PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] What are you guilty of ...?

Dark-San
21st January 2008, 06:16 AM
It was said to believe since ancient times that the human body is only a shell. And that if we deceased and pass onto the other world in our spiritual form, which many of us claim to be our soul, we would be judged.

From every religion that I had known of, from Islam to Buddhism to Christianity, every minute details of life would be dug out. The darkest secret we would not want people to know of, the crime in which we are guilty of and even the good deeds that we had done will be all laid out on the table and clearly evaluated.

If it happens that the scale tilts towards the badass side, you would condemn and send packing to hell. But then again, if the scale tilts towards the good side, you can find yourself enjoying the comfort of heaven.

Well that is only one school of thought! There is still another school of thought in which some atheists believes in, which is when you died, your existence simply vanished into thin air.

Today's poll is not a topic in which we are to argue on whose theory is right or whose is wrong. But rather whether if you are a religious person or an atheist, at some point in your life, you may have reflect on certain past events and regret performing some of the actions, which harm others.

Poll

1) Of the seven deadly sins, are you able to name all of them at your finger tips and the reason on why you could remember some of them, while others you could not?

Unfortunately yes, I do recognized all of them. They are Lust, Greed, Gluttony, Sloth, Envy, Pride and Wrath. I do not have to wiki them out since I had watched the anime, Full Metal Alchemist, before.

Each of those seven deadly sins were the names assigned to each of the homunculus. And since Full Metal Alchemist is one of those animes, which is still in my top ten recommended list. It is only natural that I know them by memory.

2) Were you guilty on all of them once in your lifetime? How would you rate yourself based on the seven deadly sins in a scale of ten? (If possible, give a reason on why you deserved that rating.)

Lust - 7/10

Guys, please do not lie here. >.<; Everyone of us is at least guilty of it quite frequently. You see a drop dead gorgeous female walking past you, would you plainly ignore her existence and just continue on with your work or you glance at her and hope that she glances back?

Some of the guys I know of would put down whatever things that they are doing and head towards the lady, just to get her number. I am not sure on our female counterparts, so perhaps this poll might shed some light into it.

Greed - 8/10

If you had seen my gambling spree this past semester, you would be in for a shock. In the past, it used to be once every year. Last semester, it was once every month. And lately, its frequency changed to once a week. Yes, if you know what am I talking about, I am referring to my regular mahjong sessions. And these sessions does not include in my Poker and Blackjack buddies. >.<;

Sloth - 3/10

I am very confident that Sloth is the least of my concern in the seven deadly sins. In fact, I was even told once by my superior that I am overproductive, too overproductive in fact. If you happens to be in my assignment or project, all I could say is that you are a very lucky person.

'Cause most of the time, I would be the one that does most of the research and most of the work.

Gluttony - 4/10

I do not eat that much these days. In fact, I do not overly indulged myself in food. Sadly even if I wanted to, I would have to pay close attention to my diet. My mom had been describing me as getting plumper as the day passes. This is nothing to be proud of. =(

Envy - 5/10

I do get envious sometimes on why could they enjoy success while I could not. That used to be my thinking when I was around secondary school. By the time, many people realized that at some point somethings in life, they are bound not destined to get. Hence, no point in wasting their lives envying these guys.

For me, I do believe however that if you worked hard enough, you would eventually get what you deserved.

Pride - 6/10

Everyone has it. Some people mistaken it for dignity. In fact, they are the same. To be honest, I am proud guy. I take pride in every work I do and if I got into an honourable position in life, I would believe that I derserved that. But then, I rarely boast about position that I have attained it. Hence, it explains the average rating.

Wrath - 7/10

I am a good natured person. But I do have my ugly side. Not everyone is spared from it.

If my brother, younger than me by a year, pissed me off, I would flared out my temper. Or if a service staff pissed me off with his attitude, I would argue with the person until the point the manager has to get involved.

3) Which realm would you deserved to go to if there is an afterlife? (Heaven, Hell or neither?)

