PDA

View Full Version : Happy birthday pokemasters - Eight years today

firepokemon
24th March 2008, 07:05 AM
Happy Birthday pokemasters eight years today. Well done. Many stories will be told. I will tell mine tomorrow.

-----

and you thought it was going to be long?

Vejodi
24th March 2008, 07:26 AM
and you thought it was going to be long?

That's what he said.

But seriously, happy 8th birthday!

firepokemon
24th March 2008, 07:28 AM
I came into writers block but theres lots of threads anyway like tpm memories and stuff. So bleh.

Vejodi
24th March 2008, 07:30 AM
I think most of us know TPM's history by now.

firepokemon
24th March 2008, 07:35 AM
I wasn't even going to do a tpm history. I cant remember half of it anymore.

Dark Scizor
24th March 2008, 08:28 AM
I think most of us know TPM's history by now.
But it's nice that the site is still around, and we have that group on facebook.

Little_Pikachu
24th March 2008, 07:23 PM
Happy birthday TPM! <3

Knight of Time
24th March 2008, 07:57 PM
8 years, wow, I can't believe how far TPM has come these days, happy birthday TPM!

woz
24th March 2008, 08:19 PM
zzz

firepokemon
24th March 2008, 08:20 PM
zzz

Hello Christian_Whalley how are you today 6feet 7inches man.

Clark
24th March 2008, 09:00 PM
yay.

Toxicity
24th March 2008, 10:04 PM
TPM is still quite the loli. That explains the mass of immaturity...

Only joking; love you guys. Happy Birthday, TPM! <3

Shadow Wolf
24th March 2008, 10:13 PM
*appears*

Happy Birthday TPM!

*disappears*

CuteLassJigglypuff
24th March 2008, 10:49 PM
Happy 8th birthday TPM! :)

Jeff
24th March 2008, 11:02 PM
We do have a birthday thread... :P

So wow, I've been here for almost half of TPM's history now (I joined in 2004, but it was late 2004). Anyway, :birthday:

Crystal Mew
25th March 2008, 01:29 AM
happy birthday tpm!!!

I joined in 2001, but lurked around probably in 2000. I remember there was a period of time that you couldnt register, I was sad lol

Zak
25th March 2008, 01:33 AM
Happy 8th!

darktyranitar
25th March 2008, 01:42 AM
Happy 8th birthday, TPM! :birthday: [/lazy for long words]

Charles Legend
25th March 2008, 02:02 AM
Look at what I found...

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/pokeglitch62_files/banner.jpg

The PokéMasters forums, TPM (also refers to the main site), or TPMf, is currently the only active part of the PokéMasters website.

The forums were started in March 2000 by Pokemaster Kevin and became an instant hit among the Pokémon Community. However, over time, this overactivity led to the ultimate demise of the original forums and they were moved to an ezboard in 2002.

TPM still exists (now as a vBulletin board) and is still frequented by past members and new members alike.

History
Here is an overview of significant events in TPM history.

The site opened.
The UBB and the chat opened, with PMK (Pokemaster Kevin) and PokeMaster Ben as the main admins.
Addition of Hyrulian_Genius (kurai) and LuGiA007 (kainashi) as admins.
The website was originally situated at thepokemasters.com (With a .net site originally added for the forums). The change to pokemasters.com and later to .net was due to a domain name ownership complication with the original hosts of The PokéMasters web site and forums, VGF.
The Trading forum was deleted, and ASB (Anime Style Battling) was created. ASB still remains a popular game on TPM. ASB was started by Ditto_Pokefreak.
PCG (Polls, Clubs, and Games) was created, and nearly deleted. Shazza became moderator and made some changes, and PCG became a popular forum.
PokeChamp becomes administrator.
The Shippers branch (a club/fad that ranged through a few Pokémon forums, which is better explained in the Shipping article) came to TPM, and a forum was created.
LuGiA007 disappeared off the net for months into the unknown, and is de-adminned for inactivity by the time he returns. He adopted grumpy attitude on TPM for a while, but a lot of people didn't care because of his better reputation. This causes some former fans to become enimies.
Shortly after, Little_Pikachu (L_P) is adminned, and people start a rumor about her and Kevin (which has actually been going on since before she was an admin).
PCG undergoes a series of spam issues, which are taken care of by getting rid of a lot of the population in the process. At one point, Pokemaster Kevin had set the PCG forum to have cans of spam float above the forum, as a reminder not to spam.
People notice the Shippers prom being spammy. An epic fight breaks out in shippers, where both sides make idiots of themselves. As a result, the forum gets closed, and the TPM Shippers branch is dead. Some Shippers are still scattered around TPM for other purposes, but a majority left.
Server shuts down in the summer of 2002, TPM goes to ezboard. A lot of people think all hope is lost for TPM, and people start leaving. kurai/Hyrulian_Genius quits in the process as well, supposedly because of school. Many people are unsure if that is true and think it was because of the ezboard.
Given the unpopularity of the board, Soo (Bugsy, now Kirei) starts an AIM chat called "ummmm" which was originally intended just for fun, or one day, but people start coming there often, it spreads, and later becomes TPM's unofficial AIM chat.
Kevin sets up a vB, which happened to be a backup of the UBB. Everyone had their names back, and postcounts; the only problem was lack of a name change feature, but many members got used to it. A lot of members lost during the ezboard switch returned to the new board.
Some months later, Zak, Damian Silverblade, Murgatroyd and a few others organize a proposition to Kevin to bring back Shippers (No proms or similar activities allowed). It is successfully brought back, but Little_Pikachu (the only current admin at the time) doesn't approve. An argument breaks out between a few people, and she gets de-adminned in the process. Shipping stays alive for a few months, more members return, but they realize the shipping community on TPM had changed forever, so they agreed to let it die on TPM while being on other forums. L_P was re-adminned by the time the Shipping board died.
A bit later Ledian_X, a person with an unpopular reputation as a moderator in Miscellaneous quits. That has a huge impact on a lot of TPMers, some are ecstatic, some are sad, some are too shocked to say a word. That thread is deemed historic by a few people.
A few months later, L_P, being the only admin, and having trouble getting a hold of Kevin, adds four global moderators (as we say, supermods). Chris (from the help forum), OzAndrew (from Fanfic), Zak (from Pokémon Anime), and Lady Vulpix (from PCG). Zak loses his position for three months for opening a topic.
The board is upgraded to vB 3.
Chris becomes an admin.
In June of 2005, TPM's server shut down and the site had to move to a new server.
In July of 2005, TPM's forums reopened using Simple Machines Forum (SMF) as its new forum software.
November 22, 2006 - TPM changed its forum software back to vBulletin due to security reasons.

