PDA

View Full Version : Well CBS can kiss my ass.... (Jericho)

Master Rudy
26th March 2008, 02:06 AM
For the second time in a year CBS takes a great TV show and flushes it down the crapper. If you haven't heard yet Jericho got canceled again despite a huge fan protest. Seems to me all they care about now is CSI, Survivor or Big Brother. In my mind it was one of the few original TV shows to come on in recent years so seeing it canned once more hurts.

In any case I started this topic because as it stands it seems like the producers are looking to try to get a cable network to pick it up. So far Sci Fi looks to be the number one choice since they recently got the rights to the reruns. In short feel free to talk about the show and while your at it check out the link in my sig. And before you laugh about online petitions not working keep in mind it did work once before and brough the show back for season 2 ^_~

Crystalmaster Mike
26th March 2008, 10:24 AM
What? Well, seems all they care about these days are those "be-the-10th-caller-and-win" telephone "games", and the "you-can-be-a-st4r-too-meanwhile-laugh-at-people's-horrendous-singing-capabilities" format.

And with they I mean television here. Don't know how it's for you out there. Personally, when I heard people complain about Jamba's (you know, Crazy Frog) over-the-top commerciality, I thought they were overreacting, but recently, all those ring tone commercials are beginning to make me nauseous.

---

On topic, I thought Jericho was great. Heroes-ish in mystery (Peter vs. Jake, anyone?), 24-ish in action, to compare with the great names (note the "ish", I'm not saying they (don't) match in greatness).
A scarily present topic, too. Who knows where the next barrage of missiles/foot troops may be launched to, and from where and for what reason?

Master Rudy
27th March 2008, 07:52 PM
Well if you ask me I think one major problem has been that CBS has always seemed to mishandle the series. Past the first week or two that the show was on the air I never seemed to see or hear a single peep or ad about the show. It got off to a strong start but then they put the show on a three month hiatus. End result? They lost 25% of their viewers according to Nielsen rating. Of course as some people may be aware the Nielsen system is very outdated and is a poor measure of how many viewers a show has. Also don't forget that in the first season it was matched up against Bones and Deal or No Deal.

Now when the show returned many people said they didn't catch it at the 9 PM timeslot or that they either watched on demand from the CBS website or downloaded the episodes on Itunes. So what did CBS do? They moved it to Tuesday at 10 PM with Big Brother as the lead in. Well no one gives a shit about BB not to mention that's Idol night. In other words me and many fans of the show agree. CBS brought it back and purposely threw it into a poor timeslot as a way of saying fuck you. CBS claims low viewership was the cause with the average numbers for the second season (according to Nielsen mind you) of about 6 million.

I'm sorry low viewership? I guess they didn't count the fact that the DVD set was a big seller not to mention Jericho being a consistant #1 download for Itunes. Finally a guy at CBS later admited that they get between 12 and 15 million people watching the episodes on their own time at CBS.com

I call it as I see it.....and personally I see a case where CBS wanted it to fail. I've got a theroy on that which I'll hold off on lest I draw in certain people on this board and turn it into a totally different disscussion no longer related to Jericho.

In any case if you've seen the show feel free to share fav moments, quotes, ect. If you haven't then start with season one. This is one of those shows where if your willing to give it a chance and see at least the first two or three episodes you'll be hooked ^_~

Crystal Mew
30th March 2008, 11:29 PM
I went to Las Vegas in 2006, and me and my friend went to the MGM hotel and we signed up to go and watch an hour of tv to go rate. Well it ended up being Jericho, it was a pretty decent episode, it was the pilot. Actually it pretty fun rating it cause what they do is give you this little knob that you have to continually go back and forth between boring or exciting. Haha, anyways, I gave it good reviews =)

The reason I never bothered watching it afterwards was because it was on at the same time as Lost. I think they should have thought their scheduling out, it probably would have done much better if they had.

Well I signed your petition, and even though I don't really watch it, I hope it can go back on the air for all the fans of the show =)

PNT510
24th April 2008, 07:27 AM
I think CBS actually did a good job of promoting Jericho especially the second season. It just didn't have the audience a network like CBS expects.

Andrew
26th April 2008, 10:19 PM
Jericho was terrible. Terrible acting and logic that failed.

"OH NOES THERE IS NO POWER IN THE TOWN!!!!?"
"Let's make you a cup of tea with my ELECTRIC KETTLE"

Or the fact that there was no nuclear winter or mutant freaks. It was a terribly executed premise.

I do love the premise but. NUCLEAR APOCALYPSE!

So, goodbye Jericho. You sucked.

Please take Survivor with you, unless you make it interesting again. Oh and 24 - WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR! INNOCENT PEOPLE WILL DIE! TERRORISTS!!!!

Ugh. Apart from season 1, 24 sucks.