Statistically, I got 40/70. Hence making me valid for Hell entry. >.<;

Toxicity
21st January 2008, 11:35 AM
1) Of the seven deadly sins, are you able to name all of them at your finger tips and the reason on why you could remember some of them, while others you could not?
2) Were you guilty on all of them once in your lifetime? How would you rate yourself based on the seven deadly sins in a scale of ten? (If possible, give a reason on why you deserved that rating.)
3) Which realm would you deserved to go to if there is an afterlife? (Heaven, Hell or neither?)

1. Pride, Lust, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Gluttony, Envy. That's all seven, plus the sin that was later replaced by Sloth, Sorrow.

I remember them because I just do. The theme of the Seven Sins and Seven Virtues is a common occurrence in the arts.

Pride - 2/10; absolutely no, if any, self-confidence
Lust - 4/10; I'm not into the sexual aspects of a relationship, and I'm trying to eliminate any urges. But there's one thing that's just so hard to drop...
Greed - 3/10; I donate a lot and often share what I have with other people. But because I still have to rely on scholarship to fund me through college, and the occasional gift money from relatives to fulfill my own needs, it's not extremely low.
Sloth - 5/10; I work as hard as I can at everything I do. But because I'm dealing with another depression, I've been finding it harder to concentrate for an extensive amount of time and even harder
Wrath - 7/10; when I'm pushed over too far emotionally, I tend to go pretty berserk and it feels like I'm a totally different person. These happenings have seemed to increase in frequency recently.
Gluttony - 3/10; my appetite is smaller than it used to be, because I've never really eaten too much. But if something seems delicious at the time, I'll go out and get it at the earliest chance I can.
Envy - 5/10; the only thing I get jealous about is that I'm alone and feel unloved whereas the meanest people I know here have parents and friends who wait loyally for them.

3. My final total is 29/70. I can has neither or Purgatory now plz?

Master of Paradox
21st January 2008, 05:09 PM
That opening seemed unduly snide towards atheists...

1. Pride, Lust, Greed, Sloth, Gluttony, Wrath, Envy. I simply know them very well, having read about them on many occasions.

Pride: 1/10 - My self-loathing is considerable, and digs at me like a hook. I have little self-confidence.

Lust: 8/10 - Put simply, I'm a pervert on a grand scale. My list of fetishes is almost scary in its length and breadth. The scary part is that in person I'm rather shy.

Greed: 7/10 - Less a greed for money and more for objects. I set lines at which I will spend no further... and then gleefully spend up to them. I am a consumer par excellance.

Sloth: 6/10 - Laziness tends to catch at my feet on occasion, and I tend to leave work undone until it must be done for anything to take place. If I could get away with it I'd never do my laundry.

Gluttony: 3/10 - Much less than before, as I rigorously monitor what I eat due to Weight Watchers. In my past, this score was much higher, but I strive with what will I can gather to resist the old urges.

Envy: 7/10 - This would be higher, due to my consuming self-loathing, but I don't deal with other people enough for this sin to be stronger. Still, I generally seethe when I personally encounter someone better off.

Wrath: 9/10 - My temper is short and uncontrollable. Rage fills me at the slighest provocation, and does not leave easily. It takes a great deal of effort to rein it in.

3. 45/70 - Hell would await, if it were real.

Blademaster
21st January 2008, 05:19 PM
1) Of the Seven Sins, are you able to name all of them at your fingertips along with the reason why?

Lust, Gluttony, Envy, Sloth, Avarice, Vanity, Wrath.

I remember them from FullMetal Alchemist, but a few names I must change because of that fucking Truth game...

2) Were you guilty of all of them once in your lifetime? On a scale of 1 to 10, what's your rating? If possible, give a reason on why you have that rating.

Lust: Not much to say here... But I have a single major regret in this field. 4/10
Gluttony: I'm really skinny, but I still eat a lot, just so I can become less skinny. 5/10
Envy: I'm very competitive. And I get upset easily when people are better than me at things. 7/10
Sloth: (points at T-shirt) 'Laziness: One of my many talents.' 8/10
Avarice: I have little money, but I share what I can with people who require it. 1/10
Vanity: Competitiveness out of the way, I'm pretty humble and compliments are... usually lost on me. 3/10
Wrath: My Achilles heel. It takes awhile for me to get visibly angry, but I become intensely violent and crazy at that time. I essentially have 'Marik Ishtar sickness.' 9/10

3) Which realm would you go to if there is an afterlife? (Heaven, Hell or neither?)

