PDA

View Full Version : Emerging Forces (sign up)

Ultimate Charizard
7th February 2008, 08:59 PM
Its been a while but im back. Now lets see if we cant kick start this forum with some fun and imagination :)

Emerging Forces!

"Are you sure about this?" a young woman asked as she crossed a dusty worn floor, approaching a wizened old man hunched over a table. The old man looked up and nodded with Sadness.
"The feral activity grows stronger with each day Sakea" he sighed. "Their gods are putting their plans into motion. You know as well as I that something must be done"
She nodded slowly. "I just wish i had your faith. Surely the military would be the wisest choice instead of relying on some ancient hocus-poc..." the sentence was cut off abrubtly as the frail old man suddenly moved, faster than it would seem possible. The gnarled walking stick he used for support whipping her legs out and she grunted in pain as she hit the hard floor.
"Sorry" she said as she returned to her feet. The same sad smile had never left his features. "Please grand daughter,.." he said softly "..ive tried to teach u more respect than that"

They walked to the door of the small building and emerged into the dull glow of pre-dawn light and into the grounds of their home. An old Oriental shrine built into a mountainside, the forest growing wild around it. At the foot of the mountain, and beyond the river stood a large city.
"The military are indeed a powerfull force, at least in the physical realm" the old man continued as he sat to enjoy the sunrise. "But they know nothing of what the world now faces"

"Have they been identified?" asked Sakea.
"Not yet" smiled the old man. "the forces at work here are primal in nature. When the time is right the correct few will be chosen"
Sakea nodded as the sun finally cleared the horizon, rising into the air imperceptibly slowly. "When is the time?" she asked.
"Today" replied her Grandfather. "I shall prepare the ceremony, and at Noon, we will meet our saviours".
-------

Initially i plan this for myself and 5 others though more will be added if theres demand. I will be taking the role of Sakea (as she knows whats going on and will act as guide etc for everyone else) and yes the plot (and some of the details to follow) will make it sound a bit 'power-rangery' though i plan for it to be much darker.
You will basically start this RPG explaining yourself up untill midday upon which you will find yourself teleported (along with a number of other people) outside a strange old Oriental style shrine. Its set in the modern day but will include magic/sorcery so your initial reactions should be similar to ur real reaction if someone told you magic was real etc. Im going to be keeping details light as its all going to be explained by my char in the opening posts. The only thing you need to pick right now is your element and an item you hold dear.

Elements of choice (again these can be added to though not all need to be taken). Im posting a general idea of what this class can do though i will allow you to stretch things with your imagination. You will also be assigned weapons and also what will be called a spirit guide, taking the shape of an animal based on that element. I will decide these though suggestions are welcome. Dont take for granted that Wind will be a bird etc.

Fire
Damage spells but also some shields and even healing (Fire burning away dead ground for new life to grow etc.
Water
Same as fire but also has a kinship and understanding of aquatic life. Kinda like communicating but more instinctual.
Wind
Some damaging spells, some minor weather control. Possible fligh and travel abilities, kinship with birds
Nature
Healing and plant based spells. Control over vines etc and kinship with forest animals.
Thunder
Electricity based spells, minor weather control, Speed increase spells etc.
Heavens
Power of Illusion, shape shifting and possibly mind control
Ground
Spells to have control over the earth but also other natural minerals such as metals etc. Good defensive style.

Form
-----
Name:
Age: (Keep it between 16/24 ish, exceptions may be made)
Looks:
Personality:
Background:
Element: (from the list above)
Item: (the thing that has a meaning for you)

Ultimate Charizard
8th February 2008, 12:30 PM
Well no interest so far, guess i should probably get my own sign up here.

Form
-----
Name: Sakea
Looks: Like This (http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4664/p2wm0.jpg). (Im being lazy)
Personality:
A little quiet, perhaps overly serious for her age but has a great respect and patience for things most modern people would find tedious. Is unsure around people she doesnt know but trusts quickly.
Background:
Lives alone with her Grandfather after she was orphaned. Since he is an old fashioned type she was raised with older values. More nature less polution etc. Shes not a hippy as such and enjoys attending school in the city but has always preffered being out in the forest and could easily survive without technology.
Since she was 10 she has been raised with the knowledge of ferals (will be explained) and taught of the forces of magic though she never showed much of an affinity for it.
Element: Ill take Fire since noone snagged it yet.
Item: A Small wristband that was apparently her mothers.