PDA

View Full Version : Raz vs. Cyrus. Ref: Oddish17

Razola
12th December 2002, 10:06 AM
Pokemon: Two pokemon. 1on1 Fighting
DQ: One week
Arena

Lance's arena from Red and Blue version. This is a small, square arena with four walls and no roof. Images of Dragons from eons past adorn the walls. The temperature here is slightly warmer than normal arenas, therefore fire types may have an easier time performing attacks, and Ice attacks are more difficult to perform (and freezing is less likely). Note that this is NOT a weather condition (like Sunny Day) and doesn't hinder water types or enhance certain sun-based moves. The heat is artifcially created, and emits from the walls.

I choose first.
You attack first.

Ref: I'd prefer someone of little experience to ref this one, so they can get more use to reffing.

I chose my Male Pidgey, Lt. Pidge.

Cyrus
12th December 2002, 10:10 AM
I am honored to accept your challenge, I open with my male Aerodactyl, Raptor.

Open with Fly, followed by Body slam, if he is pinned use super sonic directly into his ear, if he isn't use wing attack.

subs, if he uses double team at any point use Swift.

Razola
12th December 2002, 10:34 AM
Alright, first of all, Agility so you can keep up.

Next, Toxic the stone bird as he attempts to body slam. Aim for the face so he can't finish the attack.

Meet his wing attack by using a Steel Wing attack.

Agility~Toxic (at face)~Steel Wing

Cyrus
12th December 2002, 02:52 PM
Come on, we need a ref. Help us out

Pokemaster Cody
12th December 2002, 04:01 PM
I suppose I could ref.
I'll have a battle up in just a second.

Cyrus
12th December 2002, 04:52 PM
Thank you, that would be great

Pokemaster Cody
12th December 2002, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I'm new. I'm a little behind in my schoolwork, so I hope to have it up by 8:00 p.m. (EST)

Cyrus
12th December 2002, 04:58 PM
Thats fine, I won't be back from class till almost 10.

Cyrus
13th December 2002, 06:09 AM
Um, If or ref hasn't posted by 8, can we please get a new ref?

Cyrus
13th December 2002, 12:07 PM
My kingdom for a ref

Oddish17
13th December 2002, 01:26 PM
You really need to have more patience when waiting for a ref. At least wait a few days before you start asking for a new ref. It's barely been a day.

Cyrus
13th December 2002, 01:31 PM
its been 18 hours sense he said he would have it up.

Oddish17
13th December 2002, 01:37 PM
No, he said he hoped to have it up. He didn't say it would definitely be up. If he doesn't put up a reffing by this time tomorrow, I'll ref this battle for you. Otherwise, just have patience.

Cyrus
13th December 2002, 01:39 PM
patients is something I lack. I appriciate the offer. Thank you that would be fine.

Pokemaster Cody
13th December 2002, 01:46 PM
I had more work than I originally anticipated. I was going to post it when I got home but apparently you've found a replacement. I'll take my leave now.

Cyrus
13th December 2002, 01:48 PM
he is a replacement if you are unable to continue by tommorow, if you feel you will be able to act as a ref, please do.

Razola
13th December 2002, 01:53 PM
Wow, this thread is two pages long and not one Round has past.

Lt. Pidge: Enough talkin'. Let's get ta Fightin'!

Pokemaster Cody
13th December 2002, 01:55 PM
Forget it, I've already deleted the battle log so whoever can take over this one.

Oddish17
13th December 2002, 09:57 PM
This will be one of my shortest reffings ever. Enjoy.

