PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLII

mr_pikachu
22nd January 2008, 01:24 AM
As all you US football fans know, Super Bowl XLII is approaching fast. The Patriots will reach for history and the longest perfect season in the history of the NFL on February 3. But the Giants won't make it easy, especially after coming so close to ending New England's perfect run in week 17.

The Patriots may have to deal with an additional obstacle, as Brady appears to be injured (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Walking-wounded-Brady-spotted-in-cast?urn=nfl,62907). Is this Belichick's biggest ploy to confuse his opposition, or could the first ever 18-0 team have a major crisis?

Who are you rooting for? How will you enjoy the game? And what do you think about the pre-game developments? Discuss!

Clark
22nd January 2008, 01:33 AM
Rooting for the Giants. I won't watch much, but just hoping karma gets the pats.

Drago
22nd January 2008, 02:11 AM
I like historical events, and everything else be damned, I like the Patriots' arrogance and drive to win. They're nobody's friend, and that's just the way they like it. They've caused some heartbreak to my Titans in the past, but I'll let that slide and follow them to complete their perfect season!
As for the Giants, I've always felt they were overrated (though it's hard to say that about a team that made the Super Bowl, aye?), and I'm one of many who wanted to see Brett and the Pack go for that one last hurrah. There aren't many players on their team that I like (Strahan and Umenyiora are a couple of loudmouths), and I'll always be willing to cheer for the downfall of a Manning bro.

Patriots v. Giants II for this year, I'm following the New England Cheaters! ...err, Patriots...

Will have more substantial thoughts later.

Jeff
22nd January 2008, 07:06 AM
Well, I haven't been following this season too closely for obvious reasons (for those who don't know I'm a Ravens fan). Normally I hold a grudge against some team, last year it was the Colts. This year, my only grudge was against Billick, for his poorly placed timeout that cost Baltimore the game when they played the Patriots. So as far as what team I'm rooting for, I must say I would like to see history be made. My brother is also a Patriots fan (even rooting for them when they played the Ravens). I guess I'll go with the Pats.

Magmar
22nd January 2008, 11:20 AM
The Patriots are the home team for me, but I'd LOVE to see them lose just because I'm sick of those people in the office who are obsessed with American football bragging about the team.

Perfect Chaos
22nd January 2008, 01:45 PM
I am and will be Giants fan until the day I die, for sure.

So yah, karma's coming Pats. Giants are traveling to Upset City and you're goina be part of the ride

Huzzah! :D

-Sean

Roy Karrde
22nd January 2008, 02:28 PM
Why do I feel as if I am deciding between getting kicked in the nuts, or punched in the face?

Why can't a nuke just hit the stadium and we get a tie?

Heald
22nd January 2008, 03:01 PM
Go Socks.

Knight of Time
22nd January 2008, 03:32 PM
Meh, they may have been accused of cheating, but I'm going all the way for the Patriots. I've been rooting for them since the regular season started, not expecting a perfect record then, but now, the stakes are much, much higher. Even if Tom Brady doesn't play in the big game, I still have the hope they will win without him. No team is going to be better than the Patriots that easily!

Toxicity
22nd January 2008, 04:21 PM
Go Socks.

Yankees all the way. :P

But seriously, I'm sticking with the Giants.

Drago
22nd January 2008, 04:56 PM
Even if Tom Brady doesn't play in the big game, I still have the hope they will win without him. No team is going to be better than the Patriots that easily!
Matt Cassell vs. the Giants pass-rush? No way. He'd get eaten alive. It's the same thing as Titans/Colts week 17, a dominant pass-rushing d-line against a backup QB who hasn't played throughout the year does not add up. Maroney won't be able to carry the load, not with all the receiving weapons taken away.
I say, no matter what condition Brady is in, he plays. No way he lets this one get by.

Katie
24th January 2008, 11:40 PM
Why is there no poll option for PUPPIES?