Administrators and Moderators
Here is a list of the past and present administrators and moderators of TPM's forums. The members denoted in bold are the current staff.

Administrators: PokeMaster Kevin , Little_Pikachu, Chris, gsnetworks, kurai, kainashi, PokeMaster Chris, PokeMaster Ben, PokeChamp, Dodrio
Super Moderators: Lady Vulpix, Zak, Chris, Andrew
[LIST=1]
General Discussion: Antiash Superstar, Austrian ViceMaster Alex, Jay Umbreon, Chris the Sandslash, Azura Stardust, Magmar, Onix11, Lugia, Woz, Raichu
Miscellaneous Stuff: Kris, RedStarWarrior, Little_Pikachu, Raven Adonis, Kirei, Kris, GreenShirT, firepokemon, Too Cool Scyther, Ledian_X, Damian Silverblade, The Arbiter, Ninetales3001, PokeMaster Misty, ThunderTheTalkingRaichu, Reeb, kurai, The Rusted One, Silver_Espeon, kainashi, PokeChamp
Help/The Binary District: Chris, shazza, Little_Pikachu, kainashi, Aipom Of Doom, Cyndaquil7
The Pokédex Project: sgator

Advanced Generation Diamond, Pearl and D/P Team-Rating: mr_pikachu, Number1ChanseyFan

Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald and R/S/FR/LG Team-Rating: mr_pikachu, Number1ChanseyFan, Sir Chris, The Muffin Man, Ultimate Charizard, Gligar_Man, Madelyn151, MetalScyther, Damian Silverblade, Dienamight, Azura Stardust, Vaporeon911

Classic Generation Gold, Silver and Crystal/Gold, Silver and Crystal Help: Mr.E, SupremeChampion, Sir Chris, Strider, Dienamight, Quicksilver, Green_Pikachu, Little_Pikachu, kurai, Number1ChanseyFan, waynetheman, heh_man, Madelyn, Blaze, Silver_Clefairy, Denryuu72

Red, Blue and Yellow: RaZoR LeAf, Charizard04621, SageOfLaughter, woz, SilverSuicune, The Muffin Man, Ishdul, GodofGaming, Mr. E, Tron, Ditto_Pokefreak

Other Pokémon Games: Razola, Dienamight, Vaporeon911, Sir Chris

Stadium: Dodrio, Raven Adonis

Trading Card Games: Roarkiller, Alec Trevelyan, Water Pokemon Master, Clicky Pen, kurai's servant, Zombie, Draggy, Dean, Ninetales3001, Jolteon999, DewGONG, Pikatogepi, PikaOhki, Gyro

Video Games: kurai, Metallix, Lezta, PNT510, Razola, red13n, tron, ChronoDugtrio

Pokemon Anime and Manga: Zak, Aglandiir, Animelee, Craig, Misty, AKA Pokemon Fan, Calaveron, Kasumi/Windforce, Hanada Tattsu, Murgatroyd, Mew26, MistyKasumiWaterflower, Machamp, Ditto_Pokefreak

Shipping (which no longer exists on TPM): Misty, Archaic, Kaz-Ohki, Murgatroyd, Zak

Other Anime and Manga:EVme15, Last Exile, Dark-San Mewtwo-D2, fat man with a monkey, PlatinumHawke, Jay Umbreon