Pre-battle

Raptor- Fly ~ Body Slam ~ Supersonic/Wing Attack
Lt. Pidge- Agility ~ Toxic (at face) ~ Steel Wing

Battle

The battle begins, as Raptor flys high, just below the edge of the roof. Lt. Pidge pays no mind, and with a slight shimmer, uses Agility to boost his speed. Raptor charges in for the attack, swooping down in an impressive display. Lt. Pidge watches in some horror, but still continues with his orders. Hocking up as much toxic poisons as he cans, he waits for Raptor to draw nearer. He waits too long, as Raptor is upon him. Slamming with full force into Lt. Pidge, the two slide across the floor, as Raptor is knocked off. Lt. Pidge proceeds to spit the toxic at Raptor as he is getting back up, and the toxic hits him square in the face. With intense burning in his eyes the poisons, he has trouble remembering his commands. Remembering something about Supersonic, he lets out a loud shriek, to no avail. It seems more a shriek in pain, then anything. Lt. Pidge charges in, but has some trouble moving. It seems his wing was damaged from the previous blow. Attacking with a Steel Wing, intense pain shoots through his left wing. Unable to complete the attack, he backs off, nursing his injured wing. Raptor wipes the poison from his eyes, but feels the burning as it works its way through his veins.

Stats

Lt. Pidge- 85%, injured left wing, fatigue(6%)
Raptor- 95%, badly poisoned(3% damage next round), slight burning in eyes, fatigue(10%)

Arena- still in one piece

Razola
13th December 2002, 11:52 PM
Alright Lt. Pidge, not bad. He got us in the short term, but we have the long-term advantage.

First off, go ahead and Mimic Supersonic. You got a basic idea of how he did it, so try it yourself.

Then go ahead and Fly in preparation for a Sky Attack. That should be easier on your wings than most of your attacks.

If Raptor tries anything complicated, use Swagger to disrupt and then Protect if he tries to attack you.

Mimic (Supersonic)~Fly/Swagger~Sky Attack/Protect

Cyrus
14th December 2002, 11:18 AM
Alright, a strong begining. Lets not try super sonic again so it can be properly mimiced, start with Ancient Power, try to hit the left wing. As the pidgey is contiuning to damage his wing by attempting high flying moves, use protect to place a barrier to bloke that sky attack. As the pidgey comes in, have a snack and take a bit out of his wing

(Ancient Power~Protect~Bite

Oddish17
14th December 2002, 11:34 AM
Lt. Pidge- 85%, injured left wing, fatigue(6%)
Raptor- 95%, badly poisoned(3% damage next round), slight burning in eyes, fatigue(10%)

Arena- still in one piece

Lt. Pidge- Mimic (Supersonic) ~ Fly/Swagger ~ Sky Attack/Protect
Raptor- Ancient Power ~ Protect ~ Bite

Battle
Lt. Pidge starts things off with his own screeching noise. Unfortunately, since Raptor didn't do the attack correctly, neither does Lt. Pidge. A loud shrieking noise fills the arena, but it does little more then cause a slight headache. Raptor shakes off the slight pain, and looks around for some rocks. Searching frantically, he finds the arena empty of anything to perform Ancient Power with. Meanwhile, Lt. Pidge begins to fly high, preparing for his next attack. Raptor, following his trainer's orders, begins to glow a strange white, protecting himself from...nothing. No attack has come yet, as Lt. Pidge is still far above him. Raptor stops the protection, and his teeth glisten, hoping to take a bite of Pidgey. Lt. Pidge charges, flying erratically. His left wing is bent inwards, causing him to fly off course. He crashes painfully into a wall, as a small debris of rocks falls down upon him. Raptor charges in, and plants his teeth directly into the flesh of Lt. Pidge. The small Pidgey screams in pain, as Raptor retreats a ways, bloody flesh in his jaws. Lt. Pidge winces, due to an incredible amount of pain.

Stats
Raptor- 92%, badly poisoned(6% next round), fatigue(22%)
Lt. Pidge- 70%, injured left wing, pain throughout body, fatigue(25%)

Arena- one wall is damaged, a small pile of rocks sits around Lt. Pidge

Razola
14th December 2002, 01:40 PM
You're doing fine Oddish, and I don't mean to sound anal, but shouldn't Raptor be at 92%? It said in Round One that the poison would do 3%.

Pray for Pidgey.

Cyrus
15th December 2002, 09:25 AM
I was under the impression that protect created a lasting effect, not a temporary effect.

