseyFan
12th January 2008, 10:28 AM
Your moveset and EVs all look pretty good to me. I know the recoil isn't a whole lot of fun, but you aren't going to get another Flying type move that is close to being as strong as Brave Bird is. U-Turn is a very nice move, and so is Close Combat. I would probably choose Return or Roost for the last move. Double-Edge is another alternative, but you would have to obtain it through breeding, so that probably isn't too appealing. Some people like using Endeavor too, but that is pretty risky/situational. I've also seen Quick Attack, but that is a little too weak IMO. Since Staraptor is more offensive than defensive, I would lean more towards Return than Roost, but either would be ok.

Good attachments would be Leftovers, Life Orb, or Choice Band. (You won't want to combine Choice Band with Roost.)

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
12th January 2008, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the answer. Do you have any idea by how much Choice Band actually increases an attack's strength?

Number1ChanseyFan
12th January 2008, 11:13 AM
Choice Band increases the Pokemon's attack by 50%, which can be quite nice when combined with a move that the Pokemon gets STAB from. :)

Blademaster
12th January 2008, 02:08 PM
This is just me, but since you already have two power attacks, I'd toss on Aerial Ace for coverage against Double Team Pokemon, Sandstorm/Sand Veil, etc..

DarkestLight
12th January 2008, 02:44 PM
Hrm Lefties may not be good.

The damage you'll take form a successful Brave Bird on weak defense enemies is more than Lefties can brunt. Roost sounds good on paper to me, but I dunno. :o

AA would be good, but if we're trying to diversify the moveset a bit, may I suggest Pursuit? Snags stinky Ghosts that wish to hit and run. That's me though I hate runners >>

Always..running away, and stuff. Runners..grr.