PUPPY BOWL IV :cool:

Also, I do not care about those teams so I will probably miss the good commercials. (At least the first time around. God bless YouTube)

mr_pikachu
25th January 2008, 04:45 PM
What, nobody's cheering for Paula Abdul? How sad...

Here's an article that ought to inspire some "discussion": Pats fans a cut above (http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1068889&srvc=home&position=0)

Pats fans a cut above
Giants outclassed on the field and in the stands

New England Patriots fans are smarter, classier and healthier and own pricier homes than the riff-raff who root for the New York Giants - and now we’ve got the research to back it up.

Some 62 percent of Pats fans living in the Boston area earned a bachelor’s or postgraduate degree or have some higher-education experience, compared to 59 percent of Giants fans, according to the latest marketing data provided by the Nielsen Co., the TV ratings firm.

Likewise, 72 percent of Pats fans live in homes worth north of $200,000, compared to 63 percent of Giants yahoos, the Nielsen data show.

That’s just for starters.

Pats fans consistently show better taste than their Gotham counterparts, according to Nielsen.

We drink Amstel Light, not Bud Light. Giants fans slug back lots of whiskey.

We are likely to read connoisseur magazines like Wine Spectator. Gotham fans like to pig out on junk food like pretzels, chips and nuts. They’re also less likely to favor organic food than other New Yorkers.

Giants tailgaters are conspicuous consumers who party off the backs of Land Rovers and showy BMW SUVs. Pats fans are more likely to tailgate off the back of an understated Lexus or a sturdy Volvo SUV.

When Pats revelers aren’t watching football, they’re hitting the slopes skiing or going for a sail. They’re also more likely to belong to country clubs.

When Giants fans aren’t booing Giants coach Tom Coughlin or punk quarterback Eli Manning in that New Jersey stadium they call home, they’re out practicing their tennis backhands in the backyard.

None of these marketing revelations came as a surprise to Mike Schuster, 45, who lives in the shadow of Gillette Stadium in Foxboro.

“Boston fans are much classier,” said Schuster, a real estate agent and software consultant who is heading out to Arizona for the Super Bowl. “Have you ever been to Yankee stadium? I mean, they boo their own players.”

“Bostonians, in general, are better educated,” Schuster added. “New Yorkers have to send their kids to Boston to educate them.”

It’s also worth noting that the Patriots are an equal opportunity franchise, drawing more female fans than the competition. Nearly half of all Pats backers - about 43 percent - are women. In Giants country, just 31 percent of the fans are female.

Pats fans are also more Web savvy, some 63 percent have broadband Internet connection.

Of course, though we may hate to admit it, fans on both sides of the turf do have some similarities. The Nielsen data indicate that Pats and Giants fans are both likely to live in “affluent” suburbs or rural neighborhoods. They both buy “above average” amounts of beer, too, and they like to garden.

Pokemaster Ash
25th January 2008, 09:06 PM
Well I'm a die-hard Chicago Bears fan and, well, this year has sucked like hell for us. At the very least, we swept the Packers, so HA! to you cheeseheads in the audience.

I actually wanted the Packers to make the Super Bowl 'cause my hatred for the Manning brothers is apparently greater than for Green Bay. In my opinion, Peyton and Eli are arrogant, uber-overrated brats who deserve to have their heads kicked in and don't deserve to even BE in a Super Bowl let alone win one (I wonder where this hatred is coming from....? *cough*SuperBowlXLI*cough*). Also what a matchup that would have been: Brady vs. Favre. Classic!

Of course, the Super Bowl means nothing to me now, but I would still like the Patriots to achieve their perfection. It's not often a team has a chance to do that, plus Eli Manning needs his butt kicked and it would also shut the '72 Dolphins up permanently (speaking of arrogant people...).

DarkTemplarZero
26th January 2008, 12:47 AM
I'm sorry, but the Giants just have to lose. This reflects on how shitty the NFC is, even more than the fact that their Pro Bowl cornerbacks are from the amazing Cowboys secondary >.<. The Giants just suck horribly, that Green Bay game was just an embarrassment for all parties involved. I thought it would be one of those epic Lambeau Field showdowns, but by the end both teams were just trying so hard to lose that it was painful to watch.