Raptor, good job, while the bird is trapped on the ground, land in a tree high enough off the ground that the little bird can't reach you. And use rest to purge the poisans.

(move to a high and strong tree branch~rest)

Razola
15th December 2002, 11:56 AM
If he's going to nap, you do the same.

Rest this whole turn (no sleep talk or nothing). Rgain some health, and maybe your wing will heal.

If it doesn't...bird, you're barbeque.

Rest~Sleep~Sleep

Oddish17
15th December 2002, 12:11 PM
I changed it to 92%, I typed it up so fast I must have hit the wrong key ^_^;;

Anyways, protect does not provide a lasting effect. It never has, not even in the games. It will last as long as you continue to protect yourself, but the odds of it working over time decrease drastically.

For both of you: Please specify what type of Rest you mean. There are two types:
1. Sleeping Rest, that replenishes health but uses a lot of energy, and also puts your pokemon to sleep
2. Simply resting in a conscious state, to regain lost energy, but not health

Please clarify your attacks, then I'll ref.

Cyrus
15th December 2002, 12:26 PM
rest, as in the move rest, to sleep and regain health/purge effects

Razola
15th December 2002, 12:41 PM
Sleepy rest.

I prefer to call the other rest "Take a break"

Oddish17
15th December 2002, 02:10 PM
Well since all you are going to do is sleep, no sense in me bothering with any sort of reffing.

Raptor- 92%, badly poisoned(6% next round), fatigue(22%)
Lt. Pidge- 70%, injured left wing, pain throughout body, fatigue(25%)

Lt. Pidge- Rest*3
Raptor- Fly to tree branch, Rest

Battle
Raptor flies up and out of the arena, finding a large tree to rest upon. Both pokemon fall into a peaceful slumber, and this becomes the dullest round ever. Both pokemon awake at the end of the round, feeling refreshed, but strangely tired. Working off those ailments takes quite a bit of energy, it seems.

Stats
Raptor- 100%, no longer poisoned, fatigue(62%)
Lt. Pidge- 100%, no longer injured, fatigue(75%)

Arena- one wall is damaged, Lt. Pidge still lays amongst the rubble

The reason fatigue is so high, is that both pokemon had to expend a great deal of energy to heal themselves so quickly. Restful sleep does not conserve energy, it uses it greatly. If either pokemon uses Rest again, there is a good chance they won't wake back up. Lt. Pidge has higher fatigue because he rested for all three turns, plus had more health to regain.

Razola
15th December 2002, 02:30 PM
I posted a question to Charizard0461(sp?) on Rest earlier.

His suggested way of handling it is to have both pokemon gain 100%, and sleep for 9 actions, with no chance of waking up. It doesn't add fatigue, unless they use snore or sleep talk.

I know it's a style choice, so here's my move choices if you stand by your ref-ing:

If Raptor tries anything, Faint Attack and then strike him using Steel Wing.

After that, Take a Break and lose some fatigue. If you get a very good opportunity to take a break before then, do so.

Faint Attack/Take a Break~Steel Wing/Take a Break~Take a Break

Cyrus
15th December 2002, 02:36 PM
Alright, take a quick break to cool off a little after a stressful nap, then go ahead and use bite if he comes in for steel wing. If not use body slam. if he is pinned use bite, if not use bodyslam again

(Quick break~bite/bodyslam~bite/bodyslam

Oddish17
15th December 2002, 02:52 PM
Well, first off, Charizard04621 is a female.
Second, I completely disagree with her reffing for Rest. That's just the way it goes.
Besides, sleeping for nine turns would make this a battle of Sleep Talking, which wouldn't work too well since one pokemon is inside the arena, while the other is outside it.