Final score: 37/70

I believe there's no Hell, though. And those Seven Virtues have to come into play somewhere...

Drago
22nd January 2008, 08:45 PM
lol at Blade's response. Thank you truth or dare for making his life just that little bit harder.

I'm sorry, I can't answer this question properly now because I'm stupid and read your replies without reading the entire question. I tried again just then and named them all once again. So the reason I remembered them is because I am stupid. :D

Pride: 7/10 - I'm often filled with a feeling of superiority that's just sometimes marred by fleeting moments of inadequacy. But in my defence, the only reason I think I'm better than everyone else is because I actually am. Ain't no sin tellin' the truth!

Lust: 8/10 - I am a dirty, dirty old man. On the plus side, ever since entering a relationship I don't have to fawn after every pretty young thing who crosses my path any longer.

Greed: 9/10 - Why shouldn't I have everything I want, huh? Stuff is out there to be had, be it money or possessions... I hold (far too much) value in worldly possessions, to the point of obsession.

Sloth: 10/10 - If I'm not a wild success, it's because of this. I really do have a lot of fantastic qualities and potential, but I'm far, far too lazy to start trying to succeed now. I have a 'put it off till tomorrow' attitude that enjoys believing that tomorrow is always just a day out of reach.

Gluttony: 2/10 - I eat when I'm hungry. That's about it, I don't go overboard... and I have the decency to ask others when I can have something. Important thing.

Envy: 3/10 - I'm only ever jealous of the things people have that I don't, not the things people are that I'm not. Because, as aforementioned, me = superior.

Wrath: 6/10 - I used to have a very short temper, but it doesn't seem to be quite so bad anymore. I'd say it's less rage, more testosterone these days.

45/70 on the old sinometer... However, I'm going to Heaven because underneath all that, I happen to be a decent person. That oughta be enough to nab my ticket.

Cheesey
24th January 2008, 11:40 AM
Sloth, Envy, Greed, Pride, Lust... er... Gluttony... and... oh. :( I can remember 6 of them... and if I just check... oh yeah, Wrath. I really don't know why I could remember all of them 'cept for that one, I suppose it's not a talent I pride myself on.

Pride: 4/10 - I have a pretty rubbish self-esteem but I have to admit, it has improved significantly over the past few years. I used to be completely hopeless. But I've gotten through a lot and I know I'm pretty capable after all!!

Lust: 3/10 - To be honest, I'm really not a particularly lusty person, never have been. Perhaps that'll change in the future?! But for now, eh, you know, it is what it is and all that.

Greed: 5/10 - I have my greedy moments I suppose. Though not in like, a spoilt I-must-have-all-these-lovely-things way, more in an "oh, that is ever so nice, perhaps I shall get it, yes, yes I should" kind of way. But I'm not that bad, I don't ask for much!!

Sloth: 9/10 - The one mark taken off for being able to be punctual these days!! I love sleeping, procrastinating, I'm really unreliable when it comes down to it I guess. Since I left school and have foregone any real responsibility, I've gotten really rather lazy. Deary me.

Gluttony: 3/10 - I used to eat so little it was unhealthy, but these days I eat enough and - shock horror! - sometimes I eat things when I don't need them. Haha. No, in all seriousness, I like cooking and so when I can be bothered I eat quite a bit. Not often though, admittedly.

Envy: 7/10 - I'm really bad for this, cos I get really paranoid but I also end up thinking that I wouldn't be if I had this or that or the other, and then I get jealous of people because they do have this and that AND the other, and then I get over it. Still, I have a tendency to go a bit overboard with the whole jealousy thing...

Wrath: 5/10 - I don't often get angry, but when I do I get a bit overwhelmed by it. Which is good in a way, cos I used to just try and put up with it and not show it, but that overwhelmed me even more. It's not like I go beating people up or anything, but you know.

36/70... oohh, that's 1 mark more than halfway. Surely I'd be sent to purgatory rather than Hell? I mean I'm a bit good really.

Zak
24th January 2008, 03:43 PM
1. Considering how many times I've seen Se7en, I certainly can. Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Pride, Lust, Envy, Wrath. (Yeah, that's the order they're in there.)