Bottom line, the Giants don't stand a chance against the Pats. The Giants defense frankly doesn't have enough skill to slow down the Pats offense, now that Maroney's playing well they actually have a running game, and Arizona won't be as freezing as Foxboro, so they should be able to pass more effectively than they have in recent weeks.

Too Cool Scyther
28th January 2008, 01:30 PM
I used to only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials. But these days, with YouTube and everything... the commercials are going to be online anyway.

Here's a question though. If you really are true fans of the Patriots or Giants...

Oh and by true fan, I meant that you live near the area so that you can go to the home games. Wouldn't you be pissed that the Super Bowl is in a completely different city? Plus the ticket prices are so ridiculously expensive because of the scaplers, it's unfair for the real fans who want to attend the game. The Playoff game has turned to become a whole media spectacle along with rich people who probably couldn't care less about football, but they are there to just say that they've been to a Super Bowl.

DarkTemplarZero
29th January 2008, 04:21 PM
Woah it's TCS. Haven't seen you on TPM in a really long time. Anyway, the media frenzy is a good thing because the commercials are just so awesome, and watching on TV's much more comfortable, convenient, and cheaper, so I don't think it's that much of a problem.

firepokemon
29th January 2008, 04:25 PM
Hello TCS

SuperBowl is dumb.

SupremeChampion
30th January 2008, 03:45 PM
TMS, extremely good point

secondly, i'll admit i am a die-hard eagles fan (and boy have there been some hard times lol), so i'm no fan of either team. but i'm gonna have to say, i'm rooting for the giants. it was tough, given the fact that i have no love for either the pats or the giants, but i think i can deal with giants fans for a year about how they upset the pats rather than listening to every pats fan about how amazing their team is for another year. i mean don't get me wrong, the pats have an outstanding team, and i can almost guarentee someone out there is going label me a patriots hater because of what i'm saying, but i think i would rather see the giants win then the patriots.

also, the writer who wrote that article "Pats fans a Cut Above" obviously needs something more contructive to do with her time if that sort of dribble is what she's turning out.

~The Italian Stallion

PS= haha don't let tricky bill fool you. its a known fact that he lists like almost his whole team as doubtful on the injury report, so you never know who's hurt how bad. he probably told brady to wear that boot, just to mess with everyone, and there's no way he's not out there practicing with his team. i'm telling you, come kick-off it'll be like he just got back from from johns hopkins hospital or the mayo clinic (haha for everyone who doesn't know, those are rated the #1 and #2 hospitals in the US).

Drago
30th January 2008, 04:07 PM
Must suck for you Supreme, choose between the team that shattered your Eagles' Superbowl dreams a couple years back (a similar situation makes me hate the Rams forever) or one of your division rivals. Lose-lose. :(

fp is dumb :P

Crystal Mew
30th January 2008, 11:25 PM
both teams suck, I doubt I'll even watch this silly game =)

I'm voting for the commercials!

DarkTemplarZero
31st January 2008, 05:14 PM
Can't believe that an Eagles fan would root for the Giants. How could you go one whole year without seeing the Manning pout?

And anyway, face it, with the #7 pick in the draft, the Patriots are only going to get better next year, so either way, you'll have to put up with another year of Pats kicking everybody's ass ^_^

mr_pikachu
2nd February 2008, 10:35 AM
For those of you rooting for the commercials, you may be interested in seeing a sneak preview and analysis (http://www.yahoo.com/s/797281).

And Spygate may be coming back to haunt the Patriots (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-patshistory020108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns) once again.

EDIT: More (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3227245) Spygate (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3226465) stuff (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3225539).

DarkestLight
2nd February 2008, 06:10 PM
Im waiting for Paula Abdul's wardrobe to malfunction and for her boob to slide along the floor and affix itself there :o.

Oh and commercials.

