PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Mono-Challenge Question?

DaBlackBandit
16th March 2008, 04:46 PM
I was going to start a Mono-challenge in G/S/C, what's a good one to start. I wanted to do a Dark Challenge, but I would only have my Starter and Umbreon would be my only dark type. Then I would get Sneasel, but the Ice Cave. And Houndour and Murkrow come after I beat the Elite 4 for the first time. There would be no way to get Tyranitar, it would just take too long to evolve, it wouldn't reach the level's my other Pokes would have. Well, atleast Umbreon would be a REALLY high level, and Sneasel would next, and Murkrow and Houndoom would come in 2nd to last

I wanted to do an Ice Challenge. But that's another hard on.

What kind challenge do you I should do? Also, I will be doing this is in my Crystal Version, so will I have to look for Pokes in other places?

Poryhedron
16th March 2008, 08:32 PM
Well, let's see...

There were several monotype challenges that were started, but never finished. Thus, there are only five types that nobody ever tried, but there are also only five types that anyone ever completed (bear in mind I'm strictly talking about Monotypes recorded in the challenge thread.)

Types that haven't been tried are Dark, Dragon, Fighting, Flying and Ghost. Dark is problematic for the reasons listed above, Ghost is problematic because there are only two families of Ghost-types, and Dragon is problematic for both reasons...however, upon reading through the challenge thread I discovered that using Game Shark is actually allowed in GSC MTCs, just for getting monotype battlers at the start of the game. So you could Shark up a Dark-type or two, or a Misdreavus or a Dratini. On the other hand, Flying would be easy to get started with Pidgey and Hoothoot both in Route 29. Fighting...might be a problem, but again, you can Game Shark a Machop or something.

The only five types that were ever actually cleared are Fire, Ice, Normal, Steel and Water. It should be noted that the Ice MTC was started by Game Sharking in Seel and Swinub, and the Fire challenge was cleared with the help of Ho-Oh before the thread host specified that Legends weren't allowed.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
17th March 2008, 03:23 PM
Not sharking, but linking actually, for the Ice-challenge that is.