Anime Style Battling: The_Missing_Link, Hypotenuse Man, River, Chris 2.0 (now known as Chris 2.1) , RaZoR LeAf, Charizard04621, Yumimeru, Impereon, The Arbiter, RaichuPet, Herakasam, Ditto_Pokefreak, Blastoise #009, Porygonix, Gengachu, Cyndaquil7, tygerofdanyte, Sniper404, Hugo, Clio670, charizard_69c, Indecent Exposure, PokeMaster Julian

FanFiction: Gavin Luper, mistysakura, mr_pikachu, darktyranitar, Andrew, PancaKe, dratinihaunter13 Psi Yamaneko, Timeralay, Misty Rocks, Tygerofdanyte, Damian Silverblade, PokeMasterMike, Shadow_Trainer, Blitzzzzzzz, Chicken Winger Mew, Ginger Cat

FanArt: Saffire Persian, Agent Elrond, Iveechan, Lightning, Meowth_Kitten, espreon, Ninetales3001, Nuriko

Online Pokémon Battling: Vineon, red13n, GotMiltank, Pikapeace, Ditto_Pokefreak

Role Playing Games: Bulbasaur4, Weasel Overlord, Roy Karrde, Outlaw JT, The Muffin Man, Ultimate Charizard, Master Rudy, Ginger Cat, Azura Stardust, Tsukasa,, Damian Silverblade

Polls, Clubs and Games: The_Missing_Link, Wolfsong, pikatogepi, Vidgamer, Lawrence_III_Fan, Pidgeot, Heracross, shazza, Angel Blossom, Dark_Flame, Silver Ledian, Quicksilver62160, cool_daddy_47, Lady Vulpix, Jay, Aipom Of Doom, Cheesey, Kirei

Historic Members
Here are a list of members who some deem as historic for whatever reason.

PokeMaster Kevin: the head honcho, who is best known for creating the site and this message board in the first place, he also known as the quote ‘Cookie Monster’ do to an old and Mysterious instant regarding Oreo cookies. ;)
Happy Hoppip: Quite possibly the youngest known member of TPM. She was only 7 years old.
The Rusted One: An ex Misc mod, he was known for his lengthy arguments in debates and discussions.
Ash_300: A member with over 36,000 posts, more than any other member.
Grinch: Mouthy, perhaps argumentative and an infamous poster.
firepokemon: A loud-mouthed member who lied about many different things and constantly argued with others, making him someone who everyone loved to hate and hated to love at the same time.
Dodrio: Admin who had wars with firepokemon as firepokemon believed he was corrupt. Quite unpopular.
Kasumi: A man who pretended to be a woman... and many male members had a thing for "her".
Misty: Originally Catbert, he used to mod the Shipping forum and used mod Pokémon Anime. He once got his name stuck as "Princess_Pikachu".
Archaic: Now webmaster of BMG, he used to mod Shipping, but was practically booted out.
Blitzzzzzzz: Popular moderator with over 9,000 posts to date, she disappeared a couple of years or so ago.
Reeb: In firepokemon's own words "forceful, responsible and intellectual". She moderated General Discussion and Misc.
Too Cool Scyther: Originally came from Ultimate Pokémon Network. Won the Misc Mod Elections in 2000.
Takeshi: Well aware of himself, he was a good poster and also disliked Dodrio. He was similar to former admin kurai, so they say.
KarmaChameleon: Hacked TPM back in the day, he was egotistical and many members hated him.
Master_Pokemon_H: A spammer who had posting competitions with shazza back in the years 2000/2001. He always used a cool smiley as his post icon.
Vidgamer: Great friends with shazza and used to mod PCG. Still online, but he never comes to TPM any more. He was Little Brother when TPM's Big Brother game first started.
Mr.E: Infamous battler for the GSC games, Mr.E mods the GSC forum, although he's nowhere near as active as he once was, given GSC's decline in popularity.
Ginger Cat: Ex-mod of the RPG forum, no longer comes to TPM. Wrote Fanfics too.
Gligar_Man: Ex-mod of Ruby and Sapphire, he was remembered for being stoned pretty much 24/7. Has since left TPM.
Ditto_Pokefreak: Ex-mod of RBY, Anime, Pokémon Battle Simulator (PBS), and Anime Style Battling (ASB). He was the founder of the TPM ASB League, as well as the co-creator of the PBS Anise League. He also worked on the TPM staff with his Mastery 102 Reports.
Nuriko: Not that widely known outside of the FanArt forum, there was a period of time where she was constantly modded and demodded due to her erratic activity. Has since left TPM due to depression, but was one of the nicest people around according to some.
The Muffin Man: Not the most popular of members, but recently hasn't been as disliked. Got banned in 2004 and used to mod RS and RPG, TMM is very outspoken and very well known. Is currently banned again.
shazza: Ex-PCG mod, still hangs around TPM and goes to the IRC chat #pbs. Was one of the most popular (if not the most popular) PCG mod but since has changed quite a bit, as he has said himself. Runs the TPM game Big Brother.
Lawrence_III_Fanatic: An ex PCG mod who entertained the board in late 2000-early 2001. She had an odd gimmick of saying she ate yellow socks.
The Arbiter: Ex mod of both the Misc and ASB forums, he was previously know as Greyfox10584. He disappeared from the forums in about 2002, but came back in late 2004.
Andrew: Quite possible TPM’s #! Drama Queen, some of stuff he is best known for is being a G-Mod, and he used to mod the FanFiction, some of the other stuff he known for is getting drink, taking on a whole bunch of People in a Mall no I mean in the ASB not in real life… XD
The_missing_Link: She was once the Sole mod of the ASB, and was one of the key players that helped to change TPM’s ASB System for the better…
Chris.2.1: He literally became one of the ASB well known mods, and the TPM ASB Safari Zone was based of places from his Fanfic “The Pokémon Masters League” however he stepped down from his Position as a mod.
Blademaster: Quite possible TPM’s #2 Drama Queen, he is quite outspoken and People respect him for it, He is literally a one man army known as the “I Syndicate” which is also one of his Fanfics…
Charles Legend, he is known both as the Self proclaimed king of the Charizard/ Dragons and in more recent times as The King of the newcomers for bring a four year old topic back to life. He also made the joke that the force and Aura are like Duct Tape and they hold the universe together.

