PDA

View Full Version : Rate Your Life

Drago
17th March 2008, 07:59 AM
It's simple, really. How would you rate your life right now? Is everything going nicely? Are things not so great? What's happening to you right now, and what are you gonna do about it?

Frankly, I just feel high as a kite right now, high on life, having kicked things into the high gear for the first time in all my existence, having a sense of direction and drive that I don't remember ever feeling. So I thought I'd see how everyone else is feeling, and maybe how their condition improves or worsens.

So it's simple. Give us the date, and how you'd rate your life right now (out of 10). Throw in individual rankings like fulfilment or fun if you like. Update it when you feel like something has really changed for you. Offer your support to the people who are down, and lend praise to the ones who are up. Let's live, TPM.

Monday, 17 March 2008 - life rating of 9
What can I say? As I already insinuated, I've really got my life going in the right direction now. Thanks to some steady prodding from my girlfriend, I've finally started to take steps towards actually living my life, and thanks to my new job, I've got a steady source of income, and big plans for what to do with that money. This grand feeling I've got was pretty well highlighted over this last weekend. Saturday night I filled in a shift for someone else, working 6pm-2am. Sunday I worked 6pm-12am (and served that little Corey Delaney dingus in the process, camera crew and all) and then headed to the abode of the director of my last play (with my girlfriend's uni), where we all got royally smashed and I got one hour of sleep, before waking up at 6am and starting my day.
So as you can appreciate, I intended to just have a recharge day today (no uni on Mondays), when at 12:30 pm my manager calls and tells me I'm half an hour late for work. OH SNAP. Reminder to always double-check the roster to make sure you know what the hell you're doing. So thanks to the miserable train system, I end up getting there two hours late, no doubt reeking of liquor and my eyes and legs drained from two straight nights of work and only one hour of sleep since partying hardy. Fortunately, my manager was all cool about it and I got through the shift with no issues.

What am I getting at with all this? My life is fun, and rewarding. I'm earning my keep, getting together a pretty good sum of money for my ever-approaching future and getting through uni along the way. Life is good!

Blademaster
17th March 2008, 10:28 AM
-Infinity^Infinity/10

firepokemon
17th March 2008, 09:29 PM
Yay well my bf said something funny so I am now a 10.

Zak
17th March 2008, 10:05 PM
Watch this thread turn into a blog space.

Drago
18th March 2008, 01:15 AM
I wholeheartedly support actual replies. One day in and I already want this to die.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
18th March 2008, 05:20 AM
I shall reply in a boring way.

"TPM should never be on your good list." said RedStarWarrior, but my life has got better and better because I enjoy TPM. What comes to sleeping problems, I have noticed I doesn't depend on what I do during the day, although some 'outsiders' might disagree.

I also enjoy playing videogames such as Final Fantasy VIII and making music with The Music Creation For Playstation. And then I draw pictures of girls and also some comics.

I have found new crushes that have made me forget avout my desperate one-sided loves I had in the past. Now I just have desperate one-sided crushes instead of desperate one-sided loves!

My Japanese curse was a success too.

10/10

Dark-San
19th March 2008, 11:48 AM
If you are talking about life as in general, I pretty much give myself an average rating. Perhaps the rating around 6 would suit me just nice. I am in my last semester in university and would be heading out to make my mark in working life. Results is not that ideal and worse of all, I have been trying to forget that horrid 14/2. >.<; Life is pretty stale for me at the moment. The only things that could be much interest of me would be the next anime release season and also me getting a girlfriend.

As for today, it is more boring than usual. I finished up with my portion of assignment and spend the rest of the day catching up with the daily release of anime and also lingering around viwawa.com. If I would to give a rating, it would deserve a mere 2.

Little_Pikachu
19th March 2008, 12:15 PM
Right now, I'm totally indifferent. Got home from work, so that's good, half day tomorrow then long easter weekend, nice. But then there's the fact that I don't enjoy my job but I still have to go back to it or I'm never going to progress with my life due to lack of money, not that I have any ambitions at the moment anyway except for maybe doing Through Fire and Flames on expert on Guitar Hero 3, how great is that for life? bitch bitch whinge whinge..

Meh, I'll go with 5 right now, straight down the middle because I don't really care either way today.

firepokemon
19th March 2008, 03:39 PM
Right now, I'm totally indifferent. Got home from work, so that's good, half day tomorrow then long easter weekend, nice. But then there's the fact that I don't enjoy my job but I still have to go back to it or I'm never going to progress with my life due to lack of money, not that I have any ambitions at the moment anyway except for maybe doing Through Fire and Flames on expert on Guitar Hero 3, how great is that for life? bitch bitch whinge whinge..

Meh, I'll go with 5 right now, straight down the middle because I don't really care either way today.

Why did I think you were dead?

Vejodi
20th March 2008, 10:52 AM
Second year uni is better than last year, I'm enjoying what I'm being taught so much more. Still, my study skills suck. The Easter weekend/10 day study break began today so I'm home. It's good to see my dad. :)

I've lost 12kg since January which is pretty sweet, and I've still been able to drink (hardly as much as what I used to).

Suzie mentioned Guitar Hero III and I feel I have to as well. I'm so fucking addicted. But seriously, how are you able to do Through Fire and Flames on expert? I have trouble doing Dragonforce on hard. On the plus side, I'm up to about set 5 on expert.