All of them just about... well almost.

Gluttony - 2/10, but what I am guilty of is not eating enough. I'm not anorexic or anything, it's just not on my priority list, lol sometimes I spend hours at the TV unable to pull away and by the time I'm done dinner's over, and I mostly raid the munchies. Basically I only eat when I'm extremely hungry. Heh.

Greed: 8/10. Supposedly I'm self centered, but it kinda pisses me off like whenever someone around gets treated like royalty and they don't deserve it (hell even they probably feel uncomfortable). Like when our family has guests over I make sure they stay the hell out of my room. Apparently that makes me self centered. I also don't like to share.

Sloth - 8/10. I don't get anything done unless I'm motivated strongly.

Pride - 1/10. I'm perfect in that department (lol)

Lust - 8/10. I dunno if this counts since its not really sexual directly, but I've stalked people a lot before. They were asking for it though. Really, what they did was just screaming "stalk me!" and... well, I did for well over a year. They never knew.

Envy - 7/10. Meh.... no comment.

Wrath - 8/10. Like what I said for lust, the stalking was more out of spite than out of lust. A combination of both, but they truly deserved it, if not worse.

3. Hell doesn't exist, but if it did, probably Heaven anyway because I'm still a decent person who means well. Yeah, even by stalking this person.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
26th January 2008, 04:08 AM
1. I wouldn't have thought of gluttony to be honest but I would have remembered the other six. In my eyes gluttony, sloth and lust are virtues though, especially the first two.

Gluttony - 5/10. Ah, the haute cuisine, how can you not love it. Dining on the finest things there. If you like to eate a lot, enjoy! I'm a bit picky when it comes to food and I lost over 30 pounds over the years (I really was turning fat) but I still won't say no to a good dish or two. Tasty.

Greed: 5/10. I'm partially greedy. I have no problems helping others out, I lend money to friends (and not small amounts) and never ask for them to give it back. So that's good I guess. On the other hand I'm self-centered and have no problems at all if others invite me for dinner or something like that but I never do it in return myself.

Sloth - 8/10. Ah, sloth, the greatest virtue. What other creature but men can just lay around, doing nothing. And it's so splendid to do it. Unless I really have to I never get anything done. Tomorrow's another day too after all. But I'm in good company. Jehova is the biggest sloth of all. Made the world in six days and since then he's been resting.

Pride - 3/10. I'm quite proud of myself when I achieve something but usually in quiet so I don't walk around boasting with things. So that's good I guess.

Lust - 9/10. I have a very dirty mind but don't really live out any of my wicked and naughty dreams and desires, nor will I ever. But it's the thought that counts I guess, lol.

Envy - 1/10. Nah, I'm happy with what I have. You do half my work but earn twice as much in wages? No problem with me.

Wrath - 3/10. The only time I feel wrath in me is when I feel betrayed in some kind of way. Then I walk around, flinging my arms in the air and cursing that you have to cover your ears. Sometimes I punch the wall too. But I don't turn my wrath against another person.

3. Hm, an average score of 34/70. Sounds good, Heaven awaits. And if it doesn't then I kick God in the ass and take his place. I think I'd make a better one anyway if half of what they say about him is true (he's got a 50/70 score minimum in my book).

Blademaster
26th January 2008, 05:54 AM
Jehova is the biggest sloth of all. Made the world in six days and since then he's been resting.

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!

Heald
26th January 2008, 06:20 AM
1) Blah, if I wanted I could, but I can't be bothered, so I'll just copy and paste from your post. Lust, Greed, Gluttony, Sloth, Envy, Pride and Wrath.

2) Lust 9/10 - I fuck anything that walks. Seriously. It's a very sexy learning disability - sexlexia.

Greed 4/10 - Meh, I'm not particularly greedy. I care little more material needs. I can be more than fiscal at times, but I blame that on the tight-fisted Scot in me. Although I can never resist a free deal.

Gluttony 2/10 - I don't pig out or anything. I don't usually snack and try to cut down on eating pure shit. I like fruit and stuff.

Sloth 7/10 - Guilty as charged. I consider being awake just a 20 hour period where I'm forced to do banal tasks such as work, go to the toilet and, God forbid, talk to other people. Sleeping is the best part of my day.