there are history, well all that I could find pluse I added a few members I thought are historic...

~Charles Legend

mr_pikachu
25th March 2008, 02:38 AM
...You could've just linked the Bulbapedia page from which you got almost everything in that post, y'know. -_-;;

Anyway. Happy eighth birthday, TPM! It's weird to think I've been around for most of TPM's history...

firepokemon
25th March 2008, 02:42 AM
LOl that history is so inadequate but its still nice to see.

And Mr. Pikachu - someone deleted it thinking it was unnecessary so it only appears as a cache. As for web.archive.org its horrible so I am going to take everything on it and do it all properly.

Clark
25th March 2008, 03:12 AM
the asb system was perfectly fine under dpf...it was active...now you noobs killed it.

firepokemon
25th March 2008, 03:48 AM
Didn't a few people want to make changes and others didnt like it? I don;t really know I only posted in asb like four times.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
25th March 2008, 06:04 AM
Praise TPM! I don't know if it was exactly the same day when the forum was born, but anyway it was spring 2000 when the event in Zak's signature happened to me or didn't happen.

I'll perhaps post my own views on TPM history later.

Charles Legend
25th March 2008, 06:28 AM
...You could've just linked the Bulbapedia page from which you got almost everything in that post, y'know. -_-;;

Anyway. Happy eighth birthday, TPM! It's weird to think I've been around for most of TPM's history... that would not have worked becuse of an Idoit deleated most of it... -_-;;

LOl that history is so inadequate but its still nice to see.

And Mr. Pikachu - someone deleted it thinking it was unnecessary so it only appears as a cache. As for web.archive.org its horrible so I am going to take everything on it and do it all properly.

[color=wheat]err yeah you do that but let us see it once you do... ;)

the asb system was perfectly fine under dpf...it was active...now you noobs killed it.
Lets see over Powered sigs, People spent more time running Businesses then they did battling, and the Losers got nothing for a battle that went one for weeks and months at a time. need I say more?

also leave my Lackeys out of this, or else.

Didn't a few people want to make changes and others didn't like it? I don't really know I only posted in asb like four times.
The thing was that the mods at the time which were if I recall right were The_Missing_Link, Charizard04621, and Yumimeru I think then those two left and some one what ever his name was got moded because he said he wanted to help but he ended up trashing it instead, if memory serves then both Razor Leaf and Chris 2.0 were moded.

~Charles Legend

Vejodi
25th March 2008, 06:36 AM
that would not have worked becuse of an Idoit deleated most of it... -_-;;

You could have easily linked to an archived version (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w/index.php?title=The_Pok%C3%A9Masters_forums&oldid=266561) of it. ;)

Clark
25th March 2008, 09:45 AM
lol we definitely didn't run businesses. we battled more than you guys ever did back in the day. but its okay, tpm died.
oh yea, shipping was gay. so it got owned.

The_Missing_Link
25th March 2008, 10:17 AM
The thing was that the mods at the time which were if I recall right were The_Missing_Link, Charizard04621, and Yumimeru I think then those two left and some one what ever his name was got moded because he said he wanted to help but he ended up trashing it instead, if memory serves then both Razor Leaf and Chris 2.0 were moded.

