PDA

View Full Version : The TPM Battling League: Standard Tournament #6 (COMPLETE)

mr_pikachu
23rd January 2008, 03:16 AM
The TPM Battling League
2007-08 ~ Standard Tournament #6

Admin Approved by Chris
Commissioner: mr_pikachu

This topic is to inform participants of the TPMBL about an upcoming tournament, for competitors in the tournament to report their battle results, and for pairings and results to be announced. It is not to be used for tournament registration.

To register for this tournament, follow the instructions given at the bottom of this thread.

Tournament Information

Basic Information
Standard Tournament
Single-Battle Style
Start Date: February 1, 2008

Lineup Clauses and Limits
Level Limit: 100 (Auto-level will be used)
DS Style

Battle Clauses
Self-Destruct Clause

Tournament Limits
Maximum Players: 8
Maximum Rounds: 3
Round Duration: 3 days

Staff
Head TD: mr_pikachu

Tiebreakers
1. Solkoff
2. Cumulative
3. Median

Additional Notes
It's time for an anything-goes tournament! Any of your Pokemon may be used, and they'll all auto-limit to level 100. The only real rule is the Self-Destruct Clause: any attack that results in a double forfeit to KO both trainers' last Pokemon will result in a loss as usual, so be careful. Oh, and no sharking, because sharking ain't cool.

Get ready to rock!

Registration

To register for this tournament, send a PM (Private Message) to the Head TD with your TPMBL ID# (found in the Rules, Ratings, and Standings thread). The PM must include the following information for all of the Pokemon you will use in the tournament:

Species
Level
Gender (if none, put “Genderless”)
Ability
Hold Item (if none, put “None”)
Move #1
Move #2 (if none, put “None”)
Move #3 (if none, put “None”)
Move #4 (if none, put “None”)

Your Pokemon must be listed in the order in which they are arranged on your team.

DarkestLight
26th January 2008, 06:39 AM
Time to get PWNED :O.
And by that I mean for all of ya to PWN me :O! COME GET SOME!

..Sending in a min...

Dark-San
26th January 2008, 10:36 AM
I would be participating on this one. I will send you my team list through pm now.

And also before reality hijacks me again, if you do need help on the tournament running, give me a pm too and I will be more than willing to help.

mr_pikachu
31st January 2008, 12:52 AM
Just 23 hours left to register! C'mon, don't be scared of those big, bad Lv. 100 Pokemon. Sign up and take the challenge!

DarkestLight
31st January 2008, 05:03 PM
>> My team IZ READY

6 DITTO! Transform which has been learned through 8 chain breeding, cuZ I am teh leetnezz!!

PHEER MEH!

mr_pikachu
1st February 2008, 05:58 AM
Let's get this party started!

ROUND 1

1. DarkSan (Dark-San) . . . . . VS . Hikari Meoru (DarkestLight)
2. Fai-chan (Fai D. Flowright). . . .BYE . . . . . . . . . . . .

Remember, you have three days to finish each round...

Note: Due to a clerical error, this tournament was initially identified as Standard Tournament #5. It should be Standard Tournament #6. This error has now been fixed.

DarkestLight
1st February 2008, 04:21 PM
O sweet Ima get pwned 2 times...

o wait no once. Once :D

Fai D. Flowright
1st February 2008, 06:27 PM
Uhhhhh....*kick-pokes mr_pikachu* Yeah... How did I get on that list? I didn't even send you a team! XD And...I think I said in my last message to you to count me out...

Anyway, I'm not participating. ^^;

DarkestLight
1st February 2008, 06:54 PM
NOOO FAI! PARTICIPATEEE!!

Fai D. Flowright
1st February 2008, 07:19 PM
No, I don't even have a worthwhile team to use. Sorry.

Dark-San
2nd February 2008, 04:48 AM
And in any case Darkestlight, please kindly read your pms. I had send two private messages expecting a return on your time availability.

I like to have this battle done and over with. Thanks. ^.^

DarkestLight
2nd February 2008, 04:53 AM
Dude, I see you are on, and stayed up till now to battle you xD.

DarkestLight
2nd February 2008, 05:31 AM
So I lost. Hypnosis sucks as always >> Good battle though.

mr_pikachu
2nd February 2008, 09:51 AM
Agh! Forgot that Fai's PMs about the tournament didn't include a registration for the tournament...

At any rate, this is how things stand after the first round:

ROUND 2

1. Hikari Meoru (DarkestLight). VS . DarkSan (Dark-San)

STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 1

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . RD 1 . . . TOTAL
1 . DarkSan (Dark-San). . . . . W2 . . . . 1.0
2 . Hikari Meoru (DarkestLight) L1 . . . . 0.0

Since there are only two of you, you may choose to complete both of your remaining two battles at once and report each of them in order to save time. It is your choice, however, so we will hold one round at a time if either competitor objects.

Good luck!

DarkestLight
2nd February 2008, 12:33 PM
Uhh hold on. >> So its best out of three? Ok that's well, suprising :o. Ok Dark. Ready to pound me twice more?

mr_pikachu
2nd February 2008, 01:30 PM
There were going to be a maximum of three rounds; had there been a third competitor, each of you would have battled the other two twice in a round-robin format. (The same thing would have happen with four battlers, but there would have been no byes.) Since there are only two of you, it's head-to-head for those three rounds.

DarkestLight
2nd February 2008, 02:25 PM
Ok Heres the deal

Second round, I won it-amazingly enough. Think Dark felt sorry for me and let me win, though he won't say that ¬¬...

Thrid round-we were in the midst of a heated battle, until there was a blue screen in the midst of me selecting the move that was going to axe his 5th pokemon. (I was on #3) :o. It cut our gaming session, and at that time, I was on a course for victory, Dark will attest to this. But then we had a rematch

I lost the rematch, so in lieu of that, Dark won 2, and I won 1 so Dark wins this Tourney :O.

And for the record, certain stat moves now officially suck, lol.

mr_pikachu
2nd February 2008, 02:41 PM
FINAL STANDINGS

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . RD 1 . .RD 2 . .RD 3 . . . TOTAL
1 . DarkSan (Dark-San). . . . . W2 . . .L2 . . .W2 . . . . 2.0
2 . Hikari Meoru (DarkestLight) L1 . . .W1 . . .L1 . . . . 1.0

Very good battling by both of you, and congratulations to DarkSan for his victory! I hope to see you two again in the next TPMBL tournament!