And I also wanna see another first play touchdown. Those are always fun.

Roy Karrde
2nd February 2008, 11:36 PM
Well I am not going to watch the game. Instead I choose to watch the last two episodes of Friday Night Lights with my mom.

Dillon Panthers > New England Patriots

Drago
3rd February 2008, 04:06 PM
Alrighty then! Kickoff in an hour, here's my call on the game. Historically, I've been incredibly inaccurate, so no doubt after the game we can all look back on these predictions and laugh.

1st quarter...
Neither team manages much, they don't try for anything big. A fumble kills a potential scoring drive.
Pats 3
Giants 3

2nd quarter...
Early to midway through, Giants get into a rhythm and manage a touchdown. Tom Brady has been unspectacular (but still hasn't thrown an interception), Giants go into the half with an inflated sense of confidence.
Pats 6
Giants 10

3rd quarter...
Opening Patriots drive is a touchdown, carried mostly by Laurence Maroney. Wes Welker makes at least one big play, and Eli makes a costly error that he will not recover from.
Pats 20
Giants 10

4th quarter...
Tom Brady hits Randy Moss to put this away in the middle of the fourth quarter. Panicking that he is down, Eli can't keep his composure and lead the team. The Giants defence gives them an opportunity late, but they score a touchdown too late in the game to follow up on.
Pats 30
Giants 17

...Yeah, I somehow feel like I'm gonna regret making these predictions.

Ultimate Charizard
3rd February 2008, 04:31 PM
Well since i find all this 'New' England BS offensive im gonna go with the real Brits in the game.
The giants got OC (I aint spelling his surname) who lived in London till he was 6 and still considers himself british, with a UK passport n everything and the Kicker Tynes who was born in Scotland.

If we cant make em like proper football (thats soccer to u guys) then we can always invade their games :)

SupremeChampion
3rd February 2008, 05:56 PM
@ DK= haha man, you have no idea how

@ DTZ= i guess you would say its the lesser of two evils. manning pouting is priceless, but the pats 18-1.. now thats forever haha

giants up 3-0, but the pats are driving, btb lol

~The Italian Stallion

Roy Karrde
3rd February 2008, 09:07 PM
TAKE THAT YOU CHEATING MOTHER FUCKERS! 18-0 MEANS ABSOLUTELY JACK!

Jeff
3rd February 2008, 09:15 PM
Wow, history was certainly made tonight, one of the biggest upsets ever.

Perfect Chaos
3rd February 2008, 09:16 PM
Alrighty then! Kickoff in an hour, here's my call on the game. Historically, I've been incredibly inaccurate, so no doubt after the game we can all look back on these predictions and laugh.

1st quarter...
Neither team manages much, they don't try for anything big. A fumble kills a potential scoring drive.
Pats 3
Giants 3

2nd quarter...
Early to midway through, Giants get into a rhythm and manage a touchdown. Tom Brady has been unspectacular (but still hasn't thrown an interception), Giants go into the half with an inflated sense of confidence.
Pats 6
Giants 10

3rd quarter...
Opening Patriots drive is a touchdown, carried mostly by Laurence Maroney. Wes Welker makes at least one big play, and Eli makes a costly error that he will not recover from.
Pats 20
Giants 10

4th quarter...
Tom Brady hits Randy Moss to put this away in the middle of the fourth quarter. Panicking that he is down, Eli can't keep his composure and lead the team. The Giants defence gives them an opportunity late, but they score a touchdown too late in the game to follow up on.
Pats 30
Giants 17

...Yeah, I somehow feel like I'm gonna regret making these predictions.

Yeah, you are Drago

GIANT UPSET!!! GIANTS ARE SUPER BOWL XLII WINNERS!!! 18-1 PATRIOTS HAVE ARRIVED AT UPSET CITY!!!