~Charles Legend

He was never modded, I just asked him to help. And yes, he did muck it up in the end

And Ace, ASB was dead when I decided to do the revamp. It was sorely needed

Clark
25th March 2008, 10:28 AM
asb died after like most of us got banned lol

Charles Legend
25th March 2008, 11:49 AM
You could have easily linked to an archived version (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w/index.php?title=The_Pok%C3%A9Masters_forums&oldid=266561) of it. ;) O.o?! yeah I guess I could have, but the fact is I felt like posting it! Now I know you were just trying to help but BIDOOF MY BACK OR I'LL HAVE MY LACKEYS ATTACK! ;)

~Charles Legend

Katie
25th March 2008, 12:02 PM
Hahaha, yesterday when I wrote the date on my notes I was thinking "March 24th... what's March 24th again?" and dismissed it as probably some old friend's birthday or something. I guess I was kinda right.

Happy birthday TPM, I feel freaking old now.

Starry Might
25th March 2008, 02:09 PM
8 years? Wow.

I originally registered in November 2000, but I lurked well before that.

I've seen that article about TPM long ago before, but it's still a good read. :)

18. Mr.E: Infamous battler for the GSC games, Mr.E mods the GSC forum, although he's nowhere near as active as he once was, given GSC's decline in popularity.
OH SNAP! They forgot to mention his love of Magikarp! :129: :o (LOL)

20. Gligar_Man: Ex-mod of Ruby and Sapphire, he was remembered for being stoned pretty much 24/7. Has since left TPM.
One thing I remember about him: His polls where his final question was always "soup?" (LOL)

31. Charles Legend, he is known both as the Self proclaimed king of the Charizard/ Dragons and in more recent times as The King of the newcomers for bring a four year old topic back to life. He also made the joke that the force and Aura are like Duct Tape and they hold the universe together.

I SAW WHAT YOU DID THERE. :-O (LOL ^_~)

Blademaster
25th March 2008, 03:05 PM
Here's to another 8.

(laughtrack goes off)

... Meh, it was worth a shot. (raises glass)

Also, Charles Legend wins one item from my armory for adding the epicness that is me to 'The List of Historic TPM Members.' :hellyeah:

Zak
25th March 2008, 03:32 PM
longass post that I don't want to make this page scroll more

Hah, if I recall correctly that information on Bulbapedia was from when people were playing Big Brother, right?

Drago
25th March 2008, 05:30 PM
AND THEN I CAME AND DID STUFF. Happy birthday you inanimate object (though not even really an object!) I considered posting on the actual day, but then I didn't. Now the party's over and everyone's already left. Fortunately there are some crumbs leftover.

shazza
25th March 2008, 08:11 PM
Hah, if I recall correctly that information on Bulbapedia was from when people were playing Big Brother, right?

Yeah, you're right. I forgot all about that! That was when I was BigBrother, yeah?

Toxicity
25th March 2008, 08:15 PM
I remember well enough partaking in that edition. Or, it was a relevant edition and there's some splicing of my memory going on...

I also remember we never got to finish.

firepokemon
25th March 2008, 08:17 PM
I remember the first ever big brother they kicked me out first. I was only being annoying

And welcome back Shazza. I love you under that name it is so much better than Vejodi.

Zak
25th March 2008, 08:29 PM
I remember well enough partaking in that edition. Or, it was a relevant edition and there's some splicing of my memory going on...

I also remember we never got to finish.

I think it was the same one cause I remember in that one you all had to act like someone else for a week and WPM had to be you. But I could have sworn you were in the one with two houses, were you not?

firepokemon
25th March 2008, 08:34 PM
LOl someone should bring back Big Brother.

Toxicity
25th March 2008, 08:49 PM
I think it was the same one cause I remember in that one you all had to act like someone else for a week and WPM had to be you. But I could have sworn you were in the one with two houses, were you not?

If Boys versus Girls constitutes as two houses, then that would be it.

And yeah, I remember posting as Jamey. Of course, it wasn't as good as he posing as Zak Hunter, with Zak Hunter masquerading as Tara.

shazza
25th March 2008, 08:59 PM
I thought in BigBrother 3 (or 2) I did Red House vs Blue House? Is that what you're referring to, Zak?

I'll bring it back if people are interested? It would just be the same people playing again, though. :(

Zak
25th March 2008, 09:25 PM
I thought in BigBrother 3 (or 2) I did Red House vs Blue House? Is that what you're referring to, Zak?

I'll bring it back if people are interested? It would just be the same people playing again, though. :(

Yeah that was the one. It couldn't have been 2, that's the one I was in where I... you know... yeah.

You should give it a shot, there are actually more new frequent users than you may think. Probably just enough to make a full house, maybe repeat one or two.

firepokemon
25th March 2008, 09:35 PM
Shazza do it.

Crystalmaster Mike
26th March 2008, 10:42 AM
8 years?! And my account dates back to April 21, 2001! Man I feel olde...

Look at what I found...

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/pokeglitch62_files/banner.jpg

stuff...

~Charles Legend

That list should have included Bjarni... And WPM. Both members that steer up so much mixed feelings if you talk about them.

Man, reading that list put a lump up my throat... So many people, so many events... And most of them I recognize (hearing about), too.

There should have been a mentioning of the numerous times we got hacked, and about DigiMasters.com (Kevin's idea of an April Fools joke ;))...