Oh, and I'm listening to A Perfect Circle - The Noose.

But I'm up until 3am, which is fucking stupid.

I'd give my life right now about a 7, merely because I just got a New Comment on MySpace.

paper aeroplane
21st March 2008, 05:37 AM
1 because I'm fat.

LOL

Katie
22nd March 2008, 05:05 PM
Bad:
-As of today my life sucks. I have 4 tests, a "skills test" (yay badminton kinesiology course), a quiz, 2 week long homework assignments, and a lab all next week. Stress = sucks.
-I can't go home for Easter for the second year in a row because my stupid hardest class scheduled their test the day after Easter and I don't have time for two 4 hour road trips.
-My bf's mad at me 8(

Good:
-I just signed my lease for a room in a condo with some awesome girls for the next 2 years! I've been living in a 14x11ft dorm room with another person, and now I'm going to have my own room, own bathroom, a kitchen, living room, laundry room, and pool for only $20 more per month. I'm also allowed to have small pets. Fucking win.
-I spent $16.36 on a dress, purse, and flower for my outfit for the dance my dorm's hosting next week. Already had the shoes. <3 bargains.

So I'll stick it at about a 6/10. See me on Friday and it should be up to a 9/10 :)

Crystal Mew
23rd March 2008, 09:47 AM
Well atm my life is kinda sucky. I was in a car accident last october and I totaled my car...and unforunately my family only has one car now and there wasnt a way for me to get to school so I had to sit this semester out :( I cant afford a car payment, or the high insurance with the shitty retail job I have, so that was out of the question...

I need a better job anyways because the one I have wont schedule people hours.
But I should be getting my settlement money soon, hopefully I'll be able to get a car and go back to school next semester :)

life: 6/10

Toxicity
23rd March 2008, 11:40 AM
As of March 23rd, 2008...

Not-so-good:
- On the note of Guitar Hero III, my controller has been dead since Christmas; I've yet to give it to the person who is willing to repair it for free
- Parents have started being emotionally cruel to me again recently; I've yet to figure out why
- Lack of money; struggling to find a new job and family hasn't seen a need to support me
- Insurance won't cover any sort of counseling or medication, given I decide to go that route of treatment again
- Have been sick on and off
- Contemplating dropping out just because it adds to other stress
- Best friend has been avoiding talking to me for the past few days; then I realize he had/is having a rough breakup with his girlfriend
- I'm probably too nice for being concerned about him
- I'll be going back on birth control after my doctor's appointment this week to help with severe hormone imbalance... but birth control has been known to add to the imbalance

Good:
- Significant weight loss; primarily due to constant illness
- Somehow managed to pull off straight A's for the midterm
- Video games have provided some escape in my free time
- Might be visiting my best friend during spring break
- I'm still alive

I'd personally give it about a 5/10; it's not great, but I know it could be a lot worse.

Little_Pikachu
23rd March 2008, 04:32 PM
Why did I think you were dead?

Because you were wishing for it so hard?

Clark
23rd March 2008, 05:58 PM
Other than a very bad spending habit that I'm cutting as of today because all of my credit cards are maxed now, my life is fine. 8/10 because -1 for no gf, and -1 for no alcohol.

Heald
23rd March 2008, 06:38 PM
Do you know what is better than breaking up with your hot girlfriend so you can fuck your mate's hot sister? Hot girlfriend getting back with you for hot make-up sex.

9/10

-1 because I think I actually have an STD, but only -1 because I probably deserve it.

firepokemon
27th March 2008, 10:16 PM
LP - Meh I thought you deleted yourself. But you must have been hacked. I use to wish you were dead.

Meh. I feel shitty today now. I need meaningful things in my life. LOL.

DarkTemplarZero
28th March 2008, 02:02 AM
Heald, +12 points. You win. Could only be better if you got with the girl's sister too.

I'd go 8/10. -1 for horrible games of beer pong, -1 for a shortage of ass over the last couple months. On the plus side, some venture capitalists are showing support for a business idea that me and a friend of mine came up with, so if it pans out I'll be making a shitload of money this summer instead of my last summer's job, programming for a token $12/hr, intern's salary, while getting more done than the full-time programmers.

AntiAsh Superstar
18th April 2008, 02:04 PM
10/10... doing well on me coursework, got into gear with me webcomic, found a lot of awesome bands on t'interwebs and am happily reminding myself why I like racing games with Mario Kart Wii.

firepokemon
18th April 2008, 02:35 PM
^ Must be good to be you.

I am feeling completely like tired right now as I have not been to sleep. Lying in back since about 1.40am to 6 something am is not a great feeling. I wanted to go to sleep. However, its always strange in that getting up somehow refreshes one mind, I mean sure everything is a bit slow but you like feel intelligence. Or maybe I am just being weird.

I will rate my life at the moment a 6. It has its good and bad, I am feeling slow and will ultimate be one moody thing later but right now I feel quite good. Although the daylight is just seeping in, so I am currently cold so I'll drop to a five.

Magmar
19th April 2008, 04:35 PM
10/10! I got hired as Resident Assistant for Thorp Hall for senior year!!! I also was hired as a freshman orientation counselor!! Yay me