Pre-Battle
Raptor- 100%, fatigue(62%)
Lt. Pidge- 100%, fatigue(75%)

Arena- one wall is damaged, Lt. Pidge still lays amongst the rubble

Lt. Pidge- Faint Attack/Take a Break ~ Steel Wing/Take a Break ~ Take a Break
Raptor- Quick Break ~ Bite/Bodyslam ~ Bite/Bodyslam

Battle
Just out of view, Raptor remains on his tree branch, breathing hard. Inside the arena, Lt. Pidge waits, preparing to strike. Nothing comes, though, so Lt. Pidge decides this is a good time to work off some of his fatigue. Conserving his energy, he is ever watchful for Raptor to appear. Outside, Raptor decides he's taken a long enough break, and swoops back into the arena. Raptor comes charging downwards, aiming for the seemingly defenseless Lt. Pidge. Preparing to Body Slam, Raptor stops in mid-air, as Lt. Pidge has vanished from view. Confused, he feels a rush of wind to his left, and turns just in time to see Lt. Pidge attack. With wings as hard as steel, Lt. Pidge strikes, knocking Raptor to the ground in a heap. Raptor regains his composure, and flies up to where Lt. Pidge gloats with glee. Overconfidence will not get you anywhere, as Raptor attacks the unsuspecting Lt. Pidge, knocking him into the wall with a powerful Body Slam. Lt. Pidge remains airborne, as does Raptor. Both Pokemon feel the sting from the attacks.

Stats
Raptor- 90%, bruised, fatigue(60%)
Lt. Pidge- 92%, bruised, fatigue(73%)

Arena- one wall is damaged, piles of rubble now lay amongst the floor

Cyrus
15th December 2002, 03:04 PM
I am curious how a little bird flying at Raptor prevents him from using bodyslam. A risky move shouldn't provide for dodging an attack...

Take a break, cool down. Then use Toxic to the small bird, to soak the wings with poisan and blind it, if it attempts to dodge use swift. If double team is used, swift; if faint attack is used, swift. Use Bodyslam to drive it to the ground.

(Take a break~Toxic/Swift~Toxic/Swift/Bodyslam towards the ground

Oddish17
15th December 2002, 03:10 PM
A little bird did not prevent Raptor from using Body Slam. That little bird using Faint Attack did. Faint Attack makes a pokemon temporarily invisible, thus Raptor could not see Lt. Pidge, and could not Body Slam.

Razola
15th December 2002, 03:11 PM
There's a lot of Charizards on this board. My apologies. I get mixed up.

All right Pidge, you're still tired. Since we're being gentlemen-like, let's Take a break as well. It's the nice thing to do.

Use Whirlwinf to redirect the poison back at Raptor. At the very least, make sure you don't get poisoned.

Then use Agility to avoid whatever he is going to do next.

Take a Break~Whirlwind~Agility

Oddish17
15th December 2002, 03:50 PM
Pre-Battle

Raptor- 90%, bruised, fatigue(60%)
Lt. Pidge- 92%, bruised, fatigue(73%)

Arena- one wall is damaged, piles of rubble now lay amongst the floor

Raptor- Take a break ~ Toxic/Swift ~ Toxic/Swift/Bodyslam towards the ground
Lt. Pidge- Take a Break ~ Whirlwind ~ Agility

Battle
Raptor shakes his head in confusion, as this round gets underway. Toxic, Swift, Body Slam, wtf? It's all very confusing, but he understood one thing. Flying casually, he takes a small rest before attacking once again. Opposite him, also flying, Lt. Pidge does the same thing. Both are grateful for this small break, but they know it won't last. In fact, Raptor is the first to start things off. Hearing Toxic so many times, he decides that's what he should do. A large glob of toxins spews forward from Raptor's mouth, although while flying this won't do much good. The poison's fall to the ground, harmlessly. Lt. Pidge whirlwinds, but it does little but push Raptor farther away. Still confused about his orders, Raptor uses Swift, fairly certain this is what he was supposed to do. A beam of stars appears, thrust forward by some psionic power. Lt. Pidge falls into a short zen like state, before zipping back in forth in an amazing show of speed. It's not enough, though, as the stars home in on Lt. Pidge's every move, striking home with force. Lt. Pidge is struck backwards, but still remains airborne. Raptor watches on, hoping he followed the correct commands.