To wrap this up, I shall reference some of the unforgettable words of Bjarni:

I R AUITSM!!! LOOK aT piCtuRe oF my FRiEnd's pElvis!!! (*)
(*) Artistic impression. I neither claim nor deny any said member ever having said these words.

mr_pikachu
26th March 2008, 04:51 PM
I R AUITSM!!! LOOK aT piCtuRe oF my FRiEnd's pElvis!!! (*)

Bjarni never said that. I know because he couldn't spell that well.

*chuckles ruefully* When I was new, I actually tried to defend him against some of the near-flames. Then someone (Becca, I believe) told me about the situation. Kinda sad, if only because he gave actual autism a bad reputation.

On a side note, someone really should restart BB. The show was lame; the game was interesting.

Crystalmaster Mike
26th March 2008, 05:50 PM
Talking about bad spelling, there were times you'd log on to Pokémasters.net and it just wouldn't be quite the same... You know, pointlessly colored banners, ads in all the wrong places, 18+ material... Those were the times you could tell... "Righteo, this place's been hacked again."

As far as reviving BB goes... well(*), you could try something the Oz once did in FanFic: have people register as themselves for a crazy bus tour, let them bring only one companion of choice, and have Andrew be the bus driver.
Can you picture it? A whole bunch of people, with their fictional/mysterious/Fakemonish peers, and singing "Hail to the bus driver, bus driver man!" Ah, the good olde days...

(*) you might need electroshocks for that...

shazza
26th March 2008, 07:58 PM
I am restarting BB in a week or so, thanks. :)

I can't believe the first TPM BB game I made was 6 years ago.

firepokemon
26th March 2008, 08:04 PM
I wonder if I'll be kicked out first again? Yeah, prolly.

Chris 2.1
26th March 2008, 08:06 PM
Happy birthday TPM. And can people diss my 'era' of ASB in private, it's ruining my self esteem.

Clark
26th March 2008, 08:07 PM
lol asb ruled back then dewd~~~~~!

Leon-IH
27th March 2008, 09:08 AM
TPM is a bit like a turtle, it just keeps on going..

Crystalmaster Mike
27th March 2008, 12:34 PM
TPM is a bit like a turtle,
it's one tough nut to crack.

To think how many new (sub-)forums have popped up since then... The Archive, AP/CP, every new Generation of Pokémon...
It's like the Hydra: chop one head off, two grow back, meaner than ever!

firepokemon
27th March 2008, 04:20 PM
it's one tough nut to crack.

To think how many new (sub-)forums have popped up since then... The Archive, AP/CP, every new Generation of Pokémon...
It's like the Hydra: chop one head off, two grow back, meaner than ever!

Yes well some I don't get such as the Entertainment forum but never mind. I am glad that we never had forums everywhere like some places. What I find particularly bad, is those boards with lots and lots of areas. Because, the way I see it, they simply don't have enough members to justify such a large forum, and so many forums inside it. Bleh am I making any sense?

Shadowgirl43
27th March 2008, 08:19 PM
uhhhhh.......hi!

firepokemon
27th March 2008, 08:27 PM
uhhhhh.......hi!

Hello :waycool: :megamon: :angel: :eng101: :hellyeah: :keke: :lemoncool: :emo: :v :911:

shazza
27th March 2008, 09:39 PM
Sup sweetheart?

firepokemon
28th March 2008, 06:35 AM
Bah I was hoping that was a member we'd know :(

Zak
28th March 2008, 10:06 AM
What makes you sure it isn't?

kainashi
28th March 2008, 11:18 AM
that historic members list is bs. how am i NOT on there!

Kirby
28th March 2008, 03:23 PM
That's because you're still here. :rolleyes:

Clark
28th March 2008, 04:00 PM
because you fail at life.

woz
28th March 2008, 04:01 PM
who's kainashi again guys?

firepokemon
28th March 2008, 05:55 PM
Oh Lugia you'll always be historic to me
*sobs*

DarkTemplarZero
30th March 2008, 11:03 PM
Lets see over Powered sigs, People spent more time running Businesses then they did battling, and the Losers got nothing for a battle that went one for weeks and months at a time. need I say more?

also leave my Lackeys out of this, or else.

Total nub. T_M_L was one of the people that took my beloved ASB and turned it into a complete shithole. Back in the day ASB was one of the most active forums. There was a time when sub-refs would get no money but people would still sub-ref because reffing was fun. Battles were lightning quick and fiercely creative, with a minimum of the cheesey "flamethrower x3 lulz" crap that passes for battles nowadays. Refs were creative and it was a joy to even read other people's battles. Teams were totally unique to the player. Man I miss the good old days. Now battles take a lifetime and never end because nobody in their right mind wants to ref, it's too damn boring.

DarkTemplarZero
30th March 2008, 11:04 PM
Oh and btw I'm not a historic member? Much disappointment.

Toxicity
31st March 2008, 07:35 AM

We don't feel worthy of your divine prehistoric power, sir Raptor Jesus. :(

Magmar
27th April 2008, 05:12 PM
Lol if I had a history page it would probably be something like.