ELI MANNING FOR MVP!! :D :D :D

-Sean

Drago
3rd February 2008, 09:18 PM
Significant proof I couldn't pick a plum. I was feeling pretty high and mighty when the Giants had 3 points in the first quarter, but all the rest was way off-base.
After the first three quarters I just wanted the whole thing to be over, it was shaping up to be the most boring Super Bowl I'd ever seen.
But that fourth... Hoo boy, that really made up for it. What a win, what a story, and those shots of Plaxico right when it hit him and tears welled up, or Jeff Feagles telling his family to take it in... Beautiful.
Somehow, it felt like the good guys won today.

I'm sorry Junior Seau. :( Please don't retire... Also, wtf Eli as MVP? That's just as much bs as Peyton last year. The NFL loves their Mannings, I wouldn't be surprised if Archie is next year's MVP.

Ultimate Charizard
3rd February 2008, 10:46 PM
Dude, that play in the 4th earned Manning that MVP. I couldnt see anyone else on the field that individually deserved it. The Defence won the game for them but it would have been unfair to pick one guy from that effort.

It showed he wanted it when alot of QB's would have felt the tug on their shirt and closed up to take the hit.
Gotta love an underdog, just wish id had money on it lol.

Right, well now thats all done with, just in time or the new Rugby League season to kick off next weekend :D

Roy Karrde
3rd February 2008, 10:48 PM
It showed he wanted it when alot of QB's would have felt the tug on their shirt and closed up to take the hit.

Gotta agree, that play right there when he was able to get out of the sack and made the big play felt like I was watching Tony Romo play in the Super Bowl.

DarkestLight
3rd February 2008, 10:54 PM
That was a sick and ballsy move by Eli to run out of that, considering how frickin SLOW he runs x_x. But also, those 3 curcial passes he made in the latter half of the game(the final being that coveted second Touchdown pass) ..man that was the game right there.

Mr.E
3rd February 2008, 10:57 PM
Tuck for MVP imo, but Eli certainly wasn't undeserving for that game-winning drive.

UNSTOPPABLE.

ELI MANNING IS.

mario72486
3rd February 2008, 11:06 PM
This is simply a load of BS. Both teams played the sloppiest games I have ever seen. The Giants just so happened to play less sloppy. That's why they were able to pull out a win tonight.

And the only reason Eli made it as far as he did was that no one pressured him during his plays. If the defenses were playing their A-games, Eli would have been sacked or forced to throw the ball away every single time he chose to keep it with him. He simply had the opportunities handed to him on a silver platter. It happened during the Week 17 game, during the entire postseason, and tonight.

Eli getting the MVP is utter bull. It makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it, especially considering who his brother is. I don't care if he threw the game-winning TD - he doesn't deserve it. Hell, the way both teams played tonight, NO ONE deserves it. But I guess this means the family isn't going to disown him this year...

Alright, that's enough venting for one night.

Ultimate Charizard
3rd February 2008, 11:28 PM
I don't care if he threw the game-winning TD - he doesn't deserve it

What does that guy have to do to get some credit?

Seriously. Ill admit i dont watch much Football but everytime i watch him im impressed. You dont see many QB's, especially those as slow as him willing to try running the ball himself when the options arent there instead of lobbing off a wild pass and giving up interceptions.
You can tell the way he plays hes trying to prove people wrong. Anyone that says hes just 'Peytons little brother' or that hes just not that good etc.

The Giants defence worked their asses off. They proved that Brady is human. Put enough pressure on him, force him to rush etc and he screws up. The patriots are only where they are because other Defences werent able to close him down, or perhaps the Offence blocking let him down tonight. Either way the Giants took advantage and deserved it.

Perfect Chaos
3rd February 2008, 11:29 PM
Gotta agree, that play right there when he was able to get out of the sack and made the big play felt like I was watching Tony Romo play in the Super Bowl.

Too bad he's too busy crying everytime he loses to even bother getting far in the postseason.

I'm sorry, but I think Romo is overrated and that T.O. is the main reason why everyone thinks he's so good (also Glenn and Witten make Romo look good too).

