PDA

View Full Version : Did toxic get an upgrade?

Darkchampion
9th April 2003, 05:35 PM
In RBY and GSC the effect of toxic was removed when a pokemon switched out and instead became basic poison, making it only moderately effective and only really useful when combined with mean look.

When I battled a friend today, he used toxic on my Latias who I then switched out. But when I switched back in, I saw that the poison damage was not staying at the constant 1/16 hp per turn and was increasing (in standard toxic fashion).

It appears that if you switch out and then back in, the toxic effect is not lost. Instead, it restarts as if it were just used (starting at 1/16 hp damage and moving up from there). This change greatly helps toxic/spikes teams. If they don't switch, toxic gets them, and if they do, spikes gets them.

Now I cant wait for the unobtainables to become obtainable so that I can build my spikes/storm/toxic team :yes:

VaporousPhoenix
9th April 2003, 05:38 PM
You already can though, Cacturne, Glalie, Skarmory, all are capable of Learning Spikes, Sandstorm/Hail, and Toxic. I like the SPiking Storming Toxicig Glalie best though. Ice Beam, Spikes, Hail, and Toxic. Although Skarmory can learn Roar and spikes.

Darkchampion
9th April 2003, 05:46 PM
True I can make a spikes/storm/toxic team without the unobtainable pokemon but my design is essentially built around Tyranitar (Sand Stream owns) and Quagsire.

I'll just settle with my current team and wait :)