Magmar: Longest-tenured member of the forums who is not currently an administrator, first elected moderator of a forum, notorious for being blasphemous and gay.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/shadowsandrock/ohmyjesus2.jpg

Nevertheless happy 8th birthday to TPM forums and I guess to me on the same day. Woot for 8 years of time I can never get back!

firepokemon
27th April 2008, 09:10 PM
You people are all historical, just you ppl can't be bothered to get off your arse and tell your damn stories. So one day I will have to get off my arse and tell everyones story.

Magmar is that you in that photo? Too slow for TPMs birthday and my god Easter? Easter was ages ago as well. Oh well.

Oh and talking about ASB. Could someone not write the history about it or something. Because its a very important forum that goes back years and well I was never really part of that scene, I posted like three times and well the history needs to be told. Especially the drama that the forum had and stuff. In fact really someone needs to do proper histories of all the forums. Even the smaller ones such as Other Anime where for a while I modded even though at that time I barely watched anime whatsoever.

Magmar
27th April 2008, 09:52 PM
Yes, that's really me in that photo, and that is my horrific photoshopping from Easter past lol.

dienamight
30th May 2008, 01:39 PM

Chiming in with my own disappointment after years of inactivity.

hi

dienamight
30th May 2008, 01:43 PM
that historic members list is bs. how am i NOT on there!

Hey kainashi I just looked at your profile and saw that you're female now so congrats on the successful operation you must be one happy lady!

Clark
30th May 2008, 03:59 PM
Hey kainashi I just looked at your profile and saw that you're female now so congrats on the successful operation you must be one happy lady!

wasn't he always a lady?

Dark-San
30th May 2008, 10:09 PM
In fact really someone needs to do proper histories of all the forums. Even the smaller ones such as Other Anime where for a while I modded even though at that time I barely watched anime whatsoever.

I doubt anyone is here long enough to write the histories for the smaller forums like OA. Basically, I was not even there long enough to write a complete history since I was not that active during PlatiniumHawke's time. The only person fit enough to write for OA forums would be Last Exile. However as you can see, he is not online these days either.

Drago
1st June 2008, 02:16 AM
Chiming in with my own disappointment after years of inactivity.

hi
Holy flurking shnit. It's diena. Waiting for the word 'fiend'. Still waiting.

Ooh and if people want a write-up on all the forums, I'll do the one for LP's 1337 forum. Coz I wasn't in it so it's fun to make assumptions as to what happened in there.

EDIT: lolz shazza sed teh naughty werds

shazza
1st June 2008, 04:39 AM
Holy fucking shit indeed.

Heald
1st June 2008, 08:06 AM
Ditto.

firepokemon
1st June 2008, 08:09 AM
Hmmm jolly good. 2000 babies everywhere.

dienamight
2nd June 2008, 12:18 PM
Hmmm jolly good. 2000 babies everywhere.

A baby that can operate an M16 assault rifle and drink you under the table, LOL.

What's up everyone? I see TPM has been pretty desolate lately, think we can change that?

RedStarWarrior
2nd June 2008, 01:36 PM
I love how I am listed as Misc moderator under two different s/ns of mine. :)

firepokemon
2nd June 2008, 08:37 PM
A baby that can operate an M16 assault rifle and drink you under the table, LOL.

What's up everyone? I see TPM has been pretty desolate lately, think we can change that?

M16 Assault Rifle how scary. And sadly TPM will become more desolate as the years go unless some main site is brought back up.

----

RedStar and don't forget you were mod of Stadium as World Collision ^^

Dark Scizor
4th June 2008, 07:51 PM
It's a shame, and bringing back the main site wouldn't do much, with sites like Serebii being the best resource for Pokémon news and information, TPM would really have to pull one out of that hat to even attract a reasonable amount of traffic.

I really like coming back here every so often, just to check things out. And it's nice to see some activity, even if it is only a little. It's good to know that the place is still breathing. But with Summer coming up, it's only going to get a more quieter. Which is unfortunate in some ways.

Drago
5th June 2008, 02:19 AM
TPM needs to offer something novel that nowhere else has. After a couple years I cared less about Pokemon and stuck around for the community. Now that there is no community, it's hard to find reasons to be here.
If there was to be a main site again, what would it truly offer that nowhere else would? This is 2008, everything's been done already. Perhaps a video game-based web comic. People seem to love those.

Dark Scizor
5th June 2008, 09:03 AM
Aye, it's a bit of a problem.

With webcomics, especially video game based ones, they're hardly funny and Serebii did one for a bit, as well as vgcats I think? Anyway, it takes something special for webcomics to be funny. I guess it could work anyway, this place will never get the numbers it saw during the Pokémon fad, but if it could have a small fraction of that, it'd be fantastic.

As long as the forums stay up though, we'll always get people wandering back here, and that's enough imo. I wasn't a snivelling poor med student and had a high disposable income, I'd most likely donate money to keep this place up and running, even if it had seen the last of its days.