-Sean

Ultimate Charizard
3rd February 2008, 11:41 PM
Too bad he's too busy crying everytime he loses to even bother getting far in the postseason.

I'm sorry, but I think Romo is overrated and that T.O. is the main reason why everyone thinks he's so good (also Glenn and Witten make Romo look good too).

-Sean

Not to start an argument but i think the same of Brady. Sure, hes good but hes not THAT gifted. Noone walked into this season predicting him to be such a dominant force. He has alot of receiving options and his Protection is good. All he has to worry about is getting the pass on target.

Drago
3rd February 2008, 11:47 PM
Whoa whoa, gotta disagree with you UC. You should've seen Brady last year, he had a bunch of absolute duds at receiver (Reche Caldwell your number one??) and he made them look good. Tonight was about the worst big game effort I've seen from him in a long time. He just never got it going... They should've run more Maroney too, he was getting some good hard running that would've slowed down the pursuit of the d-line.

Also, I agree with Mr.E, Tuck was a force out there. Just like Dominic Rhodes should've gotten MVP the year before, but neither player would've been as good a story as the Manning Valued Player. Though Eli did win me over with that McNair-like escape under incredible pressure.

mr_pikachu
4th February 2008, 12:54 AM
And the only reason Eli made it as far as he did was that no one pressured him during his plays. If the defenses were playing their A-games, Eli would have been sacked or forced to throw the ball away every single time he chose to keep it with him. He simply had the opportunities handed to him on a silver platter. It happened during the Week 17 game, during the entire postseason, and tonight.

Eli getting the MVP is utter bull. It makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it, especially considering who his brother is. I don't care if he threw the game-winning TD - he doesn't deserve it. Hell, the way both teams played tonight, NO ONE deserves it. But I guess this means the family isn't going to disown him this year...

Yeah, someone's a Pats fan. ^_^;;

How were the defenses not playing their best, if I may ask? I don't think anyone expected the winning score to be in the low 20s, much less 17 (I told my neighbor I pitied a lot of over-under gamblers), and it was 7-3 going into that dramatic 4th quarter. Sure, there were a couple of misplays at that point - most notably a few missed interceptions in the last two minutes - but that was mostly because they were exhausted by that point from the long drives. As for the people pressuring him, the play of the game was his miracle 32-yard pass to Tyree (he caught the ball against his helmet!) after making the most amazing sack escape(s) I've ever seen.

I could've seen a few people getting the MVP; Plaxico Burress (they could've given it to him just for the big TD), any member of the Giants D... but Eli deserved it too. I agree that there's a bit too much Manning love, and I hated rooting for him here (anti-Pats sentiment was just too strong), but he was an obvious choice.

They should've run more Maroney too, he was getting some good hard running that would've slowed down the pursuit of the d-line.

Well, I was rooting for the Giants, and Maroney worried me for awhile. But it seemed like they stopped running him because he starting going for anywhere between zero and -3 yards. (Of course, since Brady was getting bashed every other play and sacked five times...)

Anyway. Who else thinks Belichick's a sore loser?

(He, incidentally, underperformed even worse than the past-his-prime Tom Petty. 4th and 13? Really?)

Mr.E
4th February 2008, 01:18 AM
Peighton certainly didn't deserve it last year, but Eli was deserving it of this year even if I think Tuck was a little more deserving. Eli played a strong game. His only INT wasn't his fault at all and he didn't buckle under the pressure to take his team down the field in the last two minutes to win the game, plus "The Escape."

And Brady reminds me a lot of Aikman. Above-average during the regular season at best (aside this year) but he's very, very tough in the postseason. And while I certainly never complained about having a QB as capable as Aikman in Dallas' backfield all those years, he's not quite "all-time" material. Brady is no GOAT either.

And lol, I'm not sure Belichick was smoking when he went for it on 4th and 13. In FG range. Up by four.

Yep, Glenn made him look really good this season...

Perfect Chaos
4th February 2008, 01:28 AM
Yep, Glenn made him look really good this season...