Stats
Lt. Pidge- 84%, bruised, briefly enhanced speed, fatigue(55%)
Raptor- 90%, bruised, fatigue(40%)

Arena- one wall is damaged, piles of rubble lay amongst the floor, small globs of poison lay around the floor

Razola
15th December 2002, 04:01 PM
Since you are already speed up, use the momentum to do a Sky Attack.

After that, use Toxic while you are still up close & personal.

Then make a get-away by using Fly. DOn't stick around. Those teeth are dangerous, and you taste good with stuffing.

Sky Attack~Toxic~Fly

Cyrus
15th December 2002, 04:10 PM
Alright Raptor, a nice effort but you were off. Alright, lets keep this simple. When he comes in for a sky attack, use Reflect. Maintain it against the Toxic to let him poisan himself. Then again attempt to body slam him to the ground

Cyrus
17th December 2002, 08:36 AM
Saw this on the third page and saw you posting...

Oddish17
17th December 2002, 10:54 AM
I forgot about this battle.

I'll have the reffing up sometime today.

Cyrus
19th December 2002, 10:58 AM
It would appear you forgot about this battle again. It has been 48 hours.

Cyrus
21st December 2002, 11:12 AM
I understand Oddish's problems with the weather and having lost his modem. Can we get a sub ref till he is able to replace his modem

Oddish17
23rd December 2002, 11:45 AM
Eh, the thing with my modem happened a while ago. I didn't ref because I've been incredibly busy as of late.

Stats
Lt. Pidge- 84%, bruised, briefly enhanced speed, fatigue(55%)
Raptor- 90%, bruised, fatigue(40%)

Arena- one wall is damaged, piles of rubble lay amongst the floor, small globs of poison lay around the floor

Lt. Pidge- Sky Attack ~ Toxic ~ Fly
Raptor- Reflectx2 ~ Body Slam

Battle
As both pokemon continue to hover in mid-air, neither looks very pleased. Lt. Pidge has had enough of this, and prepares to strike down Raptor...hard. Vanishing in a blur, Lt. Pidge ziz-zags his way through the air. He increases the distance between him and Raptor, so as to get even more velocity behind his strike. Raptor watches as best he can. Lt. Pidge has now flown high, invisible to Raptor due to the high speed. With a loud whoosh, Lt. Pidge swoops downwards, aiming directly at Raptor. As he nears, Raptor realizes the time is perfect. A transparent wall appears in front of him, shimmering with a strange energy. Lt. Pidge strikes the wall, slowing him down tremendously. The reflective barrier shatters, as Lt. Pidge still continues on, striking Raptor with a much less effective Sky Attack. Raptor is knocked backwards, but manages to throw up a reflect just in time, as the Toxic attack from Lt. Pidge falls to the ground. Lt. Pidge decides it's time to make his temporary exit, flying high to the edge of the arena. Raptor goes in for a body slam, only to fly through his own Reflect. The barrier breaks into light shards, as Raptor is slammed to a halt. Deciding to stop for now, he glares at Lt. Pidge above him.

Stats
Raptor- 84%, bruised, Reflect no longer in effect, fatigue(44%)
Lt. Pidge- 84%, bruised, no longer has enhanced speed, fatigue(60%)

Arena- one wall is damaged, piles of rubble lay amongst the floor, large globs of poison lay around the floor

Cyrus
6th January 2003, 11:45 AM
The reflect is a one way effect, how does it break the momentum of Raptor? And even if you ref it as a two way, I would like to think he isn't stupid enough fly though his own barrier, if it would also effect him

Oddish17
6th January 2003, 01:35 PM
This battle is over anyways, seeing as you are well past the DQ time. Not that it matters, since I'm not coming back to ASB. Seeing as nobody is active anymore, it's quite dull.

Cyrus
6th January 2003, 04:44 PM
Raz posted in Away Tower that he was gone till the 12th of January, I saw no point in posting until then and we had agreed to not DQ each other.