I think the thing is just to try and keep people here, the main reason I don't post or rarely visit is because there are so little new posts being made, I have little incentive to post as well. I'm sure it's the same for a lot of people here, since there do seem to be quite a fair few lurkers.

Too Cool Scyther
5th June 2008, 11:39 AM
I'm a few months late... but Happy Birthday TPM and Happy Birthday (I guess?) to all those who still post here =D

Good times and bad times. But will forever be lasting memories. I personally felt like all the arguments and conversations I had with the people here has helped me in the long run. For the most part anyway. :)

The only thing I regret was staying up late on school nights posting and not doing my homework. Not that I would do my homework until the last minute anyway, but still.

Magmar
5th June 2008, 05:16 PM
Holy shit, it's Mel! :eek:

Drago
5th June 2008, 07:35 PM
Actually, it seems the solution to bringing back TPM activity is to just post any topic that relates to nostalgia whatsoever. People seem to crawl out of the woodwork for this kinda topic. :o

firepokemon
5th June 2008, 09:19 PM
Hello TCS ^_^ nice to see you.

I think the thing is just to try and keep people here, the main reason I don't post or rarely visit is because there are so little new posts being made, I have little incentive to post as well. I'm sure it's the same for a lot of people here, since there do seem to be quite a fair few lurkers.

Well of course theres going to be few new posts made, because mostly they've already been done because its the same old users that post. Thats the nature of what w have, I didn't actually say bring the main site back. Its not going to happen, not by Kevin at least. What I was saying though, is the fact that without some type of main site we are destined to keep getting smaller and smaller. Its inevitable unless there is change in the air. That change is unlikely to ever come. Nostalgic posts help to bring some people back, but thats for that thread and maybe a few others.

People try constantly to get things going. In RPG forum, new things are being made all the time. These include the TPM Dungeon and Dragons, we've seen the TPM TCG thing be created. In Video games people are posting interesting things to do with Video Game music and the like. In Other Anime, its turning into a streaming video linkage thing. In PCG people are posting new games, to try and get people interested. In Fanfics, new fanfics are being posted and its quite the active forum. Even in the pokemon forums, new things are being posted.

The fact is people are making new topics and trying to get people interested. The thing is, that we're rather small today, and often what is posted, does not interest everyone. So people are trying to make this forum more active, however, that is going to be difficult when its the same users everyday that come here.

Dark Scizor
6th June 2008, 06:27 AM
Aye, I was thinking that.

With so few active members, there's a smaller chance of people being interested in the same thing you are, at least to an extent where you can have a decent discussion about things.

It's quite a vicious circle.

Asilynne
6th June 2008, 03:22 PM
The only way for us to increase our population is for all of us to have babies. So everyone pair up and get to it ^-~

Blademaster
7th June 2008, 02:04 PM
You're just looking for reasons to get 'friendly' with Rudy. :rolleyes:

Heald
8th June 2008, 06:09 AM
It'd help if we had a main site: that was really the only reason people joined and stayed in the first place. Once we lost the main site, the numbers of people that actually stayed upon joining fell rapidly. Also, many veterans either grew out of Pokemon or simply got a life and left the board. The result is lower activity which fuels the cycle as no one wants to join a dead forum and hardly anyone who is already a member is going to post in a dead forum.

I imagine that this board will be dead in another four years: I certainly don't see myself being here in more than four years time (when I'll be approaching 25) and I'm really the only reason anyone posts here anyway. The only way we could possibly forestall this fate is actually restoring the front page to something remotely worth visiting. We can't compete with the likes of the green board for comprehensiveness but if we just made it a site for lite news, with contributions coming mainly from the forum (say Fanfic chapter of the week, Artwork of the week, Fanfic of the month, RPG of the now, funniest/weirdest posts this week, best/worst of the forum etc.) along with a crack team of editors and site managers who deal with the day to day aspects of the site, perhaps not making it a site about Pokemon as such but a site about people who play and like Pokemon. I imagine chronicling the likes of the Monotype Challenges would be an interesting read.

To be honest, with enough support, some donations and Kevin's permission, this could be a viable plan.

Magmar
8th June 2008, 08:47 AM
The only way for us to increase our population is for all of us to have babies. So everyone pair up and get to it ^-~

Aheeemmmmmmm

ECVlion
8th June 2008, 08:42 PM
I've been on here pretty long. :)
I joined when I was seven. Now I'm fourteen.... I'm getting old.

MToolen
10th June 2008, 02:11 PM
I was 10 when I joined, now 18 and almost in college. I wish I had time to play Pokemon. I do still love coming here and seeing familiar names, though- there's no taste quite like nostalgia.

I am trying to come back and post more; this is a part of my history and I'd like it not to die.

shazza
11th June 2008, 11:22 AM
I've been on here pretty long. :)
I joined when I was seven. Now I'm fourteen.... I'm getting old.

Do you know the where abouts of lilly2000?!