PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Backlot's Doors

Toxicity
13th February 2008, 12:31 PM
(Alex, feel free to move this if you don't think this belongs in GD)

In Diamond and Pearl, the Pokemon Mansion has two doors guarded at all times by maids. So, I ask you this: what are your crazy ideas about what's behind the doors?

Personally, I think there's large bill piles much like Scrooge McDuck's money pile proving that he's not really that rich. Hiding from the Pokemon World's equivalent of the IRS, maybe?

Jeff
13th February 2008, 01:08 PM
I actually made a post about this over at Bulbagarden a while back, here it is:
Edit: this was back when everyone thought there was some secret hidden behind those doors.

Also, do any of you know what touching the statue in the room with the mansion owner is supposed to do? For some reason you can only touch it really early in the morning, but if you do, nothing special seems to happen.

Here's what you do: Keep touching the statue until the guard yells at you and calls in for backup, the backup will be the two maids guarding the side doors, so now you can go through them! The one on the left leads to Bill's backyard where you can catch all twelve starters. If you go inside Bill's house he will just send you back to Sinnoh since Kanto isn't supposed to be in this game, but if you go there with a Venusaur and Blastoise in your party he'll put them in his teleportation machine and combine them into Venustoise which he'll give to you! If you go back into his house with Venustoise in your party he'll take you to the Unknown Dungeon where you can catch Mewtwo. After you catch Mewtwo you can keep going back, but instead of Mewtwo, you'll find Missingno. and when you catch it it will be holding the stone that evolves all the final evolutions of the starters! The door on the right goes to a small field with one house. Inside is a guy who wants you to trade him a Raichu for his Electrode. Do the trade and he'll tell you Raichu went away and evolved! To get the evolved form of Raichu (known as Godchu) go to the guy you traded Raichu to and make sure you have a Lv 100 Staraptor in your party. He'll fly you to an island in Vermilion Harbor where you can catch Godchu. Surf north until you get to land and you'll see a truck, use strength on it and you'll battle Mew. Catch Mew and it will be holding the Three Stone, use the Three Stone on Mewtwo to evolve it into Mewthree! Now, if you have done all that, go and beat the elite four 100 times with Mewthree, Venustoise, and Godchu in your party, afterwards, Professor Oak will show up and give you, you guessed it, Togepi!!! Oh, but don't go back in the mansion afterwards or Mr. Backlot will zap you with a bolt of lightning and you'll lose all your hearts, oh wait wrong game...

OK, maybe not, but it was still fun coming up with that :P

Basically all that stuff is just thrown in to make players speculate, and people with too much free time on their hands come up with stuff like that.

Another theory goes like this:
Backlot: Today I see cute little Eevee in my Trophy Garden.
Butler: **Whisper**
Backlot: What!? *whispers: Um... go to the side room and get them.
Butler: Yes, right away sir.
Backlot: Yes, lots of cute little Eevee in the Trophy Garden!

Starry Might
13th February 2008, 02:13 PM
I actually made a post about this over at Bulbagarden a while back, here it is:
Edit: this was back when everyone thought there was some secret hidden behind those doors.

Also, do any of you know what touching the statue in the room with the mansion owner is supposed to do? For some reason you can only touch it really early in the morning, but if you do, nothing special seems to happen.Here's what you do: Keep touching the statue until the guard yells at you and calls in for backup, the backup will be the two maids guarding the side doors, so now you can go through them! The one on the left leads to Bill's backyard where you can catch all twelve starters. If you go inside Bill's house he will just send you back to Sinnoh since Kanto isn't supposed to be in this game, but if you go there with a Venusaur and Blastoise in your party he'll put them in his teleportation machine and combine them into Venustoise which he'll give to you! If you go back into his house with Venustoise in your party he'll take you to the Unknown Dungeon where you can catch Mewtwo. After you catch Mewtwo you can keep going back, but instead of Mewtwo, you'll find Missingno. and when you catch it it will be holding the stone that evolves all the final evolutions of the starters! The door on the right goes to a small field with one house. Inside is a guy who wants you to trade him a Raichu for his Electrode. Do the trade and he'll tell you Raichu went away and evolved! To get the evolved form of Raichu (known as Godchu) go to the guy you traded Raichu to and make sure you have a Lv 100 Staraptor in your party. He'll fly you to an island in Vermilion Harbor where you can catch Godchu. Surf north until you get to land and you'll see a truck, use strength on it and you'll battle Mew. Catch Mew and it will be holding the Three Stone, use the Three Stone on Mewtwo to evolve it into Mewthree! Now, if you have done all that, go and beat the elite four 100 times with Mewthree, Venustoise, and Godchu in your party, afterwards, Professor Oak will show up and give you, you guessed it, Togepi!!! Oh, but don't go back in the mansion afterwards or Mr. Backlot will zap you with a bolt of lightning and you'll lose all your hearts, oh wait wrong game...

OK, maybe not, but it was still fun coming up with that :P

Basically all that stuff is just thrown in to make players speculate, and people with too much free time on their hands come up with stuff like that.
:lol:

*DING DING DING*

WE HAVE A WINNER!

Anyways, Toxicity, I haven't given too much thought to that subject, myself, though I do like your bill payment evasion theory and Jeff's "that's-where-the-Pokemon-in-the-Trophy-Garden-come-from" theory, too. :D

AdventureSerum
13th February 2008, 06:52 PM
Well, the mundane answer is probably that the designers knew that they had to make the mansion seem big inside, but didn't want to make a huge expanse of pointless space that serves no purpose. I sure hope there's something more mysterious behind it!

Come to think of it, with a name like Mr. Backlot... Hmmm, maybe I'd rather not know what's behind those doors...

kalad1
13th February 2008, 07:36 PM
why, behind door no. 1, you've got a lot of yiffing fursuiters.

Behind door no.2 is an energy beam that will shoot out of your DS and turn you into a pokegirl!

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
14th February 2008, 04:45 AM
AdventureSerum's "idea" is pretty much my own. How better can you make a house seem real big (and it is compared to all the other shacks you see in the game) than putting a door or a stairway somewhere that you just aren't allowed to enter or walk up. And it's the same here I bet.

I leave the insinuating or suspicious ideas to others. ^^

sunleekai
5th January 2009, 07:20 PM
actually there is really nothing behind the doors i used the wall hack (action replay) and its like when ure about to exit somebodies house.(the arrow pointin out) but the game wont let u go thru.

Jeff
5th January 2009, 07:36 PM
We knew that, this was just us speculating on what could be behind them. Anyway this thread's old, and bringing old threads back up is generally frowned upon.