OK, maybe putting Glenn in there was a little much (not even sure if he played that much this season, don't follow the Cowboys), but definitely T.O. and Witten

Yah, Belichick definitely showed his arrogance to another level today. In the post-game interview he gave to Fox, he barely acknowledged the game today and just said they didn't make enough plays, gave no credit whatsoever to the Giants. Classless if you ask me.

-Sean

Ultimate Charizard
4th February 2008, 02:14 AM
Well he was back in the locker oom before the game was over but tbh I lost any respect for that man when he challenged the penalty in the first half.
I mean fair enough, technically they had 12 guys on the field but the guy was like a foot off the touchline, was in no way interfering with play and Belichick even had the nerve to wait to see the result of the play before he decided to call it.

When you set out to win on minor technicalities u deserve what u get.

mr_pikachu
4th February 2008, 02:28 AM
Honestly, I don't mind the penalty thing; it's part of the game, and the Giants got careless. That's the sort of thing that should've been called by the refs in the first place, which is exactly why they have the challenge system. Belichick was obligated to take advantage of the mistake, and I can't hold it against him.

But storming out before the game is over - and showing up both the Giants and the whole event in the process - is just pathetic. No wonder players think they can get away with behaving like children when their coach pulls a stunt like that.

Roy Karrde
4th February 2008, 11:00 AM

-Sean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjplYy_zT0Y&feature=related

Thats all I have to say

Perfect Chaos
4th February 2008, 11:12 PM
Oh come on, it was against the RAMS, even Rex Grossman could've done that

DarkTemplarZero
4th February 2008, 11:13 PM
I'm debating who was the least valuable player during that super bowl, Asante Samuel or Mayweather. Both of them dropped what should have been easy game-winning interceptions on the Giants last drive. That and those idiots that had Eli and then just threw them backward so that he could throw a long pass to Tyree, who caught the ball with his fucking helmet.

Honestly, I can't find a way to pin that game on Brady. Regardless of how much the Giants defense knocked him down, he never lost his composure, and when it came down to it he lead his team down the field for a TD with a little over 2 minutes left. He might not have played his best game, but I respect him a whole lot more now then I did before. Really, the Pats defense just choked at the end.

And yeah, that 4th and 13 play was extremely stupid. It's not like their kicker is freaking Lawrence Tynes, Gostkowski's one of the best kickers in the league and he's pretty damn solid from 48 yards. Plus the Pats offense was stalling, so why give up a shot at 3 points? And seriously, I can't blame Belichick for being pissed, so much pressure to win the game and they came up short, if I were him I would be pretty damn frustrated too. Besides, he didn't get to be the best coach in the league by being nice; sportsmanship is just what happens when you get used to losing after all

Roy Karrde
4th February 2008, 11:15 PM
Oh come on, it was against the RAMS, even Rex Grossman could've done that

If Rex Grossman was god, until then only Romo and Farve could reach the near godly calibre that it requires to pull that off.

Perfect Chaos
4th February 2008, 11:19 PM
If Rex Grossman was god, until then only Romo and Farve could reach the near godly calibre that it requires to pull that off.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lppqjbC96eA&feature=related

And Eli Manning :P :P

Roy Karrde
4th February 2008, 11:25 PM
And Eli Manning :P :P

Tony Romo could have easily have done that, then again its okay, I can understand how you can pick on Tony Romo. You live in Florida and thus are envious of good teams.

Perfect Chaos
4th February 2008, 11:41 PM
Pssh, I could give a rat's ass about Florida teams. I'm quite happy that the Heat, Dolphins AND Marlins all are garbage. I was born in NJ and I'm a die-hard Giants and Mets fan

DarkTemplarZero
6th February 2008, 01:53 PM
Giants and Mets. What a tool of a New Jersey-an you are. I'll bet you lived in Newark ;)

mr_pikachu
9th February 2008, 08:30 AM
Looks like some jilted Pats fans have started a little petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/XLIItrut/petition.html)...

850 to 1 says it goes nowhere.