Envy 2/10 - I'm not particularly envious a person. I don't really covet people's goods or stuff. I am sometimes slightly envious of people's luck or fortunes, for example, how talentless scum such as Amy Winehouse, Kanye West, Lily Allen, Kate Nash (this could go on all day) get to be huge celebrities and awesome people such as me have to waste my life away filling out banal polls on some shitty Pokemon forum.

Pride 6/10 - I guess I do take pride in my appearance, and I do think that I am God's gift to everything.

Wrath 4/10 - I normally keep my anger in check, at least as far as other people are concerned; I normally won't yell at people. I can yell at traffic lights, roadworks, broken computers, coursework, windows, empty bottles of whiskey, yadda yadda yadda. I can get some pretty bad-ass road rage going too.

3) Final score: 34/70

Resting place: Detroit

Houndoom_Lover
26th January 2008, 06:57 PM
Poll

I can name them all, though I forget Greed from time to time. Maybe because my greed is on an infidesimal level? Haha...*sigh* Well, apart from Fullmetal Alchimist (sp?), I'm an avid reader of damnation literature. I mean, if the devil is a character, the story is usual good. Hm....and I went to a Catholic school o.o they drill them into you! Hubris! HUBRIS!

Lust - 2/10 A mere two, because like every human, I have my moments, but I find the thought of free sex to be a very disgusting one. People touching people sexually just because they can. Dusgusting! If you don't plan to spend a life time with the person, keep yourself to yourself, in my opion. Though at times free love sound rather...romantic, I know I'd be disgusted with myself if I ever engaged in such a notion.

Greed- 4/10 I'm not sure how I should rate myself on this one, so I went with a four. My all devouring pride makes me asume I'm not greedy at all, but I'm more greedy then lustful, so here ya go. I do like money, and large grandour things, but that's really more pride based then mindless greed.

Sloth-8/10 Few things are better then watching the world go by, detacting yourself and let your mind go blank, even though you know you should be doing something.

Gluttony-8/10 Right up there with Sloth. I'm just so use to it, I take Gluttony for granted. I'm such a fat little thing.

For example: I see unprotected free ice cream on the table, I steal said ice cream. Then I think...Hm, I'm almost gone, I shoulda stole two
>.<

Envy - 4/10 I would really like to know what it be like to have things so my way. It be the famous one, to taste the land of riches. I envy over abilitie of others, more then oppsestions...unless I see a nice house that is.

Pride - 9/10 My pride prevented me from giving me a 10. On a good day, I feel like on top of the world, nothing can fall me- I am the ruler of all I see and you dance my pawns! I'm arragent, cynical, and tactless, even more so when I think someone is stupid. And alot of people I veiw stupid when I'm on a megomaiaced roll. My pride is easily insulted, for example, when someone lies to me or insults the way I am...like talking or writting. I'm just so chocked full of myself! On a bad day, Whoo, my pride skyrockets to 11 or 12, unless I'm feeling worthless, even then...I cheer myself up by telling me how much better I am then everyone...

Wrath - 5/10 I give myself a humble five. I don't like yelling or being angery. But I can only take so much.

I don't much deserve to go to either of them, but Heaven would be nice

Oh, crap! I forgot the score...or did I? um 40/70?

Heald
26th January 2008, 07:05 PM
Though at times free love sound rather...romantic, I know I'd be disgusted with myself if I ever engaged in such a notion.

There's nothing "romantic" about it.

Unless you find waking up alone with all your alcohol and tobacco gone and the guy you were with the night before nowhere to be seen, and then you realise he gave you a fake name and phone number romantic? Personally, there is no classier way to leave a girl.

Houndoom_Lover
26th January 2008, 07:27 PM
Oh, no, I can think of classier ones, at least that way, you know what to expect in life. Deep disapointment. Yes...maybe romantic wasn't the right word *poking about my brain for the right one* agreeable! Hm, agreeable doesn't seem to be the right one either. Oh well, whatever the word goes there, one night stands and random sex has to my greatest loathing point for mankind.

-insert swear word-

Hey, look at the bright side, you won't be nursing your hangover with booze.